PDA

View Full Version : Game - X-Men Legends (XBox)

Flare
28th January 05, 11:26 PM
So I picked up this game and was pleasantly surprised. It's basically a dungeon crawl, and there's not a lot of depth to the game play... which mostly involves Kill Everything That Moves in this room. Go to next room. Repeat.

Typically, I despise licensed titles.. which is why it took me so long to pick up the first KotOR. I ended up getting X-Men Legends after reading a review about it, and being as I don't have any "epic" type games currently, I gave it a shot... and was pleased.

The adherence to the X-Men universe is kind of odd, but then again, the X-Men have had so many histories, it's no surpise the this title doesn't adhere to any one in particular. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it's not the fault of the game developers themselves, as it's really a fault of all the different X-Men writers over the years (Chris Claremont, we need you :( ) .

That said, if you aren't an X-Men fanboi who bitches about nitpicky details, you'll be pleased with this title, as it has a good backstory, and it DOES adhere to SOME of the histories in the X-Men franchise, it just picks and chooses the ones it follows. It hangs together well, though. My biggest beef, however, is the art. The characters are ... not blocky, but basically look like a very poorly drawn comic book. This isn't a problem during game play, but the cut scenes are horrendous.

The voice acting is hit or miss... they did get Patrick Stewart (I think anyway, sure sounds like him) to do the voice of Xavier, and he does a bang up job... but some of the other characters are hideous... fortunately, they are balanced out by others who do a good job.

Overall, this game is worth playing. I haven't finished it yet, so I don't know how long it is, but I hear it's about 20 hours, give or take.

One big thing is that you can play 4 people at once, if you wish... which makes this title great if you have people to play with. Otherwise, it's fun solo as well.

Halfrican
29th January 05, 12:18 AM
4 player sounds fun, I'm sick and tired of split screen shit.

PoleFighter
12th September 06, 03:11 PM
I thought it was crap. The gameplay was shallow, the graphics ugly and I just can't accept the idea of Magneto (or any of the more powerful mutants) actually attacking anyone with their fists. Just feels retarded.