PDA

View Full Version : The training of the American al Qaeda is underway...

ThaiBoxerShorts
17th September 06, 10:01 PM
"Jesus Camp" trailer (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/)

Scary, scary stuff. These children are being brainwashed into thinking they're "God's army," and cheerfully -- perhaps even eagerly -- say they'll lay down their lives for Jesus.

Yes, I know that this is representative of only the most radical of evangelical Christians, and that almost all mainline Christians would be disgusted and horrified as I am. But there are many who deny that a theocratic movement exists in this country. It most certainly does.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6RNfL6IVWCE

ICY
17th September 06, 10:47 PM
Not new, at all...furthermore, America's Al Qaeda is America's military.

WarPhalange
18th September 06, 12:09 AM
You've got it wrong. We're breeding freedom fighters.

Steve
18th September 06, 12:44 AM
You've got it wrong. We're breeding freedom fighters.

That eat freedom fries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries).

WarPhalange
18th September 06, 01:15 AM
French's Mustard made a statement saying they are named after a family name and are patriotic? Please...

Canada, will you accept me as one of your own if I bring you a virgin sacrafice?

My dream has been to go to grad school at Caltech or MIT or something. But, I think I should just look to study abroad...

Steve
18th September 06, 01:23 AM
French's Mustard made a statement saying they are named after a family name and are patriotic? Please...

Canada, will you accept me as one of your own if I bring you a virgin sacrafice?

My dream has been to go to grad school at Caltech or MIT or something. But, I think I should just look to study abroad...

My youngest stepbrother went to Caltech.

If only they still had the open prank policy (as long as you don't hurt anybody, anything goes). I loved going with him (older than me, took me to see T2 in the theater) and teaching me to pick locks. We broke into Caltech and he let me loose on their comic vault.

That's where I found Akira.

WarPhalange
18th September 06, 01:28 AM
Sounds like an awesome guy. I have the burden of being the older brother, so I guess I should start doing stuff for my younger brother.

Umm... except that he's already cooler than me. -_-;;

Steve
18th September 06, 01:39 AM
Sounds like an awesome guy. I have the burden of being the older brother, so I guess I should start doing stuff for my younger brother.

Umm... except that he's already cooler than me. -_-;;

Single children rule!

Sad face, cause I'm one of them.

Sun Wukong
18th September 06, 02:44 AM
"Jesus Camp" trailer (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/)

Scary, scary stuff. These children are being brainwashed into thinking they're "God's army," and cheerfully -- perhaps even eagerly -- say they'll lay down their lives for Jesus.

Yes, I know that this is representative of only the most radical of evangelical Christians, and that almost all mainline Christians would be disgusted and horrified as I am. But there are many who deny that a theocratic movement exists in this country. It most certainly does.

I'm actually really glad this was posted. I was once a congregant of Lakewood church. Yes, they savagely fuck with children's heads there. Yes, those kids are being forcefed a malevolent diet of anti-thought. Ironically, I lost all faith in doG after going there.

I'd rather my kids be rolled in broken glass than to put that kind of mind trip on them.

Sad point: NO, mainline Christians won't be disgusted by these people if they went to the church. This is exactly the same message that most christians pummel their children with. Churches across the world drive this kind of non-sensical tripe into their congregants; remember the crusades? Well this is just more of the same. As soon as one religion get's militant, the rest fall down like dominoes doing exactly the same thing.

AAAhmed46
18th September 06, 02:52 AM
THis is why i live in a secular society.

Greese
18th September 06, 03:43 AM
I went and saw this the other day...very wierd...half the audience seemed to think it was a good time...the rest of us were staring in abject horror.

ICY
18th September 06, 05:03 AM
I think there are plenty of reasonable Christians, and by reasonable, I mean wimpy and pacifist to the point they'd never do anything to anyone, but they still believe in ridiculous fantasies. Then there are the ones who love everybody, but are fucking annoying. THEN there are the very rare ones that are only reasonably pacifist and love everybody, but aren't fucking annoying...it's almost oxymoronic, but it is possible.

Shawarma
18th September 06, 08:02 AM
The fact that they will lay down their life for Jeebus doesn't worry me. What worries me is that they will all have a shitload of kids, vote for only the most inbred good ol'e boys running for office and oppose science. These people are the future.

Bukow
18th September 06, 09:09 AM
The fact that they will lay down their life for Jeebus doesn't worry me. What worries me is that they will all have a shitload of kids, vote for only the most inbred good ol'e boys running for office and oppose science. These people are the future.

Amen!

Er... oops.

I agree. The Bell Curve at work. That old "United States of Canada" just north of "Jesusland" map would make me laugh a little easier were it not so dead-on.

Greese
18th September 06, 12:36 PM
I actually doubt it. The problem with going really extreme in a message is that it doesn't have sticking power unless everyone is in on it.

In the movie they talk about Harry Potter and how he is evil and how he would have been put to death in Jesus time (which, as my date said "Yeah, but so was Jesus.")

However, the kids were all talking about the books and movies...so they leaders are telling the kids one things and they kids go against it and make up their own mind that Harry Potter is OK.

I hope this leads to a religous backlash and I bet it will if we fight it now.

Stick
18th September 06, 01:07 PM
Someone's gonna launch a crusade against Rowling (http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles/Harry&Witchcraft.htm)

I want to see this movie, it seems fascinating. Honestly I don't think most Christians would be offended or disturbed by what they see in this documentary while anyone who isn't is probably going to be shaking their head in disbelief by the end.

AAAhmed46
18th September 06, 02:42 PM
Amen!

Er... oops.

I agree. The Bell Curve at work. That old "United States of Canada" just north of "Jesusland" map would make me laugh a little easier were it not so dead-on.

One thing i dont get, right wing religious grops(all three abrahamic faiths) are terrrified of secular governments, they hate it.

Why? It wont kill the religion or anything.

Stick
18th September 06, 02:56 PM
All three religions are supposed to be the law of the land and do not sit well with the idea that they have no business in government- for thousands of years they did.

Bukow
18th September 06, 03:02 PM
Speaking of the anti-Rowling brigade:

I did a jail visit the other day, to speak with an inmate about his case. While I was waiting for the guards to procure my client, I looked upon a bunch of inmates in a large room. They were listening to this old, fire-and-damnation preacher who was straight out of another era. Oily, comb-overed gray hair, thick black glasses that ran at least an inch deep, clad in a bright red blazer, he was all the Lord's business. I could hear his oratory clearly, and he was castigating modern America's embracing of witchcraft.

"Harry Potter... all these things, all these things today... witchcraft is gaining ascendancy... its popularity in America is rising... today... If you want to know what's going to happen, you stay away from that Ouija board... you don't need to consult that Ouija board! You get on your knees and ask God for advice! Amen!" Then he paged through his bible and recited some arcane passage that implicated witchcraft along with a whole host of other evils.

I looked at the crowd receiving his speech. Some had their eyes closed, sleeping. Many of them turned and stared at me, so bored that any visitor not dressed in orange elicited some kind of strange fascination. But their ragged, sorry faces told me that witchcraft was not high on their lists of sins.

WarPhalange
18th September 06, 03:08 PM
"So... what are you burning in Hell for?"

"I murdered an entire family... you?"

"I tried some witchcraft."

AAAhmed46
18th September 06, 03:11 PM
Harry potter sucks anyway.

Song of Ice and Fire got damn it!

NOw thats the way to go!

Stick
18th September 06, 03:17 PM
Speaking of the anti-Rowling brigade:

I did a jail visit the other day, to speak with an inmate about his case. While I was waiting for the guards to procure my client, I looked upon a bunch of inmates in a large room. They were listening to this old, fire-and-damnation preacher who was straight out of another era. Oily, comb-overed gray hair, thick black glasses that ran at least an inch deep, clad in a bright red blazer, he was all the Lord's business. I could hear his oratory clearly, and he was castigating modern America's embracing of witchcraft.

[snipped for not important]

I looked at the crowd receiving his speech. Some had their eyes closed, sleeping. Many of them turned and stared at me, so bored that any visitor not dressed in orange elicited some kind of strange fascination. But their ragged, sorry faces told me that witchcraft was not high on their lists of sins.

For some reason this makes me sad.

AAAhmed46
18th September 06, 03:59 PM
Why pick on potter?

I mean there are so many books that have magic and mages and all sorts of dickery.

Osiris
18th September 06, 04:02 PM
But the people that read those tend to kill themselves and/or remain in seclusion, making it a moot point.

WarPhalange
18th September 06, 04:04 PM
Because it's popular with the kids. LotR is for slightly older kids, and is set in a different place. Narnia is fucking retarded to begin with. But Harry Potter is set in England and is written for 30 year old kids.

Also, the wands represent pen0rs.

AAAhmed46
18th September 06, 04:08 PM
Also, the wands represent pen0rs.

Damn you for putting that image in my head.

DAMN YOU I SAY!!!!

ICY
18th September 06, 07:27 PM
One thing i dont get, right wing religious grops(all three abrahamic faiths) are terrrified of secular governments, they hate it.

Why? It wont kill the religion or anything.

Because...secular governments do that sometimes. Also, they don't want freedom of religion, they want freedom FROM secularism.

DAYoung
18th September 06, 07:32 PM
Because...secular governments do that sometimes. Also, they don't want freedom of religion, they want freedom FROM secularism.

I suspect they're narcissistic personalities. The definition of narcissism (contrary to what we might think) is someone who looks outside of themselves for their identity.

I reckon most religious nuts have no well-developed self-identity - instead, they define themselves as other-than-X, where 'X' usually means secular, liberal, enlightenment, Western, and so on. There is a long history of this, particularly in oppressed, marginal or conquered peoples (e.g. colonial India, Black America).

It's not just that they're scared of the West - they need their hate to be what they are.

ICY
18th September 06, 09:18 PM
You're right, IMO, considering my own personal experience.