PDA

View Full Version : Need more music!

Xioxou
16th March 05, 04:40 AM
So, I finished the Emo CD, now I want a CD made up of garagey, lo-fi, pseudo-artsy type bands like The Vines, The Strokes, Franz Ferdanand sorta stuff.

Please suggest both the band and song, trying to listen to several songs from the garbage bands DezmondTutu suggested drove me nuts.

Veldriss
16th March 05, 09:36 AM
Stereophonics - Dakota
Kasabian - Cutt Off / Club Foot
Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God
The Bravery - Honest Mistake
The Futureheads - Hounds of Love
Bloc Party - This Modern Love / The Pioneers
Athlete - Wires
Feeder - Tumble and Fall
Snow Patrol - Spitting Games / How to be dead
The Zutons - Pressure Point / Confusion
The Rasmus - In the Shadows
Embrace - Ashes / Gravity
Keane - Anything off Hopes and Fears (Bedshaped, Bend and Break, somewhere only we know)
The Killers - Anything off Hot Fuss ( Mr Brightside / Somebody Told me in partic.)

If I had a CD with all of the above on it, i'd also add some Green Day - Holiday and Extraordinary Girl.
Though it doesn't really qualify, check out Scissor Sisters if you havent already. Their album has been top 5 for almost a year now in the UK.

Eh, I could go on all day. Hopefully there are a few you like in that bunch ms sause. ;)

Merauk
16th March 05, 12:57 PM
You should be listening to Wilco only.

Halfrican
16th March 05, 09:12 PM
Throw in some Tool regardless of genre, don't listen to anything Diggler says.

Diggler McFeely
16th March 05, 10:19 PM
Because, deep down, you know I'm right!

Shalank
16th March 05, 10:49 PM
Kelly Clarkson is always is a good choice

deadcat
17th March 05, 02:14 AM
Hahahahaha, Emo.

Voompa
19th March 05, 06:41 PM
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)

joen00b
21st March 05, 11:14 AM
I just picked up a new CD this weekend:

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute.

I akin it to Frank Zappa meets Santana. Low key Latin rhythms with a very open approach to the music, very daring and explosive. I've been jamming to it for 3 days straight it's so damned good.

You definitely won't hear this on the radio because it's actually good and takes talent to play!

Derreck
21st March 05, 02:20 PM
You definitely won't hear this on the radio because it's actually good and takes talent to play!
Haha. We play it. It's all OVER the radio, and has a video on MTV.

joen00b
21st March 05, 03:31 PM
Seriously? Gawd I hate being stuck in the social vacuum that is Colorado:(

Seriously, back in Cali, I got turned on to everyone from Lagwagon to Rage (back in 92 when they first came out) to 311, and on and on. Colorado Radio sucks, as obscure as they get is Stonesour, gah!

Derreck
21st March 05, 06:22 PM
Honestly, it wasn't much better here until recently. My station changed formats, and we're much more adventurous now. :)

Incidentally, for those I share musical tastes with, check out Head Automatica. From their album Decadence, "Beating Heart Baby" and "King Caesar" are two of my favorites, although they are all really good. Should I have put "Please Please Please" on there?

Nikalos_2
21st March 05, 06:47 PM
Rollins Band - "Love's so heavy" and "The End of Something".

Energiser
22nd March 05, 08:33 AM
I can't fucking stand all the franz ferdinand-esque bands that are appearing everywhere at the moment. multiplying like godamn rabbits. It makes me hate, in a vague, non-specific kind of way, which is the worst kind of hating. so unsatisfying. relatively speaking.

poppy boppy fucken what the hell damn crappin idgit faces.

Hurricane Aegien
22nd March 05, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately Mars Volta is getting the acclaim that At The Drive In should have gotten, and has managed to steal Spartas thunder. TMV Is getting plenty of radio play.

They're good, but they're not *that* good.

Hurricane Aegien
22nd March 05, 01:09 PM
Honestly, it wasn't much better here until recently. My station changed formats, and we're much more adventurous now. :)

Incidentally, for those I share musical tastes with, check out Head Automatica. From their album Decadence, "Beating Heart Baby" and "King Caesar" are two of my favorites, although they are all really good. Should I have put "Please Please Please" on there?

http://www.allonblack.org/mt/archives/2005/03/my_music_and_wh.html

joen00b
22nd March 05, 02:01 PM
Considering I am forced to listen to things such as Spiderbait, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, and fucking Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day (this one is played every 20 fucking minutes, I swear!) on the radio out here, TMV is like Wagner's Magnus Opus as far as I'm concerned.

I also got Steve Vai's - Real Illusions: Reflections, but I think it's beyond me musically. Fire Garden was his best work to date, and this one, being only 55 minutes long and 11 songs, falls flat compared to Fire Garden's 73 Minutes and 17 songs.

Derreck
22nd March 05, 03:46 PM
http://www.allonblack.org/mt/archives/2005/03/my_music_and_wh.html
Haha that's totally how I feel about my music.