PDA

View Full Version : Some European newspapers less than enthusiastic about Bush re-election

Luko
4th November 04, 02:31 PM
http://cbs5.com/news/ap/APTV/National/a/i/Bush-InternationalHea-ai.html

Some European newspapers less than enthusiastic about Bush re-election
Thursday November 04, 2004
LONDON (AP) The re-election of President Bush dominated British newspapers Thursday, and many cast impartiality aside in reporting the result.

``How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?'' the liberal Daily Mirror asked in a Page One headline. Inside, several pages of coverage were headed ``U.S. election disaster.''

The Independent bore the front-page headline ``Four more years'' on a black page with grim pictures including a hooded Iraqi prisoner and an orange-clad detainee at Guantanamo Bay.

The left-leaning Guardian led its features section with a black page bearing the tiny words, ``Oh, God.'' Inside a story described how Bush's victory ``catapaulted liberal Britain into collective depression.''

Across Europe, many newspapers expressed dismay at the prospect of another term for Bush, a president often regarded as inflexible and unilateralist.

``Oops they did it again,'' Germany's left-leaning Tageszeitung newspaper said in a front-page English headline. The cover of the Swiss newsmagazine Facts called Bush's re-election ``Europe's Nightmare.'' ``Victory for the hothead: how far will he go?'' asked another Swiss weekly, L'Hebdo.

A few British papers welcomed the U.S. election result. ``The world is a safer place with George W. Bush back in the Oval Office,'' the tabloid Sun said in an editorial.

All agreed the result reflected a sea-change in U.S. politics, a victory for neo-conservatives and the religious right.

``March of the Moral Majority'' said the conservative Daily Mail, above a photo of Bush with his wife and daughters. ``America's moral majority sweeps Bush back into the White House,'' The Daily Telegraph said.

The Times said Europe ``must come to terms, not only with Mr. Bush, but with the nation that has elected him. This is a president who really can speak for America.''

Shorrtee McHeals
4th November 04, 05:21 PM
Once again, who gives a fuck what Europe thinks?

Cybsled
4th November 04, 05:36 PM
The same could be said about certain posters.

Ba-Dum! Chaaaaaa!

Sithray
4th November 04, 05:50 PM
Cybsled pwnzored Suicide head.

Energiser
4th November 04, 07:37 PM
Once again, who gives a fuck what Europe thinks?

Are you trying to be the obnoxious dickhead american poster child intentionally?

Shorrtee McHeals
4th November 04, 07:43 PM
Pretty much, yea.

I dont try to fight what I am. Proud to be an American, if that means I'm an arrogant bastard, so be it. We can still kick anyone else's in the worlds ASS with half our army tied behind our back. We spend more on defense than the next 12 countries combined. Stick that in your Aussie pěpe and smoke it. And yea thx for the 700 troops in Iraq. :)

Energiser
4th November 04, 07:46 PM
Pretty much, yea.

I dont try to fight what I am. Proud to be an American, if that means I'm an arrogant bastard, so be it. We can still kick anyone else's in the worlds ASS with half our army tied behind our back. We spend more on defense than the next 12 countries combined. Stick that in your Aussie pěpe and smoke it. And yea thx for the 700 troops in Iraq. :)

The two don't go hand in hand you fucking lamebrain.

The enormity of the revulsion that wells up in me when i read this sort of shit, joking or otherwise, can't adequately be put into words.

Suffice it to say i sincerely hope you choke on a sack full of mouldy dicks.

Diggler McFeely
4th November 04, 08:11 PM
It doesn't mean you're an arrogant bastard. It just means that you're an obnoxious blowhard that displays duplicity by expressing, what you consider to be, the virtues of the U.S., while simultaneously "flying" Mexico's flag as your avatar.

But tha't pretty much par for your course. It's nothing much out of the ordinary. What I mean is, it's nothing more (or less) than what I've ever expected from you.

I don't fault you for it. It's what you are. If you're happy with it, then so be it.

Sithray
4th November 04, 08:12 PM
mouldy

I think you meant moldy.

December
4th November 04, 11:31 PM
I think you meant moldy.

They use the Metric system.

Cilumbik
5th November 04, 04:26 AM
You're such an ignorant disphit, Shorrtee. You puff out your swollon chest and say you are proud to be American. I support Bush, I support Bush!!11

But you wave a Mexican flag as an avatar. You live in a country that files formal complaints against The United States for systemagically violate the rights of (illegal) Mexican mirgants. And chant Osma, Osma, Osma at soccer games. You are such a fucking joke!

When you and your illegal Mexican mail order wife try and make It across the border. I hope your balls get caught in the barb-wire and you are unable to reproduce.

Shroomed
5th November 04, 05:40 PM
You're such an ignorant disphit, Shorrtee. You puff out your swollon chest and say you are proud to be American. I support Bush, I support Bush!!11

But you wave a Mexican flag as an avatar. You live in a country that files formal complaints against The United States for systemagically violate the rights of (illegal) Mexican mirgants. And chant Osma, Osma, Osma at soccer games. You are such a fucking joke!

When you and your illegal Mexican mail order wife try and make It across the border. I hope your balls get caught in the barb-wire and you are unable to reproduce.

You obviously didn't pay close enough attention to Merauk's suicide guide. I strongly suggest a re-read.

Cilumbik
5th November 04, 06:05 PM
Link It for me

Lune
5th November 04, 06:24 PM
You live in a country that files formal complaints against The United States for systemagically violate the rights of (illegal) Mexican mirgants. And chant Osma, Osma, Osma at soccer games.

This makes me care more what non us citizens think.

Donnely McLeod
5th November 04, 06:43 PM
wait... there was an election?!

Luko
5th November 04, 07:49 PM
This makes me care more what non us citizens think.

Osma is a name for a future star in soccer he some young kid who already has multimillions in advertising contracts.

Luko
5th November 04, 08:21 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Slideshows/_production/041104_election_intlreax/041104_intlreax_ss09.hmedium.jpg

vilesoul
5th November 04, 09:10 PM
{insert comment to be ignored and/or twisted into something else here}

Luko
5th November 04, 09:52 PM
{insert comment to be ignored and/or twisted into something else here}

hehe, Personally I could give a rats ass what some <note SOME> foreign newspaper feels like about this election. The people made their choice. Everyone has their opinion and luckily their freedom of speech.

It would also be interesting to see some of the things they say against their own government. Again glad to see they have freedom of speech.

Xesor
6th November 04, 01:12 AM
I think it simply boils down to penis envy on their part. :(

Luko
6th November 04, 02:51 AM
I think it simply boils down to penis envy on their part. :(

Xesor I see you avatar I see a lot of patience in that cat lol. Anyway have you seen the video of the guy showing what happens when you stick a long strip of tape to a cat body?

Apparently this guy thing if you stick a piece of tape the full length of cat. The cat will go into a crawl mode. If you stick a full length to one side the cat walks side way. Stick it the full length underneath and the cat literally walks tiptoed.

Which remind me of time I tied a balloon to cat collar. Cat like get away from this and then cat start moving faster and figured balloon following him. I tried to catch the cat to help him but he started to run. After that the string got caught between his hind leg and the balloon was bumping on his ass. Next thing I know he ran out the hole in screen door and the balloon still stuck between hind leg. Only now he is in full speed running from this balloon all you can hear is the thumpity thump like a full gallopped horse and what happening is the balloon now bouncing between the ground and pounding him in the rear. This went on for like 3 minute I am just laughing my ass off. Finally the balloon popped. I am sure the sound freak his ass out. While not as bad as balloon beating his ass and he couldn't ever out run it...

Shorrtee McHeals
7th November 04, 01:55 PM
Its ignorant to try and link my avatar or my living in Mexico with anything I feel about my country. In case you asses dont remember, I've had a USSR flag and an American flag as avatars too. That really has 0 to do with anything.

Also, you cant help who you fall in love with. :(

Coldelf-Talons
7th November 04, 02:09 PM
Your boyfriend is using you for a Green card Shortee.

Shorrtee McHeals
7th November 04, 02:35 PM
Why do arrogant Americans assume that every Mexican even WANTS to live/work in the US? Sure most of the poor ones probably do, but my girlfriend is in college, and her and most of her friends could really care less about living in the US. They can make almost as much money here, and everything is a lot cheaper.... I'm actually having to talk her into wanting to live in the US. The "using you for a green card" joke really doesnt hold any water.

Coldelf-Talons
7th November 04, 02:50 PM
But I called you gay too... bonus points me.

Shalank
7th November 04, 03:06 PM
We can still kick anyone else's in the worlds ASS with half our army tied behind our back.

Although I am a blind patriot, and think America is the greatest, this statement is wrong. China would fucking pwn us like school kids, at the current moment.

Andorion
7th November 04, 03:08 PM
Xesor I see you avatar I see a lot of patience in that cat lol. Anyway have you seen the video of the guy showing what happens when you stick a long strip of tape to a cat body?

Apparently this guy thing if you stick a piece of tape the full length of cat. The cat will go into a crawl mode. If you stick a full length to one side the cat walks side way. Stick it the full length underneath and the cat literally walks tiptoed.

Which remind me of time I tied a balloon to cat collar. Cat like get away from this and then cat start moving faster and figured balloon following him. I tried to catch the cat to help him but he started to run. After that the string got caught between his hind leg and the balloon was bumping on his ass. Next thing I know he ran out the hole in screen door and the balloon still stuck between hind leg. Only now he is in full speed running from this balloon all you can hear is the thumpity thump like a full gallopped horse and what happening is the balloon now bouncing between the ground and pounding him in the rear. This went on for like 3 minute I am just laughing my ass off. Finally the balloon popped. I am sure the sound freak his ass out. While not as bad as balloon beating his ass and he couldn't ever out run it...

http://www.blennus.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=

Shorrtee McHeals
7th November 04, 03:09 PM
Although I am a blind patriot, and think America is the greatest, this statement is wrong. China would fucking pwn us like school kids, at the current moment.

Thats not true. China has almost twice as many men, but we could easily manage a kill ratio of 1:10 on their faggot asses. Do you know what type of tanks they use? Lets just say they need some major upgradage.

Cilumbik
7th November 04, 05:36 PM
Why do arrogant Americans assume that every Mexican even WANTS to live/work in the US?

We are only assuming this because she is dating you.

Shalank
7th November 04, 05:41 PM
Twice as many? Hardly. Isn't the american standing army around 300,000? Isn't China's somewhere around the upwards of 5 million?

But if we did goto war with china, I think people joining the military would greatly increase. I know I would join.

Shorrtee McHeals
8th November 04, 02:07 PM
No your numbers are waaaaay off Shalank.

But, are you talking about army only, or all branches?

Coldelf-Talons
8th November 04, 02:08 PM
China's standing army is over 3 million.

Shorrtee McHeals
8th November 04, 02:14 PM
The US spends like 8 times more money per year on its military than China. That says a whole lot right there. (Hey, if we get in a war with China wouldnt you feel comforted that the Pentagon has $100 toliet seats, but the Chinese only have mud huts?)

Shorrtee McHeals
8th November 04, 02:16 PM
http://www.sinodefence.com/army/default.asp

2.5 million

The last I heard, the US has around 1.1 million. But again, waaaaaay better technology.

Halfrican
8th November 04, 03:19 PM
http://www.sinodefence.com/army/default.asp

2.5 million

The last I heard, the US has around 1.1 million. But again, waaaaaay better technology.

It doesn't matter, research Vietnam. Quantity > Quality

Shorrtee McHeals
8th November 04, 03:43 PM
Oh puh-lease. Vietnam's lesson isnt quantity > quality, its that politicians > army.

imported_Solaris Flare
8th November 04, 04:43 PM
I hate these debates; nuclear powers don't fight each other fools. That and give China 10 years. They'll more than likely have a higher GDP than the US unless their economy starts to REALLY slow down. Also, US spending on the military is umm shale we say a little efficient with all the money blow jobs given out. Plus, let’s not forgot the forgotten war - The Korean War. It proved there at least that numbers do mean something.

Shorrtee McHeals
8th November 04, 06:04 PM
So what do you expect to happen in 2008 when Taiwan declares independence and China moves to smack them down? You think the US will look to the UN? Haaa.. Haha..haha...HAHAHA

Kumbukk
8th November 04, 10:15 PM
No, we will let them have their way with that country because really, is it worth getting in a war with the (soon to be, if not already) second most powerful country in the world over fucking Taiwan?

imported_Solaris Flare
8th November 04, 10:24 PM
So what do you expect to happen in 2008 when Taiwan declares independence and China moves to smack them down? You think the US will look to the UN? Haaa.. Haha..haha...HAHAHA

I don't know what will happen. Odds are it’ll be like another Cuban missile crisis but with the roles reversed.

Shorrtee McHeals
9th November 04, 04:04 PM
Odds are we'll beat the shit out of China. :)

Kumbukk
11th November 04, 12:39 PM
Odds are we'll beat the shit out of China. :)
You my friend, are a moron.

Straylight
11th November 04, 12:53 PM
China, my friend, is full of chinks.

That is why they will fail.

Halfrican
11th November 04, 03:51 PM
We will beat China in a war....but dress warm.

imported_Solaris Flare
11th November 04, 04:11 PM
Duck and cover bitches.

Merauk
11th November 04, 04:52 PM
Duck and cover bitches.

The shortest route to China is through Canada mother fucker. Be sure to duck and cover when I roll my fucking tank battalion over what is left of your igloo ice nigger.

Halfrican
11th November 04, 05:31 PM
Merauk check your PM's or I will rape your soul

Shorrtee McHeals
17th November 04, 06:12 PM
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/040611.html

Donnely McLeod
17th November 04, 07:15 PM
http://www.tvparty.com/80/ctr.ram

Only aired once on SNL

imported_Solaris Flare
17th November 04, 09:43 PM
http://www.tvparty.com/80/ctr.ram

Only aired once on SNL

It's all lies. The liberal elite control the media of course.

Phrost
17th November 04, 10:57 PM
The next global war will be an economic one, between the US and its allies, and the EU and those who side with it.

Luko
17th November 04, 11:00 PM
I read other day China investing 5 Billion into Argentina. Look like it will be used to build infrastructure to get the oil.

Phrost
17th November 04, 11:02 PM
China has woken from its Communist nightmare. Be prepared for them to start wrecking shit, economically.

Tip: if you're a business person, learn Mandarin.

Donnely McLeod
18th November 04, 05:38 PM
China has woken from its Communist nightmare. Be prepared for them to start wrecking shit, economically.

Tip: if you're a business person, learn Mandarin.

Those of us in construction have already felt it. It doesn't effect our business, but it effects how much a customer is willing to pay for steel and concrete. Two years ago it was 65 bucks a yard, now its 120 bucks a yard. And rebar used to be 5 bucks a stick and now its 5 bucks a foot. All this because Portland Inc. is the largest distributor and shipped it all to China for alot of city/subterain development.

Doctor Gonzo
19th November 04, 06:47 AM
"Lord knows crack prison guards don't come cheap." -- Cecil Adams.

Sorry that line cracks me up.

We're NOT going to war with China. Not today, not 10 years from now. Our two countries have FAR too much invested into one another to screw it up. $$$ = the big peacemaker always. China's 'Human rights' scorecard isn't any better then North Koreas, Cuba, Irans, ect. They're JUST as communist as Cuba is. The big difference between China and the other 'bad guys'/axis of evil is that we trade billions back and forth with them. There will be no war, not at least until that fact changes.

And all you chickenhawks out there. Go sign on the dotted fucking line and then come here and tell me how great our army is and how much butt we can/should/will kick. By the time the current war is over the Army and Marines (and to a lesser degree Navy and Air Force) are going to need YEARS to rebuild/retrain/refit back to their pre 'Iraqi Freedom' levels.

Doc