PDA

View Full Version : This Forum is Worthless

Halfrican
28th April 06, 02:24 PM
Most of these posts belong in the Whatever forum, or in the Review forum, this forum is unnecessary and should be deleted.

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
28th April 06, 03:49 PM
Your worthless too, but havent been deleted yet either.

Kiko
28th April 06, 04:02 PM
Ka-zing!

Attention Whore
28th April 06, 06:03 PM
Your worthless too, but havent been deleted yet either.

I'm sure I could form a response to this, but I don't even know who you are.

Phrost
28th April 06, 07:33 PM
You have to keep in mind that while a single forum with a broad range of topics works when you have maybe 20-30 active members, it's a major clusterfuck when you've got several hundred per day.

The overall topic of the site is society and culture. The "entertainment" topic is consequently split between two forums (Geekdom and this one).

Forums will be created or merged based on need, with regards to the theme of the site.

Xioxou
28th April 06, 10:25 PM
it's a major clusterfuck when you've got several hundred per day. Lemme know when that happens.

Phrost
29th April 06, 01:03 AM
Currently Active Users: 630 (117 members and 513 guests)

As of 1 AM CST on Bullshido.

Xioxou
29th April 06, 01:35 PM
I'm saying this forum will never reach that number.

Phrost
29th April 06, 01:43 PM
Considering the userbase is going to be directly copied over, you assume wrong.

Energiser
1st May 06, 10:06 AM
when is that going to happen?

also, why do i keep seeing (42) viewing CTC section?

as if we have that many people actively looking at it in the last 3 years.

Phrost
1st May 06, 10:31 PM
Search engine spiders/bots. Major changes in site navigation increases search engines crawling the site. We had 250+ on yesterday.

Olorin
1st August 06, 02:42 PM
I'm saying this forum will never reach that number.

You guys are going to see a lot of Bullshido people coming over to post political, religious, movie, and TV related stuff. A ton of what currently goes on the General BS forum could go here just as easily. Plus just wait until campaign season gets going. We had a very active politics forum.

mrblackmagic
1st August 06, 03:49 PM
And yet most of them still post in the General B.S. and oops for get to repost here.

BackFistMonkey
1st August 06, 03:53 PM
Did we just eat an excisting site ?

Olorin
1st August 06, 05:33 PM
Did we just eat an excisting site ?

Burp...

Yiktin Voxbane
1st August 06, 11:37 PM
Could look at it from the other side of the coin ... our 7 year old community just ate your community .....

What does it matter as we now all gather here together.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st August 06, 11:44 PM
Age doesn't matter, size does. We are the larger forum.

P.S. 2006 - 1998 = 8 lol

BackFistMonkey
2nd August 06, 12:17 AM
Could look at it from the other side of the coin ... our 7 year old community just ate your community .....

What does it matter as we now all gather here together.

Amen ...

So ... uhhh ... how does(do ? I am never sure what form to use here ) a couple thousand Martial Artist taste ?

Yiktin Voxbane
2nd August 06, 12:46 AM
Delicious ....

/Burp.

Losing a much Loved board always hurts, hell this is the 3rd incarnation of the old EQ site that started as a Gamespy board ( Till the Galladrielle incident... until that time they didnt even know they were hosting us).

I Don't care what name we go by, I don't care if my incessant blathering upsets / offends people .... I am not here for your entertainment , I am here because I have grown accustomed to the posters ands Moderators (Even dEzmond) and until these people , whose faces I have become accustomed to , leaves then I will continue to post here regardless of Name / Political stance / fighting style / Love of D&D / the ability to use the term Penisknuckle in every post .....

It's new and slightly uncomfortable... just like new shoes.

Like new shoes though ... 9 / 10 times the shoe and the wearer learn to accomodate one another in a symbiotic relationship .

Like new shoes though ...... Sometimes ya snap a shoelace or wear through a sole or even (God Forbid) snap a heel.

This is yik....signing off .... wondering am I now a shoe-fetishist ......

:EDIT: Ficksed a type-0:END EDIT:

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd August 06, 12:51 AM
If this is a preview of the rest of the userbase, I'm going to confine myself to Bullshido.

Yiktin Voxbane
2nd August 06, 12:56 AM
Don't tar them with my brush.

I am an odd Gnome, if that troubles you, I believe you can block me :)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd August 06, 01:00 AM
So you're a furry? Someone get the Internet Fuhrer on the phone.

BackFistMonkey
2nd August 06, 02:25 AM
So you're a furry? Someone get the Internet Fuhrer on the phone.

I don't think gnomes are furries ... I couldn't give you any official view point on it but D&D/Tolkien aren't usualy " furry " .

If this is a preview of the rest of the userbase, I'm going to confine myself to Bullshido

I don't know I kinda like it here . I have three friends who are signing up ... well if you count the wife as a friend .

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd August 06, 03:10 AM
If your wife is your friend, you're a huge loser. Like, a loser of Yitkin Voxbane proportions.

Kiko
2nd August 06, 06:38 AM
Weren't you gonna stay on that Bullshido forum because of us?

I would do the same, except we don't have that option.. you're simply here, supposedly to save this place. Like Twytch/Yik says, it'll take time. If you think he's a loser, you've got rocks in your head. Wait until you meet some of our really special ones.

Is it any wonder I've been lurking? This place is a MESS now!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd August 06, 07:13 AM
You bet we saved this place. You guys were on the path to Hell, with your drug abuse and sexual misconduct. We put you back on the straight and narrow.

You can thank us later. In Heaven.

Kiko
2nd August 06, 07:17 AM
It was fun while it lasted. Where's Doc? I miss those bats he used to have with him.... *sigh*

Veldriss
2nd August 06, 08:13 AM
I don't see much evidence of 'saving' so far. Glad to see you've climbed back aboard though Kiko!

Phrost
2nd August 06, 08:24 AM
CTC was always at its best when everyone was at each others throats anyway.

We've gone from 1 post a day back to 30 or so and it's climbing.

For the record, GBS on Bullshido is going to be closed for off topic posts fairly soon and it's going to actually be about General Bullshit, as in non-martial arts fraud, stupid beliefs, scams, etc. We're just not enforcing it that hard while we clean up the random bugs and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Kiko
2nd August 06, 10:19 AM
I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week. But I'm willing to be patient with the whole process.

Phrost
2nd August 06, 10:21 AM
Considering there was neither quantity or quality a few months ago...

Kiko
2nd August 06, 10:28 AM
Right, we'll suffer with quantity for a while until the novelty wears off ;)

Seriously, thanks for all the effort. This place really is special to us.

Phrost
2nd August 06, 10:33 AM
That's the point: to keep it alive and kicking. We've already been discusing this kind of stuff for years, now we just have a theme to go with it and a few thousand people who are interested in those topics.

Nate1481
2nd August 06, 08:36 PM
Losing a much Loved board always hurts, hell this is the 3rd incarnation of the old EQ site that started as a Gamespy board ( Till the Galladrielle incident... until that time they didnt even know they were hosting us).

Galladrielle incident? Dare we ask what that was?

Phrost
2nd August 06, 09:56 PM
It was the Kela thing, not Galladrielle, that killed the original CTC.

Kela cried "rape" after shacking up with a dweeby internet gamer, in exchange for in-game treasure or something. Then apparently changed her mind after they had sex, with her being less than enthusiastic about it.

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and then Ouden, the resident white supremacist, reported all of this to Gamespy (who were hosting the site) and they were like "wtf" because they didn't even know they were hosting the forums.

A few weeks later, everything came up again, and this is the forum that forms the base for Sociocide.

Olorin
2nd August 06, 11:33 PM
Right, we'll suffer with quantity for a while until the novelty wears off ;)

Seriously, thanks for all the effort. This place really is special to us.

I think that Bullshido has a lot of good and entertaining posters. I do not know how I would feel if Bullshido merged with a larger forum and all of a sudden we had new moderatos, posters, and threads. I hope that you guys will find that we are beneficial to your site. We may be a bunch of martial artists (http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1987/cat/506) but we also like to talk about politics, pop-culture, video games, movies, and the rest. We have people who are interested in almost any topic you can think of. I really hope that you guys will welcome us onto your site.

Xioxou
3rd August 06, 02:41 AM
What did we even post about on the old site? Besides EQ? I can't think of a single post besides the one that ended it that wasn't about EQ.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd August 06, 04:37 AM
Does "EQ" stand for "EverQuest" or "home EQuity loans"?

It better not be EverQuest.

Phrost
3rd August 06, 07:59 AM
What did we even post about on the old site? Besides EQ? I can't think of a single post besides the one that ended it that wasn't about EQ.

Are you kidding?

You don't remember the arguments about Bush vs. Gore in 2000 (I supported Gore)?

Or the Creation vs. Evolution threads?

Or the anti-mexican racial slurs you tried using against my Korean now-ex wife?

Most of the threads were about EQ, but people got so used to debating the politics of that retarded game that it spilled over and by the time the switch happened, in 01 or 02, nobody was really playing the game anyway so the topic just switched to real politics.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd August 06, 08:19 AM
Phrost played EverQuest?

like... seriously?

Kiko
3rd August 06, 04:51 PM
No, for fun.. who plays games seriously? Well, besides Chinese Farmers. Oke, and maybe people in competitions.

There were LOTS of fun things unrelated to EQ on CTC. A very amusing site. Enough that we stayed there long after we stopped playing. To all you Bullshido folks who are willing to accept it.. I offer you a Laurel and Hearty Handshake!
http://www.madeline-kahn.com/Captures/bs032.jpg

Veldriss
3rd August 06, 05:07 PM
Lovin' the way you worked that in there Keeks!

Phrost
3rd August 06, 07:08 PM
Phrost played EverQuest?

like... seriously?

You must have missed the 5+ times I've posted that bit of trivia over the years.

I played for a while, mainly 99-2000 when I was in the Army.

Kela
3rd August 06, 11:54 PM
Xioxou was 100% serious when she posted this guyzz!!!! lolzl11!!1!1one!1

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th August 06, 12:10 AM
You must have missed the 5+ times I've posted that bit of trivia over the years.

I played for a while, mainly 99-2000 when I was in the Army.

18/f rogue looking for bf

G-G-G Ghost!
4th August 06, 07:45 AM
So... is Phrack like a different version of Phrost??

Olorin
4th August 06, 10:52 AM
So... is Phrack like a different version of Phrost??

Ha, Phrost has multiple accounts. BAN HIM!!!