PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Improving Sociocide

Phrost
24th August 06, 08:02 AM
Feel free to chime in. We've got some ideas that we've yet to implement, but we want some feedback on features you'd like to see (or not see) while we're still in "Beta" with this.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 11:25 AM
Feel free to chime in. We've got some ideas that we've yet to implement, but we want some feedback on features you'd like to see (or not see) while we're still in "Beta" with this.

Buh... duh... grrr...
Dammit, how can I resist?
*ahem*
Sociocide needs more buttsecks.

Serious responses go down here:

Phrost
24th August 06, 11:47 AM
You know what, why don't you spend the next few days gathering every single "Buttsecks" image on the internet so we can make a page dedicated to them?

Yes, I'm assigning you homework.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 11:56 AM
You know what, why don't you spend the next few days gathering every single "Buttsecks" image on the internet so we can make a page dedicated to them?

Yes, I'm assigning you homework.

Sweet! Enter: www.sociocide.com/buttsecks.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 11:59 AM
Buttsecks is about as funny as this type of joke is. That is to say, not at all.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:02 PM
Buttsecks is about as funny as this type of joke is. That is to say, not at all.

Never said it was. Buttsecks is deadly serious.

Dark Helmet
24th August 06, 12:04 PM
Are you trying to separate the Bullshido avatars from the sociocide avatars?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:05 PM
Either way, I am placing you under Internets arrest for multiple counts of faggotry.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:07 PM
Either way, I am placing you under Internets arrest for multiple counts of faggotry.

You'll never take me alive, coppers! Nyah!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:10 PM
We are not the police. I cannot tell you who we are, that is classified information. You are coming with me.

Shawarma
24th August 06, 12:13 PM
I suggest:

-Removing the Politics and Religion fields as they are A) Intensely inflexible and assume that you can boil down your political and religious beliefs to two or three words B) Not something most people take seriously.

-Set up seperate forum for religious issues

-Promoting immigration by other forumites

-Make Mega Jesus-San be funny

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:17 PM
-Removing the Politics and Religion fields as they are A) Intensely inflexible and assume that you can boil down your political and religious beliefs to two or three words

If your political values take more than three words to name, then as a rule they are absurdly complex and completely fucking ridiculous.

-Set up seperate forum for religious issues

Religious threads really aren't that unique from cultural threads, given that, holy shit, they're the exact same thing.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:24 PM
I suggest:

-Removing the Politics and Religion fields

I actually like the more comical input people put in their politics/religion fields. Also lets you know who's a complete fuck head by if they put "White Nationalist" under politics.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:28 PM
How the hell can you be a militant agnostic?

I'm not sure how "secular humanism" or "quasi-revolutionary" are supposed to be political values either.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:30 PM

I'm not sure how "secular humanism" or "quasi-revolutionary" are supposed to be political values either.

Militant agnostic:
"I relation to questions concerning divinity, god, or the nature of the universe I say: I don't know, and neither do any of you knuckleheads!"

I do consider myself a secular humanist in my political approaches, but "quasi-revolutionary" I just threw in there for shits and giggles. Did you miss my post about the "comical value" of these fields?
Back in the corner with the pointy hat.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:32 PM
So do you intend to become the leader of the People's Secular Humanism of Kungfujewia?

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:33 PM
So do you intend to become the leader of the "People's Secular Humanism of Kungfujewia"?

Are you trying to ask whether or not I intend to found a country based on my political beliefs? Because I don't know what the hell you're asking.

Shawarma
24th August 06, 12:33 PM
Religious threads really aren't that unique from cultural threads, given that, holy shit, they're the exact same thing.

Do you have to practice regularly to be so wrong, or does it just come naturally to you?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:35 PM
Please explain the difference between a thread on culture and a thread on religion, so as to convince me that they necessitate seperate forums.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:36 PM
Are you trying to ask whether or not I intend to found a country based on my political beliefs? Because I don't know what the hell you're asking.

I'm not asking anything, I'm making fun of what you consider to be your political values.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:41 PM
I'm not asking anything, I'm making fun of what you consider to be your political values.

You're doing a piss-poor job of it. Would you like me to make fun of myself? Show you how it's done? Sort of like intellectual training wheels? You know... let you get a feel for it before attempting it on your own again.

Shawarma
24th August 06, 12:45 PM
Oops, I have wronged Jesus. I thought he said that Religion and Culture are exactly the same thing, which they ain't. Guess I'll say an Ave Maria or two to atone.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:46 PM
You're doing a piss-poor job of it. Would you like me to make fun of myself? Show you how it's done? Sort of like intellectual training wheels? You know... let you get a feel for it before attempting it on your own again.

Look, you're just upset that you can't be an Anarchist or a Republican (the government, not the party), like all the cool kids are. Here, I'll lend you some of my punk CDs, and we'll find you some shirts with that Anarchy symbol on them. You already have a pair of Chucks right? Preferably black hi-tops.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:47 PM
Look, you're just upset that you can't be an Anarchist or a Republican (the government, not the party), like all the cool kids are. Here, I'll lend you some of my punk CDs, and we'll find you some shirts with that Anarchy symbol on them. You already have a pair of Chucks right? Preferably black hi-tops.

KMFDM for me, thanks. And no need to lecture me on the attire of today's anarchist youth, those fuckheads are on the streetcorner around here every weekend. How are those training wheels working out? The helmet a snug fit?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 12:49 PM
KMFDM? Jesus Christ, it's worse than I thought.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 12:59 PM
KMFDM? Jesus Christ, it's worse than I thought.

Megalomaniacal, and better than the rest.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 01:01 PM
As your doctor I must advise you to stop listening to shitty music.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 01:03 PM
As your lawyer, I advise you to take three hits of this shit.

http://erikg.codepoet.no/wp-content/images/doctorgonzo.jpg

mrblackmagic
24th August 06, 01:09 PM
I vote for animated Phrost. He's doesn't have to do anything, but dance.

BTW, KMFDM's Attak/Reload was fucking genius.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th August 06, 01:12 PM
As your lawyer, I advise you to take three hits of this shit.

[IMG]http://erikg.codepoet.no/wp-content/images/doctorgonzo.jpg[IMG]

As your financial advisor, give me money.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 01:20 PM
As your financial advisor, give me money.

If by money you mean buttsecks, I'll see what I can do.

Olorin
24th August 06, 02:02 PM
I would like to see greater moderation to keep things on topic. If you need specific examples of what we need to fix please see posts 2 through 31 in this thread.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 02:10 PM
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. I think I've succeeded, mostly.

frumpleswift
24th August 06, 02:40 PM
I would like to see greater moderation to keep things on topic. If you need specific examples of what we need to fix please see posts 2 through 31 in this thread.

Quoted for Truth.

Not that it would be necessary or anything, but we could encourage even bigger penis matches on the boards by having a sociocide analog to the BJJ Blue Belt / LEO / Military / etc. tags.

Maybe something like Phd. Philosopher or Phd. Physicist, so when you are getting your ass beat down about a subject you know nothing about, you can take extra special pride in the fact that someone with that much education is wasting their time to verbally smack you around.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 03:33 PM
Quoted for Truth.

Not that it would be necessary or anything, but we could encourage even bigger penis matches on the boards by having a sociocide analog to the BJJ Blue Belt / LEO / Military / etc. tags.

Maybe something like Phd. Philosopher or Phd. Physicist, so when you are getting your ass beat down about a subject you know nothing about, you can take extra special pride in the fact that someone with that much education is wasting their time to verbally smack you around.

Or "Village Idiot".
No PhD. here yet...

Shawarma
24th August 06, 04:36 PM
Quoted for Truth.

Worst idea ever. If you have a Phd in history/biology/buttsecks, this fact should be evident by the gigantic ownage you hand out to your opponents in debates, not by a sign in your sig line. Otherwise, it could quickly turn into the "I HAVE DEGREE, YOU DO NOT, BOW DOWN TO ME!" game.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 04:38 PM
Worst idea ever. If you have a Phd in history/biology/buttsecks, this fact should be evident by the gigantic ownage you hand out to your opponents in debates, not by a sign in your sig line. Otherwise, it could quickly turn into the "I HAVE DEGREE, YOU DO NOT, BOW DOWN TO ME!" game.

They have PhD.s in buttsecks now? Maybe I should go into academia...

Shawarma
24th August 06, 04:39 PM
Let me tell you know, you ain't gonna like their intern programme. It is, shall we say, VERY internal.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 04:41 PM
Let me tell you know, you ain't gonna like their intern programme. It is, shall we say, VERY internal.

I'm sure I can get my foot in the (back)door somehow...

Kiko
24th August 06, 04:41 PM
Rework the old Village Idiot Gif for this place. And USE it!

kungfujew
24th August 06, 04:44 PM
Rework the old Village Idiot Gif for this place. And USE it!

I'll venture a guess at some of its intended targets ^ ^.

Shawarma
24th August 06, 04:45 PM
What this forum needs most of all is more GONG SAU!

"I'm afraid that I disagree with you about the merits of a free market as opposed to a more regulated one."

"That's it, fuckin' mouthboxer, I challenge you to GONG SAU! in the school parking lot."

Everything is better with more GONG SAU!

frumpleswift
24th August 06, 04:46 PM

Why do we have BJJ Blue Belt/Purple Belt tags again? I guess to me, if I see someone spouting offf about Physics I am much less likely to challenge them if they actually have a degree in physics. Then again I've known idiots who argued with mathematicians about math, so what the hell do I know.

kungfujew
24th August 06, 04:46 PM
What this forum needs most of all is more GONG SAU!

"I'm afraid that I disagree with you about the merits of a free market as opposed to a more regulated one."

"That's it, fuckin' mouthboxer, I challenge you to GONG SAU! in the school parking lot."

Everything is better with more GONG SAU!

That's the problem with the internet. Plus all the bullshido people would totally have an advantage over the poor CTCers.

Yiktin Voxbane
25th August 06, 12:09 AM

I believe there now to be a need for a *Quasi-Human* tag too , I am sure that there are a few that would grab that ball and run with it .

Ouden
25th August 06, 07:49 AM
Oy vey. Can we get rid of all these awful Nahzis? They fed, clothed, tattooed to keep track of, shipped to work camps my people just to kill them when it would have been much more effective to use a 22 pistol where they found them like the Bolsheviks did. 6 million of them died, oy. Sociocide is promoting another Holycaust if they allow this to continue. I'm contacting my old friend Abe at the ADL to let them know about this brewing genocide.

kungfujew
25th August 06, 11:38 AM
Oy vey. Can we get rid of all these awful Nahzis? They fed, clothed, tattooed to keep track of, shipped to work camps my people just to kill them when it would have been much more effective to use a 22 pistol where they found them like the Bolsheviks did. 6 million of them died, oy. Sociocide is promoting another Holycaust if they allow this to continue. I'm contacting my old friend Abe at the ADL to let them know about this brewing genocide.

You couldn't genocide a cardboard box full of kittens if you tried. I, on the other hand, dunk kittens in bleach for fun. Now go cry over your hideously mal-formed schlong.

Ouden
25th August 06, 01:14 PM
You couldn't genocide a cardboard box full of kittens if you tried. I, on the other hand, dunk kittens in bleach for fun. Now go cry over your hideously mal-formed schlong.

Sure thing.

Zendetta
25th August 06, 04:01 PM

Don't sweat it Rabbi. Hitler fucked up SO BAD that the Jews got Israel back.

Pimps Up! Ho's Down!

kungfujew
25th August 06, 04:05 PM
Don't sweat it Rabbi. Hitler fucked up SO BAD that the Jews got Israel back.

Pimps Up! Ho's Down!

That's a novel approach!

Kiko
25th August 06, 04:11 PM
I, on the other hand, dunk kittens in bleach for fun.

Nooooooo! Not the kitties!

kungfujew
25th August 06, 04:12 PM
Nooooooo! Not the kitties!

I am the hand of god, for god is wrathful at the masturbations of the people.

Neildo
25th August 06, 04:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/God-kills-kitten.jpg/350px-God-kills-kitten.jpg

http://neildato.googlepages.com/domokungif.gif
Domo-kun are fun.

Kiko
25th August 06, 04:35 PM
Not my God. The current pope likes cats too!

kungfujew
25th August 06, 04:38 PM

I can see why:

http://83.136.68.93/kitler/pics/kitler30.jpg

Zendetta
25th August 06, 05:54 PM

Really? I heard he's never even seen a Pussy.

Kiko
25th August 06, 06:07 PM
Ah, google it. He loves cats, despite being called "God's Rottweiler".

Zendetta
25th August 06, 06:11 PM
lol - it was too good to pass up.

Kiko
25th August 06, 06:12 PM
I know, I know.

HANDS OFF THE CATS! You can bleach parakeets tho.. One of those little bastards bit me today!

Olorin
27th August 06, 08:17 PM
Maybe something like Phd. Philosopher or Phd. Physicist

Sweet I get a Historian Tag!

Or "Village Idiot".
No PhD. here yet...

I think DAYoung has a PhD and I will become Dr. Olorin in about two years, and yes, I will be changing my user name on Bullshido and Sociocode.

frumpleswift
27th August 06, 08:59 PM
Sweet I get a Historian Tag!

I think DAYoung has a PhD and I will become Dr. Olorin in about two years, and yes, I will be changing my user name on Bullshido and Sociocode.

Sweet. What is your primary field of study? I almost went to school for a Phd in church history. Then I realized I wasn't christian, let alone catholic, so I decided against it.

Olorin
27th August 06, 10:27 PM
Sweet. What is your primary field of study?

My primary field is U.S. Cultural and Intellectual History and my dissertation will cover the early years of Modern Conservatism in the United States. My three sub-fields are United States General, Modern Europe, and Early Modern Europe.

This semester I am finishing up my classroom work and teaching two discussion sections of about forty students each. After that, I have to take my comprehensive examinations and write my dissertation. So I am about two to three years from my PhD.

DAYoung
28th August 06, 03:31 AM
I think DAYoung has a PhD and I will become Dr. Olorin in about two years,

I'd be happy with a 'Philosopher' tag, but 'Doctor of Philosophy in...err...Philosophy' would just be asking for a whole bag of stupid.

and yes, I will be changing my user name on Bullshido and Sociocode.

Will you change the name on your credit cards and bills? If so, I find people are much more deferential to a 'doctor'. Taxis arrive quicker. It's pathetic.

Thank the dog the folks on Bullshido and Sociocide aren't sycophants.

DAYoung
28th August 06, 03:36 AM

4/10. 2 points for the Bolsheviks references, 1 for 'Holycaust', and another 1 out of pity.

Next time, try more Yiddish, and maybe mention popular Jewish comedians or actors.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th August 06, 03:48 AM
Zero Mostel was awesome.

Zendetta
28th August 06, 11:50 PM
Since its been such a success, I propose that the last week of each month be "Pick on the Nazis" week.

Diggler McFeely
29th August 06, 01:54 AM
I wouldn't mind something that allows users display what they're currently listening to on iTunes, WMP, or WinAMP. Have it display to the left of the "Politics" column of their posts, or somewhere around there, and of course it would be turned off by default, and able to be turned on in the user's Control Panel somewhere.

Would, of course, end up being a vBulletin mod. Maybe one already exists, I dunno. This is about as far as I take it.

ICY
29th August 06, 03:11 AM
A post count would be nice...mabye there is one, but I can't see it.

DAYoung
29th August 06, 03:27 AM
A separation of the Bullshido and Sociocide avatar subtitles would be nice. Of course, it might have already happened...

If we're going to have them, slightly more visible rep squares would be good also - these ones blend in a bit (could just be my monitor).

I don't know how relevant these things are with Youtube now so popular, but the video section of Bullshido attracted a lot of folks. Would a video and image section work here (e.g. satire, political speeches, and so on)?

Kiko
29th August 06, 06:30 AM
A steel cage match between KFJ's new av and the Quaker Oats Guy would rock.

Yiktin Voxbane
29th August 06, 07:03 AM
Lol, now There's a PPV I'd get .

Energiser
29th August 06, 08:26 AM
post counts are shit. Do not re-introduce them.

Yiktin Voxbane
29th August 06, 08:35 AM
Yeah last thing we need is another outta control *Post-count raiser thread*

ICY
29th August 06, 08:42 AM
They let me keep track of how much time I'm wasting.

Dark Helmet
29th August 06, 10:10 AM
I posted this on another section.

The people who have more squares are those who received them when we had the rep system on Bullshido talking about mostly MA.

Since we are now on a social forum maybe we should each just start at zero again?

kungfujew
29th August 06, 11:01 AM
A steel cage match between KFJ's new av and the Quaker Oats Guy would rock.

*Kiko tooks up*
*turns around*
*HE is there before her... grinning that wickedly royal grin of his*
*he hands her a sandwich*
*woe, woe unto thee, but more woe unto the Quaker Oats guy! for his doom is cometh!*

Kiko
29th August 06, 04:41 PM
*Kiko looks at the sandwich and at HIM*
*Kiko ponders whether to call the cops or let the 3 dalmatians (one of whom weighs 130lbs) handle the 'King'*

I'll bet on the high fiber guy instead of arterio-sclerosis man!

kungfujew
29th August 06, 05:02 PM
*Kiko looks at the sandwich and at HIM*
*Kiko ponders whether to call the cops or let the 3 dalmatians (one of whom weighs 130lbs) handle the 'King'*

I'll bet on the high fiber guy instead of arterio-sclerosis man!

Have you seen that guy run? Not to mention the fact that he has the quickness with the rivet gun.

Kiko
29th August 06, 05:07 PM
Oke.. I'll unleash my newest pet...
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/262500/262824HmPL_w.jpg

kungfujew
29th August 06, 05:11 PM
Oke.. I'll unleash my newest pet...
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/262500/262824HmPL_w.jpg

http://www.igloolounge.net/pictures/april06/whereisyourgodnow1.jpg

Kiko
29th August 06, 05:22 PM
http://www.subservientchicken.com/

My God sent me THIS to protect me from that pretender!

DAYoung
29th August 06, 05:43 PM
I typed 'Meditate on the Being of beings.'

Nothing.

That chicken is recalcitrant.

Kiko
29th August 06, 05:45 PM
He's a CHICKEN. Keep it simple.

Meanwhile.. back to our previous entertainment.
Will it be
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7219/reservoircreeps4yq.jpg
Or
http://www.animationcloset.com/burgerking.jpg

KidSpatula
30th August 06, 03:54 PM
I dunno if this has been brought up already, but this fucking red back ground in the reply box is fucking killing my eyes

frumpleswift
30th August 06, 04:51 PM
I dunno if this has been brought up already, but this fucking red back ground in the reply box is fucking killing my eyes

Switch the editor mode to HTML mode

KidSpatula
30th August 06, 07:47 PM
ah, much better, thanks

Kungfoolss
4th September 06, 03:08 PM

I'd promote Sociocide to a greater degree at Bullshido. That way more of the politically inept savants will migrate away, keeping them from cluttering up Bullshido with their stupidity and leaving it a more pleasant place for the truly blessed such as myself.

ICY
4th September 06, 03:11 PM
You should post more here kungfoolss...there's not really anybody like you posting here right now.

Kungfoolss
4th September 06, 03:17 PM
You should post more here kungfoolss...there's not really anybody like you posting here right now.

I know, this place needs a bit of shaking up. To many leftists and not enough hardcore Rightwingers.

ICY
4th September 06, 03:20 PM
Exactly. I can't carry that mantle anymore.

Yiktin Voxbane
4th September 06, 11:44 PM
A Pirates voice is not 'oft heard either ;)

Kungfoolss
5th September 06, 05:29 AM
Exactly. I can't carry that mantle anymore.

This place is in sore need of relevant posters, I just got finished dealing with a Bullshido retard named, poop Loops. Obviously, his mother missed her meeting with Planned Parenthood with their abortion policy and now we're stuck with a halfwit, quasi-intellectual.

Hopefully, he's gay or hasn't had a chance to breed.

ICY
5th September 06, 05:36 AM
I don't think he's had the opportunity for reproduction yet and the gay possibility is a strong one.

Shawarma
5th September 06, 06:49 AM
A Pirates voice is not 'oft heard either ;)

My granddad was a pirate in Chinese waters. Guess I'm of pirate descent.

Phrost
5th September 06, 09:19 AM
We need more Christians around here too. The kind that can make somewhat intelligent arguments about their position.

Hell, wouldn't mind a few muslim fundamentalists as well.

Shawarma
5th September 06, 10:01 AM
Where are you gonna find Muslim fundamentalists literate enough to operate Internet Explorer?

ThaiBoxerShorts
5th September 06, 10:12 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here for good measure: Sociocide needs a skepticism vs. paranormal subforum. Kind of like a more generalized Bullshido: Instead of fighting bullshit in martial arts, we'll be fighting bullshit in the whole world.

ICY
5th September 06, 10:59 AM
I thought that was Ground Zero?

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:21 PM
You just want fresh meat. Anyone who's paying attention and has a clue and a brain isn't going to defend religion to you guys, because it's pointless. You're dyed in the wool atheists. I know what I believe and I'd rather live it out than have repeated debates that end up the same.

More new topics though!

Phrost
5th September 06, 03:25 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here for good measure: Sociocide needs a skepticism vs. paranormal subforum. Kind of like a more generalized Bullshido: Instead of fighting bullshit in martial arts, we'll be fighting bullshit in the whole world.

Actually we were going to do that with "General BS" on Bullshido, once we get the rest of the off topic/non Martial stuff going over here.

kungfujew
5th September 06, 03:32 PM
You just want fresh meat. Anyone who's paying attention and has a clue and a brain isn't going to defend religion to you guys, because it's pointless. You're dyed in the wool atheists. I know what I believe and I'd rather live it out than have repeated debates that end up the same.

More new topics though!

That's true... you don't offer much fun when it comes to religious debates because though we may be dyed-in-the-wool atheists, you aren't a dyed-in-the-wool nutcase so there's little fun to be had there. Thank god for the nazis...

frumpleswift
5th September 06, 03:35 PM

More new topics though!

Oh, I do think there are defenses of Religion, and I am rather fond of Catholicism if not most mainstream Protestant churches. However, I do not think it is fair to argue that their is any scientific evidence to support a belief in God. You either feel God in the abyss of the soul or you don't.

I also think it is a hoot to argue about the brutality of the old testament. Catholics tend to tell you that they are just stories reflecting the culture of a different time, and are not to be taken literally. Crazy fundies however...

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:36 PM
Sorry, I'm a normal kinda Christian. I can even be rational about some things and have a sense of humour. You'll have to find other critters to poke with sticks on that front.

I'm sure we can find other subjects for fun.

I'd even be willing to say I might be entertained at you all meeting.. Oh no ... I just CAN'T bring myself to say that name. But CTCers know who I'm talking about.

frumpleswift
5th September 06, 03:38 PM

I'm all for starting more nerd fights. Something along the lines of what is wrong with you people still playing D&D? D&D sucks ass. You should grab some Shadowrun 3rd edition and wisen up.

kungfujew
5th September 06, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I'm a normal kinda Christian. I can even be rational about some things and have a sense of humour. You'll have to find other critters to poke with sticks on that front.

I'd even be willing to say I might be entertained at you all meeting.. Oh no ... I just CAN'T bring myself to say that name. But CTCers know who I'm talking about.

There's a character on fark.com known across the internets as "Bevets" (distant roll of thunder). Some of you familiar with fark have probably heard of him.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bevets

http://cec.wustl.edu/~cmk2/bevets.jpg

kungfujew
5th September 06, 03:40 PM
I'm all for starting more nerd fights. Something along the lines of what is wrong with you people still playing D&D? D&D sucks ass. You should grab some Shadowrun 3rd edition and wisen up.

I have friends from highschool who LARP Vampire: Masquerade.

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:41 PM
Oh, I do think there are defenses of Religion, and I am rather fond of Catholicism if not most mainstream Protestant churches. However, I do not think it is fair to argue that their is any scientific evidence to support a belief in God. You either feel God in the abyss of the soul or you don't.

I also think it is a hoot to argue about the brutality of the old testament. Catholics tend to tell you that they are just stories reflecting the culture of a different time, and are not to be taken literally. Crazy fundies however...

Thanks for allowing us to agree to disagree.

Things like this make me wish I'd taken more care in choosing my college courses and that I'd been in a more receptive state of mind back then. I really did enjoy theology and history especially when they were intertwined. Take the bible literally? Hell, many of the things Jesus said weren't meant to be taken literally. *shakes head at the fundies*

frumpleswift
5th September 06, 03:42 PM
I have friends from highschool who LARP Vampire: Masquerade.

I am ashamed to admit to a certain amount of LARPing when I was younger. What better place to meet hot psycho Goth chicks?

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:43 PM

Go for it, I'll jump into that thread. You might wanna include other geek games too online or off.

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:43 PM
I am ashamed to admit to a certain amount of LARPing when I was younger. What better place to meet hot psycho Goth chicks?

At the Renn Faire?

frumpleswift
5th September 06, 03:45 PM
Thanks for allowing us to agree to disagree.

Things like this make me wish I'd taken more care in choosing my college courses and that I'd been in a more receptive state of mind back then. I really did enjoy theology and history especially when they were intertwined. Take the bible literally? Hell, many of the things Jesus said weren't meant to be taken literally. *shakes head at the fundies*

Why the thanks? We are all (or some of us anywyas) resonable people. And like I said, I almost went to Catholic University to get a PhD in Church History. Then I came to my senses.

Actually a good friend (who is in the program) has been working on editing the new version of the English Catholic Bible. I've been trying to convince him to make a few changes for me. Like that part where it says that rabbits chew their cud. (He said there is actually a disclaimer in that passage...)

frumpleswift
5th September 06, 03:46 PM
At the Renn Faire?

Those are transitory at best. You can't really attend more than a few a year (unless yo uare my sister and organize them). SCA is a good alternative as well. And it tends to be more fun because you get to whack people with heavy sticks.

kungfujew
At the Renn Faire?

Giant turkey legs and ample busoms FTW!

kungfujew
Those are transitory at best. You can't really attend more than a few a year (unless yo uare my sister and organize them). SCA is a good alternative as well. And it tends to be more fun because you get to whack people with heavy sticks.

SCA women literally look like the orc women from WoW. No joking.

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:52 PM
Real Renn Rats know the turkey legs are dried out! Steak on a stick please. But the best food is at the Maryland Faire. Oysters and Ale in full garb FTW!

Kiko
5th September 06, 03:54 PM
Why the thanks? We are all (or some of us anywyas) resonable people. And like I said, I almost went to Catholic University to get a PhD in Church History. Then I came to my senses.

Actually a good friend (who is in the program) has been working on editing the new version of the English Catholic Bible. I've been trying to convince him to make a few changes for me. Like that part where it says that rabbits chew their cud. (He said there is actually a disclaimer in that passage...)

Thanks for not lumping ALL Christians together. Or all people of any sort really.

Er, you want rabbits to be kosher? Why?

kungfujew
5th September 06, 03:57 PM
Thanks for not lumping ALL Christians together. Or all people of any sort really.

Er, you want rabbits to be kosher? Why?

Just so the Jews can also have the pleasure of walking into a fancy French establishment, getting seated, and then looking the cute but possibly fragile waitress straight in the eye and saying:
"I'll have the bunnie."

Kiko
5th September 06, 04:02 PM
That's a damn good reason!

While you're at it, get ham thrown in there. I have a terrific and easy recipe for melt in your mouth pork loin roast.

kungfujew
5th September 06, 04:05 PM
That's a damn good reason!

While you're at it, get ham thrown in there. I have a terrific and easy recipe for melt in your mouth pork loin roast.

My dad made a mean pulled pork chile verde this weekend... mmm...
(bad Jew! BAD Jew!)

Kiko
5th September 06, 04:07 PM
Right, back to improving this place. A take out window!

kungfujew
5th September 06, 04:11 PM
Right, back to improving this place. A take out window!

With a rabbit hutch! An' I kan feed dem da alfalfa! When do I get to feed da rabbits, George?

Kiko
5th September 06, 04:12 PM
Hush and eat those raisins!

Phrost
5th September 06, 04:30 PM

Partly, but I sincerely do not want this place to be dominated by one point of view on any of the topics here. That breeds stagnation of thought and frail thinking for everyone involved, and creates a circle jerk/support group environment where people are insulated from criticism.

kungfujew
5th September 06, 04:53 PM
Partly, but I sincerely do not want this place to be dominated by one point of view on any of the topics here. That breeds stagnation of thought and frail thinking for everyone involved, and creates a circle jerk/support group environment where people are insulated from criticism.

Yay for genetic and intellectual diversity to keep the gene pool fresh!

Kiko
5th September 06, 05:00 PM
That's all well and good, but where you gonna find said meat? I did my best to lure, er.. coax.. um.. convince some of the old CTC crowd back.

ThaiBoxerShorts
5th September 06, 05:37 PM
I've tried to meet hot psycho goth chicks by inserting myself into activities that goth chicks are known to engage in. I only ever met one, and I totally did her. But the rest were fat, ugly, and thought that dressing slutty would magically make them hot. They were wrong. Very, very wrong.

These days, I'm more into geek chicks who dress like normal human beings. It's usually just as easy to get into their pants, they're not as psychotic, and random middle-aged black women don't ask me, "What's a nice-looking white boy like you doing with a girl who dresses like that?!"

(Yes, that actually happened once.)

ThaiBoxerShorts
5th September 06, 06:28 PM

More new topics though!
I don't know if you're including me in this assessment, but I'm actually a dyed-in-the-wool evangelican Lutheran who became an atheist later. Despite my complete and utter rejection of all things theological and/or spiritual, my wool is still dyed a lovely shade of evangelical Lutheran.

Kiko
5th September 06, 06:35 PM
I think I'm including anyone who not only has to prove, but beat those who have faith over the head with the viewpoint that... "I have proven there is no god. You can't prove there is. You're an utter moron for clinging to your illusions."

Perhaps dye-in-the-wool isn't what I was after, but more staunchly confirmed. Someone find some fundies or something. I won't argue with them, but I won't stop anyone else from it.

kungfujew
5th September 06, 06:41 PM
Yeah... I would definately describe myself as holier-than-thou in my platitudes against holiness.

Leodom
5th September 06, 09:15 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/God-kills-kitten.jpg/350px-God-kills-kitten.jpg

http://neildato.googlepages.com/domokungif.gif
Domo-kun are fun.

Cool, I don't like cats anyway.

Kungfoolss
6th September 06, 05:39 AM
You just want fresh meat. Anyone who's paying attention and has a clue and a brain isn't going to defend religion to you guys, because it's pointless. You're dyed in the wool atheists.

Yes, but not all atheists are lefties. Leftists - as this forum proves - just supplement one religion for another.

Kungfoolss
6th September 06, 05:49 AM
We need more Christians around here too. The kind that can make somewhat intelligent arguments about their position.

That hardly requires a belief in the 'All mighty' to do that. I've done that very same thing many times in the past adopting the position of the religious right to expose the emotional intolerance of the left. It's a fairly simple thing to do, have a greater command over the topic and keeping it within historical context, you then easily win the debate over the usual suspects here. Emotionalism, ignorance and profanity will only carry you so far.

kungfujew
6th September 06, 10:27 AM
Emotionalism, ignorance and profanity will only carry you so far.

It'll get you to the next filling station, right? Because my tank's running a little low on outrage and I really don't wanna get stuck out here...

Yiktin Voxbane
6th September 06, 12:09 PM
*Siphon* ....

kungfujew
6th September 06, 12:14 PM
*Siphon* ....

Nooo! My outrage! How can I rant about Islamo-fascism and yell about how Bush is a fascist pig now...
*sob*

Kiko
6th September 06, 04:17 PM
http://static.flickr.com/28/58182785_ea521818c7_m.jpg
The guy with the gong can help, but it's all tranquility.

kungfujew
6th September 06, 04:24 PM
http://static.flickr.com/28/58182785_ea521818c7_m.jpg
The guy with the gong can help, but it's all tranquility.

That's a great halloween costume.

Iscariot
7th September 06, 12:47 AM
Someone go to a crazy red-neck forum and invite some Creationists over. That'll be fun for a while, it'll be like giving MJS LSD and then letting him loose on MAP.

kungfujew
7th September 06, 12:52 AM
Someone go to a crazy red-neck forum and invite some Creationists over. That'll be fun for a while, it'll be like giving MJS LSD and then letting him loose on MAP.

I just wanna see MJS on LSD for shits and giggles!

Iscariot
7th September 06, 12:56 AM
I just wanna see MJS on LSD for shits and giggles!
Start a poll, see if the motion passes.

kungfujew
7th September 06, 12:58 AM
Start a poll, see if the motion passes.

We can slip it to him in his gerbers.

Iscariot
7th September 06, 01:01 AM
We can slip it to him in his gerbers.
Slip it in that free steak he's been after.

DAYoung
7th September 06, 04:41 AM
Emotionalism, ignorance and profanity will only carry you so far.

Fuck you, you fucking fuck, you've pissed me off, you're just like that Nazi Stalin.

Kungfoolss
7th September 06, 09:58 AM
Fuck you, you fucking fuck, you've pissed me off, you're just like that Nazi Stalin.

Stalin was a communist you retard.

kungfujew
7th September 06, 10:24 AM

Sarcasmotron appears to be malfunctioning... please recalibrate.

Kungfoolss
7th September 06, 11:30 AM
Sarcasmotron appears to be malfunctioning... please recalibrate.

The first half was sarcasm, the latter was pure stupidity. However, your unmitigated support of the idiotic is duly noted.

kungfujew
7th September 06, 11:34 AM
The first half was sarcasm, the latter was pure stupidity. However, your unmitigated support of the idiotic is duly noted.

I lend aid and comfort to the enemies of intelligence and coherency.

DAYoung
7th September 06, 02:56 PM

Was he? Are you sure? I've never heard this before.

You will note that the three points mirror your three complaints: emotionalism, profanity and ignorance.

Wicked coincidence.

frumpleswift
7th September 06, 03:15 PM
Was he? Are you sure? I've never heard this before.

You will note that the three points mirror your three complaints: emotionalism, profanity and ignorance.

Wicked coincidence.

Kungfoolss fails at teh Irony!

DAYoung
7th September 06, 03:50 PM
Kungfoolss fails at teh Irony!

Let's not say 'fail' - it's so pejorative. Let's call it a 'deferred pass'.

Kiko
7th September 06, 03:52 PM
Boooo! Political correctness FTL!!

ThaiBoxerShorts
7th September 06, 05:16 PM
So when are we going to start having Sociocide Throwdowns? Instead of style vs. style, we'll have atheists vs. religionists, liberals vs. conservatives, and everyone vs. MJS in full-contact cage fighting! How sweet would that be?

Phrost
7th September 06, 06:36 PM
In the grand tradition of CTC, Sociocide "Throwdowns" should feature drinking expensive tequila and insults. Loser has to lock themselves in the bathroom, crying, for 4 hours.

Kiko
7th September 06, 06:40 PM
Heee hee.. and I wasn't even there...
*giggle*

Kiko
7th September 06, 06:54 PM
Phrack? any chance we can bring back the shoutbox?

Yiktin Voxbane
7th September 06, 08:45 PM
In the grand tradition of CTC, Sociocide "Throwdowns" should feature drinking expensive tequila and insults. Loser has to lock themselves in the bathroom, crying, for 4 hours.

Yanno, I saw the comments made on someones account that new years..... disturbing (but Funny)

Phrost
7th September 06, 09:33 PM
Phrack? any chance we can bring back the shoutbox?

I fucking hated that thing. Maybe down the road if there's enough demand.

kungfujew
7th September 06, 11:44 PM
How do shoutbox?
whuzzat?

Steve
8th September 06, 12:13 AM
How do shoutbox?
whuzzat?

*shudders*

I can only imagine the havoc/hilarity that would cause...

And I'm only imagining this fabled 'shoutbox.'

Kiko
8th September 06, 06:38 AM
Realtime postable space where folks can put up a line or two between posts...
That way the general populace can be spared some of the banter that could have been sent via PMs.

But Mista Phrosty don't like it.. *sigh*

kungfujew
8th September 06, 11:22 AM
Realtime postable space where folks can put up a line or two between posts...
That way the general populace can be spared some of the banter that could have been sent via PMs.

But Mista Phrosty don't like it.. *sigh*

I can only imagine how that feature could go so wonderfully wrong... and besides without the inane banter, how would we rocket all these threads so horrendously off topic?

Kiko
8th September 06, 05:14 PM
Inane banter is infinite, my dear KFJ. We could prove that if we had a shoutbox..

DAYoung
9th September 06, 06:05 AM
I'm lazy.

What's a shoutbox?

Nate1481
9th September 06, 06:32 AM
I've been trying to get a few erm, out spoken, people I know to come here, especial the ones from the peace studies department

I like the shout box idea, some things get misses if you want to reply ot a small thing & have come late to a thread.
It would probably work best if it was expandable. Don't know if it's do able but you could have it so it only displacies at the 1st view then shrinks so it won't clog the tread, or only defult expands if it a reply to your post.

Kiko
9th September 06, 06:43 AM
If I recall, it was on the view main forums page only and was about half the size of the quick reply post.. enough for a line or two.

It's for bored campers, or folks who wanna say hi to someone else that's on at the moment and stuff like that.

Ouden
14th September 06, 06:08 PM
The shout box fucking sucked.

Phrost, do you want me to invite more Nazi's over this way or is two enough (well one and a half since I'm barely ever on lately)?

Phrost
14th September 06, 08:40 PM
I think you're all people can handle at the moment.

Stick
14th September 06, 10:30 PM
by all means, invite more nazis.

Oh, and change the color of the line between post and sig and the color of visited links so I can actually see them.

ICY
14th September 06, 10:38 PM
WTF is going on with the colour scheme? Also, my rep all disappeared, and I mean, sure I didn't earn it, but fuck.

Stick
14th September 06, 11:52 PM
Oh wow, I actually see the line now! But what about a link

A link? (http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/today.html)

Nope, still can't see a link I've visited.

Steve
15th September 06, 12:06 AM
Oh wow, I actually see the line now! But what about a link

A link? (http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/today.html)

Nope, still can't see a link I've visited.

Nice link.

You coulda done this (http://suicidegirls.com/), ya know...

Stick
15th September 06, 12:30 AM
Yeah, but I'm not a pretentious attention whore.

Steve
15th September 06, 01:00 AM

True.

And that's the thing that I love about Biel's toungue.

WarPhalange
15th September 06, 02:36 AM
This place is in sore need of relevant posters, I just got finished dealing with a Bullshido retard named, poop Loops. Obviously, his mother missed her meeting with Planned Parenthood with their abortion policy and now we're stuck with a halfwit, quasi-intellectual.

Hopefully, he's gay or hasn't had a chance to breed.

"Dealing with"? I wouldn't call you getting up and leaving half way through giving me a blowjob "dealing with" me. You need to finish the job, first.

ICY
15th September 06, 03:29 AM
PooPWNED!

DAYoung
15th September 06, 05:08 AM

True. You're not pretentious at all.

Stick
15th September 06, 10:15 AM
Point, I am an attention whore.

Ouden
15th September 06, 11:29 AM
I think you're all people can handle at the moment.

Cool deal. Not entirely sure how many would come over. Could be either disappointing or entirely too much until the membership grows a bit as far as viewpoints.

Stick
15th September 06, 12:51 PM
Yeah.... right now there are maybe 20 people that post on sociocide- we have work to do.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 01:39 PM
Good god! Can we get rid of this atrocious white and grey diagonal stripe thing?

It's making my eyes bleed.

Shawarma
15th September 06, 02:17 PM
Thumbs up for the new forum logo - the furries in the old one were making my eyes bleed.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 02:19 PM
Ah, much better, the bleeding has stopped.

Phrost
15th September 06, 02:34 PM
Good god! Can we get rid of this atrocious white and grey diagonal stripe thing?

It's making my eyes bleed.

Internet Explorer :(

Firefox actually reads CSS correctly.

WarPhalange
15th September 06, 02:35 PM
I really like this black background. It's easy on the eyes.

EDIT: I remember when I had my C++ class, I made the background to the MS Visual C++ thing black with altered letters to make everything easier. The teacher didn't like it and got confused, though, whenever I asked him to help with my code. :(

Iscariot
15th September 06, 02:35 PM
Internet Explorer :(

Firefox actually reads CSS correctly.
This new layout is plenty pretty, will this be staying for the foreseeable?

Phrost
15th September 06, 02:36 PM
Yep, especially since I've spent 20 manhours screwing with the site in the last few days and I've still got stuff to do.

Phrost
15th September 06, 02:39 PM
I totally stole the color scheme from this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KW8DRSvEoQ

WarPhalange
15th September 06, 04:18 PM
It's a good thing you didn't steal the music from that video. Disturbed sucks.

Kiko
15th September 06, 04:20 PM
Interesting remake of Genesis' original. Who's the band in this one?
Ah, thanks, PL. Had I waited one more moment...
So you stole red and black from all that? Or the design for the S?

Phrost
15th September 06, 04:21 PM
Disturbed didn't write the song.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 04:21 PM
It's a good thing you didn't steal the music from that video. Disturbed sucks.
Disturbed rule, and you know it. Bitch.

EDIT: Does this mean we'll be seeing a 'Disturbed One' avatar in the new site Phrost. :D Just thought I'd add to the work.

WarPhalange
15th September 06, 05:05 PM
Disturbed didn't write the song.

Their singer sucks. That's all I know. The rest of the band isn't so hot, either.

They try to be metal, but just enough to still stay mainstream.

Dark Helmet
15th September 06, 05:08 PM
God I can read things more clearly now.Noice color scheme.Reminds of a Waffen SS uniform.

Kiko
15th September 06, 05:11 PM
Phrost, did Ouden pay you or something?

Nate1481
15th September 06, 05:57 PM
can you put the line between the post and the sig back, or put the favorite quote first, its to easy to keep reading on at the moment

Phrost
15th September 06, 07:24 PM
I'll make it thicker, but it's there.

I'm actually thinking about a similar scheme for Bullshido, only with the Orange.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 07:30 PM
Can we have the New Thread system ported to Bullshido as well?

Having threads not appear on the New Posts screen after they've been read helps greatly, so does the little icon that tells me what threads I've already posted on.

EDIT: What is that awful avatar I have? Has it picked up my Bullshido settings and assigned that to me? Because I've tried to change it and all I can see in the Sociocide avatar list is a sea of pretty red Xs.

ThaiBoxerShorts
15th September 06, 07:36 PM
The new layout doesn't work at all in Safari (Apple's proprietary web browser for OSX, for the uninitiated). Nothing aligns properly, and the text is black-on-black. It works fine in Firefox, but I use Safari 95% of the time and it's kind of annoying to fire up a different browser just for Sociocide.

Just a heads-up. I can provide screenshots of the fucked-upness, if it would help.

Phrost
15th September 06, 07:43 PM
Can we have the New Thread system ported to Bullshido as well?

Having threads not appear on the New Posts screen after they've been read helps greatly, so does the little icon that tells me what threads I've already posted on.

EDIT: What is that awful avatar I have? Has it picked up my Bullshido settings and assigned that to me? Because I've tried to change it and all I can see in the Sociocide avatar list is a sea of pretty red Xs.
Yeah, still a few bugs.

The new layout doesn't work at all in Safari (Apple's proprietary web browser for OSX, for the uninitiated). Nothing aligns properly, and the text is black-on-black. It works fine in Firefox, but I use Safari 95% of the time and it's kind of annoying to fire up a different browser just for Sociocide.

Just a heads-up. I can provide screenshots of the fucked-upness, if it would help.

Screw Safari. We code for FF, then IE. No time to pursue a browser that has a tiny fraction of the marketshare and I'm not buying a Mac any time soon.

Iscariot
15th September 06, 07:52 PM
That's OK then, if you know about it then it'll be fixed, I can suffer til then.

Phrost
15th September 06, 07:57 PM
You could always become a supporting member and add your own avatar...

Iscariot
15th September 06, 08:02 PM
You could always become a supporting member and add your own avatar...
That was very subtley done Phrost, have you ever thought about a career in sales?

One day when I have a job I will, but being an unemployed student doesn't pay well. Though when my loan comes through I may cut back on the beer and do it that way.

Phrost
15th September 06, 08:43 PM
That was very subtley done Phrost, have you ever thought about a career in sales?
I'm a Sales Engineer/Executive.

Lights Out
16th September 06, 09:06 PM
What about making the srtike/crosstext/whatever tags work?

Phrost
16th September 06, 09:08 PM
On the list.

Lights Out
16th September 06, 09:10 PM
OK, thanks.

I was going nuts trying to figure them out [s][strike][cross][crosstext]...

WarPhalange
16th September 06, 10:13 PM
Is there any way to use HTML tags? I thought about doing that, but I'm way to
<strike>lazy</strike> busy to do that.

EDIT: Guess not.

Yeah, I really fucked that up now.

Phrost
16th September 06, 10:31 PM
Please put all additions/mod requests in the thread in the support forum.

Kiko
16th September 06, 10:34 PM
These headings over the main listing... "Thread / Thread Starter - Last Post - Replies - Views - Forum" need one less tab or whatever. They don't line up properly..not that anyone pays attention, right?

Nate1481
18th September 06, 08:54 PM
These headings over the main listing... "Thread / Thread Starter - Last Post - Replies - Views - Forum" need one less tab or whatever. They don't line up properly..not that anyone pays attention, right?

Its been like that on BS for ages seems to happen with certain resolutions in firefox.

Iscariot
18th September 06, 09:09 PM
It's the same on IE, I just got over it.

AAAhmed46
22nd September 06, 11:51 PM
Will we have our own Trollshido?

Steve
23rd September 06, 12:29 AM
Will we have our own Trollshido?

I think that the Staging Ground is our version of Trollshido, at least for the moment.

WarPhalange
23rd September 06, 03:37 AM
I thought this whole message board was Trollshido?

Steve
23rd September 06, 05:46 AM
I thought this whole message board was Trollshido?

If you don't know, then we all won't know.

Phrost
23rd September 06, 08:18 AM
CTC is the Trollshido of this site.

Staging Ground is for new threads made in earnest for the discussions here.

Kiko
23rd September 06, 08:28 AM
Can you put the
Home | Forums | New Posts | Search | Site Map
links at the bottom with the

Previous Thread | Next Thread
links?

Phrost
23rd September 06, 08:46 AM
Yeah.

Phrost
23rd September 06, 08:47 AM
Testtsetasehttp://www.sociocide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6316&stc=1&d=1159019254

nunchuckbarbarian.jpg
blabla blab abla bla

Iscariot
7th October 06, 12:14 PM
Some n00b brought up a valid point, can we have an option on the search function that allows it to search both Bullshido and Sociocide at the same time?

Tef-the-Persian
10th October 06, 11:38 AM
Why do we have BJJ Blue Belt/Purple Belt tags again? I guess to me, if I see someone spouting offf about Physics I am much less likely to challenge them if they actually have a degree in physics. Then again I've known idiots who argued with mathematicians about math, so what the hell do I know.

For history PHDs, you have to read 50-100 books or so to get a PHD. This does not mean you know everything about history. Fields are big. Argumentation is possible.

The only feature I want is a post history button so I can check replies on posts I've made.

DAYoung
10th October 06, 04:15 PM
For history PHDs, you have to read 50-100 books or so to get a PHD. This does not mean you know everything about history. Fields are big. Argumentation is possible.

The only feature I want is a post history button so I can check replies on posts I've made.

It's the other skills that make the difference: precision in research, knowledge of the debates in methodology and method, skill in formulating evidence into an integrated whole. Of course, a few well-evidenced facts are helpful, but the process of educated synthesis is the key skill (which is often lacking in laypeople).

WarPhalange
10th October 06, 10:00 PM
When people argue something about math or science with a Ph.D., it's usually something undergrad related. Like "do 1 = 0.9...?"

Or, they could try to argue stuff about very obscure and untested theories (like String Theory), even though they have no idea what it's really about.

But that's what the Neg Rep button is for.

DAYoung
10th October 06, 11:02 PM
When people argue something about math or science with a Ph.D., it's usually something undergrad related. Like "do 1 = 0.9...?"

By the way, I had a chat to a philosopher of logic and mathematics about this. His immediate answer was 'yes'. He explained it quite simply (much more compelling than the proofs, which we also discussed).

Iscariot
12th November 06, 01:48 PM
Why have my religion and politics headers disappeared?

Question!
12th November 06, 03:19 PM
Just go to your control panel and type it again.

With regards to improving this site, how about modifying it so logging in to Bullshido automatically logs you in to Sociocide as well? I think a lot of people on Bullshido don't post here as much as the previous General BS section because they have to log in again (it takes a lot of energy!) even though all Bullshido members by default have a Sociocide account but just don't use it.

Iscariot
12th November 06, 03:56 PM
A test.

Edit: Excellent it works again. Still, why did we lose them in the first place?

Question!
12th November 06, 04:05 PM
I don't know... also when I post in CTC, it doesn't show.

Kiko
13th November 06, 08:43 AM
Logging in takes time/energy? I've given up checking the "remember me" box and type in all the info each time... I don't know WHY, but something keeps me coming back....

Iscariot
28th November 06, 04:01 AM
Can we have a link to Bullshido in the link bar at the top, link we do to Sociocide on Bullshido. I'm lazy and don't want to go into my bookmarks to change back between the boards.

Phrost
29th November 06, 01:32 AM
Naa. Would look ugly. Just use Firefox's ability to drag pages to the bookmarks toolbar.