PDA

View Full Version : Space Balls: the Animated Series- more money has been found!

Stick
21st September 06, 01:31 PM
There was vague news last year of a sequel/prequel to Spaceballs in the works, but no news developed other than the announcement. Now it seems like they've got a better idea of what they're going to do. (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/21/television.brooks.reut/index.html)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Mel Brooks is developing an animated TV series based on his comedy feature "Spaceballs."

Like the 1987 movie, which parodied well-known science-fiction movies, "Spaceballs: The Animated Series" will spoof current blockbusters as well as every genre of entertainment from movies and reality TV to culture and politics.

It is set to debut on cable network G4 in fall 2007. Production has already started on an initial batch of 13 episodes.

Brooks, who will voice two characters in the show, co-wrote the pilot with longtime collaborator Thomas Meehan, who will oversee all writing for the series.

I for one welcome the return of our new overlord, President Screw.

But honestly, G4 TV? How many people even get that channel? Perhaps Mel Brooks gets Morgan Web as some sort of packaged part of the deal, I don't know; I honestly didn't think G4 had the sort of money required for something like this.

I hope Rick Moranis gets in on it too.

Steve
21st September 06, 01:53 PM
I get G4.

Yay, for me.

Seriously, animated Space Balls? On any channel, that would rock.

AAAhmed46
21st September 06, 03:06 PM
I like space balls.

But i hope these guys dont fuck up a great parody.

Shawarma
21st September 06, 05:50 PM
It will bomb. Comes 20 years too late.

Steve
22nd September 06, 02:13 AM
It will bomb. Comes 20 years too late.

Possibly.

I agree tho, they should of done it Ghostbusters style, put the cartoon out while the public was still talking about it.

Fortunately and if anything, the few of us that really appreciate it will at least get a couple episodes.

AAAhmed46
22nd September 06, 02:38 AM
Well said SFE

Gosai
25th September 06, 09:07 AM
Woohoo! A spaceballs cartoon! A good movie, i'll at least check out the cartoon. And lucky me, I get G4!

Now to re-steal Druidia's atmosphere!

Bluto Blutarsky
25th September 06, 12:57 PM
I ordered spaceballs the flame thrower way back in the 80's.

I never recieved it.