View Full Version : Heroes

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

AAAhmed46
23rd November 06, 02:44 AM
weeee.

Up with flogging.

Sirc
23rd November 06, 02:57 PM
As pathetic as the fight was on the last show between Peter and Sylar, I actually thought it was really well done. I mean, I really doubt 2 superpowered people had ever actually fought before so it must've been really awkward for the both of them. Well done, pig.

AAAhmed46
24th November 06, 01:56 AM
But...no kamehameha battle? Come on. We should have had that atleast.

Steve
28th November 06, 01:20 AM
So Sylar eats the brains of his victims to gain their powers permanently, or what? It seems that he is 'improving' himself by taking the broken parts (as he seems to call them) and adding them to his own workings...

After reviewing the Wiki article on him it seems that he gets the powers of the people he kills. Still don't know why he has to take their brains tho...

AAAhmed46
28th November 06, 01:48 AM
What is his original power?

I dont think he was a normal person really, because of the way the camera was working for him, did some wonky split personality crap.

Buzman
28th November 06, 10:42 AM
Nice "Back to the Future" homage from Hiro in yesterdays episode.

Neildo
28th November 06, 12:28 PM
The next episode better be mind-blowingly fucking awesome or I'm gonna be pissed.

Steve
2nd December 06, 03:39 AM
So, they say that one of the 'heroes' is going to die in the next episode.

Place your bets on who it's gonna be...

I'm calling...............

Well, it's obviously not Hiro, Claire or Peter...

I'll guess D.L., but it's just a guess.

Sirc
2nd December 06, 11:51 AM
I'm putting my bets on Ando. Sidekicks always die.

Steve
2nd December 06, 12:03 PM
You may be on to something...

Sirc
2nd December 06, 12:09 PM
He's going to die. I mean that's just what happens in comic books. Which is what's great about this show, it's such a Silver-age comic book as far as plot twist styles go. It's awesome! I mean if/when Ando dies, that's when Hiro will turn all emo-goth and get a sword and start stopping time and cut some bitches up with his Katana with +3 of awesome.

Steve
2nd December 06, 12:15 PM
He's going to die. I mean that's just what happens in comic books. Which is what's great about this show, it's such a Silver-age comic book as far as plot twist styles go. It's awesome! I mean if/when Ando dies, that's when Hiro will turn all emo-goth and get a sword and start stopping time and cut some bitches up with his Katana with +3 of awesome.

I can see what you're saying...

But minus the GAY!

Osiris
2nd December 06, 12:16 PM
Yeh, ando is fucked. He's not a competent enough side kick to survive this.

Sirc
2nd December 06, 12:17 PM
Yeh, ando is fucked.

Drunk yet?

Steve
2nd December 06, 12:27 PM
They better do something cool since it's the last episode this year.

EDIT: So who's gonna die?

Sirc
2nd December 06, 12:36 PM
It's going to be Ando, the only other person it could be is DL. But even then that's a bit of a stretch.

Steve
2nd December 06, 12:58 PM
We'll see....

Ando vs DL:

FIGHT!

Or we are both baka.

Osiris
2nd December 06, 01:59 PM
Drunk yet?

Nope. Fried chicken, liquor and strippers tonight FTW.

Steve
2nd December 06, 02:08 PM
LOL!

And I called the DL. So all stupid lies on me.

Sun Wukong
3rd December 06, 03:09 PM
I bet the bullet meant for DL hits Ando. That's just my bet.

It would be poetic, because Nikki/Jessica is his dream girl. Plus it would conflict Hiro deeply as he goes out of his way to get justice for Ando. It would draw Hiro to the front of just about every conflict except the one with the US government.

Ando is so gonna bite it.

AAAhmed46
4th December 06, 12:07 AM
I think Ando will die, Claires dad clearly showed an interest in Hiro, he wants a piece of that japanese ass, and ando dies for Hiro.

Neildo
5th December 06, 11:18 AM
I spaced out and missed last nights episode. I watched Steve McQueen in Bullitt and played VCS instead. oops.

So, did I miss anything?

Stick
5th December 06, 12:34 PM
Just go to nbc.com and watch it there streaming for free.

Anywho, HA-HA, ANDO LIVES! ^_^

Eden dies... >_<

I think maybe, just maybe Mr. Bennet himself has an ability, he can "mute" the powers of those around him; Eden's voice did nothing to him, but it seemed to be geting to the Haitian. He told Sylar his powers wouldn't work in the cell, and they apparently didn't untill Bennet was gone and Eden faced him alone. Unfortunately the Haitian was around when Bennet and Claire were talking to whatsherface and the cop tried to read their minds, so that doesn't really help us. Also, has Claire ever healed when her father was near by?

Plus, that was sorta fucked up when Bennet wiped Zack and his son's memories of Claire.... that was pretty fucked up indeed. I wonder why the Haitian is refusing to follow orders this time, speak, and why it's so important that Claire remembers.

Also, what the fuck was that gun that Eden had? That thing was weird.

T3hJudoChop
5th December 06, 12:35 PM
In a sporadic nutshell.

Eden is dead, or at least that's we are left to believe. She was going to try to kill Sylar, but Sylar went all Evil Jedi on her, and killed her. Somehow he was able to resist her persuasion abilities.

Everyone who knew about Claire's abilities had their memories wiped. Claire calls her Daddy. Daddy apparently did not know this was happening. Mysterious Mind Guy shows up in Claire's room and tells her that he was sent to wipe her memory, but he will not do that. Instead, he will let her remember everything and tells her "Claire, can you keep a secret". Yes, the mute has finally spoken.

After a brief chase involving Micah, DL, and Niki/Jessica, Niki realizes she cant trust herself because of Jessica, so she turns herself in to the cops, tells them she is a murderer.

Peter has a vision/dream as he is leaving the police station that he is the cause of the giant bomb explosion.

Mind-Reading cop and partner interrogate Claire and her daddy about the events at the school. Actually, it was the partner who asked the questions, and Matt tried to read his mind. Matt was blocked because The Mysterious Mind Guy was outside of the room blocking Matt's skills. Later, trying to track them, Matt sees Mysterious Mind Guy and Claire's dad walking together, and recognizes Mind Guy. Matt tries to read their minds, but can only get one word "Sylar"

That's all I remember, and the events didnt happen in that order. Probably the best bet for a quick recap is the wiki for Heroes.

Neildo
5th December 06, 12:40 PM
Awesome! Now I can see episode 2, which i also missed.

Aw, i think i can't watch it at work. On the screen it says:

We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available from your location.
Please select another clip.

Wah.

Sirc
5th December 06, 02:05 PM
Last night's episode was aweeeeesssooommmeeee. I'm a bit surprised at Eden dying. That was.... unfortunate. Hot girls should never die.

Osiris
5th December 06, 02:15 PM
I think maybe, just maybe Mr. Bennet himself has an ability, he can "mute" the powers of those around him

Nah, I think thats the hatian too.

She was going to try to kill Sylar, but Sylar went all Evil Jedi on her, and killed her.

No, she killed herself to prevent getting brainsnatched.

AAAhmed46
5th December 06, 02:37 PM
Yeah i think so too....i think.

Osiris
5th December 06, 03:01 PM
The look on Skylars face as well as the deviation from his usual method makes that clear.

Neildo
5th December 06, 03:14 PM
Oh fuck i REALLY want to see this now. I'm pissed. grr.

T3hJudoChop
5th December 06, 03:20 PM
No, she killed herself to prevent getting brainsnatched.

In retrospect, I think you are right. Wouldnt make sense for him to kill her if he wanted that power.

Buzman
5th December 06, 03:58 PM
It was pretty obvious she blew her own brains out. Sklar says "That won't work on me" thinking she was gonna shoot him in the face, but she was just turning the gun on herself to prevent Sklar from taking her power.

Steve
5th December 06, 06:05 PM
Oh fuck i REALLY want to see this now. I'm pissed. grr.

If you happen to have the SciFi network, they replay each new episode the following Fridays at 7pm.

Just another idea about catching it...

Neildo
5th December 06, 06:24 PM
They don't have SciFi up here. Need a satellite dish to get that stuff, and even then it's premium. Well, that's AFAIK. A friend had a dish a long time ago, and we'd watch the cooler shit they played.

Sirc
5th December 06, 07:06 PM
PM me your address, I'll burn 1-8 on a cd for you.

AAAhmed46
5th December 06, 08:30 PM
Not many people caught that it seems.

Poor girl.

Bustardo
5th December 06, 11:48 PM
I just re-watched it. She definately shot herself.

That sucks, I liked her.

Buzman
6th December 06, 09:43 AM
They don't have SciFi up here. Need a satellite dish to get that stuff, and even then it's premium. Well, that's AFAIK. A friend had a dish a long time ago, and we'd watch the cooler shit they played.

TiVo for teh w1n.

Neildo
6th December 06, 11:20 AM
eDvNAhJHqYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvNAhJHqYg

Love you.....tivo...

Sun Wukong
7th December 06, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I didn't see that happening but why in the hell did they write that extremely cute girl out of the show? Of that I had no idea.

Since sylar's power is apparently figuring out how things work and altering his DNA to mimic it then maybe he figured out a way fix his DNA to block out the girls persuasion powers.

At any rate, Sylar's out on the prowl again.

Since Peter absorbs other peoples powers and can use them when other 'heroes' are around maybe if he's around alot of them all at once then it'll cause him to meltdown? That's what it looked like to me.

No idea really, this show kinda keeps you guessing.

GreenHornet
7th December 06, 08:27 AM
Peter seems to have an extra lucid ability since its the 4rth time he has visions (remember at the begining of the serie when he sees himself flying, then when he has a dream about the old man hes taking of, and in the 10th episode when he had a dream about Nathan accident).

I don't think he will be responsible for the explosion but rather that as the center of his vision he represents himself as the protagonist...
The radioactive redneck will blowout N.Y.
Cause now that his wife is dead he has nothing to lose and I see him going crazy over the world.

Sun Wukong
7th December 06, 03:52 PM
See, i was thinking it might be the radioactive redneck at first because he has the radioactive powers.

But, then i thought he could just be a red herring... or maybe peter is the red herring. Damn it.

Osiris
7th December 06, 05:38 PM
Or, watch this, Peter absorbs the radioactive guys powers. That fits in line with what we know about both characters. Its whats being implied.

AAAhmed46
7th December 06, 07:21 PM
There was no radioactive man in that vision though.

And what does SYLER have to do with it?

Stick
7th December 06, 07:21 PM
He absorbs the guy's powers but has no idea how not to explode.

Osiris
7th December 06, 07:42 PM
There was no radioactive man in that vision though.

He just has to be in the area I think.

And what does SYLER have to do with it?

Haven't a clue.

AAAhmed46
7th December 06, 08:25 PM
So...peters powers evolve so he can absorb powers from farther away?

Osiris
7th December 06, 08:37 PM
His range hasn't ever been tested. Thats the most logical solution. What elements are there?

A. An exploding guy.
B. Peter exploding.
C. Peters ability to absorb powers.

This COULD be a misdirection, but as is, it aint rocket science.

Neildo
12th December 06, 12:07 PM
OH FFS.

I opted to go out and get drunk as opposed to watching this. Actually, there wasn't much thought on the matter, as I completely forgot about the show, AGAIN.

So, what happened? Anyone?

Steve
12th December 06, 12:20 PM
There was no new show.

Nothing new until Jan 22nd.

Oh, and there will be showing all the episodes (marathon) on Jan 1st on NBC.

Osiris
12th December 06, 12:25 PM
Jessica shoots up DL. He's hit once. Fights back, the kid is hurt and Nicky turns herself into the police. Hiro meets Isaac. Claire and Peter meet. Claire's father has everyone who knows about her mind wiped. The haitian comes for her, but double crosses the father, asking if she can keep a secret. The cute chick with Claire's father goes to kill Sylar. Alone. She gets her ass beat and is about to get brain snatched when she blows her head off. Peter has a vision of the future where he realizes that HE causes the explosion in NYC.

Neildo
12th December 06, 12:43 PM
Excellent. Thanks to you both.

AAAhmed46
14th December 06, 01:59 AM
There was no new show.

Nothing new until Jan 22nd.

Oh, and there will be showing all the episodes (marathon) on Jan 1st on NBC.

Feels kinda long.

Steve
14th December 06, 02:32 AM
Oh, forgot to mention that George Takei will be playing Hiro's dad.

Go Sulu!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/11/takei.jpgSuperman had Jor-El. Batman has Wayne Manor. And now Hiro Nakamura has Captain Sulu.

Figuring all great Heroes need to have come from somewhere, the hit NBC series has tapped Star Trek icon George Takei to play the father of Hiro Nakamura, the plucky Japanese office worker who happens to be able to bend the space-time continuum.

E! Online's Kristin Veitch reported Monday that a new character "who has been around a lot longer" was joining the serialized drama, which has become one of the few solid new hits of the 2006 television season, attracting more than 14.4 million viewers a week. (For more Heroes scoop, including more about the show's mysterious killer Sylar, check out E! Online TV columnist Kristin Veitch's blog.)

"This is absolutely brilliant," Masi Oka, who plays Hiro, told TV Guide. "Hiro's father is this big honcho who shows up in America with his bodyguard. He has this whole elaborate scheme to kidnap his son and take him back to Japan."

Which probably won't go over too well with Hiro, who, after traveling five weeks into the future just in time to see New York go boom, has journeyed to the States to save the world.

"I just hope I get to say, 'Dad! Sulu is my hero, not you!' The sci-fi fans would love it!" Oka said.

Takei, 69, a cult figure among Trekkies and currently the unlikely official voice of The Howard Stern Show, will show up on Heroes in a Jan. 29 cliffhanger episode.

"It was just one of those lightning-bolt ideas," series creator Tim Kring told TV Guide.

After his steady gig piloting the starship Enterprise came to an end after 1991's Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Takei busied himself with a host of voiceover work in TV, films and videogames and guest spots on shows ranging from The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle to Scrubs and Will & Grace.

In fact, it was Takei's trademark deep voice and flair for enunciation that made him a favorite on The Howard Stern Show back when the morning shock-jock was still on terrestrial radio. After a few engaging interviews that proved just how open-minded Takei's sense of humor is, he was tapped to be the show's announcer when it made the jump to Sirius Satellite Radio.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=fed133ee-2545-4600-8073-0a626192faf0

Sirc
14th December 06, 04:38 AM
Whoever is in charge of this show is a fucking genius brilliant man.

Neildo
22nd January 07, 11:25 PM
New Episode tonight! Wooo!

AAAhmed46
23rd January 07, 08:29 PM
Watched it.

So...will Claire have to conceal her freindship with Zach? Because if he walks into her house again, wont Glasses man get a bit suspicious?

sdave
26th January 07, 03:05 AM
Oh, forgot to mention that George Takei will be playing Hiro's dad.

Eric Roberts is joining the cast too!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/501862~Best-of-the-Best-Posters.jpg

Apparently he'll be working for Claire's 'father'.

Maybe Ralf Moeller will be the season 2 Big Bad...

Steve
26th January 07, 03:35 AM
lol, it gets better and better!

AAAhmed46
6th February 07, 05:17 PM
Har har har, Nathans been a busy man!

He sure likes the blonds!

The invisible man is freaking awsome.

Stick
6th February 07, 06:53 PM
Well that makes Peter about a billion times more powerful: he can call up people's powers at will with a little training.

Maybe he'll get to seriously throwdown with Syler after all.

Seriously, this makes him like the Ubber Mench to end all. He doesn't even have to hurt any one, just be near them for a little while.

So, right here's what Peter can do:

Fly
Regenerate from death
Turn invisible
Stop time
Teleport
See and record the future
Read minds
Nuetralize powers
Anything Syler can do

What. The. Fuck.

Yiktin Voxbane
6th February 07, 09:05 PM
The 1st episode aired here last week with a repeat of it last night.

I think I'm hooked.

Cheerleader = the Oriiginal Suicidegirl
Crazy Japanese man=Crazy Japanese man
Politicians brother= Leader of the emo brigade
Painter=NO credibility whilst still wielding 2 ears

Between this and the new series of 24 it's wrecking my Mmorpg time.

Neildo
6th February 07, 10:58 PM
Yiktin, stay tuned, it gets awesome.

Don't read this thread unless you want the spoilers though.

JimmyTheHutt
7th February 07, 12:35 AM
I was going to cancel my Cable TV.

Then I started watching this show.

Goddamn it.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Yiktin Voxbane
7th February 07, 07:42 AM
Yiktin, stay tuned, it gets awesome.

Don't read this thread unless you want the spoilers though.

Read it a cpl;o weeks ago, came away with the feeling it was something I shlould at least give a chance to. As for spoiler, I am a stoner ...... so notta lot of it stuck ;D

mrblackmagic
7th February 07, 10:19 AM
Theory based on last Monday. Nathan gets killed by Syler. Peter gets pissed, but thinking about Claire stops him from going nuclear (save the cheerleader save the world; this was in reference to peter saving her from Syler).

Question?
How come Syler didn't die from getting shot and falling off the building? He didn't get Claire's healing factor.

AAAhmed46
7th February 07, 11:57 AM
I have a feeling that OTHER THEN the immoratlity desire Syler has, another reason he wants to go after Claire is so he can go nuclear while getting put back together.

Buzman
7th February 07, 07:18 PM
The license plate on George Takei's car was NCC 1701.

Neildo
7th February 07, 10:48 PM
NICE. Good eye. i didn't see that shit.

AAAhmed46
9th February 07, 04:12 PM
What does that number mean again?

Neildo
9th February 07, 05:11 PM
http://www.memory-alpha.org/nl/images/thumb/5/56/USS_Enterprise_NCC_1701.jpg/250px-USS_Enterprise_NCC_1701.jpg

Steve
20th February 07, 12:58 AM
Stan Lee was the bus driver for Hiro at the end of the show.

Ha ha ha.

Stick
20th February 07, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it's all coming to pass, Peter is going to be fucking unstoppable.

Stan Lee showing up, that was great.

I have to say, Mr. Bennet really impresses me- the actor and the character- I mean I actually got a little teary eyed when he was like begging Clare for forgiveness in the hallways. He really does think what he's doing is for the best, that he's a good guy- hell in some ways he really is.

It's sad that Ando's gone.

So we figure Hiro can now sort of selectivly reverse time too? What the hell was that? If he'd reversed time all together, it would've just gone back to the second before they got shot and they'd be shot only a moment later, the cops wouldn't have made it. However, if he'd simply reversed time, why would she recoil as the the bullet had slammed back into the gun? How odd.

Maybe Stan Lee did it.

Also, Parkman really needs to read some comic books or scifi or something, cause seriously.... he can read people's minds and he can't figure out how t truly exploit that power in business or- fuck he could just go play poker professionally. Professor X is not impressed.

mrblackmagic
20th February 07, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize how crazy Syler really was until last night. He heard the woman complaining about how much of a pain the ass her powers were and he still took them. It's going to bite him in the ass within the next three episodes. No, two and in the finale.

Stick
20th February 07, 02:10 PM
Yeah, it seems Syler's too greedy for his own good. He's taking powers just to take them, without regard for what effect they may have on him or how they could interact. He's gonna OD.

Buzman
20th February 07, 04:20 PM
Spike Lee was the bus driver for Hiro at the end of the show.

Ha ha ha.

Stan Lee.

Steve
20th February 07, 04:35 PM
Stan Lee.

Wow, I screwed that one up real good.

Didn't even notice my mistake when I read Die's post.

AAAhmed46
21st February 07, 01:15 AM
Did peter really need invisible man? He seems well in control already......

Steve
21st February 07, 01:18 AM
He needed him to show that he had his (or their) powers without the other people around.

That's about it tho.

AAAhmed46
21st February 07, 01:22 AM
Now im awaiting a fight scene where jessica gets owned at her own game.

And witness her reaction........

Sun Wukong
21st February 07, 01:35 AM
It's gearing up nicely with Peter swiftly becoming a match for Sylar. Should be a great fight.

Steve
21st February 07, 02:19 AM
It's gearing up nicely with Peter swiftly becoming a match for Sylar. Should be a great fight.

Now that I think about it, it will be a great fight.

Hrrmmm. Yes, interesting indeed.

They share only one power (unless there will be the ultimate pwnage having Peter have all of Sylar's powers that he had when they ran into each other at the highschool).

Peter's powers:

Flight, precognition (expressed through paintings and drawings), time manipulation, regeneration, telepathy, invisibility, and telekinesis.

Sylar's powers:

Telekinesis, eidetic memory, molecular manipulation, freezing, superhuman durability, and enhanced hearing.

This filled in a few gaps about Sylar for me:

Original power

When Sylar first meets Chandra Suresh six months prior to the series' starting point, he describes having intuitive aptitude, the ability to "know when things are broken, and how to fix them." This is the ability to see and manipulate patterns within complex systems made him an expert watchmaker, as he could discern any problems with any given watch almost instantly. Upon meeting Brian Davis and learning of his telekinetic abilities, he was able to see the genetic difference in Davis. He promised to "fix" what Davis perceived as a problem and killed him.

Acquired powers

After killing Davis, Sylar acquired his telekinetic powers. Bennet mentions that Sylar's powers are a product of using foreign DNA to alter his own, but the mechanism behind this change remains unshown in the television series. According to an interview with Heroes writer Bryan Fuller, "[Sylar] kills people and eats their brains and [...] digests their powers," but this wasn't stated in the series because it seemed "silly" and zombie-like. Bennet confirms that Sylar has gained multiple powers by mixing other people's DNA with his own.

In the six months since he acquired telekinesis, Sylar has become far more proficient than Brian Davis was when he demonstrated his abilities to Sylar. Sylar was able to fling Claire Bennet several feet horizontally into a wall with enough force to break her arm and severely lacerate her face, yet he has enough control over his power to smoothly cut open the skulls of his victims. Despite the number of powers he has at his disposal, Sylar is usually shown using telekinesis during the TV series. When tested by Bennet's associate, Hank, Sylar shows no overt signs of any power besides telekinesis.

Other powers

The freezing abilities referenced in "Don't Look Back" and Charlie Andrews' eidetic memory have been confirmed. With his freezing powers, he is able to freeze human beings solid, leaving their bodies in a very fragile, icy state. He can also create a layer of frost on flat surfaces, making them too slippery for vehicles such as cars to drive on safely. Though it didn't seem to "kick in" very fast, Charlie's superhuman memory has also prevented Sylar from forgetting information.

Sylar posesses some sort of superhuman durability. These include the ability to walk away from a fall that crippled Peter in "Homecoming", claims that Eden's gun wouldn't kill him in "Fallout", and the ability to run away after being shot by several bullets and being propelled backwards with enough force to leave a significant dent in what appeared to be a stainless steel refrigerator. In the Heroes graphic novel Road Kill his skin seems to slowly regenerate after the bullets are taken out.

More recently, Sylar has stolen Zane Taylor's power to quickly liquefy objects into pools of fluid. Both Taylor and Sylar recommended that others stand back when they use this ability. In "Unexpected", Sylar kills Dale, a woman who had superhuman hearing. Before he does so, Dale asks him why she didn't hear any footsteps, and Sylar responds with "That's because there weren't any" (alluding to being able to levitate using the telekinesis). After he acquires Dale's power, however, he cannot control it. Thus, every sound becomes much louder, and he has painful headaches just as Dale did before she learned to control it.

So he alters his DNA using his telekinesis and his ability to fix things (kinda like Niki's kid, but with organics)??? Now that's impressive.

mrblackmagic
21st February 07, 01:34 PM
I always thought Sylar used his Telekinesis to ward off damage. Silly me.

AAAhmed46
23rd February 07, 10:25 PM
So...will they milk as many seasons as they can for this series or will they end it while it can save it's dignity?

Stick
24th February 07, 06:38 AM
Uh, I was unaware it had already lost its dignity in this the first season.

Or are you meaning to say "do they have a tight 3 season story worked out that they will actually end"?

mrblackmagic
24th February 07, 10:58 AM
So...will they milk as many seasons as they can for this series or will they end it while it can save it's dignity?

They end this arc and start another one. Save dignity? Hmph. At least it's going somewhere. Lost has been on for 4 years and there "big revelations" have all been red herrings.

AAAhmed46
25th February 07, 02:27 AM
Dont get me wrong, i like heroes.

But i just dont want it's quiality lessened, simply because they wanted to make as many seasons as possible.

Stick
27th February 07, 07:58 AM
An IM conversation with The Villain following last night's episode

Os3y3ris (10:35:33 PM): man, heroes kicked a lot of ass tonight
Tenshi Risu (10:35:46 PM): indeed it did
Tenshi Risu (10:36:36 PM): I have to say, Mr. Bennet- whoever the fuck he is- is one damn good actor and Clair ain't bad either.... I almost got a little teary eyed, and if I wasn't in a gym surrounded by people I might have let one of those tears fall
Os3y3ris (10:37:04 PM): so wtf was the deal with bennet anyways? i didnt get the ending
Tenshi Risu (10:38:22 PM): he told his superiors that the Haitian ahd been wiping his memory for months and keeping Clair's abilities secret from him, on the trip to turn Clair over to his superiors he entrusted her to the Haitian's care, had him shoot him in the torso but not a major organ, and had him take the memory of the last like day or two
Os3y3ris (10:39:07 PM): so why did the haitian shoot him at that spot?
Tenshi Risu (10:40:26 PM): it wasn't an organ. Bennet set it up, he helped Clair and the Haitian escape from the organization he worked for, and the only way to do that and still save his wife and son was to make it appear that he had nothing to do with it
Os3y3ris (10:40:44 PM): no, that location
Os3y3ris (10:41:13 PM): why'd he drive him to the same bridge? just symbolism?
Tenshi Risu (10:41:48 PM): I'm guessing because it's on the way between his house and wherever the facility is, chances are wen he shot what-his-face they were going to or from the same facility
Os3y3ris (10:42:09 PM): heh
Tenshi Risu (10:42:09 PM): bridges are just a good place to ambush someone
Os3y3ris (10:42:30 PM): that makes sense i guess
Tenshi Risu (10:42:26 PM): they have no where to go but back or forward and that's sometimes difficult
Os3y3ris (10:43:17 PM): anyways, i like that they're actually moving the story at a good clip
Tenshi Risu (10:43:30 PM): yeah, it's great that this story like, well, advances
Os3y3ris (10:43:46 PM): who's bennet? now we know all the details on that. they can add a little more, but not much
Tenshi Risu (10:43:48 PM): for a while I was afraid this was gonna be like lost, be nothing but a bunch of red herrings and crap
Os3y3ris (10:44:01 PM): radioactive man's story is up and he's been blown up.
Os3y3ris (10:44:14 PM): claire is now on the run. GREAT DEVELOPMENT.
Tenshi Risu (10:44:19 PM): yup
Tenshi Risu (10:44:37 PM): and Parkman as Bennet's new partner- fucking awesome
Os3y3ris (10:44:49 PM): yeh
Os3y3ris (10:45:07 PM): why do they both smack of the 70s though
Tenshi Risu (10:45:12 PM): parkman and bennet?
Os3y3ris (10:45:20 PM): yeh
Os3y3ris (10:45:27 PM): dont they?
Tenshi Risu (10:45:41 PM): Bennet: hair, age, glasses. Parkman: overweight cop, all he's missing is the moustache
Tenshi Risu (10:46:24 PM): oh, and Parkman's wardrobe, it sucks
Os3y3ris (10:46:42 PM): thats the main element i think. jesus
Tenshi Risu (10:46:42 PM): I wouldn't be surprised if he wore a leisure suit or members only jacket
Os3y3ris (10:46:57 PM): im telling you, 70s
Tenshi Risu (10:47:05 PM): he didn't look so bad in his suit as a body guard
Os3y3ris (10:47:25 PM): lol
Tenshi Risu (10:47:46 PM): oh, and fuck niki/jessica- we've learned something for a certainty tonight; episodes where Nikki/Jess don't show up are fucking awesome
Os3y3ris (10:48:00 PM): yeh, they're annoying
Os3y3ris (10:48:12 PM): not terribly so, but enough so i dont miss themOs3y3ris (10:48:19 PM): in fact, that whole arch sucks ass
Os3y3ris (10:48:21 PM): DL?
Os3y3ris (10:48:28 PM): just for having that name...
Tenshi Risu (10:48:54 PM): I like her son, I think there's potential there if his mom is written off and he wants to like avenge her or something, but god I can't stand her attempts at acting out a multiple personality
Tenshi Risu (10:49:10 PM): yeah, both of his parents should die
Tenshi Risu (10:49:22 PM): DL's not as bad as his wife, but he's not all that great either
Os3y3ris (10:50:01 PM): the son i dont really like. he's too much an idiot and a tad too cocky
Tenshi Risu (10:50:07 PM): oh, and something I totally forgot about- we all compiled a list of Peter's powers now that we know he's... well, god. We forgot his encounter with Future Hiro; Peter can freeze time, travel through time, teleport
Os3y3ris (10:50:13 PM): how does he not realize his mother is batshit insane?
Os3y3ris (10:50:25 PM): yeh
Os3y3ris (10:50:27 PM): wow
Tenshi Risu (10:50:24 PM): he's like 10
Tenshi Risu (10:50:34 PM): but yeah, Peter is God
Os3y3ris (10:50:42 PM): dude, his mother is fucking shehulk
Os3y3ris (10:50:48 PM): its not THAT hard to see
Tenshi Risu (10:50:56 PM): yeah, but I bet she hulk could act
Os3y3ris (10:51:03 PM): for fucks sake, he watched her gun down her dad
Os3y3ris (10:51:07 PM): his dad
Tenshi Risu (10:51:28 PM): yeah, he doesn't want to admit it
Os3y3ris (10:51:47 PM): dude, c'mon, his reaction is WAY understated
Tenshi Risu (10:52:13 PM): it may also be that they didn't hit the jackpot on the child actor pot luck
Os3y3ris (10:52:29 PM): also possible
Os3y3ris (10:52:41 PM): he seems WAY nonchalant
Tenshi Risu (10:52:44 PM): yeah
Os3y3ris (10:53:38 PM): i mean, he should be horrified and rather panicked
Tenshi Risu (10:53:56 PM): all 3 should meet sylar
Tenshi Risu (10:54:30 PM): oh, and what the fuck was that in the preview, it looked like mohinder was like doing something to sylar
Os3y3ris (10:54:45 PM): dont recall
Tenshi Risu (10:55:28 PM): also, how fucked up is that that Hiro and his dad were there in Bennet's past.... that Hiro's old man is part of the plan
Os3y3ris (10:55:51 PM): yeh
Tenshi Risu (10:56:20 PM): also, is Linderman Malcom McDowell? that's what I'd heard... hmmmm runs over to imdb
Os3y3ris (10:56:56 PM): dnno
Os3y3ris (10:58:00 PM): http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22148
Tenshi Risu (10:59:51 PM): que?
Os3y3ris (11:00:03 PM): play it
Tenshi Risu (11:00:35 PM): woah, wait, what the fuck "infect airport"?!
Os3y3ris (11:00:56 PM): its a virus game
Os3y3ris (11:00:56 PM): read the instructions
Tenshi Risu (11:01:37 PM): ah ha.... it's like risk
Os3y3ris (11:07:59 PM): canada is fucked
Tenshi Risu (11:09:47 PM): ugh.... I killed 1% on my first outing
Os3y3ris (11:09:57 PM): lol
Os3y3ris (11:10:01 PM): i failed too
Tenshi Risu (11:10:02 PM): but now I get the idea
Os3y3ris (11:10:07 PM): now i have 13% dead
Os3y3ris (11:10:23 PM): fuck, immunity
Os3y3ris went idle at 11:49:46 PM.

Steve
27th February 07, 11:16 AM
Nice break down of what went on last night.

Noticed you wrote this:

Tenshi Risu (10:50:07 PM): oh, and something I totally forgot about- we all compiled a list of Peter's powers now that we know he's... well, god. We forgot his encounter with Future Hiro; Peter can freeze time, travel through time, teleport

Not to be a prick but I mentioned that one earlier:

Peter's powers:

Flight, precognition (expressed through paintings and drawings), time manipulation, regeneration, telepathy, invisibility, and telekinesis.

BTW, 7% killed on my first try without knowing what the hell I was doing. Pure luck.

mrblackmagic
27th February 07, 03:48 PM
Did Hiro's father give Claire to Bennet?

Neildo
27th February 07, 04:53 PM
Yeah.

AAAhmed46
27th February 07, 10:25 PM
Best episode so far for the series...

So anyone curious of Hiro's dad's role in the organization?

Steve
28th February 07, 12:12 AM
I am.

All I know is that he is:

Described as a man with "real power" by his underlings

I wonder what this "real power" is. Whether it is power in a head of an organization sense or if it means that he has a special power too.

Judging by Claire being born of two people that have powers, I imagine the latter is the case.

AAAhmed46
1st March 07, 01:22 AM
Now...where will Claire go? Where is she headed?

And...since the actor for Zak is going to be in the terminator series, is this a way of him staying in the story without being written out?

Neildo
5th March 07, 12:54 AM
Mr. Linderman is Doctor X? That motherfucker!

Neildo
5th March 07, 12:58 AM
NO NO NO

WORST ENDING EVER

I HATE 'TO BE CONTINUED' ARGHFUCKNOOOO!!

Stick
5th March 07, 08:16 PM
But.... but they all end on "To be continued..."

Neildo
5th March 07, 08:38 PM
Indeed, but i vaugely recall mentioning that sentiment earlier in this thread.

That was the worst cliffhanger ever. I'm pissed.

Goddamn primetime soap opera bullshit grumble grumble grumble

Steve
6th March 07, 01:07 AM
The big change that I saw possible:

Peter will live due to his exposure to Claire's power, but Sylar will now have Claire's healing power too.

AAAhmed46
6th March 07, 01:25 AM
Peter seemed to have some control over his abilities.

But why couldn't he use them agaisnt Syler?

T3hJudoChop
6th March 07, 09:36 AM
Peter seemed to have some control over his abilities.

But why couldn't he use them agaisnt Syler?

probably because he was caught off guard. i still think a showdown is gonna happen...on April motherfucking 23rd.

Arrrrgh why must I wait so long?!?

AAAhmed46
10th March 07, 02:02 AM
I hope we finally get to see the hardcore dragonball style fight i was hoping to see now.

Yiktin Voxbane
10th March 07, 11:13 AM
Having just recently started watching this, I am left with an as of yet to be answered question.... in Episode 1, when the artists agent comes in, he is smearing a painting with black paint .... do we ever find out what that painting is / was ?

Xioxou
10th March 07, 02:31 PM
Having just recently started watching this, I am left with an as of yet to be answered question.... in Episode 1, when the artists agent comes in, he is smearing a painting with black paint .... do we ever find out what that painting is / was ?
Yes, you do.

Peter will live due to his exposure to Claire's power, but Sylar will now have Claire's healing power too.Claire couldn't regenerate with the stick in her brain. I doubt Peter will lose his brain, and that seems to be where Sylar gets his power from.

AAAhmed46
10th March 07, 02:48 PM
Peter will get away.

I think syler may start actively persueing Peter.

Ouden
10th March 07, 08:56 PM
This is you guys:

http://www.myspace.com/oddballextreme

Seriously.

Steve
10th March 07, 11:12 PM
You were the one that found her MySpace page.

Ouden
11th March 07, 10:42 AM
You were the one that found her MySpace page.

Which doesn't change the fact that you guys are her.

JimmyTheHutt
11th March 07, 10:56 AM
Peter will get away.

I think syler may start actively persueing Peter.

I don't expect Sylar to live through the season. I expect the confrontation there to begin forcing the detonation we've seen so many times. And remember, Isaac still has to die. And we know that Sylar gets him.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

JimmyTheHutt
11th March 07, 10:59 AM
This is you guys:

http://www.myspace.com/oddballextreme

Seriously.

Holy shit! You mean....I'm a nerd, or a geek? I never fucking noticed. OMFG, thanks to your great observational powers, I now realize what I am! Thanks, Ouden!

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Ouden
11th March 07, 04:36 PM
Holy shit! You mean....I'm a nerd, or a geek? I never fucking noticed. OMFG, thanks to your great observational powers, I now realize what I am! Thanks, Ouden!

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

I'm here to help, help me help you.

Stick
11th April 07, 01:23 PM
Justified bump in preparation for new eps

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/98754_licking_her_friends_boob_122_5lo.jpg

Neildo
11th April 07, 02:19 PM
12 DAYS REMAINING ARGHYFUCK

JimmyTheHutt
11th April 07, 02:25 PM
12 DAYS REMAINING ARGHYFUCK

You know, I think that sums up my feelings quite accurately.

On a vaguely related note, is anyone going to dive in to Painkiller Jane?

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Yiktin Voxbane
12th April 07, 11:43 PM
Last episode in Sth. Oz showed Hiro being painted holding a sword and seemingly challenging a dinosaur .

I am a hopeless addict .....

Steve
13th April 07, 12:10 AM
New season starts soon state side!

WOOT!

Asriel
13th April 07, 07:12 AM
I'm going to be in the States when the new episode airs. What Channel is it being shown on?

mrblackmagic
13th April 07, 07:38 AM
Justified bump in preparation for new eps

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/98754_licking_her_friends_boob_122_5lo.jpg

Where?

Osiris
13th April 07, 08:09 AM
On a vaguely related note, is anyone going to dive in to Painkiller Jane?

Actually, I plan on diving away from my exploding TV in slow motion should I ever catch that crap on.

mrblackmagic
13th April 07, 08:19 AM
Actually, I plan on diving away from my exploding TV in slow motion should I ever catch that crap on.

To even further derail. Did SciFi pick up The Amazing Screw On Head?

JimmyTheHutt
13th April 07, 11:59 AM

Is that because of the source material or because of the show itself?

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Stick
13th April 07, 12:12 PM
IGN-TV rated the first episode of Painkiller Jane a 3.5 out of 10. (http://tv.ign.com/articles/779/779781p1.html)

Painkiller Jane is simply clunky. The dialogue is extremely silly, and filled with forced tough guy banter. Jane is given to make proclamations like, "You said you wanna play by the rules. It looks like they've just been broken!" McBride's team is filled with a generic group of cliché types, including the computer geek (Sean O. Roberts), who gets to say stuff like, "There's a sub-encrypted firewall, like nothing I've ever seen before. Man, these guys are good… but not good enough." In addition, there are a lot of awkward moments throughout the pilot, such as Maureen's first glimpse of Connor (Noah Danby) during the drug bust that opens the show. Okay, fine, she's attracted to him, but the way she overtly smiles and nodes to him right in the midst of a gun wielding chase is pretty laughable.

The tall and beautiful Loken, best known for Terminator 3, is a striking presence, but she's also a fairly wooden performer. While she's certainly not helped by lines like, "I called it the Emerald City, partially because it was green," Loken, who narrates the story, gives a lot of stilted line deliveries. Jane as a character also feels like a bunch of stock tough girl traits that fail to resonate. We're told that she lost her mother at a young age and learned to live with the pain (get it?) and that she's the requisite character who's not a "by the book kind of girl" and thinks "outside the box," but she fails to register as a genuine person or hero worth rooting for.

The rest of the cast is serviceable, but the entire enterprise feels like one of SCI FI Channel's silly TV movies - there was actually a Painkiller Jane SCI FI Movie a couple of years ago with a different cast -- and not up to the level of their fun series like the Stargate shows, much less something great like Battlestar Galactica. This lifelong comic book fan certainly has nothing against another series about people with super powers being on the air, but when you compare the quality of Painkiller Jane to shows like The 4400 and Heroes, it's lacking in a big way.

Osiris
13th April 07, 06:00 PM
Is that because of the source material or because of the show itself?

I don't know what the source material is. In fact, I don't have a clue what its about. Its just that the previews look god fucking awful.

Neildo
23rd April 07, 11:29 PM
I love this show.

Steve
23rd April 07, 11:33 PM
Yeah, a lot going on tonight...

Steve
24th April 07, 12:09 AM
Did they really have to use the Christ image for the painter's death?

AAAhmed46
24th April 07, 12:12 AM
So how does he save everyone?

Steve
24th April 07, 12:13 AM
There's a bomb in his head, implying Sylar will be killed.

But that doesn't seem to work, judging by the previews.

Osiris
24th April 07, 12:39 AM
I hope they go all watchmen on us. That would be awesome.

Steve
24th April 07, 12:45 AM
DUDE, totally agree.

Osiris
24th April 07, 01:41 AM
I think i wanna see Nikki, the petrellis, and lindberg in the role of the "villain" of watchmen against claires father, the cop, and the radioactive guy. Hiro would play the Manhattan role.

That would be fucking awesome.

mrblackmagic
24th April 07, 07:30 AM
Why did they set up the website to get theories? It's pretty obvious what is or potentially will happen.

Will Happen
Nathan becomes evil totatlitarian president dude
Peter runs underground resistance
All superpowered humans will be openly hunted aside from those working for the government

Possibly will happen

Nathan will betray Lederman. Ledermen will in turn fund the resistance.

Sylar will continue hunting superhumans until he is captured and forced to hunt for the government (bomb in his head)

edit.

This is getting real watchmen.

T3hJudoChop
24th April 07, 07:44 AM
this show has taken a turn for the awesome if it follows through with all the watchmanesque material.

Neildo
24th April 07, 11:32 AM
I think the original bomb boy is still the bomb. Sylar and Peter have unfinished business.

Issac's death was awesome. Good way for that character to go.

T3hJudoChop
24th April 07, 11:42 AM
So who do we think was in Linderman's SuperFriends? Mama and Papa Petrelli, Hiro's Dad...anybody else? Kinda want to know the whole story behind the split up of that group.

mrblackmagic
24th April 07, 12:41 PM
Probably Linderman or is it Lederman wanting to take over the world and the rest just wanted to get rich.

JimmyTheHutt
24th April 07, 01:02 PM
I don't know what the source material is. In fact, I don't have a clue what its about. Its just that the previews look god fucking awful.

A pretty nifty comic book. Look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_Jane). I had hopes for the series, but it looks like it is chock full of fail.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

AAAhmed46
24th April 07, 03:25 PM
Is future Hiro played by another actor?

Neildo
24th April 07, 04:19 PM
I don't think so. That's just good make-up.

Steve
24th April 07, 05:22 PM
Huh, I thought the dude that Hiro runs into in the future is the guy that the painter gave his sketch book to... Um, here:

Isaac Mendez, meanwhile, has finished the final issue of 9th Wonders! and is meeting with his usual courier to discuss the importance of getting this manuscript to the publisher and not losing it under any circumstances. When the courier asks why Isaac keeps saying this is the final issue of 9th Wonders!, Isaac does not answer, but instead asks for the courier's promise not to reveal that this will be the last issue. He also gives the courier his sketch book as a personal gift.

But then the Wiki article goes on to say that it's Hiro.

I don't know where I got that bomb in the head thing either.... I guess I should stop playing video games on my computer while trying to watch tv at the same time.

Neildo
24th April 07, 05:27 PM
I saw the courier Issac gave his stuff too. I don't think that's the same dude at all.

Steve
24th April 07, 05:43 PM
I saw the courier Issac gave his stuff too. I don't think that's the same dude at all.

I saw him too, I guess I didn't look at future Hiro enough to make out the fact that they added makeup to him. I just jumped to that conclusion.

I just wanted to point out how retarded I am, that's all. :)

Neildo
30th April 07, 10:33 PM
Future Peter is fucking awesome.

Also, this whole thing with the Linderman act reminds me of the whole Marvel civil war thing.

Neildo
30th April 07, 10:59 PM
oh fuck this is the best tv show ever. EVER.

Stick
30th April 07, 11:40 PM
This show is basically the X-Men, they should just fucking rename it for god's sake.

I mean I still love it and all, but come on!

AAAhmed46
30th April 07, 11:51 PM
This show is basically the X-Men, they should just fucking rename it for god's sake.

I mean I still love it and all, but come on!

My feelings exactly, it pretty much just is X-men.

AAAhmed46
30th April 07, 11:52 PM
AWSOME episode though........

Steve
1st May 07, 12:05 AM
That was out of control.

AAAhmed46
1st May 07, 12:23 AM
Yeah it was pretty much out of control.

mrblackmagic
1st May 07, 07:23 AM
Why did they set up the website to get theories? It's pretty obvious what is or potentially will happen.

Will Happen
Nathan becomes evil totatlitarian president dudeFail
Peter runs underground resistancePass
All superpowered humans will be openly hunted aside from those working for the governmentPass

Possibly will happen

Nathan will betray Lederman. Ledermen will in turn fund the resistance.

Sylar will continue hunting superhumans until he is captured and forced to hunt for the government (bomb in his head)Push

edit.

This is getting real watchmen.

Sylar did get a government job.

mrblackmagic
1st May 07, 07:31 AM
I love the question can Sylar be stopped. Hell, no. He's turning into the Buck Rogers of supervillians. He's a walking deus ex machina.

"What the hell??? I thought we drowned you in a drainage pipe, Sylar!!?

"Nope. I met a sewage treatment worker before I came to visit you. He said a doctor told him he had abnormally large blood cells and he could hold his breath for a very long time. It's a good power to have in his line of work."

T3hJudoChop
1st May 07, 07:56 AM
So, like, why didn't Future Hiro just travel back in time to when Sylar was a harmless watchmaker and kill him then? Or kill nuclear guy before he had a chance to be a problem?

Other than that, the episode kicked ass.

Stick
1st May 07, 08:02 AM
Sylar got a government job... In a manner of speaking.

mrblackmagic
1st May 07, 08:03 AM
Or how come Parkman didn't read Sylar's mind?

BTW, I'm pleased with Parkman's character arcs. At the beginning of the series, he was a bit of a can.

Stick
1st May 07, 08:06 AM
Parkman is turning out to be pretty damn solid. Vastly superior to, shal we say, niki/jess...... ugh.

T3hJudoChop
1st May 07, 08:55 AM
so what other decent storylines can Heroes crib from X-Men?

JimmyTheHutt
1st May 07, 09:16 AM
so what other decent storylines can Heroes crib from X-Men?

Well, can you call it cribbing when they out do just about every X-book for the last 40 years (Morrison's and Whedon's stuff being the only exceptions)?

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Stick
1st May 07, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't say that Hutt, put Heroes on the air for 40 years and try to tell me it stacks up so well.

This show can cherry pick from the best comic book story lines ever, and get away with it because the only people who notice are dorks, dorks who are too happy with the quality of the show and its ripping off to care. It's not evena year in, they've got plenty of time to fuck up, not hoping they do or anything, just saying comparing near 40 years of material by tons of different writers to not even a full season by like one guy is pretty fucking silly.

Osiris
3rd May 07, 06:36 AM
They just need to retitle the thing Watchmen Civil War. You seriously have someone blowing up new york to save the world by uniting them against the superhuman threat with otherwise reasonable heroes coming down on both sides.

Steve
7th May 07, 11:08 PM
bump. Just started watching the new episode.

Sylar seems to have a heart.

AAAhmed46
7th May 07, 11:53 PM
He calls Hiro a coward, but yet he relies exclusivly on his powers.

THEIR ALL PUSSIES!

mrblackmagic
8th May 07, 08:07 AM
Except Parkman. He shoots people.

You know what the funny thing about deja vu is? The more you try to avoid it the more you end up fufilling it. The bomb will happen because their trying to stop it. How tragic is that?

I think I solved the explosion riddle, but their are still some holes in it. Sylar gets ahold of Candice's power and makes Peter see something that triggers it. That's why Simone who is dead was there and everybody else was in their idealized clothes.

Osiris
8th May 07, 09:07 AM
I didn't like Sylars character development. As it was, he was an insane monster. Then they humanized him. IMO that was the best character. Showed he had a purpose and a mission as opposed to being a mindless killing machine. However, they didn't go so far as to make him particularly sympathetic. He was still a major asshole and a clear, irredeemable villain. To then just randomly go "ZOMG T3H EVIL!!!11" after all that is a lame cop out. Can we have a completely villainous villain without excessive evil or a lame antihero angle? Just someone with a really shitty agenda?

Neildo
8th May 07, 11:44 AM
What about Eric Roberts' character? He's pretty evil.

Stick
8th May 07, 03:17 PM
Nathan and Peter's mom needs to get smacked in the face. What a bitch.

Heh, Claire with a Colt 1911. Imagine like 2 season from now she carries like a pair of customized 1911's at the small of her back wherever she goes. Well, maybe not, that gun looked kinda big for her dainty little hands.

As for Sylar.... that was kind of fucked up. I just had a hard time believing him being all that upset with the idea that he'd kill half the city. All the stuff with his mom was actually really well done, I just, that first scene where he calls Mohinder and is all scared just didn't sit right. After he killed his own mother, I think he realized rather quickly what he'd done and it just put him right back into "fucking kill you" mode, so when he snapped at Hiro tht didn't seem out of place or anything.

Also, Hiro is a fucking pussy. It took Ando letting Hiro know that he, Hiro's best friend, would die to get Hiro to go in there, and even then with time stopped and everything he fuckign lost his nerve and let time snap back. Twit.

I don't really see how Petter can't fucking end Sylar now. Peter has the regenerative powers from Claire and Ted's ability to generate like nuclear blasts- assuming he can control it- how can he not just fry Sylar like a kitten in a microwave?

Ugh, whatever.

Stick
14th May 07, 08:40 PM
Spoiler tag for spoiled steve.

What the fuck?! Did Hiro like stop time and just spend weeks on end training swordsmanship with his father? Kensei indeed, sheeeeit.

Bennet plugging his former colleague, that was fucking awesome.

Ha, Suresh can sneak up on telepaths.

Damn, not that it's a surprise or anything, but Sylar's got Ted. Poor Ted. Poor New York.

Heh, I am posting during commercial breaks. What a dork I am!

Steve
14th May 07, 09:03 PM
GODDAMN IT! Spoiler tags, pls. Two more hours until it shows here.

Stick
14th May 07, 09:11 PM
Oh fooey on you.

God damnit the killed the better half of the nikki/DL pair >_<

Steve
14th May 07, 09:30 PM
Tank yu.

It is the season finale! Can't wait!

Stick
14th May 07, 09:32 PM
Season finale is next week.

mrblackmagic
14th May 07, 09:39 PM
So Candice is a rottie only in our minds?

Steve
14th May 07, 09:41 PM
Season finale is next week.

Is it?? Hmmm, they must have been playing the adds a bit early. The radio said it was on tonight. And I was looking forward to 2 hours of it...

Cool, another episode to watch then!

AAAhmed46
14th May 07, 10:55 PM
AH! I just spoiled the episode by reading. Why cant i control myself?

Stick
14th May 07, 11:22 PM
Because, you are like me: spoiler whore.

AAAhmed46
14th May 07, 11:47 PM
I cant help being a whore, it feels too good.

Steve
15th May 07, 12:15 AM
Heroes: Origins is an upcoming American science fiction drama television series. It is a spinoff of NBC's hit show Heroes. Heroes: Origins will introduce one new Hero per episode, and viewers will choose which Hero will join the main cast at the end of the run. The second season of Heroes and the first season of Heroes: Origins will include a total of 30 episodes.

The reason given for the spin-off was to remove the mid-season hiatus, which caused the ratings to falter when Heroes returned in Season 1. "We've got something I call the 'bulk-up challenge' for next year, which is trying to stay more consistent in our scheduling for the audience," NBC chief Kevin Reilly told reporters Monday (5/14) at a press conference announcing the network's 2007-08 schedule. "We asked ['Heroes' creator] Tim Kring to come up with an idea, and what I love is not only did we bulk up with 30 hours next season, but also a whole new idea which I think is going to take the show to the next level." While not all scheduling details have been hashed out, Reilly says, "I'll tell you one thing you won't see is 'Origins' peppered throughout, I think that would be difficult for the audience to navigate."

Linky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes:_Origins).

Um, good or bad?

Stick
15th May 07, 12:25 AM
Reality TV style viewer voting? In my one hour scripted rama?

/shoots self.

Might be fun, might be the greatest mistake in the history of mistakes.

T3hJudoChop
15th May 07, 07:37 AM
do we still need spoiler tags or can i talk about the awesomeness of all the deaths last night?

mrblackmagic
15th May 07, 08:25 AM
Speak freely.

Eh-hem. They killed Eric Roberts!!!

What's the point of voting new heroes on the show. If their name isn't Hiro, Claire, or Peter; they may as well be wearing red shirts especially if you've got any real powers.

T3hJudoChop
15th May 07, 10:05 AM
I couldnt believe how many people they killed last night. Poor Ted. I was pulling for him to find some peace. Guess he sort of got it. Anyway, I was thinking, as many characters were slaughtered, what happened to Invisible Guy and Girl who can talk through computers? I'm surprised they killed Linderman off. He made a pretty good manipulative villain of sorts. He didnt seem entirely bad, just very misguided. I still hope we hear the back story to him, the Petrellis, and Hiro's dad. Loved Bennett popping Eric Roberts in the head.

How is it that Peter heard Sylar through the thoughts of the hundreds of other people wandering around him?

mrblackmagic
15th May 07, 10:35 AM
I don't think Linderman is dead. He had a healing factor remember.

edit.

Nevermind. He got shot in the face.

Neildo
15th May 07, 01:09 PM
Loved Bennett popping Eric Roberts in the head.

"Your last thought."

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

FUCKING AWESOME.

I don't think Linderman is dead. He had a healing factor remember.

edit.

Nevermind. He got shot in the face.

I thought DL phased his fist into his brain. Either way, i don't think his healing factor works that well.

Stick
15th May 07, 04:36 PM
Linderman doesn't have a "healing factor" he can heal others, and while he may be able to heal himself to an extent I doubt he can repair the damage done when DL reached into his skul and fucking pulled out bits of brain.

They didn't show that there was necessarily anythin in DL's hand, but there was a huge gaping bloody hole in the back of Linderman's head.

Steve
15th May 07, 04:44 PM
Thought about posting this in the vid section but considering Heroes: Origins...

IWJJBwKhvp4

AAAhmed46
15th May 07, 05:06 PM
Id watch this show.

Stick
21st May 07, 09:12 PM
His name is Noah. Huh.

Steve
22nd May 07, 12:04 AM
Great episode but not 2 hours??

"The Finale is, in fact, three hours long. But in one-hour segments. Act one "The Hard Part" begins tonight. Act Two "Landslide" on the 7 th and the big third act "How to Stop an Exploding man" happens the following week."

Link. (http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/season-finale-not-to-be-2-hours-long!/topic/66185-739787/msgs.html)

Awesome.

Edit: They already aired, sneaky folks.

Neildo
22nd May 07, 12:07 AM
So there are free graphic novels available online? Or do i have to pay money for this now...

Steve
22nd May 07, 12:23 AM
They're online for free.

Here. (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_library.shtml)

Neildo
22nd May 07, 12:34 AM
why thank you sir.

Steve
22nd May 07, 12:45 AM
No problemo.

T3hJudoChop
22nd May 07, 07:16 AM
i know i'm overthinking this comic book show, but if peter survives, which i think he will, whats to stop him from going nuclear again? he still has all those radioactive powers. does he suddenly get the ability to control it because he blew up once. why would they have to kill him too? how about sedating him like claire did to sprague in the house?

that aside, the show was awesome and was that Hiro's dad we saw at the very end?

ETA: i hope they update the online comic while we wait for the new episodes.

Osiris
23rd May 07, 08:21 AM
Why didn't Nathan simply remind Peter that HE could fly? In fact, why didn't Claire just shoot him? Its not like it would KILL him.

T3hJudoChop
23rd May 07, 09:25 AM
Why didn't Nathan simply remind Peter that HE could fly? In fact, why didn't Claire just shoot him? Its not like it would KILL him.

I couldnt quite figure out why he didnt just fly either. Maybe he can only use one power at a time? Or maybe Peter's other power is to conveniently forget what other powers he has in order to make a dramatic ending possible. Sort of like how Sylar conveniently stood there and let Hiro kill him when just moments ago he stopped bullets in the air.

Yiktin Voxbane
23rd May 07, 09:38 AM
No, RTFM !! (Wink)

Contained within the rules is the following little gem .

Levelling up

As your Hero increases in levels , he will be able to Absorb any other Heroes power (NOTE!! Your Hero may only ever have access to 4 powers at any one time, regardless of how many powers he/she/it knows) . It should also be noted that some powers your Hero gains are in essence, upgrades to existing powers . We leave it to the player to work out what they are.

Matt W.
25th May 07, 06:25 PM

Ditto on both counts. For an otherwise fantastic show, those were some pretty glaring inconsistencies in what should have been the best moment of the series.

T3hJudoChop
25th September 07, 08:25 AM
Heroes new season started. Did anyone catch it? Instead of "Four Months Later", they should have called it "Did Somebody Say Legacy Virus?"

Also, was Hiro hurtling through time for the past four months?

Riddeck
25th September 07, 11:57 AM
Heroes new season started. Did anyone catch it? Instead of "Four Months Later", they should have called it "Did Somebody Say Legacy Virus?"

Also, was Hiro hurtling through time for the past four months?

I watched it. The Hiro thing...he was not hurtling through time, he has just been in 1617(?) for the past four months, since he went there at the end of the last season.

And yeah, stupid virus.

Matt W.
25th September 07, 02:43 PM
Not too bad, so far. I'm still confused about the season finale though. I'm hoping they'll explain some of the unanswered questions.

Neildo
25th September 07, 04:42 PM
how the hell did peter and nathan not die?

Stick
25th September 07, 06:36 PM
Magic?

Caught it, hell recorded it in HD on my new comp- anyone want HD screen caps? ^_^

Mr. Bennet's coffee break was fucking awesome.

Also, when I first read the spoiler about Kensei I was like "WTF is this shit", but now I'm won over- this character amuses me greatly. Interraction between Kensei and Hiro is going to be a big part of Hiro becomin more like his bad-ass future self.

Stick
26th September 07, 07:24 PM
Oh, hey, speculation time!

She killed Hiro's daddy!

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/lolKB31.jpg

Neildo
26th September 07, 08:17 PM
yeah i'd buy that. killer was small and fast.

AAAhmed46
1st October 07, 11:50 PM
Man, Peter shows more fireworks.

He's gonna get him some Irish poon.

Steve
1st October 07, 11:57 PM
The Hiro story line is pretty dope.

AAAhmed46
2nd October 07, 12:32 AM
I feel sorry for him, i doubt he gets to hit it up with that japanese princess chick.

Steve
2nd October 07, 01:33 AM
Dude, he could 'hit it up' with any girl he wanted to.

AAAhmed46
2nd October 07, 02:03 AM
So whats up with the new flyboy?

Steve
2nd October 07, 02:26 AM
when he gets a hard on he flies?

AAAhmed46
3rd October 07, 12:15 AM
DIstant relative of the patrelli's or something?

For sure he gets to hit it up with Claire, but is flying gonna be like what psychics are in Marvel? A very common power?

Steve
3rd October 07, 02:36 AM
Flying is a cliché nowadays, so it's gonna be the standard obvious sub-power.

Riddeck
3rd October 07, 02:54 PM
Magic?

Caught it, hell recorded it in HD on my new comp- anyone want HD screen caps? ^_^

Mr. Bennet's coffee break was fucking awesome.

Also, when I first read the spoiler about Kensei I was like "WTF is this shit", but now I'm won over- this character amuses me greatly. Interraction between Kensei and Hiro is going to be a big part of Hiro becomin more like his bad-ass future self.

Aye, in this Monday's episode Kensei was 'killed' but came back to life, so clearly he has some Claire type powers in him. So that storyline will run into Hiro becoming a badass. Maybe not as badass as Future Peter, but badass on a far superior level.

Which reminds me, that 5 years in the future episode was the shit. Hiro and Peter fighting together...jeese.

And I am still waiting for Hiro vs. T-Rex.

We have all seen the picture 8 )

Stick
3rd October 07, 06:13 PM
The Hiro vs. T-rex picture was shown- kind of a misslead; Hiro is in the museum after he stole the sword, he is startled, turns around and faces off against a life size model of a T-rex. Yeah, that was kind of missleading.

T3hJudoChop
12th October 07, 11:59 AM
so the black guy is dead.

heh. go figure.

AAAhmed46
12th October 07, 01:36 PM
Claires daddy is gonna die.

THough i think she's being a bit hard on the bastard, he did all that crap before becoming good and pure. So her gay looking boyfriend was tagged by her dad, it happened before hand.

Isn't it a bit...out of charecter?

Oh well whateverf

HIRO FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!

SgtDutch
12th October 07, 04:25 PM
I wonder what will happen with the whole Nathan, Claire angle. Her grandma and dad being marked for death and all. Of course the only one of those people that she liked was Peter, and she thinks that he is dead.

AAAhmed46
6th November 07, 01:31 AM
Who knows.

GO HIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

T3hJudoChop
15th November 07, 09:56 AM
Did anyone see Kring's apology for the first half of this season?

Sun Wukong
15th November 07, 11:24 AM
Did anyone see Kring's apology for the first half of this season?

Please site it, I'm extremely interested in reading it.

T3hJudoChop
15th November 07, 02:42 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

The good stuff:

THE WORLD-SAVING STAKES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED SOONER The premonition of nuclear apocalypse created a larger context that unified every story line last season. Kring now sees that Volume 2 (the first 11 episodes of season 2) would have been better served if Peter's vision of viral Armageddon had appeared in the season premiere rather than episode 7. ''We took too long to get to the big-picture story,'' he says.

THE ROOKIES DIDN'T GREET THEMSELVES PROPERLY New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) ''shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) — by weaving her in via Peter's story line — is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show.'' (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)

HIRO WAS IN JAPAN WAY TOO LONG Hiro's (Masi Oka) time-bending adventure in 17th-century Japan — where he mentored samurai hero Takezo Kensei (David Anders) — finally came to an end on Nov. 5. But Kring says it ''should have [lasted] three episodes. We didn't give the audience enough story to justify the time we allotted it.''

YOUNG LOVE STINKS Kring regrets sticking Claire (Hayden Panettiere) with a super-dud boyfriend and forcing Hiro to moon over a cutesy princess. ''I've seen more convincing romances on TV,'' he admits. ''In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us.''

Yet while Heroes has finally found some dramatic traction, this second volume is pretty much a wash. The Dec. 3 episode has been retooled to function as a potential season finale — a move inspired by the writers' strike and a desire to give the show ''a clean slate'' when it goes back into production for Volume 3. At that point, Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: ''The message is that we've heard the complaints — and we're doing something about it.''

Stick
15th November 07, 08:21 PM
Yeah, that was hilarious.

The last two eps have been good though.

Plus Elle is workign out. Now all she has to do is kill the Wonder Twins.

boondock lee
6th December 07, 12:45 AM
Did you guys catch the season finale? Pretty fucking sweet..............not to mention the fact that sylar will have his powers back in season 3! although I read somewhere that he was leaving the show to make the new Star Trek movie.

Steve
6th December 07, 03:13 AM
FYI, that was just the finale for the first half of Season 2. Still a bunch left in this season to go.

Plasma
6th December 07, 05:45 AM
Now Adam can't die from lack of oxygen or food? Therefore what Hiro did was really fucking creepy.

hmmmmm I think I like him again.

Osiris
6th December 07, 09:38 AM
If you've never read a comic book, yes. If you have, you know he'll be just fine and be back.

boondock lee
6th December 07, 01:38 PM
FYI, that was just the finale for the first half of Season 2. Still a bunch left in this season to go. Ahh, I think I read something about that, they were going to split season 2 up due to the writers strike. I thought that they would just label the second half of the season as the third season.....
LOL, Adam Monroe got HIR-OWNed!

Steve
6th December 07, 02:00 PM
Ahh, I think I read something about that, they were going to split season 2 up due to the writers strike. I thought that they would just label the second half of the season as the third season.....
LOL, Adam Monroe got HIR-OWNed!

I don't think that it's due to the writers strike. They had a break during the first season as well.

Neildo
7th December 07, 05:41 AM
If you've never read a comic book, yes. If you have, you know he'll be just fine and be back.

no doubt. volume 3 is called Villains, plural. Hiro fucked up, should have just killed Adam. he's gonna be pissed now.

Letum
7th December 07, 06:50 PM
Is there anywhere to watch these online?

Osiris
7th December 07, 11:26 PM
torrents dude. but i think nbc may show them still

AAAhmed46
11th December 07, 01:56 AM
So...pridictions for season 3?

I know Sylers going to be up to his old antics.

Though this time, i see him MAYBE lashing out against the company.

Or the company vs Parkman/peter will keep everyone distracted while syler does something really really bad.

Sun Wukong
11th December 07, 05:18 AM
I think they're spending too much time with sylar, the villain pool needs to be a little deeper than just sylar, adam and the company. It's about time we saw a good anti-hero on this show.

EuropIan
11th December 07, 08:00 AM
I think they're spending too much time with sylar, the villain pool needs to be a little deeper than just sylar, adam and the company. It's about time we saw a good anti-hero on this show.

Parkman? His power is too easy to abuse.

Riddeck
11th December 07, 10:45 AM
Parkman? His power is too easy to abuse.

He may be tempted, but ultimately, his character make-up (he is a cop, hates his father) will prevent him from doing so.

The company, could, 'create' more villains for the show, people they have known about, maybe not with the history of one Adam Monroe, but dangerous nonetheless.

Not to mention while Peter exists as he does, Sylar almost has to exist. He is the anti-hero.

Steve
11th December 07, 01:50 PM
Is there anywhere to watch these online?

torrents dude. but i think nbc may show them still

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/ScreenHunter_03Dec111047.gif

Couldn't resist posting it.

EuropIan
11th December 07, 02:15 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/ScreenHunter_03Dec111047.gif

Couldn't resist posting it.

That is available only to people with US ip adresses.

c.f. MY problems with watching Journeyman.

(Letum lives in the UK)

Steve
11th December 07, 03:04 PM
Way to ruin my fun. And here I thought that Google just searched web pages for key words... Sneaky.

Sun Wukong
11th December 07, 03:39 PM
Not to mention while Peter exists as he does, Sylar almost has to exist. He is the anti-hero.

Definition of anti-hero: A main character (read, protagonist, would be hero in this case) in a dramatic or narrative work who is characterized by a lack of traditional heroic qualities, such as idealism or courage. Examples: Punisher, wolverine, deadpool, the Hulk. The non-conventional, hero by default in the comic book world.

Sylar isn't an anti-hero because he's one of the central antagonists. He's evil, and the story doesn't revolve around him so much as it revolves around the good guys.

Sun Wukong
11th December 07, 03:40 PM
That is available only to people with US ip adresses.

c.f. MY problems with watching Journeyman.

(Letum lives in the UK)

Get uTorrent and Hit up EZTV.com

EuropIan
11th December 07, 04:01 PM
Get uTorrent and Hit up EZTV.com
That's ok, I use alluc.org

T3hJudoChop
11th December 07, 04:29 PM
My prediction for Volume 3 is to give up on this show. It seems the only way for anything to happen on this show is for everyone to get a case of the stupids. Claire became a neverending source of frustration for me this season. Peter is way overpowered and should be dead because he is way too dumb. Blah.

Riddeck
12th December 07, 05:58 AM
Definition of anti-hero: A main character (read, protagonist, would be hero in this case) in a dramatic or narrative work who is characterized by a lack of traditional heroic qualities, such as idealism or courage. Examples: Punisher, wolverine, deadpool, the Hulk. The non-conventional, hero by default in the comic book world.

Sylar isn't an anti-hero because he's one of the central antagonists. He's evil, and the story doesn't revolve around him so much as it revolves around the good guys.

Maybe anti hero is not the title for him. Maybe he is Peter's juxtaposition, Peter is good, and in reflection gets abilities without action. Sylar, just the same, except he has to kill, i.e. be evil.

Good vs. Evil?

The story revolves around this balance, among other things.

Neildo
12th December 07, 06:09 AM
i'd like to argue the 'peter is over-powered' comment for a second. he has access to lots of badass powers, but so far is too dumb and/or untrained to use them to their potential. shit, the guy could be flying around taking gunfire and laughing about it while throwing nuclear chi-balls at people after electrocuting them but no he's a wuss.

Osiris
13th December 07, 11:19 AM
Him and Hiro both need to grow some balls. Two baddest motherfuckers on the show and they act like bitches.

JimmyTheHutt
13th December 07, 11:58 AM
Him and Hiro both need to grow some balls. Two baddest motherfuckers on the show and they act like bitches.

I absolutely agree. My favorite character (and the one who shot Nathan IMHO) is Noah Bennett, who is completely unpowered. So far, he's been much more interesting than anyone else.

They need to bring back Claude.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Riddeck
13th December 07, 02:37 PM

First season, 5 years into the future episode. Peter is banging Nikki, and Hiro has a ponytail.

They are badass at somepoint.

Letum
13th December 07, 03:49 PM
I absolutely agree. My favorite character (and the one who shot Nathan IMHO) is Noah Bennett, who is completely unpowered. So far, he's been much more interesting than anyone else.

They need to bring back Claude.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

It was completely badass the way in which he gave us his first name, in the season one finale. Just the way he turned and was like "Noah"

BTW Briton here, so I've yet to see season two. :( Torrents are getting more tempting each day..

T3hJudoChop
14th December 07, 01:20 PM
It was completely badass the way in which he gave us his first name, in the season one finale. Just the way he turned and was like "Noah"

BTW Briton here, so I've yet to see season two. :( Torrents are getting more tempting each day..

save yourself the frustration.

Neildo
4th February 08, 02:40 AM
when is this shit back on the air?

boondock lee
7th February 08, 12:19 AM
it is expected to come back this fall.............