PDA

View Full Version : I know what America needs.

WarPhalange
31st August 06, 01:36 AM
Another movie about sports and/or dancing. I think this time it will be a breakthrough movie that will touch us all and make us all think about our purpose in life and our impact on the people around us.

kungfujew
31st August 06, 01:53 AM
I just watched the preview for that new godamn "prison / juvie" redemption football movie. I fucking hate football movies.

WarPhalange
31st August 06, 02:15 AM
That's because you hate America.

That new basketball, no wait, I mean streetball movie is gonna fucking own.

Check it, there's these 2 guys, probably friends or brother or something who have pure spirits and are true at heart. And there are these other guy who are assholes, but good at basketball. The first two guys basically need to beat other guys to prove themselves or something. It's like a secret martial arts tournament to the death. Except that in a ghetto part of town they get awesome motorcycles.

kungfujew
31st August 06, 02:17 AM
With special guest cameo Lil' Romeo as the peppy, fiesty comic relief / one-liner deliverer?

Steve
31st August 06, 02:26 AM
That's because you hate America.

That new basketball, no wait, I mean streetball movie is gonna fucking own.

Check it, there's these 2 guys, probably friends or brother or something who have pure spirits and are true at heart. And there are these other guy who are assholes, but good at basketball. The first two guys basically need to beat other guys to prove themselves or something. It's like a secret martial arts tournament to the death. Except that in a ghetto part of town they get awesome motorcycles.

Didn't a film like this use break dancing?

Die, You Got Served!

WarPhalange
31st August 06, 02:52 AM
With special guest cameo Lil' Romeo as the peppy, fiesty comic relief / one-liner deliverer?

Word bling bling.

ICY
31st August 06, 03:05 AM
Or mabye, America needs a hipper-than-thou kid in university who rails against pop culture, yeah...

Greese
31st August 06, 03:42 AM
We need more bring it on sequels...I mean, what else is needed?

T3hJudoChop
31st August 06, 07:46 AM
I'm still waiting for the sequel to Sylverster Stallone's Over the Top. I hope they update it with a hop-hop twist.

mrblackmagic
31st August 06, 09:32 AM
Goddammit, PL. You're right. We need another movie about an angst filled football team led by a 3rd string QB or never-was-er suddenly thrust into the spotlight or a kid from the wrong side of the tracks trying to get respect by showing off his/her moves on the dance floor.

Fuck we need more disaster movies and airplane thrillers. Maybe even combine the two.

mrblackmagic
31st August 06, 09:35 AM
I'm thinking a serial killer and mudslide help out here.

Bluto Blutarsky
31st August 06, 10:49 AM
Another movie about sports and/or dancing. I think this time it will be a breakthrough movie that will touch us all and make us all think about our purpose in life and our impact on the people around us.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

"A chicken in every pot and a cap in every ass!"

Bluto Blutarsky
31st August 06, 10:51 AM
Fuck we need more disaster movies and airplane thrillers. Maybe even combine the two.

Now you are talking!

Airplane 3!

Sure the second one sucked, and the first one was classic, but maybe the zuckers can do it again. Even a crappy zuckers movie is better than 99.999999999999% of the movies out there.

Yiktin Voxbane
31st August 06, 12:36 PM
Airplane 3 vs. Titanic 2 vs. Posiedon 3 vs. Alien

IN A BOUT TO KNOCK THE OTHER GUY OUT !

But told in a heart-warmimg wanna hug a puppycat kinda way .

Like pay it foward but with more Death Metal.

kungfujew
31st August 06, 12:38 PM

Does a small child get shanked?

WarPhalange
31st August 06, 11:15 PM

I've never heard Death Metal in any movie. It's fucking hardcore shit. "BLAHBLAH BLAH BLHA (enter the slow melodic part) blah blah blah... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!~!!!!!!"

It's like people just can't seem to keep going for a whole 4 minutes (any longer and they won't get on the radio!) any more. They need a fucking break??? Or what? Give me Necrophagist... or give me Death! (pun intended)

WarPhalange
31st August 06, 11:15 PM
That's the whole premise of Death Metal.

Steve
31st August 06, 11:27 PM
A friend of mine went and saw The Illusionist.

She saw a teaser for a new Nightmare on Elm Street film...

That's exactly what we need.

Info (http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060208_new_line_doing_new_elm_street.html).

WarPhalange
1st September 06, 12:00 AM
In the years to come:

Terminator vs. Rambo

Spiders on a Plane (my sister blurted this out instead of "snakes" once. I do believe that could have actually been a good movie)

Walker Texas Ranger meets Miami Vice

World War 1 vs World War 2: Germany vs. Germany

A Battle Smith (Mr. Smith meets Agent Smith. Mr. Smith petitions the IT guys to stop the Matrix while Agent Smith shoots up everybody inside of it.)

God Meets the Devil (A hilarious comedy where God and Devil end up as interns at a growing firm. They have to kiss ass up the corporate ladder. Devil has to restrain himself from fucking shit up. All seems well until they find out that the partners of the firm are Nietzsche and the members of Deicide. Can God work his way up the corporate ladder and proove to the partners that even a lowly figment of someone's imagination is capable of being a good business man?)

When Continents Collide (a touching movie about Africa slamming into America. Can white and black people survive together? The story of a white man, Frank and a black man, Click-Clack, who meet up at the local KFC. Click Clack for the Fried Chicken, Frank for the mashed taters n' gravy sawce. Can they find more in common with each other?)

Super Princess (The story of a young girl who has super powers, yet for some reason bends to the will of stupid guys who treat her like shit. Will she find her dignity, or will Disney yet again tell little girls everywhere to just fucking stay in the kitchen unless we tell them to?)

Uhh... that's it for now. Naruto's on.

Steve
1st September 06, 12:39 AM
In the years to come:

Terminator vs. Rambo

Spiders on a Plane (my sister blurted this out instead of "snakes" once. I do believe that could have actually been a good movie)

Walker Texas Ranger meets Miami Vice

World War 1 vs World War 2: Germany vs. Germany

A Battle Smith (Mr. Smith meets Agent Smith. Mr. Smith petitions the IT guys to stop the Matrix while Agent Smith shoots up everybody inside of it.)

God Meets the Devil (A hilarious comedy where God and Devil end up as interns at a growing firm. They have to kiss ass up the corporate ladder. Devil has to restrain himself from fucking shit up. All seems well until they find out that the partners of the firm are Nietzsche and the members of Deicide. Can God work his way up the corporate ladder and proove to the partners that even a lowly figment of someone's imagination is capable of being a good business man?)

When Continents Collide (a touching movie about Africa slamming into America. Can white and black people survive together? The story of a white man, Frank and a black man, Click-Clack, who meet up at the local KFC. Click Clack for the Fried Chicken, Frank for the mashed taters n' gravy sawce. Can they find more in common with each other?)

Super Princess (The story of a young girl who has super powers, yet for some reason bends to the will of stupid guys who treat her like shit. Will she find her dignity, or will Disney yet again tell little girls everywhere to just fucking stay in the kitchen unless we tell them to?)

Uhh... that's it for now. Naruto's on.

All of you're suggestions I would watch.

Now, Naruto.... Are they done with their stupid arc yet (I didn't really get into the anime, I have friends that watch it and read the manga)?

I just wish Bleach's stupid arc would end, please!

WarPhalange
1st September 06, 01:54 AM
I dunno. My sister told me I was still on the first episodes. I started watching late, too. I've only seen like 15 or so episodes so far. They just got done with the whole Zabuza ordeal. They really like to go wide with their episodes, so everybody's past has to be explored for 5 minutes each. Effectively turning a 3 minute battle into 4 episodes.

Steve
1st September 06, 01:56 AM
I dunno. My sister told me I was still on the first episodes. I started watching late, too. I've only seen like 15 or so episodes so far. They just got done with the whole Zabuza ordeal. They really like to go wide with their episodes, so everybody's past has to be explored for 5 minutes each. Effectively turning a 3 minute battle into 4 episodes.

Ug, Sounds like DBZ.

WarPhalange
1st September 06, 02:03 AM
Japanese shows tend to have a major plot line, whereas in American ones each episode has it's own unrelated (usually) plot. Since they have to make a whole season out of this major story, they draw each episode out to make it easier. That's why you find the classic "Turn away a bit, looking slightly down, little smirk, and reflect on what just happened out loud, slowly." American shows, on the other hand, pack as much shit in each episode as possible because they usually try to fit something as complex as saving the entire planet into 30 minutes.

Steve
1st September 06, 02:53 AM
Japanese shows tend to have a major plot line, whereas in American ones each episode has it's own unrelated (usually) plot. Since they have to make a whole season out of this major story, they draw each episode out to make it easier. That's why you find the classic "Turn away a bit, looking slightly down, little smirk, and reflect on what just happened out loud, slowly." American shows, on the other hand, pack as much shit in each episode as possible because they usually try to fit something as complex as saving the entire planet into 30 minutes.

And keep us interested while the commercials are on.

Shawarma
1st September 06, 06:51 AM

This is why late 70ies and 80ies B-movies were totally superior to any of the shit that got put out in the 90ies and 2000s. Assault on Precinct 13, the 70ies version, featured a little girl getting shot in the face at point-blank range while trying to buy icecream from an icecream van. For some reason, brutality against children got excised from 90ies movies up until now, which is a shame, because high caliber gunfire + children = Funny.

Neildo
1st September 06, 11:37 AM
I've never heard Death Metal in any movie.

I've heard short bursts of some in movies but can't recall which ones for certain.

Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face ; Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

FredGarvinMP
1st September 06, 11:42 AM
I've heard short bursts of some in movies but can't recall which ones for certain.

Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face ; Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.
Damn. I was going to say Cannibal Corps in Ace. That's the only one I know of.

Yiktin Voxbane
1st September 06, 11:47 AM
This is why late 70ies and 80ies B-movies were totally superior to any of the shit that got put out in the 90ies and 2000s. Assault on Precinct 13, the 70ies version, featured a little girl getting shot in the face at point-blank range while trying to buy icecream from an icecream van. For some reason, brutality against children got excised from 90ies movies up until now, which is a shame, because high caliber gunfire + children = Funny.

That movie got watched so much in a house I used to live in. Must see if I cannae dig up a copy...... just for old times sake ;)

*Little girl gets waxxed in the face.... the crowd, as one, Yell "Boom ! HEADSHOT!!" *

Yiktin Voxbane
1st September 06, 11:49 AM
New and *Improved* Cannibal corpse (Rancid Amputation) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e0s1qBm9_I)

JimmyTheHutt
1st September 06, 12:06 PM

That's enough to make me see it.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

JimmyTheHutt
1st September 06, 12:08 PM

Will there be titties?

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

WarPhalange
1st September 06, 12:18 PM
Will there be titties?

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

No. It's a Disney movie. There will be tons of sexual innuendo and suggestive dialogue, maybe even some hidden vagina's on screen, but no directly visible titties.

WarPhalange
1st September 06, 12:26 PM
New and *Improved* Cannibal corpse (Rancid Amputation) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e0s1qBm9_I)

I got you beat by a few days. (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3309594#post3309594)

And I also stole that from this very forum. Was it you who posted it first?

Yiktin Voxbane
1st September 06, 03:08 PM
indeed it was :)

Just spreading the love, I feel that this *Lounge Act* doing death metal lyrics has a niche market .

Zendetta
1st September 06, 03:11 PM
That Chaser's lounge clip is PRICELESS.