PDA

View Full Version : Music!

Veldriss
26th May 05, 07:41 PM
This week I have been mostly listening to :

Albums:

Oasis - Dont believe the truth - a real return to form. check it out.
Faithless - Forever, The Singles - classics found within! nothing beats insomnia.
Gorillaz - Demon Days - feel good inc is probably the best thing on this one
System of a Down - Mesmerize - not bad!

Singles:

Coldplay - Speed of Sound
Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I love you less and less
Mylo - In my arms
Coral - In the morning
Jamiroquai - Feels just like it should

But! I am in need of new suggestions and new things to hear. What are YOU listening to?
Any genre except country. If anyone says Akon's Lonely or Gwen Stefani anything, particularly that new one,they should proceed to the nearest cliff and throw themselves off of it.

Shalank
26th May 05, 08:08 PM
Mudvayne's Lost and Found is pretty good

Energiser
26th May 05, 08:21 PM
gwen stefani anything!

*sails gracefully off the cliff*

Traetick
26th May 05, 10:42 PM
SOAD - Mesmerize ( of course )
pick up "Still Remains" album, listen to white walls if you just want to hear a single. DL it now, you wont be dissappointed.
also bloodsimples new album.

Yiktin Voxbane
26th May 05, 11:27 PM
The Streets - A Grand dont come for free

BTW Veldy, me heard a wee whisper that michael and the *lads* have split up ... any truth to it ?

Diggler McFeely
27th May 05, 01:10 AM
The music in this (http://idorosen.com/mirrors/deadmonkeycomics.com/media/email_cartoon.mpg) is kinda catchy.

Alefia
27th May 05, 02:33 AM
Johnny Cash..
Andrew Loyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera
John Michael Montgomery - Letters from Home
and more stuff..

Buzman
27th May 05, 09:28 AM
Alice's Restaurant By Arlo Guthrie

joen00b
27th May 05, 11:03 AM
These are songs I've jamming to lately:

The Ripper - Judas Priest
New Found Power - Damageplan
Where Eagles Dare - Iron Maiden
Elysian Fields - Megadeth
Cruise Missile - Steve Morse
Troubled Wine - Pride And Glory
Still I'm Sad - Rainbow
BYOB - System Of A Down
Outshined - Soundgarden
Modern Day Cowboy - Tesla
Hate Crew Deathroll - Children Of Bodom

Coldelf-Talons
27th May 05, 05:05 PM
I've been listening to my old Mudvayne CD, Alice in Chains, System, Slipnots first and only good CD, Dead Kennedy's, and Misfits recently...

Been trying to get new System and Mudvayne but there is no music store within 150 kms of where I moved for the summer so im pooched.

Someone send0rz me teh filez.

Coldelf-Talons
27th May 05, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah, Does anyone have any good metalish band recommendations for me?

Stuff along the lines of what I mentioned in the post above... ie Mudvayne, System, Slipnot, Deftones, etc.... Been getting back into metal recently and looking for some new stuff.

Traetick
27th May 05, 05:48 PM

Stuff along the lines of what I mentioned in the post above... ie Mudvayne, System, Slipnot, Deftones, etc.... Been getting back into metal recently and looking for some new stuff.

Download some Still Remains and Killswitch Engage. I think you will like it.

Traetick
27th May 05, 05:51 PM

Download some Still Remains and Killswitch Engage. I think you will like it.Try these songs....
Killswitch Engage - My Last Serenade, Fixation on the darkness, Element of one.
Still remains - White Walls, The worst is yet to come, Bliss

*** BAH sorry for the double post!

orcmauler
27th May 05, 06:22 PM
Sadly the Still Remains album is growing on me, although I think their pre-Roadrunner ep is better.

New Soilwork (stabbing the drama) is really good as is The Haunted's Revolver.

Traetick
27th May 05, 06:34 PM
Sadly the Still Remains album is growing on me, although I think their pre-Roadrunner ep is better.

shit soilwork. how could i forget! Download "Nerve" by soilwork as well =)

Traetick
27th May 05, 06:40 PM

edit - WTF is it posting double for me?

Irbanoz
27th May 05, 07:25 PM
Mleh; I need to pick up Dark Tranquillity's Character and Soilwork's Stabbing the Drama. I didn't even know Soilwork had a new album until I went to their show last month and they were all, "DO YOU GUYS HAVE OUR NEW ALBUM?" And I was like, "Huh?"Don't forget to pick up some new Shadows Fall, Coldelf.

orcmauler
27th May 05, 09:03 PM
Mleh; I need to pick up Dark Tranquillity's Character and Soilwork's Stabbing the Drama. I didn't even know Soilwork had a new album until I went to their show last month and they were all, "DO YOU GUYS HAVE OUR NEW ALBUM?" And I was like, "Huh?"Don't forget to pick up some new Shadows Fall, Coldelf.
I dunno I'm unimpressed by Shadows Fall, go for the haunted instead :P

The Dark Tranquility album is very good however.

Ragout
27th May 05, 09:52 PM
I've been listening to various songs by Richard Cheese and his band, Lounge Against the Machine. Probably my favorite band now.

http://www.iloverichardcheese.com/clips.html

I highly recommend their new album, Apertif for Destruction.

http://www.iloverichardcheese.com/images/rc-shelovesdick.jpg

Also, if you get a chance to see "The Dan Band" live. Go do it. http://www.thedanband.com/

orcmauler
28th May 05, 12:34 AM
to hell with that who is the rack?

Mayer
28th May 05, 12:54 AM
Listening to the new NIN. Oh fuck it, I've been drinking. Can't remember shit at the moment.

Energiser
28th May 05, 02:26 AM
i'll join you shortly. lets rendezvous at CTC in a few hours and both post some stupid shit then state that we were drunk ok?

Derreck
28th May 05, 07:06 AM
this plan r teh fail

Energiser
28th May 05, 01:29 PM
your @#!%%%%%%%% zate

are the fauil. fuken. OH-EM-GEE, IWAS SOOOO DRUNK. HAAAAAAAa.

i blame someone stupixdd.

Mayer
28th May 05, 07:03 PM
i'll join you shortly. lets rendezvous at CTC in a few hours and both post some stupid shit then state that we were drunk ok?

Tried and true methods work best!

Energiser
28th May 05, 09:15 PM
CLearly i was drunk while making the above post. MISSION SUCCESS. WOO.

Voompa
29th May 05, 12:20 AM
What I currently have in my car:

Spoon - Gimme Fiction
New Order - Waiting For the Siren's Call
Garbage - Bleed Like Me
Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
Trash Can Sinatras - Weightlifting
Doves - Some Cities
Doves - Last Broadcast
Supergrass - Supergrass
Supergrass - In It For the Money
Supergrass - I Should Coco
Supergrass - Life on Other Planets

Still need to buy latest NIN and Weezer. Waiting for latest White Stripes and Coldplay to be released.

Cilumbik
29th May 05, 01:09 AM
The new System of a Down album sucks, sucks, sucks. Its the #1 requested song of this week. It shows where everyones taste is at, In the dump.

Veldriss
30th May 05, 03:54 PM
Got to have a special mention for Coldplay's new album - X and Y. Fix you is the outstanding song on the album for me at the moment, but I expect that will swap around.

downinit
30th May 05, 05:36 PM
Too bad the new NIN album pretty much sucks ass.

Phrost
30th May 05, 06:18 PM
Music really sucks lately. The only "new" band that I even remotely give a shit about (read: won't change the station) is the Killers, and even that's way too http://www.bullshido.net/forums/images/smilies/emosmiley.gif for my taste.

So sick of whiny faggots whining about their trivial life bullshit. I don't look to music for catharsis, I look to it for enjoyment. In the history of music there's been only one band that could pull off being http://www.bullshido.net/forums/images/smilies/emosmiley.gif with any sincerity, and they're way too old to be dressing up in poet shirts with poofy hair.

Ugh... anything worth listening to besides the same shit from the late 90's? Green Day fucked up their good music by infusing it with Berkeley College Know-it-All Hippie Bullshit. NIN hasn't put out a good album since The Downward Spiral. Velvet Revolver turned out to be Guns N Roses with less "AAAIIIIIIIIYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHRRRARRGGG". And Alice in Chains is AWOL.

Oh, and if I have to hear another stupid hood rat rambling on about the wheels on his car, or his adventures at "tha club", I'm going to personally burn down every housing project and/or trailer park to prevent that shit from carrying over into the next generation.

Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ, I'm actually jonesing to hear goddamn KoRn on the radio... it's that bad.

Coldelf-Talons
31st May 05, 01:30 AM
And Alice in Chains is AWOL.

Layne Staley is dead.

Diggler McFeely
31st May 05, 04:06 AM
AC/DC

Phrost
31st May 05, 10:01 AM
Layne Staley is dead.

That'd be a good reason.

Hurricane Aegien
31st May 05, 01:08 PM
Braid - anything, and everything.

imported_JC
31st May 05, 02:41 PM
For the past two weeks I've been stuck on Dresden Dolls, Flogging Molly, and Dropkick Murphy.

joen00b
31st May 05, 04:34 PM
MP3 player + FM Transmitter 4 teh win!

Mayer
11th June 05, 02:05 PM
Ok, seriously posting this time. Stuff I'm listening to, for me it's not so much liking as it is trying new things. I've been listening to a lot of R&B/Hip-Hop lately added to my normal mix of things.

Common - Be

Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business

Coldplay - X & Y - Maybe I'm just strange but I don't get all the hype Coldplay gets. For me, they usually have one song that stands above the rest of their CD. With "Parachutes" it was "Yellow", with "Rush of Blood to the Head" it was "Clocks". "X & Y" isn't different..."Speed of Sound" is the one song there.

Crossfade - Self-Titled - Eh, vanilla rock.

Trust Company - True Parallels - Local boys from my neck of the woods. Still vanilla rock.

Johnny Cash - American IV The Man Comes Around

Foo fighters - In Your Honor

Diggler McFeely
11th June 05, 02:33 PM
I am listening to some bands called:

Weezer
The White Stripes (weirdos, but they're growing on me)
The Roots

Bands I am not listening to:

Coldplay
Limp Bizkit
Slipknot
System of a Down (the epitome of garbage metal)

BOOOO! I have been tricked into posting to an old thread! I take it all back. I'm not listening to anything now!

December
11th June 05, 03:52 PM
Avenged Sevenfold - City Of Evil
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama

I've been stuck with just those two albums while at work but they're pretty good.

Veldriss
11th June 05, 04:53 PM
BTW Veldy, me heard a wee whisper that michael and the *lads* have split up ... any truth to it ?

Forgot to answer you but I did do some investigating! The Streets are not splitting up, new album is due out this summer :) I'm sure it will crop up in a music thread in a few months time from me at least.

Mayer, Coldplay is a love it or hate it for most people. I find that the trap can be that because the music isnt so 'in your face' a lot of people can forget to listen to the lyrics, which are usually beautiful and poignant. I think you need at least a few listens to an entire album before pronouncing a verdict.

Personally, I didn't get into Coldplay for a couple of years, but they have really grown on me. They have become one of the best British bands around that isnt just producing bubblegum throwaway songs. They were around before the huge surge in recent times of British talent.

In other news, I'm kind of disappointed by the latest White Stripes (Get Behind me Satan). Blue Orchid is good but the rest...ehh.

Irbanoz
11th June 05, 05:36 PM
I picked up a Coheed and Cambria CD today.

:(

Derreck
11th June 05, 06:57 PM
Which one? The new one? Weird, but good. Anyone besides me picking up a Geddy Lee (Rush) vibe from the singer?

I'm fully down with:

Beck, Guero

Louis XIV, The Best Little Secrets are Kept

Head Automatica, Decadence (STILL! I can't stress enough how awesome these guys are!)

Minus the Bear, They Make Beer Commercials Like This

Iron and Wine, everything by him is good. Check out "The Trapeze Swinger" (attention Lozmond, this means you), it's one of the best songs I think I've ever heard.

And from left field:

Max Richter, The Blue Notebooks. This album of minimalist classical/electronica is one of the most compelling compositions I've heard in a very long time. For a good example of what to expect (and probably the best track on the album), give "Shadow Journal" a listen. I don't think anyone with an open mind will be disappointed.

Hurricane Aegien
11th June 05, 11:08 PM
I picked up a Coheed and Cambria CD today.

:(

Fucking why?

Mayer
11th June 05, 11:59 PM
Mayer, Coldplay is a love it or hate it for most people. I find that the trap can be that because the music isnt so 'in your face' a lot of people can forget to listen to the lyrics, which are usually beautiful and poignant. I think you need at least a few listens to an entire album before pronouncing a verdict.

Personally, I didn't get into Coldplay for a couple of years, but they have really grown on me. They have become one of the best British bands around that isnt just producing bubblegum throwaway songs. They were around before the huge surge in recent times of British talent.

I don't really love or hate Coldplay. I just don't think they're God's gift to music as some people seem to think they are. Their lyrics are (I agree) not disposable songs that one often hears on the radio. And I've seen live performances, they look like they'd try their best to put on a hell of a performance.

I really do like the singles they release but none of their other songs seem to hook me like the ones I've named do. I almost like "Til Kingdom Come" as I do like "Speed of Sound" on their latest but it just doesn't seem my cup of tea as it were. I'd listened to their previous CD's several times before trying to get a handle on it, figure out what it is about them that make people rave.

What most of their songs do is sadly make me zone out and almost fall asleep perhaps because they sound so organic to me as to almost be, I dunno, like whale song. Stay with me here. Some people listen to whale song as it's you know, relaxing and beautiful. Basically, it's whales moaning and such to each other in communication. Not nearly as romantic to some as it seems to be to others.

Odd way of looking at it but there you are.

Irbanoz
12th June 05, 12:27 AM
Fucking why?
We all have a little emo trying to break free.

Energiser
12th June 05, 02:47 PM
just like i have a little projectile vomit trying to make a life for itself.13t!#.4!#>K5tgoij13y98[y98[okjdi;hefhqwpiuehrf;uifgpuigwf4wjiasdf.

boop.

Hurricane Aegien
13th June 05, 12:29 AM
We all have a little emo trying to break free.

Coheed and Cambria is pure unadulterated trash, I think they have like, 1 good song, maybe.

Nikalos_2
14th June 05, 05:32 AM
Zappa - Hot Rats
Snot - Get Some
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got the Blues.

Glasseyed
16th June 05, 03:34 PM
Skinny Puppy - Any album
Danzig - Any album
System of a Down - Any Album
Still Remains - White Walls (single)
Killswitch Engage - any album
VNV Nation - Any
Apoptygma Berzkerk - Any
Lacuna Coil
Type of Negative
Tool - Any album
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Depth Charge - (thumbs up to TRAETICK our vocalist!)

bah i could go on and on......

joen00b
16th June 05, 03:42 PM
I agree with Nikalos