PDA

View Full Version : GW Bush Joke

joen00b
15th October 04, 08:23 AM
So George is doing yet another photo op at an elementary school, and this one’s been going pretty well, so he offers to take questions. A little boy raises his hand.

“Okay, you,” says George, smiling. “What’s your name?”

“Billy.”

“Billy. And what’s your question?”

“I have three questions,” Billy says.
“First, why did you go to war without UN approval?
Second, why are you president when Gore got more votes?
Third, where’s Osama bin Laden?”

George is taken aback. “Uh, those are really hard questions,” he says.

Just then the bell rings. “Whoops, time for recess!” George says. “Guess I’ll have to answer your questions when recess is over.”

After recess, when the kids have settled back down again, George says “Okay, who’s got a question?”

A little kid raises his hand, and George calls on him.

“What’s your name?” George asks.

“Steve.”

“Okay, Steve. What’s your question?”

“I have five questions,” Steve says.
“First, why did you go to war without UN approval?
Second, why are you president when Gore got more votes?
Third, where’s Osama bin Laden?
Fourth, why did the bell for recess ring twenty minutes early?
And fifth, what happened to Billy?”

imported_Blazer
15th October 04, 12:55 PM
heh nice

Thespis
15th October 04, 06:08 PM
LoL, that made me chuckle despite my support for Bush.
I'll answer the first 3 questions though, hehe.

1) When it was discovered that some of those in the UN had ulterior motives to prevent the war in Iraq, I think we didn't give the UN decisions much credit. Considering the circumstances, Bush basically decided "permission" wasn't needed when Saddam refused to cooperate. If the UN isn't going to enforce it's rulings without giving a huge head's up to whoever's getting inspected, why should they be trusted to make the right call? I still think there is merit in the concept of the UN, and that reforms should be looked into.

2) I think the Electoral system sucks and as glad as I am that Gore did not win, the person with the most votes really should win the election.

3) Bin Laden is one "link" in the chain. Sure we'd love to remove that link. We've certainly crippled Al Quaeda. For all we know, Bin Laden could be dead. He certainly doesn't have the freedom of movement that he once had. Yes I'd have liked to see some more resolution in Afghanistan before moving onto Iraq. They say that we thought things were getting wrapped up there and that we had the resources to handle both at the same time. Bush admits mistakes were made but stands by the overall necessity for us being there.

I seriously doubt Kerry would have handled the situation any better. I'd even wonder if he would have pursued resolution of any significance. I picture him like a boxer putting his guard up saying please don't hit me. Granted we need to not be "offensive" but if he gets elected, I hope he doesn't reduce us to a national passive resistance. I honestly hope the impressions he gives me are proven wrong.

Kiko
15th October 04, 06:17 PM
Funny Joke, n00b :D
Questions in a joke are as good as rhetorical ones. Analyzing jokes is bad! :nono:

Veldriss
15th October 04, 06:31 PM
Thespis had to go and spoil it for everyone. Tsk.

Thespis
15th October 04, 06:38 PM
LoL .. sorry .. the joke did make me laugh though. :)

Kiko
15th October 04, 06:45 PM
You get the peppers, Veldy, I'll get the umbrella...

Veldriss
15th October 04, 07:34 PM
I hope he hasn't seen A Clockwork Orange. I do so love to surprise.

Halfrican
15th October 04, 08:57 PM
I hope he hasn't seen A Clockwork Orange. I do so love to surprise.

Shut the fuck up and go watch Pulp Fiction.

Shriker
15th October 04, 11:01 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Plexor again. :headwall:

Thespis
15th October 04, 11:15 PM
You get the peppers, Veldy, I'll get the umbrella...
Such a tease...

Shut the fuck up and go watch Pulp Fiction.
*shiver* Good movie, but that bit with the guy kidnapped and being sadistically sodomized was enough to make my stomach turn. No thanks! The revenge part was grimly satisfying though.

Nommis
16th October 04, 07:57 AM
...that bit with the guy kidnapped and being sadistically sodomized was enough to make my stomach turn.
I don't know what you were watching, but that shit was hot :P

Thespis
16th October 04, 04:49 PM
I imagine his shit was hot, LoL.