PDA

View Full Version : This Season's series worth watching

Traditional Tom
4th October 06, 02:58 PM
Right now these are the shows I'm actually making time for -

Veronica Mars
Battlestar Galactica

and right now since I am a poor man I'm downloading the first season of "The Shield" since everyone who reviews it says they would have sex with it if they could.

Veronica Mars -

Joss Whedon's dialogue has gotten better and better with each series he has done. Obviously practise makes perfect but it's hard to wrap your mind around how big a difference it makes.
A little while back I decided to watch a couple of notable episodes of Buffy (Once More With Feeling, Hush, that episode where the first slayer tries to kill them all in their sleep) and they were good. The concepts were great but the dialogue itself just doesn't compare with his later shows like VM and Firefly.

That's why I'm happy the show is back on for another season, since there isn't that much action (as opposed to Buffy where they had the terrible "fights") the dialogue (and of course, mystery) is that much better since it has to carry the show.

It helps that the main character has a really, really nice body.

Battlestar Galactica -

I'm a nerd. To be honest when I first saw my oldest brother watching this series and other such nerdy individuals I just couldn't see the appeal of the show. I was confused as to who the characters were, who the enemies were, and what the hell was going on (that's generally what happens when you walk in for 5 minutes in the middle of the episode after listening to the whole thing while playing another computer game and then head back to said game after).

But after seeing the first season, especially the "prequel" episodes, I was hooked. The destruction of all humanity? An actual idea as to who the Psylons were? Watching how bad situations would progress to worse situations? It reminded me somewhat of the book "The Stand" by Stephen King, just with that oppressive feeling of an absolute end to the human race forthcoming.

Focus

What series are you looking forward too this year? Back up your worthless opinions with reasons.

Stick
4th October 06, 03:53 PM
This is highly amusing.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/vmarslolerbots.gif

Joss Whedon has never written for VM, he is a big fan who got a bit part in the second season- as did another big fan, Kevin Sith, and BTW Stephen King is going to get a bit part this season cause he fuck'n loves it. The show was created and is written by Rob Thomas, no not the Rob Thomas from that crappy band.

I too am going out of my way to watch BSG and VM, pretty much the two best thigns on TV.

And it looks like from here on in I'll be DLing Showtime's Dexter.

Seraphim
4th October 06, 04:19 PM
How the hell do you people find time for TV?

Stick
4th October 06, 04:20 PM
Magic fucking powers.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/vmarshands.gif

Seraphim
4th October 06, 04:31 PM
Magic fucking powers.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/vmarshands.gif

You are such a post whore. And I like it! Any chance of her in a bikini?

Cormoran
4th October 06, 06:51 PM
My name is Earl. why? because it's bloody hilarious.

I've liked the show from the first episode onwards and it just seems to get better and better. Roommate and i like it to a point that it's snuck it's way into our greetings. We got funny looks saying "hey Earl." "Hi Crabman!" when it wasn't out in Australia yet.

Stick
4th October 06, 06:56 PM
I am indeed a whore, and this is indeed a bikini.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/kbell.jpg

Frankly, as good as that is, I like this picture better

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/kbell2.jpg

AAAhmed46
4th October 06, 07:04 PM
Heroes....Prison Break......Smallville(kinda)

Aaranar
4th October 06, 08:16 PM
Don't know when the next season comes around, but I really enjoy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

T3hJudoChop
4th October 06, 09:23 PM
No love for Lost or The Office?

Traditional Tom
4th October 06, 09:24 PM
This is highly amusing.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/vmarslolerbots.gif

Joss Whedon has never written for VM, he is a big fan who got a bit part in the second season- as did another big fan, Kevin Sith, and BTW Stephen King is going to get a bit part this season cause he fuck'n loves it. The show was created and is written by Rob Thomas, no not the Rob Thomas from that crappy band.

I too am going out of my way to watch BSG and VM, pretty much the two best thigns on TV.

And it looks like from here on in I'll be DLing Showtime's Dexter.

*shrugs* I can't say I care enough to research it, I just recall hearing at one point that he was writing for it. That's hearsay for you.

Personally I think KB looks hottest when she's just going around in her jeans and shirts, something about that does it for me. Plus I think at times she has a somewhat manly face, which disturbs me. I think her head is too big.

My Name is Earl is pretty damn funny at parts. I downloaded the series but never managed to get more than half-way through. It's just too damn wholesome for me. Though my favorite episode is the drag race -

"Are you afraid? You better be!... do you know how many girls I've had sex with?.... (awed voice) ... Four..." (holds up corresponding fingers)

And you people need to start giving some gerdamn reasons why you think these shows are good or stop posting your worthless opinions. I thought I made that clear.

AAAhmed46
4th October 06, 11:38 PM
No love for Lost or The Office?

I used to watch lost, but it was off air for a while and then i was lost as to what was happening on Lost, so i dont watch it anymore.

G-G-G Ghost!
5th October 06, 03:36 AM
Let me sum up Lost for you: action show in a drama show's body. Seriously, the first episode makes it out to be some big action adventure show, as does the marketing, but then the whole thing turns out to be a drama (and poorly constructed drama where nothing ever happens, at that) where this elusive "ultimate mystery" is occasionally popping by to remind us why we started watching the show in the first place. The audience likes to think it's action, the advertisers make it look like action, even the creators want to be doing action instead. Trust me, by the time they drag this out for five seasons, everyone will agree with me! Everyone drops off the Lost train eventually; at what point you drop off depends on how long the mystery of the island keeps you interested on its own.
Okay, now that that's over, two series' come to mind that are must-sees: The Shield and Sopranos. Both dark, moody and layered drama shows produced on cable, both quickly approaching their respective ends. Lost can go to hell - you only get good drama on cable

Stick
5th October 06, 03:55 AM
Personally I think KB looks hottest when she's just going around in her jeans and shirts, something about that does it for me. Plus I think at times she has a somewhat manly face, which disturbs me. I think her head is too big.

Manly?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/vmarssmile2sm.gif

Riiiiiiiight...

DAYoung
5th October 06, 05:49 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/tenshirisu/kbell2.jpg

You know, I'm not much of a connoisseur, but that's gotta be one of the ugliest dresses in this history of fashion.

Dai, I suggest you ask her nicely to remove it.

T3hJudoChop
5th October 06, 09:26 AM
I used to watch lost, but it was off air for a while and then i was lost as to what was happening on Lost, so i dont watch it anymore.

Netflix. It's how I caught up.

In a nutshell, Jack, Sawyer, and Kate have been captured by The Others because Michael betrayed them in order to get him and his son off the island. He also shot Ana Lucia and Libby in the process. The hatch has been blown to bits because Locke had doubts about the button and let the clock rundown. Turns out the whole thing really is a big electormagnet. It was also confirmed that Desmond was the reason why the plane crashed. He was away when the hatch experienced a system failure.

See, to me, that looks like a lot of stuff happened.

Some bits about the Season 3 opener:

Learned that Jack has bigger issues than just his "Daddy doesn't approve of me."

Saw where the Others live and got a glimpse of the kind of life they lead before the crash.

JimmyTheHutt
5th October 06, 11:16 AM
Anybody catch "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip"? It's everything good about "Sportsnight" and 30 minutes longer.

That and BSG form the extent of my watch list.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Neildo
5th October 06, 11:23 AM
I don't watch much TV, but i watched 'The Unit' the other night.

Apparently real army guys don't like it, but i don't see many military themed shows on TV, so it'll hafta do.

Traditional Tom
5th October 06, 12:28 PM
Manly?

She has a more chiselled jawline than I do.