PDA

View Full Version : Hostel

Halfrican
10th January 06, 05:28 PM
Going to see this now, hope it's good! I'll post what I think when I get back, I'm only really starting this topic because nobody posts here anymore and I like to type!

Derreck
10th January 06, 05:55 PM
That movie looks super fucked up. I want to go see it and be horrified, like Saw.

Kiko
10th January 06, 06:03 PM
The ads for this thing make me cringe. Hope it's all you guys want it to be.. *boggle*

Cilumbik
10th January 06, 06:04 PM
This movie sucks

deadcat
10th January 06, 06:26 PM
Yeah its actually kinda tame.

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
10th January 06, 06:35 PM
looks pretty disturbing

Halfrican
10th January 06, 08:38 PM
The violence was great, but really...Texas Chainsaw Massacre and even The Passion are just as bad. Story was kind of weak, it's a little too far fetched, especially with how many people are in on it. The beginning of the movie was really slow, but the ending made up for it.

I'd wait for it to come out on DVD, it's above average, but not quite worth your $9.

Hard to say anything without ruining it for anybody, I'll ruin it next week.

Kwill
12th January 06, 03:22 PM
Apparently Wolf Mountain is more disgusting according to the reviewers.

I don't do horror movies so I can't say if that's true or not. I couldn't even sit through the 1000 previews of Hostel on SpikeTV, let alone see the entire movie.

And I still have more rep than Plexor.

Buzman
12th January 06, 03:43 PM
Who's this Kwill person? Are you new here?

Kumlain
12th January 06, 04:12 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (New release) is probably the worst fucking movie I have ever seen in my entire life and everytime I think about the two-ish hours I wasted watching it I pity myself and contemplate a bloody and horrific suicide with a note that states clearly:
"MAKE BETTER FUCKING MOVIES AND CHILDREN WILL LIVE!"

Kwill
13th January 06, 11:18 AM
Who's this Kwill person? Are you new here?

Yes, I am new here. Someone told me that this was a fun place to come and just be yourself surrounded by gentle, kindly intarweb friends.

Coldelf-Talons
13th January 06, 01:24 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (New release) is probably the worst fucking movie I have ever seen in my entire life and everytime I think about the two-ish hours I wasted watching it I pity myself and contemplate a bloody and horrific suicide with a note that states clearly:
"MAKE BETTER FUCKING MOVIES AND CHILDREN WILL LIVE!"

Obviously you have never seen the following movies: Punch Drunk Love, Blair Witch Project, Napolean Dynomite, and Cabin Fever.

You would know these are the worst movies ever made.

Derreck
13th January 06, 01:47 PM
All those movies are good, Coldelf. Clearly you are a goddamn borscht-sipping commie.

Jimatra
13th January 06, 03:36 PM
I thought the Warsaw Pact dissolved!?

Hurricane Aegien
13th January 06, 03:42 PM
I haven't seen a movie in a theater in over 2 years.

Any suggestions?

Veldriss
13th January 06, 06:40 PM
Konnnng!

Failing that..brokeback mountain? :p

Kiko
13th January 06, 07:02 PM
Haven't seen either, but I'm glad they didn't combine them, Veldy.:eek:

Oh, Kwill, it wasn't Phleg that gave you that info about this place, was it?:tongue:

Phleg
13th January 06, 07:52 PM
No, I deceived her about it.

Halfrican
13th January 06, 10:14 PM
I second Veldriss, Aeg if you want to be impressed, KONG!!!!

Voompa
13th January 06, 11:46 PM
In the past three weeks, I've seen King Kong, Brokeback Mountain, Good Night and Good Luck, Syriana and Jarhead. All pretty good.

GrimwoodCT
15th January 06, 02:56 AM
In the past three weeks, I've seen King Kong, Brokeback Mountain, Good Night and Good Luck, Syriana and Jarhead. All pretty good.

I heard Cilumbik was the stunt ass in Brokeback.

Cilumbik
15th January 06, 04:11 AM
Its hard to understand you anymore. Seeing as I have no Idea who you are.

Veldriss
15th January 06, 10:07 AM
Look at that! He's flailing, he's struggling...oh nos! He drowned himself!

Buzman
16th January 06, 01:14 PM
See The Ringer, that was pretty funny.

Energiser
17th January 06, 09:34 PM
Its hard to understand you anymore. Seeing as I have no Idea who you are.

bahahaha.

LOLOL, ROFLPOOT.

Merauk
17th January 06, 10:35 PM
I've seen King Kong / Good Night and Good Luck

Recently saw both of these and was disappointed. I didn't expect a ton from King Kong but was really disappointed in Good Night & Good Luck.

King Kong as reviewed by The Rauk - The ape represents the negro and his desire to have our white women. White men enslave the ape and destroy it though showing that race mixing is wrong and will be punished, and that whites are greater then blacks. In a bit of irony one of the lead white men is played by Jack Black. Overall I give this move 2.5 lynched negro's.

Good Night & Good Luck - Was a movie about white men when America was good and strong. The main positive about the movie was it did not involve guys sucking each others dick or packing fudge. It showed a good white man and good white woman being married and living under God. What I didn't like about the movie is how it glorified the Jewish media and was soft on Communisim. I can't give this move more then 1 lynched negro and it is only getting that because it does not advance the homosexual agenda.

vilesoul
24th January 06, 05:45 AM
Saw Hostel last night.

Decent movie, the plot had enough twists in the normal Tarantino style...his directing was great, and so were the various displays of boobage throughout the movie.

What was dissapointing was the gore...or should I say the tame gore. I only cringed in one scene....this is just unnacceptable. I go to movies like this to feel totally grossed out. SAW was far superior in this aspect.

Later, when I can either find a theater showing it, or a DVD of it when it comes out...time to see if Wolf Creek delivers where this fell short.

Basically if you want a gory, but not intensely gory movie with lots of twists, this is it....but if you want a movie so gory that it makes you wonder how people can be so fucked in the head to even make a scene like that...this is not. Basically the gore was overhyped.

Cybsled
24th January 06, 07:59 AM
Decent movie, the plot had enough twists in the normal Tarantino style...his directing was great

Psst...Tarantino didnt direct it!

He's working on some kung-fu movie.

Derreck
24th January 06, 01:42 PM
Director was Eli Roth, the guy who did Cabin Fever (big surprise there) and apparently somewhat the protege of David "I Make This Shit Crazy" Lynch.

Halfrican
24th January 06, 05:27 PM
I found this more disturbing than Hostel.

http://svc087.bri7h.webmetrix.com.au/shopimages/r28.jpg

Riddeck
25th January 06, 12:48 AM
Saw Hostel last night.

Decent movie, the plot had enough twists in the normal Tarantino style...his directing was great, and so were the various displays of boobage throughout the movie.

What was dissapointing was the gore...or should I say the tame gore. I only cringed in one scene....this is just unnacceptable. I go to movies like this to feel totally grossed out. SAW was far superior in this aspect.

Later, when I can either find a theater showing it, or a DVD of it when it comes out...time to see if Wolf Creek delivers where this fell short.

Basically if you want a gory, but not intensely gory movie with lots of twists, this is it....but if you want a movie so gory that it makes you wonder how people can be so fucked in the head to even make a scene like that...this is not. Basically the gore was overhyped.

Only part of Saw...well, I will not count the first movie, cause they could have done without the first movie and the second would have been a decent stand alone movie, if they gave, like, 15 mins to talk about what happened in the first one..but anyways..part II...the only part that made me cringe was the needle pit.

I mean..one time I poked my finger on my gramma's insulin needle. I am not weak stomached or willed, but I almost lost it all right then and there.

Derreck
25th January 06, 02:01 AM
Riddeck, you are SO crazy. First Saw was SO much better than the second!

Riddeck
26th January 06, 03:34 AM
Riddeck, you are SO crazy. First Saw was SO much better than the second!

Carey Elwes RUINED that movie for me. His acting was SO hideous.

All I am saying is that IF they had used the second movie, as a first, with scenes from the first one, and a lil more backround, 1 fairly great movie could have came out.

When I went to see Saw, in the theaters...near the end, when Danny Glover (WTF?) was chasing him shooting...some man in the audience yells out "RIGGS!", and the entire theater chuckled.

Gah.

vilesoul
28th January 06, 11:09 PM
I stand corrected about the director.

Yeah, the first Saw was just nuts...and it left me thinking it was a damn good flick as well as making me feel like a bad person for liking it (my measure for a truly good gore flick).

Riddeck
29th January 06, 03:30 AM
I stand corrected about the director.

Yeah, the first Saw was just nuts...and it left me thinking it was a damn good flick as well as making me feel like a bad person for liking it (my measure for a truly good gore flick).

The acting was SO terrible though! Totally took away from what the movie could have, and should have been! Which is why I stand by my two movies combining to make one theory.

Now we will prolly have to deal with a Saw III...then a Saw Trilogy Box Set.

Hate!

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
3rd May 06, 06:07 PM
Saw it a few weeks ago on dvd.

It ain't too bad, the violence is mostly under-stated, but the psychological effects are pretty disturbing... it made me feel similar to the brain scenes in Hanibal.

If you liked saw/hanibal you may like Hostel.

Oh yeah, lots of b00bs.

Derreck
8th May 06, 01:46 AM
I just saw this, and it's about the goriest thing I have ever fucking seen, you people are out of your domes. And it wasn't like Hollywood gore, it was some seriously realistic shit. Which, I think, is what made it worse.

So yeah, maybe Carpenter flicks have more goo flung about, but you get the sense that when you cut two of your fingers off with a chainsaw, maybe that's really what it looks like.

Yiktin Voxbane
8th May 06, 03:27 AM
There is a line in a TISM song

"I Like Tarrantino
but sometimes ya gotta wonder..."

Seems like mebbe its applicable here :)