PDA

View Full Version : Whose the dumbest of them all?

DAYoung
28th August 06, 03:41 AM
One day, I want to raise a bull, take it to the butcher (I don't mind killing it, and I don't mind cleaning it, but I'm not an expert, so I'd end up throwing away a bunch of meat needlessly, hence the butcher) and grab a slab and just eat it, meat that was alive minutes before I injest it...it'd be awesome.

I often had the same thought. Beef is too tasty.

As for throwing away meat, I once saw a bloke catch a cod, and fuck it up royally - he didn't know how to kill it, clean it, or fillet it. Just a whole lot of macho idiocy, without the cajones to back it up.

If I kill me a cow, I'm gonna do it properly (translation: I won't be killing any cows)

ICY
28th August 06, 04:37 AM
I might kill it, I just wouldn't clean it.

DAYoung
28th August 06, 05:54 AM
I might kill it, I just wouldn't clean it.

I can dig that. Cows have lots of guts.

ICY
28th August 06, 06:02 AM
...full of a lot of shit.

DAYoung
28th August 06, 06:05 AM
...full of a lot of shit.

I remember cleaning a rabbit when I was a kid - it stank. I can imagine that a cow is a whole new universe of stench. The blokes who work in abbatoirs must be seriously desensitised (in many ways).

ICY
28th August 06, 06:15 AM
They don't do it this way anymore, but shooting cows in the head used to be a full time job. All day, everyday, shooting cows in the head with a high powered rifle.

DAYoung
28th August 06, 06:25 AM
They don't do it this way anymore, but shooting cows in the head used to be a full time job. All day, everyday, shooting cows in the head with a high powered rifle.

What a fucking awful job.

Kiko
28th August 06, 05:22 PM
Not sure if she was PETA, but I once met a woman who decided to feed her dog a purely vegetarian diet, "because Linda McCartney recommended it". WTF?

Last time I checked, dogs are carnivores. Poor creature, to be owned by such an idiot!

Sun Wukong
29th August 06, 02:16 AM
Why? Because it's unnatural and stupid. When my Dad went vegan, I told him I was ashamed to have a faggot for a father.

Ouch dude. I mean, I don't know your dad... but isn't that a little heavy handed? Or do you guys get drunk and routinely punch each other out for fun?

Sun Wukong
29th August 06, 02:47 AM

Holy crap man, you work as a knocker?

DAYoung
29th August 06, 03:17 AM
Not sure if she was PETA, but I once met a woman who decided to feed her dog a purely vegetarian diet, "because Linda McCartney recommended it". WTF?

Last time I checked, dogs are carnivores. Poor creature, to be owned by such an idiot!

Dogs love meat, and I don't blame them. If I could get marrow from a beef bone just by using my teeth, I'd love it too.

ICY
29th August 06, 04:10 AM
Ouch dude. I mean, I don't know your dad... but isn't that a little heavy handed? Or do you guys get drunk and routinely punch each other out for fun?

No, and no, I wasn't serious, but I did constantly make fun of him and associate his eating habits with homosexuality...I mean, the dude's not gay, I'm living proof, but I thought it was stupid. He did it for a year or so, dropped 20-30 lbs of MUSCLE, and then started eating meat, but only good cuts from local butchers, no big boxes for him, again, and gained back 5 lbs or so.

25 lbs might not seem like a ton, but at his peak of physical potency, he was 5'7"160-165.

He said it made him feel much healthier, but to me, it was like "WHAT THE FACK ARE YOO DOOING!?!?" because he was losing all that muscle, but I guess now he's leaner and healthier, and the heart generally doesn't get stronger with time and has added strain placed on it if body mass stays high, muscle or not, as the body ages.

So, it changed my perspective on vegan/vegetarianism (and the difference between the two, AND the term vegan for that matter), but I still enjoy trolling on the subject.

Yiktin Voxbane
4th September 06, 11:43 PM
I hate people that claim to be Vegan / Vegetarian but still wear leather shoes, leather belts, eat cheese , eat eggs , drink milk and then get on my case for enjoying a steak (ok back when me teeth could handle steak that is) .

Asshats that force their animals to *Veg out* should infact me slaughtered and then fed to their poor pets . Don't get me wrong , if an animal is cool with Veg, Kudos to them but for the love of (insert Deity of the day) dinnae force tha lil' buggers ....

ICY
5th September 06, 01:34 AM
Vegetarians are the ones who do the things you describe. Vegans are the real nutty ones who won't have anything to do with animal products.

DAYoung
5th September 06, 03:13 AM
Vegans are the real nutty ones

Not just nuts. Legumes and seeds also.