PDA

View Full Version : Who has made up their mind about the election?

Kwill
22nd September 04, 10:56 PM
I don't care who you are voting for, just curious if anyone is still undecided.

Energiser
22nd September 04, 11:27 PM
I am 100% decided that i will vote for El Donkey Supremo.

imported_Blazer
23rd September 04, 12:15 AM
heh i voted yes because it would take alot more than whats being presented to change my vote, but if something does happen it could be changed, cause i sometimes do consider voting for kerry.

Doctor Gonzo
23rd September 04, 02:24 AM
I'm 99% firm on my vote. I'm not saying NOTHING could change my mind but nothing predictable could.

Halfrican
23rd September 04, 03:44 AM
I'm voting for Bush even if they find out he personally planted explosives in the twin towers.

Shorrtee McHeals
23rd September 04, 12:14 PM
I'm voting for Bush, nothing is going to change my mind.

Kerry's war record looked pretty good though, until we found out he lied about most of it.

The only way I would stop supporting Bush is if Kerry wins the election but Bush tries to pull another Supreme Court victory or something like that. Or if there is a terrorist attack and he tries to postpone the elections for anything over like 1 month or so.

Phrost
23rd September 04, 12:23 PM
Heh, I'm the only one who's still undecided.

My mind will be made up when I pull the lever. Until then, I'm open.

For example: anyone hear about Bush wanting to appoint some Jesus freak, anti-abortion advocate to the FDA's board on Contraceptives?

You know, the same type of religious experts behind the Pope going to Africa (the continent with the most overpopulation, starvation, and AIDS) to tell them not to use condoms...

Fuck, if Kerry would just promise to leave taxes alone (heh, yeah right), and kick the shit out of our enemies without asking "Mother May I" to the corrupt international community... well shit, then he'd be Bush.

Zeta
23rd September 04, 01:05 PM
Phrack, you should see Kerry's latest quote about how under no circumstances would he ever privatize Social Security. =(

Merauk
23rd September 04, 01:20 PM
I'm 99% firm on my vote. I'm not saying NOTHING could change my mind but nothing predictable could.

Three way with Bush twins?

Phrost
23rd September 04, 01:47 PM
Heh, let's play "Guess Who Doc's Voting For". (Yeah, I know... ending the sentence with a preposition.)

On one hand, he's a Journalist which makes it likely he's a hippie, combined with the fact that Raoul Duke's his hero which clenches the deal.

On the other hand, he's a Soldier, and having served under Clinton, and now Bush, he probably knows who'd be better for this country's defense.

So which is it?

Antec
23rd September 04, 02:06 PM
I cant vote casue im not a citizen :(

Lufy
23rd September 04, 02:54 PM
I cant vote casue im not a citizen :(

Why the fuck are you in the army then.

anyways i am going to vote for Nader. i like his attitude and plus a vote for Nader is a vote for bush

Hurricane Aegien
23rd September 04, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty disapointed to see so many people who have said that they will not vote - the internationals and canadianese I can understand, but the rest of you...

Antec
23rd September 04, 03:21 PM
Why the fuck are you in the army then.

The army doesnt care if your a citizen or not, they just care about if ure willing to shoot someone that doesnt look/act like you, lucky for them im a evil fucker irl and willing to shoot anyone

Kalric
23rd September 04, 11:18 PM
Fuck, if Kerry would just promise to leave taxes alone (heh, yeah right), and kick the shit out of our enemies without asking "Mother May I" to the corrupt international community... well shit, then he'd be Bush.

But its just that Phrack, promises that sound good, but they will probley never do. Ive been watching those Promise/Reality segments on CNN. Both Bush and Kerry have promised many things that in reality they could never live up to nor be able to complete.

I voted Yes, and im sticking with Bush... .cant believe that at one point i was liking what Kerry was saying. And i dont care if he promised he would get every person in the military out of Iraq on his 1st day in the office, id still stick with bush. Kerry just sounds too soft to me. "Ohh yea, lets get the other countries to take over the war in Iraq and we wont get involved untill they attack us again."

Energiser
24th September 04, 12:50 AM
I'm voting for Bush, nothing is going to change my mind.

Kerry's war record looked pretty good though, until we found out he lied about most of it.

The only way I would stop supporting Bush is if Kerry wins the election but Bush tries to pull another Supreme Court victory or something like that. Or if there is a terrorist attack and he tries to postpone the elections for anything over like 1 month or so.

yeah, he's not quite the war hero all the hype made him out to be.

that's WAY fucken better than the other choice, who never even fucking served. GOOD POINT.

imported_Solaris Flare
24th September 04, 01:21 AM

that's WAY fucken better than the other choice, who never even fucking served. GOOD POINT.

This is Shorrtee we are talking about. I feel better that he a fan boy for the Reps and not a fan boy for the Demos. = )

Xesor
24th September 04, 01:48 AM

And being in the military, or serving during a war makes one a better president, why?

Energiser
24th September 04, 02:19 AM
And being in the military, or serving during a war makes one a better president, why?

Don't ask me that. Not only don't i know, i sure as hell don't care.

If you bother reading the post i quoted you will understand i expect, Shorrtee seems to think kerrys military record is a reason *not* to vote for him.

Doctor Gonzo
24th September 04, 02:21 AM
Just curious, how many of you that voted -- I'm not going to vote, can't vote (not a u.s. citizen, not old enough, currently Incarcerated)

Doctor Gonzo
24th September 04, 02:22 AM
Three way with Bush twins?

Exactly ... something like that would cause me to rethink my position.

Thespis
24th September 04, 02:51 AM
Actually Ener, it's hard to say that Shorrtee meant the military record was the issue. He could have been simply focusing on Kerry lying about it if he did indeed lie. Me personally, I don't care about the military record of either Kerry or Bush. Never have. What does bother me is Kerry's actions after the war and how he trash talked his fellow servicemen and toyed with treason while meeting with the enemy. I have concerns that Kerry would be soft on defending our nation as I'd want him to. I don't want somebody who feels the need to ask permission first. I'm also concerned with his lack of a clear stance on a few other issues. If he was more definitive and showed a willingness to defend our nation, I'd have a tough time deciding. As is though, I'm more voting against him than voting for Bush.

Kiko
24th September 04, 07:52 AM
Military service/heroism is a prerequisite for Presidency? Since when?

Yeah, I know Xesor and others just said it. Hell, at this point, and I don't LIKE him, but I realize he is/was a good politician, Bill Clinton is tons smarter than Kerry. He knows when to say what.

Honesty is highly rated, but sometimes knowing what to say when is alot wiser as well as knowing when to shut the hell up and smile. Like it or not, politics is a game, not a pretty one and even though I believe and trust the one I'm gonna vote for, I also have more confidence in his ability to play the game at home and with the world.

Energiser
24th September 04, 08:51 AM
Actually Ener, it's hard to say that Shorrtee meant the military record was the issue. He could have been simply focusing on Kerry lying about it if he did indeed lie. Me personally, I don't care about the military record of either Kerry or Bush. Never have. What does bother me is Kerry's actions after the war and how he trash talked his fellow servicemen and toyed with treason while meeting with the enemy. I have concerns that Kerry would be soft on defending our nation as I'd want him to. I don't want somebody who feels the need to ask permission first. I'm also concerned with his lack of a clear stance on a few other issues. If he was more definitive and showed a willingness to defend our nation, I'd have a tough time deciding. As is though, I'm more voting against him than voting for Bush.

that's still stupid. you havent got a fucking clue what bush might have done if he did actually serve. regardless of how much of a jackass kerry was while he did serve, the fact is that he did, and he actually put his life on the line, and bush didn't.

Bush might have cracked and gang-land-style capped his entire squad while on patrol if he actually served.

It's not a reason to not vote for kerry, and it's not a reason to vote for bush.

However, i'd like to note that i do not care who anyone votes for, nor who the next US president is.

I will however make a prediction : Bush will win, kerry hasn't got a hope in hell.

I'm also going to pre-emptively say i told you so.

Big Black Hole
24th September 04, 09:04 AM
I will however make a prediction : Bush will win, kerry hasn't got a hope in hell.

I'm also going to pre-emptively say i told you so.

I'll second that prediction. There's way too many dumb people who don't really pay attention to what's going on and will always vote republican (people like Shorrtee). There's no way Kerry can get through to those kinds of voters.

Kiko
24th September 04, 09:14 AM
Funny, BBH.. I now think the same thing about how Hillary got to be NY's Senator. There's lots of stupid people who are loyal to a party and don't pay attention to what they're getting.

I feel better knowing it works both ways. That's very scarey.

Coldelf-Talons
24th September 04, 10:39 AM
I don't get to vote cause im Canadianese...

I would be inclinded to vote for Kerry, were I living in the States. This is because I am a Hippy. On the otherhand, had Bush gone and kicked Iran's and North Korea's ass instead of Iraq, then I would be more inclinded too vote for him.

joen00b
24th September 04, 11:20 AM
Ya know, Cold Elf, I think I could see myself backing Bush would he have better handled everything Post 9/11. I haven't agreed with 90% of his aggressive actions towards other countries, and the ones I did agree with, I don't think he did enough.

In Afghanistan, we should have a lot more ground forces dedicated to the area. Sure, it's a logistical nightmare to attempt something of this nature in Afghanistan, but one we could have done since wee have bases in the area. Instead, we gave Afghanistan the Clinton Treatment: Throw a few bombs on them send in way too few troops, and make distractions to forget about the place. We should not have gone into Iraq, as the Taliban were the ones harboring Fugitives. If people think we really got rid of the evil Taliban, they're kidding themselves, as it's still the same type of regime under a different name.

Our aggressions against Iraq are for something far more nefarious than anyone in the nation will know. If we can quiet the joint down and open bases their, we will have a strong military presence in the Middle East allowing us to launch attacks from there on places like Iran when they get jumpy, Saudi Arabia when the Royal Family gets ousted by the terrorists (Saudi Arabia has more militant terrorists in training than all of the rest of the Middle East combined), and most of all, get our hands on all the oil.

The last 3 years have been a travesty, starting the new century with what could possibly be the most ill fated invasion for the rest of the century. Since we're in too deep and can't get out, this leaves whomever follows Curious George into Office with this mess. That's been the history of this guy: leave messes for other people to deal with, and when it gets too much, daddy and his friends bail him out.

Thespis
24th September 04, 01:04 PM
that's still stupid. you havent got a fucking clue what bush might have done if he did actually serve. regardless of how much of a jackass kerry was while he did serve, the fact is that he did, and he actually put his life on the line, and bush didn't.

Yes politics are stupid. That's why to me it is voting for the lesser of two evils. I didn't say Kerry was a jackass while he did serve. I'm saying he was a complete moronic and possibly traitorous jackass AFTER he served, and has continued to be since then. Putting or not putting life on the line does not qualify or disqualify a person from leadership or even make them a good or bad leader. I didn't vote in the Gore / Bush election because I didn't know enough about either of them to make an informed decision. I know more about Bush now, and despite his negatives, I'd rather have him in office than Kerry, which is why I am voting this year.

Shorrtee McHeals
24th September 04, 01:59 PM

I'd rather have someone with no military experience at all than someone who served and then felt the need to lie about it afterwards.

And whats up with Kerry totally shitting on the veterans when he got back. Not cool at all...

Shorrtee McHeals
24th September 04, 02:00 PM
There's way too many dumb people who don't really pay attention to what's going on and will always vote republican (people like Shorrtee).

Hi, I voted for Gore in 2000, thx

imported_Blazer
24th September 04, 02:21 PM
meh i've sadi it before, i dont care about who served in what war, and whos a hero. because i probably would dodge a draft. going to a war i am against or a war period where i might be forced to kill is not worth going to just to avoid jail.

Big Black Hole
24th September 04, 02:30 PM
Hi, I voted for Gore in 2000, thx

Wasn't that before you became a 'born again' though...

Shorrtee McHeals
24th September 04, 02:36 PM
Wasn't that before you became a 'born again' though...

No. I wouldnt even refer to myself as "born again" now.

Big Black Hole
24th September 04, 02:43 PM
Either way, you obviously had a different political opinion back then, because I'm sure you'd vote for Bush now if it were between Gore and Bush again, since you get arroused at the mere mention of his name.

Shorrtee McHeals
27th September 04, 03:16 PM
Either way, you obviously had a different political opinion back then, because I'm sure you'd vote for Bush now if it were between Gore and Bush again, since you get arroused at the mere mention of his name.

Yea, for some reason I always pop a boner when someone mentions "bush."

imported_Blazer
27th September 04, 03:24 PM
Funny, BBH.. I now think the same thing about how Hillary got to be NY's Senator. There's lots of stupid people who are loyal to a party and don't pay attention to what they're getting.

I feel better knowing it works both ways. That's very scarey.

california =( damn hippies, only reason there is a republican governer is because he was a movie star.