PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 4. WTF?

Steve
11th September 06, 11:19 PM
Give it a rest already!!!

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/art_terminator4.html

Anyway, it seems that director Jonathan Mostow who directed Terminator 3 has set aside some time in his schedule to direct this fourth installment. It doesn’t seem as if director James Cameron who directed and wrote the first two brilliant Terminator movies would be involved in any way . . . and neither are the two young stars of Terminator 3 either: Claire Danes and Nick Stahl haven’t been signed on?

And Arnie? Apparently they’re in discussions for him to appear in a small role in the upcoming movie. Can anyone else be the Terminator? Who knows? The Rock said he could be . . . and say what you will at least The Rock won’t be getting pensioner’s discount on the buses anytime soon . . .

The plot? Apparently the already finished script by John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris (who both did Terminator 3) skips ahead several years into the future from the ending of Terminator 3 and features a much older John Connor leading the rebellion of humans against the machines.

Now this (http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1869812,00.html) is something that would be cool.

Hobbits for the win!

Mr. Jones
11th September 06, 11:24 PM
I was very disapointed in Terminator 3 because the plot made no fucking sense. Judgement Day didn't happen. No way Terminator 3 is fucking Canon.

Mr. Jones
11th September 06, 11:25 PM
Is anyone else geeky enough to remember what they did on Judgement day? I remember I rode my bike around the neighborhood and said wow today's the date in Terminator.

Neildo
11th September 06, 11:27 PM
Nick Stahl actually managed to be whinier than Edward Furlong.

John Conner needs to be a BMF.

Steve
11th September 06, 11:29 PM
Judgement Day didn't happen.

Huh?

No way Terminator 3 is fucking Canon.

Err?

Is anyone else geeky enough to remember what they did on Judgement day? I remember I rode my bike around the neighborhood and said wow today's the date in Terminator.

Okay, you saved yourself a bit. I'm glad that you can seperate movies from reality.

Still, Err?

ICY
11th September 06, 11:31 PM
I didn't like the 3rd one, in comparison to the first 2, but just as an action movie, it was OK, and it was Arnie, so it was awesome, regardless of anything else.

I'm all for a fourth one...it can't get any worse, and there's a slim possibility it could be better. The Hobbit would probably be far better though.

Mr. Jones
11th September 06, 11:32 PM
Terminator 3 is not canon because the script was so too shitty to explain why Judgement day wasn't prevented in Terminator 2.

Steve
11th September 06, 11:32 PM
Nick Stahl actually managed to be whinier than Edward Furlong.

I know!

John Conner needs to be a BMF.

We have this to go by:

http://img.waffleimages.com/img/c5d5d2d4517d38046ce26465e0f45c7fea7c126f/connorfuture1.jpg

The film better go into how he lost his pretty boy looks.

Steve
11th September 06, 11:35 PM
Terminator 3 is not canon because the script was so too shitty to explain why Judgement day wasn't prevented in Terminator 2.

Urban Dictionary ftw.

I get what you're saying now, and agree.

*slinks away, cause not in touch with the youth anymore*

ICY
11th September 06, 11:36 PM

It was delayed...and man, it's time travelling bullshit anyway, the second one already made no sense.

Steve
11th September 06, 11:38 PM
I didn't like the 3rd one, in comparison to the first 2, but just as an action movie, it was OK, and it was Arnie, so it was awesome, regardless of anything else.

I'm all for a fourth one...it can't get any worse, and there's a slim possibility it could be better. The Hobbit would probably be far better though.

Yeah, that's the camp that I'm in too.

I would prolly see T4 in the theater (matinee, but still, let it RIP) but I'm more for Peter Jackson doing The Hobbit.

ThaiBoxerShorts
11th September 06, 11:39 PM
I could see Vin Diesel as a terminator. Not the Terminator, but a Terminator.

No one else comes to mind. Definitely not The Rock. He looks, I dunno, too emotional. I don't think he could hide his humanity enough to do the emotionless robot act.

Of course, any post-T3 movie would have to take place entirely after Judgment Day, which has the at least the potential to be fucking awesome. The post-apocalyptic scenes were some of the coolest moments in the first two movies.

Mr. Jones
11th September 06, 11:45 PM
Yes and the Terminator 2 Arcade game is pretty sweet too because of that.

Steve
11th September 06, 11:46 PM
I could see Vin Diesel as a terminator. Not the Terminator, but a Terminator.

No one else comes to mind. Definitely not The Rock. He looks, I dunno, too emotional. I don't think he could hide his humanity enough to do the emotionless robot act.

It's the eyebrow, isn't it?

http://img.waffleimages.com/img/0f6ccd33f4a21bd05ae1fe383bba3210e2ea73f0/29.jpg

Of course, any post-T3 movie would have to take place entirely after Judgment Day, which has the at least the potential to be fucking awesome. The post-apocalyptic scenes were some of the coolest moments in the first two movies.

Seeing the humans win would be interesting, if they're going for an ending to the franchise, that is.

Energiser
11th September 06, 11:46 PM
Peter Jackson directing "The Hobbit"?

Fuck yes!

The hobbit is a far more interesting story than LOTR. WANT TO SEE NOW KTHX.

Osiris
11th September 06, 11:53 PM
You used urban dictionary to look up "canon"? LOL

ThaiBoxerShorts
11th September 06, 11:54 PM
It's a big gun that shoots exploding balls. Everybody knows that.

Steve
11th September 06, 11:59 PM
You used urban dictionary to look up "canon"? LOL

It's a big gun that shoots exploding balls. Everybody knows that.

Yes.

I'm familiar with canon when used in literary terms, not so much with movies.

But here is the customary F-you, to you both.

Neildo
12th September 06, 01:00 AM
I want to see the humans lose in T4. That woud be cool.

Favorite part of T3 was when they had just picked up Claire Danes character and they were driving away in the truck. The bit with his head battery or whatever, and some of the dialouge.

Wasn't a big fan of the terminator chick though. Obviously they had to try and top the coolness of the T-1000, but it was just too lame. Especially the flamethrower.
I mean, where does she keep the gas....oh....haha nevermind.

WarPhalange
12th September 06, 02:24 AM
The best part in T3 was when the guy from T1 shat himself when he saw Arnie. That's it.

WarPhalange
12th September 06, 02:26 AM
It was delayed...and man, it's time travelling bullshit anyway, the second one already made no sense.

But the second one had style. It was like Highlander. 80% style, no real substance.

Shawarma
12th September 06, 07:14 AM
Terminator = Highly overrated.

Predator = TOTALLY underrated.

WarPhalange
12th September 06, 11:45 AM
The first 2 weren't highly over rated. Predator is good, but for a creature that relies on infrared vision to survive, he really sucks at it.

Shawarma
12th September 06, 11:55 AM
The Predator dies in both movies, not because he's a sucky fighter, but because he feels like he has to give his prey a sporting chance and then tries to go toe-to-toe with the hero, expecting that the hero will fight honourably as well. Arnie caught him with a trap and Glover lucked out when the Predator dropped his deadly frisbee-thing.

Also, Predators have multiple vision modes in their mask, as can be seen in the 2nd movie.

Buzman
12th September 06, 01:46 PM
The Predator dies in both movies, not because he's a sucky fighter, but because he feels like he has to give his prey a sporting chance and then tries to go toe-to-toe with the hero, expecting that the hero will fight honourably as well. Arnie caught him with a trap and Glover lucked out when the Predator dropped his deadly frisbee-thing.

That doesn't make Arnie and Danny dishonorable. The predator is naturally way stronger and has better senses and shit. They had to use what they could to offset the predators advantages. Plus Danny didn't get "lucked out". He purposely let go of the disc of death to try and blow his bomb of last resort thing. The predator then ran away like a pussy and Danny G. hunted his punk ass down. Hunter becomes the hunted.

Osiris
12th September 06, 01:53 PM
Terminator = Highly overrated.

Predator = TOTALLY underrated.

No. Terminator 1 and 2 are some of the best action movies ever made. Doubt it? Go to the theater today and watch the barrage of suck.

As far as Predator goes, its considered among the best of 80s scifi action. How is it underrated?

Truculent Sheep
12th September 06, 03:54 PM

Very true. It's a travesty on a par with Hicks and Newt getting killed off at the start of Alien 3...

Truculent Sheep
12th September 06, 03:57 PM
That doesn't make Arnie and Danny dishonorable. The predator is naturally way stronger and has better senses and shit. They had to use what they could to offset the predators advantages. Plus Danny didn't get "lucked out". He purposely let go of the disc of death to try and blow his bomb of last resort thing. The predator then ran away like a pussy and Danny G. hunted his punk ass down. Hunter becomes the hunted.

Plus, and seeing the Predator is basically Grendel from Beowulf with nobs on, it makes the heroes even more heroic if they (barely) triumph against insurmountable odds. (And a 7' alien death machine with a shoulder-mounted Plasma caster.)

It's a shame there aren't more Pred films. Maybe it just didn't seem right after Kevin Peter Hall died, as if to pass the role on would be sacriligeous.

Osiris
12th September 06, 05:07 PM
There was just a pred film a few years ago. Disaster.

Steve
12th September 06, 05:09 PM
The obvious solution is a Preditor vs Terminator movie.

That would end this debate once and for all.

JimmyTheHutt
12th September 06, 05:09 PM
Very true. It's a travesty on a par with Hicks and Newt getting killed off at the start of Alien 3...

God, yes. Although, I liked the rest of the film. Suprisingly, I also enjoyed Alien: Resurrection.

But then, I am just a complete nerd like that.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Dark Helmet
12th September 06, 05:11 PM
Can someone help me with this thing that's been nagging me since I saw that film?

In the second Predator.Glover is given an old musket gun dated if I remember late 18th century.How did the Predator come by that weapon.Could he be as old as 200 years or could the Predator had gone back in time?

I'm totally serious with this question and I'm not high.

Osiris
12th September 06, 05:14 PM
Are you retarded? They took it as a trophy back then and kept the thing. Wasn't necessarily HIS trophy, but one they'd acquired.

Antiques Roadshow must be awesome for you.

ICY
12th September 06, 05:20 PM
[email protected] Travelling Roadshow

Gosai
12th September 06, 05:32 PM
Predator did kick ass. I've even got a Predator comic book which shows there was one in the trenches at WWI.

As for T4, the ONLY way I would watch it is if it concluded the franchise FOREVER. Preferably with the machines winning. And yeah, they said that destroying the components of the Terminator that was supposed to kill Sarah would stop Skynet from existing in the future (meaning Skynet itself was something of a self fulfilling prophecy)

Mr. Jones
12th September 06, 06:29 PM
Alien 4 should have never existed. Think about that.

Keith
12th September 06, 06:43 PM
Alien 4 would have been a much better movie if they had followed the comic book plot and made the earth an alien infested hell hole. Really this route should have been taken with Alien 3, because Sigourney Weaver (I'm just as shocked as you that I spelled the right the first time) could once again dish out the alien ass-whoopins. Maternal instinct ftw.

Truculent Sheep
12th September 06, 07:05 PM
There was just a pred film a few years ago. Disaster.

That didn't count - it was shit beyond words. Why they didn't try to adapt the excellent Dark Horse Aliens Vs. Predator series from 1990 is anyone's guess.

WarPhalange
12th September 06, 07:23 PM
Or the video games. Those were pretty good, too.

They also had the chest exploders come out within like 10 minutes, whereas in the first Alien movie they took like a day or something.

AAAhmed46
12th September 06, 11:31 PM
Im not happy off at this because in the second movie there was this whole message of how the Terminator got rid of his READ ME mode and learned and lived like a human.

They didnt have any 'change' happen to the terminator.

Plus the action and 'feel' was way more badass in 2.

WarPhalange
12th September 06, 11:54 PM
Oh God, I just remembered the whole "OH SHIT, I GOTS THE ROBOT CONSTIPATION!! DO I HELP SOME RANDOM KID, OR DO I DO WHAT I WAS PROGRAMMED TO DO AND BY DEFINITION CANNOT GO AGAINST IT??"

Shawarma
13th September 06, 07:04 AM
Or the video games. Those were pretty good, too.

They also had the chest exploders come out within like 10 minutes, whereas in the first Alien movie they took like a day or something.

The bit in Aliens 2 where you had to chew your way out of a marine's chest as a chestburster was one of the coolest moments in nerdery, ever. Too bad the rest of the game was pretty meh.

Osiris
13th September 06, 08:02 AM
Did you guys WATCH Terminator 2? There was no moral dilema there. He was PROGRAMMED to help the kid and only did as he was ordered.

The bit in Aliens 2 where you had to chew your way out of a marine's chest as a chestburster was one of the coolest moments in nerdery, ever. Too bad the rest of the game was pretty meh.

Play AvP2. You can set multiplayer games to where you start as a face hugger, run around as a chest burster until you mature and then develop into an alien, then a queen, depending on your species.

Gosai
13th September 06, 08:41 AM
Yeah, if I recall in Terminator 2 he was reprogrammed and sent back in time to protect young John Connar from the T-1000.

One of my favorite movies from my youth.

Bluto Blutarsky
13th September 06, 10:15 AM

didn't need to. maybe it was making a statement that fate is inevitable, but if so then it was shitty because it didn't state that.

Or maybe because mankind invented the machines on thier own without the need for the chip the first time otherwise there wouldnt' be any terminators to send back in time and create one of the greatest movies ever, followed by two of the worst sequels ever.

Osiris
13th September 06, 10:52 AM
T2 was one of the worst sequels ever? WHAT?

WarPhalange
13th September 06, 12:05 PM
I meant T3 Os. The Fembot ejaculated a new program into his brain, and for some reason he wanted to go against it, but ended up with a giant brain fart.

I have no issues with T2. It truly is one of the greatest action movies in history.

Osiris
13th September 06, 12:17 PM
I meant T3 Os. The Fembot ejaculated a new program into his brain, and for some reason he wanted to go against it, but ended up with a giant brain fart.

Sorry, been trying to forget that debacle.

WarPhalange
13th September 06, 12:28 PM
She could also control mechanical vehicles. I mean yeah, cars have onboard computers... but they don't let you steer the damn thing...

Iscariot
13th September 06, 12:51 PM
So, to recap, we're discussing the three big Sci-Fi franchises that were active in the 90s.

The Alien franchise has a much better execution than the Predator franchise, but the concept of the Predator franchise is better than the Alien one. The AvP movie was complete arse and should be put in the same room as Star Trek 5 and sealed away for all time.

On the Terminator versus Predator question, didn't they already do something like that in comic book form? Or Terminator versus Alien?

I do remember seeing a kick ass trailer for Alien versus Predator in Gotham City that was done as a Film School piece. That rocked greatly.

As far as I and everyone else with half a brain is concerned, T3 never happened in the Terminator continuity, fucking Mostow, there are chimps who could direct a better film. Makes you wonder what Boll's films would look like if he had the same budget......I'm guessing identical!

Arguing over the validity of events in T2 is always fun, especially when you start to argue over the precedence of paradox, always fun. I think I wrote on essay on it once, making a case that even after the events of T2, Judgement Day would happen, and Connor sent the Terminators back himself.

AAAhmed46
13th September 06, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=The Villain]Did you guys WATCH Terminator 2? There was no moral dilema there. He was PROGRAMMED to help the kid and only did as he was ordered.

Remember how he was set on README mode?

And then they took the chip out of his head and they made sure he could learn better by switching something on?

Apprently SKYNET did not want them doing too much independent introspective thinking so he sent them out on README, so they were like the TERMINATORS in the first movie and the way T-1000 and TX were like. Apprently FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND(i could be wrong) that they can still think and understand, but not introspectivly, they never question.

Iscariot
13th September 06, 04:40 PM
[quote]Apprently SKYNET did not want them doing too much independent introspective thinking so he sent them out on README, so they were like the TERMINATORS in the first movie and the way T-1000 and TX were like. Apprently FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND(i could be wrong) that they can still think and understand, but not introspectivly, they never question.
If one follows the standard reading of the Terminator films, the T101/800 model (The Arnold) can anticipate and adapt to tactical situations, and not much else. He isn't programmed for social nicety or historical compatability - see the Gun Shop from T1 as well as Reese's comment along the lines of 'it can't be bargained or reasoned with'. This model then has about the same level of AI as any modern C+C game. After they change his settings, that all changes and he is capable of reacting to all data along certain defining protocols (in this case protect John Connor and 'don't kill anyone').

This does of course leave a glaring case of failed logic in the whole thing, in which case I'd consider an alternate reading of the films.....

Osiris
13th September 06, 04:45 PM
Wheres the failing logic?

Iscariot
13th September 06, 04:54 PM
Why the hell would SkyNet build a war machine who was effectively unstoppable and then build in the possibilty that it could be made to reason?

It's not got to reason for any tactical purpose, indeed against it's primary targets it's a huge weakness. And even if a reasoning mode was required for whatever purpose, in order to activate it your war machine has to be shutdown and made completely vulnerable.

Where's the failing logic? It's the fact that an AI whose previous occupation was that of tactical and stategic planning made such a piss-poor war machine, it wouldn't happen.

Osiris
13th September 06, 05:19 PM
I don't remember any of that crap even being in the movie.

AAAhmed46
13th September 06, 05:23 PM
I don't remember any of that crap even being in the movie.

I think SOME were deleted scenes.

WarPhalange
13th September 06, 06:39 PM
No, that shit definately wasn't in the movie. README mode? What the fuck?

The only thing's said were "I order you not to kill people anymore" and "don't kill yourself." Killing people was a priority over maiming because it gets people out of the way easier. But it's not an order.

The suicide at the end is either programmed beforehand (when the T-1000 is destroyed, kill yourself) or he decided it was better off that way. I lean towards the former. Why would anyone want a terminator sticking around when you don't need it to?

Teh El Macho
13th September 06, 07:20 PM
The best part in T3 was when the guy from T1 shat himself when he saw Arnie. That's it.Meh, the only good part of T3 was when Ahnold went inside the queer's club. In particular when he put on the gay glasses, just to frown and throw them away. That's was good old Ahnold comedy. The rest of the movie felt like a faked orgasm. Bleh!

Shawarma
13th September 06, 07:24 PM
Best Ahnold comedy moment: From Red Heat, when Ahnold's super-commiecop upon turning on the TV in his sleazy hotel and seeing western porn, merely grunts "Hrmpf. Capitalism....."

Steve
13th September 06, 09:21 PM
Ground and pound, ftw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQhBGDOO4-w

The music is almost as good as the acting.... almost.

Ouden
15th September 06, 06:44 AM
They should ruin another cool comic book like they did AvP and go for Robocop vs. Terminator.

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 05:21 PM
No, that shit definately wasn't in the movie. README mode? What the fuck?

The only thing's said were "I order you not to kill people anymore" and "don't kill yourself." Killing people was a priority over maiming because it gets people out of the way easier. But it's not an order.

The suicide at the end is either programmed beforehand (when the T-1000 is destroyed, kill yourself) or he decided it was better off that way. I lean towards the former. Why would anyone want a terminator sticking around when you don't need it to?

I watched it by renting the video.

Then i saw it again on T.V.

Thing is, it had an extra scene that wasnt in the video.

A scene when they take a chip out of his head and change it so he could learn better.

Im serious.

I dont know if its in any of the DVD's or even Hardcore edition or Extreme edition or whatever many editions they have.

But i remembet recently seeing that scene.

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 05:23 PM
Ground and pound, ftw.

Is that movie even worth watching?

Iscariot
15th September 06, 05:30 PM
I watched it by renting the video.

Then i saw it again on T.V.

Thing is, it had an extra scene that wasnt in the video.

A scene when they take a chip out of his head and change it so he could learn better.

Im serious.

I dont know if its in any of the DVD's or even Hardcore edition or Extreme edition or whatever many editions they have.

But i remembet recently seeing that scene.
Cameron removed the scene from the Theatrical Release due to time constraints. He restored it to the Special Edition as he felt it was important to show why this T101 was so different than the T101 in the first film.

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 05:33 PM
so...im right then?

Iscariot
15th September 06, 05:37 PM
so...im right then?
Indeed, the scene does exist and is considered part of the film, rather than a deleted scene or an extra as it has been in an official release of the film.

I'm trying to find the scene now.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 06:09 PM
Damn it, can't find a copy of the scene anywhere online.

The IMDB gives the following description though:

At the abandoned gas station, Sarah and John talk with the T-800 about learning. He tells them that his CPU was switched to read-only before being sent out. Cyberdyne doesn't want them to learn too much while on the own. John asks can it be switched and he says yes. You then see the T-800's face in a ''mirror'' talking Sarah through the procedure. After the CPU is removed, the T-800 shuts-down and Sarah places it on a table. She picks up a hammer and tries to smash it to render him inoperative. John stops her and says they need him. He starts to show authority for the first time and says to Sarah, ''How am I supposed to be a world leader if my own mother won't listen to me?''

I did find the abysmal alternate ending online though......

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 06:10 PM
Alternate ending? I never heard of that.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 06:18 PM
Alternate ending? I never heard of that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVn3r8SMzo

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 06:23 PM
Wow that is gay.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 06:26 PM
AHA! I have found the scene in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Ry5adzRTo

How good am I?

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuwJKZoxbDc&mode=related&search=

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 06:32 PM

How good am I?

There was some dialogue before that too wasn't there explaining the READ ME thingy?

Iscariot
15th September 06, 06:42 PM
There is, but a copy of it eludes me right now.

WarPhalange
15th September 06, 07:40 PM
The alternate ending sucked.

I guess I just thought they knew how to learn from the start, they just had a "hive" mentality with all the other machines?

Iscariot
15th September 06, 08:00 PM
The alternate ending sucked.

I guess I just thought they knew how to learn from the start, they just had a "hive" mentality with all the other machines?
Please if they were all linked it'd be a shit film, you could beat them just by uploading a virus to the mothershi.....oh, wait.

I don't mind the alternate ending from a cinematic point of view, but I do feel the actual ending is better from a thematic point of view. Also the alternate ending renders my reading of the film entirely invalid.

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 08:02 PM
Basically, from what i understand, The T-101 in the first movie could only follow its program and nothing more, it had no abstract thought, just as skynet wanted, it made sure all were like that. Hence the zombie mentality of the robot in the first movie and T-1000(well they did more stuff then zombies, but like zombies they didnt talk much and basically just kept moving forwards)

Steve
15th September 06, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe
Ground and pound, ftw.

Is that movie even worth watching?

I'm guessing.... No.

Steve
15th September 06, 09:16 PM

Nifty! Never seen that before...

How good am I?

You have 1337 skillz, nice work.

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 09:44 PM
I wonder if they will have this as a reason why T-101 may be able to take out other T-101's in bulk?

You know, like in the beginning of terminator 2 how humans took out machines with moderate effeciancy(i mean they were still getting rocked but....)

Steve
15th September 06, 09:54 PM
I wonder if they will have this as a reason why T-101 may be able to take out other T-101's in bulk?

You know, like in the beginning of terminator 2 how humans took out machines with moderate effeciancy(i mean they were still getting rocked but....)

You mean as a possible plot point in the 4th movie?

I would hope they wouldn't beat a dead horse by centering the movie around just reprogramming more terminators.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 10:04 PM
It's been a while since I've seen T2, but IIRC then your example doesn't work as the dystopian future battle sequences were part of Sarah's dream sequences.

WarPhalange
15th September 06, 10:19 PM
Basically, from what i understand, The T-101 in the first movie could only follow its program and nothing more, it had no abstract thought, just as skynet wanted, it made sure all were like that. Hence the zombie mentality of the robot in the first movie and T-1000(well they did more stuff then zombies, but like zombies they didnt talk much and basically just kept moving forwards)

It's not even that. The other ending looks slapped-together.

The last line "if robots can value human life, maybe we can too", looks really out of place, seeing as how everybody is in a playground having fun.

Steve
15th September 06, 10:31 PM
It's not even that. The other ending looks slapped-together.

The last line "if robots can value human life, maybe we can too", looks really out of place, seeing as how everybody is in a playground having fun.

Yeah, the second ending is REALLY stupid. John became a politician, riiiight... More likely a leader of a successful arms smuggling group.

I've never been a fan of make up 'aging,' either.

AAAhmed46
15th September 06, 10:35 PM
Yeah, the second ending is REALLY stupid. John became a politician, riiiight... More likely a leader of a successful arms smuggling group.

I've never been a fan of make up 'aging,' either.

Especially considering how he and his mother are wanted criminals by the end of the movie.

WarPhalange
16th September 06, 12:21 AM
I haven't watched the movie in a while. Do they ever figure out that there was someone other than the Terminator in the office? Because nobody really chases them into the steel mill thing.

Steve
16th September 06, 12:23 AM
I haven't watched the movie in a while. Do they ever figure out that there was someone other than the Terminator in the office? Because nobody really chases them into the steel mill thing.

You'll have to elaborate.

WarPhalange
16th September 06, 12:41 AM
From what I remember:

Termy stuffs them into an elevator and does the damage himself.

Somehow they escape and T-1000 follows them. Nobody else does, though. Even though a LOT of damage gets done and a truck gets flipped. Did any of the cops notice, or were they too busy trying to figure out what happened at the office?

Steve
16th September 06, 12:54 AM
I think they might have gone for the 'TERMINATOR SHOT EVERY ONE IN THE KNEE, THEY NO CAN FOLLOW' deal.

I can visualize the scene you're talking about and that's all I can think of.

It woulda been a good spin off point for a Die Hard tie in....

FBI shows up, etc.

WarPhalange
16th September 06, 01:08 AM
I keep reading the first sentence of your sig after your post.

It would have been better if the Nakatomi (?) building was where Termy and Co. went. Could you imagine anything more awesome?

Steve
16th September 06, 01:26 AM
It would have been better if the Nakatomi (Nakatomi Tower) (?) building was where Termy and Co. went. Could you imagine anything more awesome?

That would indeed be sweet!

I keep reading the first sentence of your sig after your post.

Trust me, it's served me well.

AAAhmed46
16th September 06, 02:03 AM
You mean as a possible plot point in the 4th movie?

I would hope they wouldn't beat a dead horse by centering the movie around just reprogramming more terminators.

I dont mean that as a part of the plot.

But lets face it, one of the cool thiings about the terminator is how he practically walks through danger and kills everything around him.

With many T-101s running around, he loses that feeling of invincibility.

But if he can do something the others cannot do, he will still have that 'coolness' to him.

Unless the next terminator in the next movie will be a different model.

WarPhalange
16th September 06, 02:07 AM
The Conan model.

Steve
16th September 06, 02:33 AM
Not what I was looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNAsUJeidxk

But Conan will always rule.

WarPhalange
16th September 06, 02:36 AM
You have to admit, though, a Terminator with long hair would kick ass.

Iscariot
16th September 06, 07:12 AM
The reason no-one could follow is because Arnie trashed a great deal of their vehicles, and I can't see them getting many volunteers to follow him as a small force, the T1000 stole their only helicopter.

The cops probably called the army and went to the doughnut shop.

AAAhmed46
17th September 06, 02:02 PM
So how will they make the terminator still look badass in the next movie by kicking ass efficeintly without something stupid?

Neildo
17th September 06, 03:12 PM
The reason no-one could follow is because Arnie trashed a great deal of their vehicles, and I can't see them getting many volunteers to follow him as a small force, the T1000 stole their only helicopter.

The cops probably called the army and went to the doughnut shop.

Message from Sociocide
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iscariot again.

Iscariot
17th September 06, 04:09 PM
I try.

Sometimes I fail.....

But sometimes I don't.

Cormoran
1st October 06, 04:53 AM
Cool, a T4 movie. I'll be looking forward to it. The third was ok just not up to T1 and and T2 standards. Oh and kristanna loken, mmmmm liked her ever since the mortal kombat tv series.

Still old news though, i been hearing about T4 since before T3 was out at the cinema.

DerAuslander108
1st October 06, 10:51 AM
Antiques Roadshow must be awesome for you.

I think that's just about the funniest thing Vilraynis has ever said.

Osiris
1st October 06, 10:57 AM
Its definitely up there.

DerAuslander108
1st October 06, 11:06 AM
Your "retarded amounts of force" was a good one too.

I even quoted it on a sign I put up behind the bar at my Pub. "Liquor laws will be applied with retarded amounts of force."

WarPhalange
1st October 06, 01:19 PM
Der, how come you got so many anti-reps?

Shawarma
1st October 06, 01:20 PM
Apparently, he took Shumagorath's virginity and then refused to call him, which Shumagorath resented.

DerAuslander108
1st October 06, 02:06 PM
It was late, and I was drunk...

I'm really sorry.

AAAhmed46
1st October 06, 03:53 PM
so...any news on T4?

WarPhalange
8th October 06, 01:46 AM
It's going to be a sequel to T3.

Steve
8th October 06, 01:49 AM
It's going to be a sequel to T3.

You are such an asshole.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Poop Loops again.

WarPhalange
8th October 06, 01:55 AM
How?

Steve
8th October 06, 02:01 AM
How?

For stating the obvious.

I swore that I would never do that again.

Fearless Ukemi
9th October 06, 01:02 PM
I was very disapointed in Terminator 3 because the plot made no fucking sense. Judgement Day didn't happen. No way Terminator 3 is fucking Canon.

One of the biggest reasons I thought it sucked was because they portrayed Connor as such a freaking tool. I was almost hoping he would get killed after his umpteenth monologue in that movie.

AAAhmed46
9th October 06, 10:35 PM
As stated before in this thread:

The conner they need for this should have been that badass guy they showed in the beginning of the second movie.

AAAhmed46
9th October 06, 11:13 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGva3yU8RZw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGva3yU8RZw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGva3yU8RZw

Can someone please tell me how you make the YouTube links appear in bullshido threads?

Steve
9th October 06, 11:25 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGva3yU8RZw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGva3yU8RZw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGva3yU8RZw

Can someone please tell me how you make the YouTube links appear in bullshido threads?

Copy the URL (from the URL window, instead of the embed window. Under 'tags') and paste it to your post. Then highlight it and wrap 'media' tags around it (big blue M at upper right, or [medi.a] [/medi.a] periods added by me inbetween the i and a).

Osiris
9th October 06, 11:29 PM
That owns harder than the last movies in all involved franchises.

AAAhmed46
9th October 06, 11:35 PM
I would love to see such a movie.

WarPhalange
10th October 06, 09:34 PM
The best part is it wouldn't have to make sense, because it wouldn't be serious.

Unless they tried to make it serious, like AvP... then it would suck. :(

Steve
10th October 06, 11:00 PM
If they decided to try it, it would be interesting to see how they would mesh the two different views of cyborgs. Considering in one series of movies it was 'WTF, he's a cyborg!!' and in the other it was 'WTF, I'm a cyborg??'

To different paradigms that would be hard (putting it mildly) for them to combine. One of those which came first: the robot that was part human or the human that was part robot.

Osiris
10th October 06, 11:04 PM
Think Terminator 2.

Steve
10th October 06, 11:16 PM
Think Terminator 2.

I must be daft, because I'm not following what you're saying...

If I think T2 then I either think that a good Arnie cyborg will come back... but that wouldn't work since it would mean that Robocop would have to be 'bad.' If I think of a T-1000 coming (or something different) it would defeat the purpose of the fan clip of having Arnie vs Robocop.

Now a starting off as enemies (because Robocop doesn't know that the T-100 is 'good') then becoming allies against a T-1000, or worse baddie, that might work for me.

But, I guess what I'm getting at is that the two franchises are entirely different universes with different views on cyborgs and would be difficult if not impossible to unite.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it as much as the next guy!

Fearless Ukemi
12th October 06, 05:55 PM
You have to admit, though, a Terminator with long hair would kick ass.

Here is some uselss info for you. In the first Terminator movie, there is a Reese flashback scene showing the importance of dogs in the future (they go crazy when cyborgs are around). A long-haired terminator raids their base in this sequence.

WarPhalange
12th October 06, 07:04 PM
But who will be back?

AAAhmed46
12th October 06, 07:34 PM
Robocop.

Osiris
13th October 06, 12:13 PM
If I think T2 then I either think that a good Arnie cyborg will come back... but that wouldn't work since it would mean that Robocop would have to be 'bad.' If I think of a T-1000 coming (or something different) it would defeat the purpose of the fan clip of having Arnie vs Robocop.

Bad Arnie vs good Robocop, similar to how Arnie fought t1000 in T2.

AAAhmed46
15th October 06, 11:06 PM
Can Robo-cop actually run?

I know from that mini-series Prime directives he can take a laser to the chest.

Steve
15th October 06, 11:19 PM
Little wheels pop out from the soles of his feet if he has to get somewhere quickly.

Iscariot
15th October 06, 11:20 PM
Little wheels pop out from the soles of his feet if he has to get somewhere quickly.
That's Inspector Gadget.

Steve
15th October 06, 11:23 PM
Actually, I was thinking of R2D2.

AAAhmed46
15th October 06, 11:25 PM
Lets throw gadget and mega-man in the mix.

I say gadget trumps everyone.

Mega-man gets killed early because he has yet to hit puberty.

Iscariot
15th October 06, 11:35 PM
I reckon they should add some of Gadget's 'features' to the Iron Man film......

"Go, go Iron Man Umbrella!"

Steve
15th October 06, 11:53 PM
I reckon they should add some of Gadget's 'features' to the Iron Man film......

"Go, go Iron Man Umbrella!"

The drill dick wasn't enough for you? Ug.

Lets throw gadget and mega-man in the mix.

I say gadget trumps everyone.

Mega-man gets killed early because he has yet to hit puberty.

Inspector Gadget suffers from premature ejaculation just like the kids who are nearing puberty. So it would be an even match.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/gadget.jpg

Sorry, the drill dick from Iron Man got me on that train of thought...