PDA

View Full Version : Prview for the 3rd season of Battlestar Galactica!

Stick
4th September 06, 01:37 AM
Thank you YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_ccvhY5-I

AAAhmed46
4th September 06, 02:10 AM
Ive never seen the first season.

I dont have cable so i could not see the second season.

Im really interested in seeing the second season, so i plan to pirate it.

However, i dont know if i have the pateience to watch the first season.

So can anyone summarize the first season for me please?

Odacon
4th September 06, 07:05 AM
I welcome this. A lot. Really.

Iscariot
5th September 06, 08:06 PM
Ive never seen the first season.

I dont have cable so i could not see the second season.

Im really interested in seeing the second season, so i plan to pirate it.

However, i dont know if i have the pateience to watch the first season.

So can anyone summarize the first season for me please?
You need to have seen the miniseries that started it all off.

Provided you've seen that I'd say just go ahead and watch season two. I did. Due to not having cable for a year at Uni, I didn't have chance to see season one before the premiere of season two when I got cable back. With the re-caps at the beginning of the episodes it took me all of three episodes to know everything I needed to know from season one.

Did finally see season one a few months back, and it's not as good as season two, not by a long way.

Also can't wait for the beginning of the new series, must find out whether we're getting it at the same time as you lot, or if I'll have to download it.

Quikfeet509
11th September 06, 08:37 PM
I finally got caught up and this series is great, although I am kinda hoping that the season finale was some sort of wierd flashback / drug induced wack job.

Dark Helmet
11th September 06, 08:43 PM
AAAhmed46?Iscariot ?Go buy the BSG DVD sets of season 1 and 2.You won't regret it.

Iscariot
12th September 06, 07:05 AM
AAAhmed46?Iscariot ?Go buy the BSG DVD sets of season 1 and 2.You won't regret it.
I own the season 1 set, saw it after season 2, and it's a big let-down in my opinion. Season 1 has nothing on either the mini or season 2.

Quikfeet509
12th September 06, 07:35 AM
Season 1 had some great episodes though, like "33". Season 2 was great except for the last two episodes...

I felt like maybe I lost a DVD from the series and suddenly jumped ahead 4 episodes.

JimmyTheHutt
13th September 06, 02:13 PM
Season 1 had some great episodes though, like "33". Season 2 was great except for the last two episodes...

I felt like maybe I lost a DVD from the series and suddenly jumped ahead 4 episodes.

I think the producers of that show felt that everything was going to well, so they had to fuck it up. I like that. Nothing builds a boring show like a lack of conflict.

PRAISE CONFLICT!

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Stick
13th September 06, 02:19 PM
I look at it as them trying to change the dynamic with each season.

Season 1, run from Cylons, run from Cylons, run from Cylons, build to civil war

Season 2, holy crap civil war and martial law, run from cylons, small rebel movement on cylon occupied caprica, ressolution of civil war only rekindled by arrival of new Pegasus, fuck the Cylons, find new home....

Season 3, occupied by Cylons, tiny ragged fleet can either run or come back to occupied territory, who knows....

This show works hard at not falling into a comfortable rut; shake things up on a good regular basis.

Aaranar
13th September 06, 03:30 PM
For those that don't know, Sci Fi is presenting webisodes leading up to the new season. They've already done three. You can find them at the link below.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/

Quikfeet509
11th October 06, 11:35 PM
Jesus Titty Fucking Christ, that was a great season opener.