PDA

View Full Version : Music of the week yada yada

Traetick
21st August 05, 03:21 PM
Ok just downloaded the torrent for the new arch enemy cd "Doomsday Machine" and all i can say is WOW. So much guitar and drum work its insane. And of course sticking true with arch enemys sound they throw in alot of the cool melodic licks as well. I suggest picking this one up. Also you may enjoy....

Arch Enemy - Nemesis
Killswitch Engage - Rose of Sharyn
Killswitch Engage - The element of one
Still Remains - White Walls
Within Temptation - Angels

All those listed above are singles not albums.

Nikalos_2
21st August 05, 09:43 PM
Clutch - Blast Tyrant
The Best of Taj Mahal
Ice Cube - The Predator
Dickey Betts - Highway Call

Yiktin Voxbane
21st August 05, 11:46 PM
the last 2 weeks or so, been listening to an experimental piece.

90 mins of a square note, with some Brain-Damaged Homeless people hooting and trying to do spoken word as lyrics.

Quite catchy .....

Riddeck
22nd August 05, 01:34 AM
Clutch - All, mostly Pure Rock Fury, though, how can you argue with Blast Tyrant. I have not had a chance with the New Album yet, which annoys me, but I will remedy that this week.

Opeth- Ghost Reveries....new album, drops the 30th..same day as Coldplay concert here outside of Detroit...great great great shit. I do not like it as much as Deliverance, or My Arms, Your Hearse...but it is great.

Misc...nothing too new, Remedy by Seether has me by the balls a lil bit.

I am sure one of my mates will have or have talked about the new Arch Enemy, so I may hear that before the week is done.

Xioxou
22nd August 05, 04:24 AM
Band Name Only Cool People Know About - Song Name Divined Through Fridge Magnets.

Paragraph about how I'm so much cooler than the average audiophile, my band of choice is so very hip, and all the bands that they sound like - but are way cooler than.

Eloco
22nd August 05, 06:07 AM
Take 2 midol and call me in the morning - My threads are cool and yours are not.

Energiser
22nd August 05, 09:39 AM
monkey monkey monkey!

deadcat
22nd August 05, 09:54 AM
Band Name Only Cool People Know About - Song Name Divined Through Fridge Magnets.

Paragraph about how I'm so much cooler than the average audiophile, my band of choice is so very hip, and all the bands that they sound like - but are way cooler than.
+1

Buzman
22nd August 05, 10:04 AM

Xioxou wins the thread. Reading the first two posts I was just thinking "I've never even heard of these wankers". Well except Ice Cube.

Nikalos_2
22nd August 05, 04:45 PM
Xioxou wins the thread. Reading the first two posts I was just thinking "I've never even heard of these wankers". Well except Ice Cube.

Dickey Betts was the guitarist for The Allman Brothers Band... he wrote damn near all their hits. If he read these boards, he would come down to where you live(Perhaps he'll be heading Southbound?), smash a Cordizon D bottle on your face (Because thats what a Ramblin' Man does), keep the neck, and play the most beautiful Ge-tar solo (Jessica) you will ever hear in your life.(But not for you, only In the Memory of Elizabeth Reed)

Veldriss
22nd August 05, 06:00 PM
I like the music threads. They throw up things which I often end up really enjoying. Lots of American bands aren't readily accessible in the UK, or if they are, aren't exactly promoted in the same way as Britney Spears / Jessica Simpson and their equally boring cookie-cutter ilk. I love music, anything which facilitates widening my tastes gets the Veldy seal of approval. And hell, it sure beats a religion thread.

Anyway..

Oasis - The Importance of Being Idle
Jamiroquai - Seven Days in Sunny June
Mylo - Doctor Pressure
The Magic Numbers - Love me like you
Gorillaz ft Sean Ryder - Dare
Franz Ferdinand - Do you want to?

Coldplay + Richard Ashcroft - Bittersweet Symphony (Live at Live8)

And for old times' sake:

Default - Wasting my time
Bush - Mouth

Irbanoz
22nd August 05, 09:01 PM
Brand New Sin - Black And Blue

:x

Xioxou
22nd August 05, 10:13 PM
Dickey Betts
Oh, I know who he is. And Jessica is in my top 10 of best guitar songs ever. I was mearly reminding everyone of the format for these threads. I was just too lazy to make drop down menus.

Oh, and I like Steve Martin's Ramblin' Man better :p Man, guy, whatever.

Knodis
23rd August 05, 09:54 AM
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
Green Day - Wake me up When September Ends
Simply Red, Sly & Robbie remix - Night Nurse
Hollywood Beyond - Whats the color of money
Rob Thomas - Lonely No More (Acoustic Version)

December
23rd August 05, 01:00 PM
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
John Petrucci - Suspended Animation
Opeth - Ghost Reveries

Trae, I'm going to see Arch Enemy/In Flames/Shadows Fall on Friday.

Traetick
23rd August 05, 04:22 PM
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
John Petrucci - Suspended Animation
Opeth - Ghost Reveries

Trae, I'm going to see Arch Enemy/In Flames/Shadows Fall on Friday.

Kick ass bud =). This tuesday hopefully i can get someone to go with me when they play in ATL. What does Evergrey sound like btw?

December
24th August 05, 03:05 PM
Kick ass bud =). This tuesday hopefully i can get someone to go with me when they play in ATL. What does Evergrey sound like btw?

Try this, it's off their new CD.

http://www.evergrey.net/downloads/Evergrey_01_A_Touch_of_Blessing.zip

joen00b
24th August 05, 03:27 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/joen00b/johnnycashcard.jpg

Halfrican
24th August 05, 04:28 PM
System of a Down's new album Mesmerize
Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The Flow
Bunch of random Dream Theater and Tool.

Traetick
24th August 05, 05:10 PM
Try this, it's off their new CD.

http://www.evergrey.net/downloads/Evergrey_01_A_Touch_of_Blessing.zip

not bad at all. :guitar:

December
24th August 05, 05:58 PM
Bunch of random Dream Theater

Saw them for the first time in Corpus a couple weeks ago. Badass show, although I don't really care for LaBrie's singing.

Irbanoz
24th August 05, 07:09 PM
Saw them for the first time in Corpus a couple weeks ago. Badass show, although I don't really care for LaBrie's singing.
I prefer their instrumentals, like `Overture 1928`.

Halfrican
25th August 05, 01:10 AM
Never seen them, but I have seen Tool 3x and THAT is a kick ass show ;) especially the high-dollar pyrotechnics and lasers that went with the music for the lateralus tour.

Jimatra
25th August 05, 05:18 PM
A Tribe Called Quest - Jazz
Run DMC - Tricky
NIN - Eraser
Wyclef Jean - We Tryin To Stay Alive

Stabu
26th August 05, 10:01 PM
Black Label Society - Fire it up
Trapt - Stand Up
Crossfade - Colors

http://www.zakkwylde.com/nwwd/mafia3.htm

Riddeck
27th August 05, 01:18 AM

It is something that you have to get used to I suppose. Kind of edgy on the ears for a bit, then you can ease into it and relize he has talent and can sing.

On another DT note, pick up Live Scenes from New York, and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance *Goodnight Kiss has guitar in it that makes me emotional*, good Dream Theater in both of those selections.

Voompa
28th August 05, 03:06 PM
Stereophonics - Dakota
Embrace - Ashes

Veldriss
28th August 05, 06:22 PM
Voompa wins, again.

Check out the Stereophonics live at Live8 if you haven't already, they were great!