PDA

View Full Version : Bush continues to battle the english language.

Hurricane Aegien
11th September 04, 03:04 PM
I'm suprised this hasn't been posted yet.

President Bush continues battle with the English language

POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. (AP) - President Bush's bout with the English language continued Monday, when he offered a surprising explanation of what gynecologists might do with their patients if not for all those pesky malpractice lawsuits.

"Too many good docs are getting out of business," the president said. "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

It's not clear what Bush meant to say, but it was presumed that he misspoke. The line came as he attacked his Democratic opponents for siding with trial lawyers against doctors in the battle over limiting lawsuits.

Bush has a well-known history of such gaffes and poked fun at his own verbal challenges during his speech last week at the Republican National Convention.

The love line followed another bit of odd phrasing two days earlier, during a Saturday speech at an Erie, Pa., football stadium. There, he explained his proposal last year to spend $87 billion on "armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel."

He did not intend to be so macabre.In that case, Bush simply flubbed his usual line, explaining that the money was intended for, among other things, body armor and spare parts.

Chantress
11th September 04, 05:57 PM
Too bad we dont have a recorder running for every word we all ever speak. I'm sure it could be quite humorous once analyzed.

Derreck
11th September 04, 06:53 PM
Oh, don't get all ass-injured because someone's giggling at Bush. Jesus, Chantress.

Yiktin Voxbane
11th September 04, 07:21 PM
ass-injured .

And stuff shot out my nose... TY Derreck, 'twas hot coffee .

Derreck
11th September 04, 07:52 PM
Oooh, my bad. :(

Voompa
11th September 04, 08:52 PM
When is Chantress going to get laid so he can calm the fuck down about everything?

Xesor
12th September 04, 12:58 AM
Seemed to me he was just pointing out the inherent stupidity in these types of posts. And I don't think Christians have sex.

Chantress
12th September 04, 09:24 AM
Wow sounds like ya'll are the ones wound up. I was just making an observation. People have started TV shows with this kind of material. Ever see America's Funniest Home Videos? So relax, because I could care less if someone makes fun of his verbal gaffs. I even find them quite humorous myself from time to time.

Steps
12th September 04, 11:01 AM
This ain't no sheet here Derreck and if you tell another soul, I'll be ripping you a new one. :)

Back in the late 80's and on into the 90's, we carried something called a side handle batton (http://www.copquest.com/25-2000.htm). When I first started out, all you could get was this huge @ssed, gangly thing, right? In fact they were so large we had clips inside the squads just to hold the fcuking sticks in place so we didn't have to sit down with them on our duty belts.

Along comes the smaller version, an expandable type a real boon for us, or so we thought. However the holder for the batton was this (and probably still is) plastic sleeve with a swivel joint. They were notorius for cracking or wearing out and you lose the whole friggin unit ala batton still in it while in a foot chase! It would sometimes spin upsdie down, dumping the batton out and tripping you up, no sh*t man.

Well getting off duty one night after working a little too long, like most guys I know, off comes the belt, on the easy chair, over to the ice box I go, striiping off the duty tunic, then the over the shoulder bullet resistant, wet and stanky vest, which of course goes on the kitchen table, so I can wash the carrier. Ready for the Heineken, pop goes the top, in comes The three fingers of Cardhu sans ice.

Over to the easy chair to take off the Danner patrol boots, sitting down normally is accomplished with a plop, drop and ease into position when all of the sudden, Good Time Charlie has GOT the BLUES up his backside! Remember that three fingers and popping I was talking about earlier? Yeah, you guess it gentle readers!!!! KABLOWIE, where oh where do you think that side handle batton was pointing and aiming for you know what?

Needless to say, that mutha hurt me daddy, and in a most personal way. Thank goodness for the trumble stop on the side handle there or I would have known the true meaning of @ss injured that night... The poly cotton pants did a good job in saving me as well, but I was more pissed at spilling the booze and holding onto a now foaming beer. F me running!

And that my friends, ain't no sh*t!

ODNS

Thespis
12th September 04, 09:43 PM
LOL Steps, that's a big bad ouch. Damn!

Merauk
12th September 04, 10:44 PM
Back in the late 80's and on into the 90's, we carried something called a side handle batton (http://www.copquest.com/25-2000.htm). When I first started out, all you could get was this huge @ssed, gangly thing, right? In fact they were so large we had clips inside the squads just to hold the fcuking sticks in place so we didn't have to sit down with them on our duty belts.

Thankfully in the new millennium the cross over was made to panties and other under garments.