PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who will vote for Kerry JUST BECAUSE it isn't Bush...

Thaelia
25th July 04, 09:08 AM
Following is a brief background on Mrs. John Kerry . She hates being called that, by the way: Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry. Married Senator Kerry in 1995. She only took his name eighteen months ago and she is an "interesting" paradox of conflicts.

If you thought John Kerry was scary, he doesn't hold a candle to his wife! Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was born in Mozambique, the daughter of a Portuguese physician, was educated in Switzerland and South Africa. Fluent in five languages, she was working as a United Nations interpreter in Geneva in the mid-60's when she met a "handsome" young American, H. John Heinz, III, who worked at a bank in Geneva. He told her his family was "in the food business."

They were married in 1966 and returned to Pittsburgh where his family ran the giant H. J. Heinz food company. He was elected to the US House of Representatives in 1971, and in 1976 he was elected to the first of three terms in the United States Senate. A Republican, he wrote a burning diatribe against some of the causes backed by young House member John Kerry.)

Several years later, in 1991, he was killed when his plane collided with a Sun Oil Company helicopter over a Philadelphia suburb. The senator, his pilot and copilot, and both of Sun's helicopter pilots were killed. He was survived by his wife, Teresa, and their three young sons. Four years later, having inherited Heinz's $500 million fortune, she married Senator John Forbes Kerry, the liberal then-junior senator from Massachusetts. She became a registered Democrat and the process of her radicalization was set in motion.

Heinz Kerry is not shy about telling people that she required Kerry to sign a prenuptial agreement before they were married. John Kerry may not have check writing privileges on the Heinz catsup and pickle fortune, but he is certainly a willing and uncomplaining beneficiary of it. A lot of hard-earned money, made through many years of hawking catsup, mustard, and pickles has fallen into the hands of two people who despise successful entrepreneurship and who believe in the confiscatory redistribution of wealth.

So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money?

Just one example:
According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation. And what does the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money? They support numerous antiwar groups, including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's tried. They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from "terrorist" states. They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas. They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt. He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico. These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be first lady, the wealthy widow of Republican senator John Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the United States. Aiding and supporting our enemies is not good for America, regardless of your political views.
If voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and see the real Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not appreciate her position as ultra rich fairy godmother of the radical left. They will not want to imagine her laying her head on a pillow each night inches away from the President of the United States.

More to chew...

Check some of your Heinz products for where they are made. Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened. However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory. That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry. According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerry's own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean. I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated in foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United States. Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner? If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign factories and bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor....

Traetick
25th July 04, 10:16 AM
you thinking what im thinking pinky?

i think so brain, but there isnt a who gives a fuck option.

Yiktin Voxbane
25th July 04, 10:21 AM
Best Analogy ever !!

or

I think so brain but how do we get a sheep to wear high heels ?

Merauk
25th July 04, 10:48 AM
At least she doesn't consult astrologers and dance with druids.

Kwill
25th July 04, 11:17 AM
Frankly, reading between the lines, she just sounds very liberal, probably more liberal than her husband. The cases the author foams at the mouth about sound on the surface anyway, like civil liberties issues and social justice issues.

I would want to hear a more balanced account of the organizations she supports before I would accuse her of being a communist supporter or a supporter of an Islamic state poised to take over America, which is what the article seems to imply.

Energiser
25th July 04, 11:57 AM
I think so brain, but burlap does chafe so.

Mesmer
25th July 04, 12:42 PM
Frankly, reading between the lines, she just sounds very liberal, probably more liberal than her husband. The cases the author foams at the mouth about sound on the surface anyway, like civil liberties issues and social justice issues.

I would want to hear a more balanced account of the organizations she supports before I would accuse her of being a communist supporter or a supporter of an Islamic state poised to take over America, which is what the article seems to imply.

Until 2 years ago, she had been a registered republican her entire life.

Mrs. Kerry is a good person who spends most of her time managing a 1 billion dollar charitable endowment.

Whoever created this thread, do you have your own free will? Or do you just repeat whatever talking points the republican party instructs you to repeat?

Chantress
25th July 04, 12:44 PM
Until 2 years ago, she had been a registered republican her entire life.

Mrs. Kerry is a good person who spends most of her time managing a 1 billion dollar charitable endowment.

Whoever created this thread, do you have your own free will? Or do you just repeat whatever talking points the republican party instructs you to repeat?

pot ... kettle...black?

Typical liberal acussing someone of doing what they are guilty of. If you want to see the "Democratic Playbook" just watch them. They will accuse the Republicans of whatever it is they are doing.

Chantress
25th July 04, 12:46 PM
On another note, Thaelia My contact in the Bush Administration says he is very displeased with the size of the text in your post. The supreme overlord wants you to fix it immediately.

Mesmer
25th July 04, 12:55 PM
pot ... kettle...black?

Typical liberal acussing someone of doing what they are guilty of. If you want to see the "Democratic Playbook" just watch them. They will accuse the Republicans of whatever it is they are doing.

Your kidding right? 2004 Republicans are the kings of repetitive talking points. Here are a couple examples from just the past two weeks.

Jon Stewart: "It’s not easy keeping up with current events. As soon as you catch up, more happens. That’s where conventional wisdom fits in. Conventional wisdom is the agreed upon understanding of an event or person. John Kerry is a flip flopper. George Bush has sincere heartland values and is stupid. What matters is not that the designation be true just that it be agreed upon by the media so that no further thought has to be put into it. So how is conventional wisdom arrived at? For instance, let’s take the example of the addition of John Edwards to the Democratic ticket. I don’t know how to feel about that. I don’t know what it means. Here’s how I will."

CNN: "This is 28 pages from the Republican National Committee. It says, ‘Who is Edwards? It starts off by saying a disingenuous, unaccomplished liberal.’ We also saw from the Bush-Cheney camp they released talking points to their supporters."

Jon Stewart: "Talking points. That’s how we learn things. But how will I absorb a talking point like ‘Edwards and Kerry are out of the mainstream’ unless I get it jack hammered into my skull? That’s where television lends a hand."

Fox News: "He stands way out of the main stream."
CNN – Terry Holt, Spokesman for Bush Camp: "…way out of the main stream."
CNN – Communication Director, Bush-Cheney: "He stands so far out of the main stream."
CNN – Lynn Cheney: "He’s so out of the main stream."
CNN - Terry Holt: "They’re out of the main stream."
CNN – Frank Donatelli, GOP Strategist: "…well out of the main stream.

Jon Stewart: I’m getting a feeling. I think, I think they’re out of the main stream. But, what if I wonder why?

CNN – Frank Donatelli: "…two of the foremost liberal senators of the US Senate."
CNN – Crossfire: "…two of the foremost liberal senators of the US Senate."
MSNBC – Ed Gillespie: "…the most liberal rated senator in the US Senate."
Hardball – Lynn Cheney: "…the most liberal senator of the Senate."
Fox News: "…who was rated as the number 1 liberal in the US Senate."
Fox News – Elizabeth Dole: "…the number 1 most liberal senator in the US Senate."

Jon Stewart: Wow! Those guys are liberals!! In fact, if I didn’t know better, I’d say they’re the first and fourth most liberal in the whole Senate. Wow! And while we don’t have any idea what that means and where those rankings come from and how they were arrived at or whether it’s even true, I don’t like the sounds of it. And it’s certainly not something for the media to question. As a matter of fact, I would imagine people like that, liberal and out of the main stream, hang out in some pretty extreme places.

ABC – This Week – Lindsey Graham: "…talking about the hatefest."
CNN: "…Hollywood hatefest."
Fox News: "…last Thursday night’s hatefest."
Pat Boone: "…Radio City Music Hall hatefest…"

Jon Stewart: "Yeah. See, out of the main stream, liberals, and hatefest. Keeping up with current events is easier than you thing. Talking points – they’re true because they’re said a lot."

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/07/con04299.html

Shroomed
25th July 04, 01:00 PM
Yes yes, because the Daily Show is SUCH a wonderful provider for unbiased, informative daily news.

Chantress
25th July 04, 01:03 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!

Talking points were around LONG before the recent history that you posted. The first time i remember them being used was at the 2000 election by the Gore cronies, but then again I am fairly young, and didnt pay good attention in 1996 like I should have.

Mesmer
25th July 04, 01:06 PM
Yes yes, because the Daily Show is SUCH a wonderful provider for unbiased, informative daily news.

I see. So, the use of those phrases occurred as a result of the Daily Show's biased news, right? I mean, Jon Stewart forced all those people to go on talk shows and say the exact same thing, yes?

Chantress
25th July 04, 01:19 PM
Most likely because he is obviuosly a plant by the Democratic party to sway us all to be liberal sissies!

or something like that anyway.

Chantress
25th July 04, 01:20 PM
Why did Tetsou delete his post?

Tetsou
25th July 04, 01:21 PM
Seriously, if your quotes contain elipses before or after the quote, you can be pretty sure it's a biased edit. If it has them on both the beginning and the end, then it's absolutely biased, and ALSO very likely to be completely incorrect. Generally speaking, that is.

Hurricane Aegien
25th July 04, 01:45 PM
I'd like to just point out that John Kerry's wife, wouldn't be the president.

Merauk
25th July 04, 01:59 PM

People said the same thing about Dick Cheny and look what happened!

Bukow
25th July 04, 02:21 PM
A donor is invariably tainted by the character of the organizations he or she supports. Anyone who supports the ones which Mrs. Heinz donates to, is either ignorant or an asshole, and probably both.

A "good person," eh? Is that liberalspeak for "useful idiot?"

Kiko
25th July 04, 02:50 PM

Can you promise us that about Bill Clinton's wife too? Please?

Merauk
25th July 04, 03:36 PM
Can you promise us that about Bill Clinton's wife too? Please?

I wonder if Rush and the Right would still view any negative comments about the President during the war on terror as aiding and assisting the enemy if Hillary was President?

Kiko
25th July 04, 03:42 PM
Feel free to ask Rush. Would Hillary go to war if she were President? Lotsa 'ifs' in there, huh?

Shroomed
25th July 04, 04:12 PM
I see. So, the use of those phrases occurred as a result of the Daily Show's biased news, right? I mean, Jon Stewart forced all those people to go on talk shows and say the exact same thing, yes?

No, I'm saying that you shouldn't look to a medium designed to entertain and expect it to provide you with proper information. That's like going to a comedy club and expecting a church sermon.

Phleg
25th July 04, 07:31 PM
People said the same thing about Dick Cheny and look what happened!

And Clinton.

Isn't Hillary quoted as saying something along the lines of, "He can't do that. We are the President."

Xesor
25th July 04, 09:18 PM
At the very least, you know it's what she was thinking.

Kiko
26th July 04, 08:24 AM
Shrillary has done NOTHING for NY since she became Senator. At least nothing to improve anything I can see. She's just biding her time with a stepping stone, ready to lash out at the winner of the 2004 election in 2008. I SOO hope Rudy Gulianni is taking care of himself.

Back to the topic.. aside from her fickle superficiality and I'm-rich-so-I-can-do-anything-I-want attitude, you'd think the woman might have a sense of STYLE..

GAH, Look at this dress! (http://www.time.com/time/election2004/photoessay/gatefold/13.html) Would you be caught DEAD in this, let alone get married in it?

Merauk
26th July 04, 09:27 AM
Back to the topic.. aside from her fickle superficiality and I'm-rich-so-I-can-do-anything-I-want attitude, you'd think the woman might have a sense of STYLE..

GAH, Look at this dress! (http://www.time.com/time/election2004/photoessay/gatefold/13.html) Would you be caught DEAD in this, let alone get married in it?

Funny when the Democrats said the same thing about Barbara Bush the Right went insane.

Kiko
26th July 04, 09:32 AM
Barbara Bush dressed like Aunt Bea and read to poor kids. I don't recall her telling reporters to 'Shove it'.

Merauk
26th July 04, 10:02 AM
I don't recall her telling reporters to 'Shove it'.

What does how Mrs. Kerry acts have to do with you insulting her sense of fashion. I recall Mrs. Bush when asked what she thought of Geraldine Ferraro that she wouldn’t say the exact word on television but that it “rhymes with witch”. In either case I really don’t see what the issue is as neither of the two people in question are running or have run for public office.

You apparently though feel a need to attack a guy’s wife because you lack the mental fortitude to make the actual debate on the issues of John Kerry and George Bush’s respective candidacies.

Kiko
26th July 04, 11:00 AM
Or, I've made up my mind based on what I've seen and heard from both of them and will let you and others do the same. Thanks for the judgement though. I'm not here to debate you or anyone. Kerry and Bush will do that soon enough, hopefully.

And since when does anything we post here have to do with the original thread topic, let alone the first thought of the post? No rules.

Merauk
26th July 04, 11:21 AM
I'm not here to debate you or anyone.

Smart move on your part lets see if you have the ability to carry through on it.

Thaelia
26th July 04, 03:04 PM
You apparently though feel a need to attack a guy’s wife because you lack the mental fortitude to make the actual debate on the issues of John Kerry and George Bush’s respective candidacies.I've always thought that one is a product of their environment - you hang out with drug addicts you become one...you hang around with your wife who's a commie, you tend to get some of her views. Let's not address the pussy control issue either. Mr. Kerry is the puppet, Mrs. Kerry the puppetmaster...

anything is possible, no?

Just for the record, I don't give a shit about politics - it's all a bunch of shit to me. I am merely making a thread for everyone to get all hot and bothered about, nothing more, nothing less. It's good brain exercise....

Bukow
26th July 04, 03:59 PM
I've always thought that one is a product of their environment - you hang out with drug addicts you become one....

Was Rush Limbaugh hanging out with drug addicts?

I think the view you articulate trivializes personal responsibility. Sure, the circumstances in which one finds himself are not entirely of one's own making, but nevertheless, they often reflect one's decisions.

Hell, I spent seven years in college and I didn't turn into a communist or a green. =p

Kwill
26th July 04, 04:00 PM
Guilt by association, eh? I think people of like mind tend to gravitate to one another, but just because you hang out due to other circumstances with those who don't share your views doesn't mean you have to change your ways. For instance, this board. I have not changed my views because I hang out with you people.

Chantress
26th July 04, 04:43 PM
Guilt by association, eh? I think people of like mind tend to gravitate to one another, but just because you hang out due to other circumstances with those who don't share your views doesn't mean you have to change your ways. For instance, this board. I have not changed my views because I hang out with you people.

And you are still just as wrong as you have always been! :p Just teasin.

In response to Bukow, addiction to medical prescribed drugs is a little different than the scenario that was presented.

Bukow
26th July 04, 06:20 PM
In response to Bukow, addiction to medical prescribed drugs is a little different than the scenario that was presented.

Yeah, mostly because Rush is a famous celebrity, and most drug addicts aren't.

Quite a laugh, though, watching conservatives writhe and try to argue that Rush was "not like other drug addicts," when he spent years lecturing us all on the evils of illicit drug use and supporting the insane and utterly lost "War on Drugs." Some kind of karma, eh?

Sithray
26th July 04, 09:25 PM
Shrillary has done NOTHING for NY since she became Senator. At least nothing to improve anything I can see. She's just biding her time with a stepping stone, ready to lash out at the winner of the 2004 election in 2008. I SOO hope Rudy Gulianni is taking care of himself.

Besides getting them 40 billion to rebuild ground zero...but hey, 40B not a whole lot huh?

Gaef
26th July 04, 09:30 PM
Hell, I spent seven years in college and I didn't turn into a communist or a green. =p

oh yeah? well I spent several years in college and didn't turn into a graduate :p

Xioxou
27th July 04, 03:19 AM
I think so Brain, but where will we find rubber pants at this time of night?

In any case, if this was supposed to disuade me from voting for Kerry it didn't work. I LIKE where she's sending her money, I LIKE that she speaks four languages and worked in the UN. I'm not sure if you're supposed to spice these things up with positive points when trying to cut someone down.

Kumbukk
27th July 04, 05:12 AM
I think so Brain, but where will we find rubber pants at this time of night?

In any case, if this was supposed to disuade me from voting for Kerry it didn't work. I LIKE where she's sending her money, I LIKE that she speaks four languages and worked in the UN. I'm not sure if you're supposed to spice these things up with positive points when trying to cut someone down.
commie

Kwill
27th July 04, 08:34 AM
:lovey: for Chantress. That was funny.

Flare
27th July 04, 10:03 AM
She's not a commie, she's a muslim terrorist... get it straight!

beck
27th July 04, 10:16 AM
She's an educated, rich, independent woman who refuses to cowtow to anyone. I'll be pleased as punch when she is first lady.

Phrost
27th July 04, 11:23 AM
Anyone actually watch the video? She argued for a bit with the reporter, then ran off to powwow with I think the Mass. governor, THEN ran back and told the guy to shove it.

What's funny is:

A. She'd just finished giving a speech on civility in politics.

B. The reporter was just repeating what she said, and asking a question about it.

Can you say Psychobitch?

Merauk
27th July 04, 11:31 AM
Can you say Psychobitch?

All women by definition are psychobitch's.

Nuku_Unu
27th July 04, 11:37 AM

/agree!!!!!!!!! Hillary is worthless the only reason she ran here was because the polls supported a sure win here for some reason these fools in NY thought she would do something.

Rizzenn
27th July 04, 11:39 AM
Besides getting them 40 billion to rebuild ground zero...but hey, 40B not a whole lot huh?

The new Tower is gunna look like shit btw.

Just sayin...

Thaelia
27th July 04, 01:02 PM
All women by definition are psychobitch's.
That's like reading a book, thinking it sucks, and never reading again because you think they are all bad.

Then again, Rauk not spreading his seed is a good thing, I don't want him in the gene pool....:(

Bukow
27th July 04, 01:24 PM
She's an educated, rich, independent woman who refuses to cowtow to anyone. I'll be pleased as punch when she is first lady.

Is that why she picked such a wishy-washy, indecisive husband?

beck
27th July 04, 01:36 PM
Is that why she picked such a wishy-washy, indecisive husband?

This from the guy that gets spanked by fetish models...just saying..... :)

Bukow
27th July 04, 01:37 PM
This from the guy that gets spanked by fetish models...just saying..... :)

Lies. I spank them.

beck
27th July 04, 01:44 PM
Lies. I spank them.

of course you do dear :p

Mesmer
27th July 04, 04:22 PM
Lies. I spank them.

Just keep telling yourself that, it might come true.

Antec
28th July 04, 08:20 PM

Eloco
28th July 04, 09:18 PM
To spank or be spanked, that IS the question!

Xioxou
28th July 04, 09:49 PM
Lies. I spank them.
Spank -to- them, maybe.

Riddeck
28th July 04, 10:51 PM
Spank -to- them, maybe.

I love it when you talk dirty. 8/

Bukow
29th July 04, 01:36 AM
Just keep telling yourself that, it might come true.

Spank -to- them, maybe.

Yeah, because 1) people on this board who've met them with me in RL; and 2) the pictures I've shown, of course, don't trump preconceived notions and the fact that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Not that <i>that</i> ever stopped anyone... If it did, there'd probably be a total of about three threads on these forums.

Derreck
29th July 04, 01:59 AM
Just ignore them, Bukow, they're just trying to get a rise out of you.

Yiktin Voxbane
29th July 04, 03:47 AM
/Rim Shot

Chantress
29th July 04, 09:29 AM
Yeah, mostly because Rush is a famous celebrity, and most drug addicts aren't.

Quite a laugh, though, watching conservatives writhe and try to argue that Rush was "not like other drug addicts," when he spent years lecturing us all on the evils of illicit drug use and supporting the insane and utterly lost "War on Drugs." Some kind of karma, eh?

I have a bit more compassion on any person who is addicted to medically prescribed drugs that were legal scripts when they started. It is no where near the same as the guy who went out looking to get high. They are both wrong, and should both be punished. Rush should NOT get off scott free.

Phrost
29th July 04, 09:52 AM
Wasn't Rush addicted to Oxycontin(sp), a pain killer that's widely known for being highly addictive and the basis of an ongoing class action lawsuit for this very reason?

Chantress
29th July 04, 10:49 AM
Yes

Phrost
29th July 04, 11:08 AM
Which would render any blathering about his addiction meaningless spin, yes?

Merauk
29th July 04, 11:09 AM
Wasn't Rush addicted to Oxycontin(sp), a pain killer that's widely known for being highly addictive and the basis of an ongoing class action lawsuit for this very reason?

I love the smell of spin in the morning.

Phrost
29th July 04, 11:14 AM
No spin about it, life's not black or white. Rush was once perscribed Oxycontin, and as the drug should have never made it to the market due to its overpowering addictive properties, this mitigates a good deal of his responsibility for continuing to take it after his perscription ran out.

I'd say the same thing if it was Billary Clinton, it's fact, not spin.

Bukow
29th July 04, 01:20 PM
They're suing about it now? Oxycontin is basically just a time-released Percodan/Percocet (oxycodone,) so of course it is addictive. Let's all say it slowly, "Opoids... are... addictive," because everyone hasn't known it for, well, at least a hundred years.

It pisses me off a little, because people suing over things like this is part of the reason half the doctors in the country are scared to death to treat pain adequately.

I have a bit more compassion on any person who is addicted to medically prescribed drugs that were legal scripts when they started. It is no where near the same as the guy who went out looking to get high. They are both wrong, and should both be punished.

How about: They are both adults, and as long as their conduct didn't include violence toward anyone else, why not treat them as such? Why do so many people want to PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH like a vindictive lover or angry parent, instead of letting others do as they please? I can't understand for the life of me, the "War on Drugs," other than as a method of wish-fulfillment for control freaks.

beck
29th July 04, 01:34 PM
Rush broke the law. I read a little article here: http://newyorker.com/talk/content/?031027ta_talk_hertzberg, extremely biased but gets to the point in this little blurb:

Actually, under federal law there is no distinction between Oxycontin, Limbaugh’s reported pill of choice, and drugs like cocaine, methadone, and opiates. All are Schedule II drugs, which have medical uses but a high potential for abuse, and simple possession of any of them is punishable by up to a year’s imprisonment. Though Limbaugh may well have been introduced to painkillers via a doctor’s prescription, the suggestion that he became addicted to them under a doctor’s care is almost certainly false. So is the suggestion that he wasn’t taking them “recreationally”—i.e., to get high. The prescribed dose of Oxycontin, one tablet every twelve hours, is usually sufficient to relieve severe pain. The Enquirer has Limbaugh purchasing nearly twelve thousand during a four-month period in 2001—enough to soothe his back troubles for sixteen years.

Basically ole Rush went to 4 different doctors and got the same prescription then had them filled at different pharmacy's. I don't take the Enquirer's word for the amount of pills but they did break the story so it might be true.

Merauk
29th July 04, 02:04 PM
Rush was once perscribed Oxycontin, and as the drug should have never made it to the market due to its overpowering addictive properties, this mitigates a good deal of his responsibility for continuing to take it after his perscription ran out.

I agree the government is responsible for letting Rush down. Far to often we look to blame people for problems as opposed to asking the government to take care of us.

Nuku_Unu
29th July 04, 02:17 PM
It pisses me off a little, because people suing over things like this is part of the reason half the doctors in the country are scared to death to treat pain adequately.

/agree I am a firm believer if narcotics give you pain relief and give you a better quality of life then people should have them and the person taking them needs to be responsible for themselves and monitor their own intake. I take 2 to 6 vicadin a day for chronic back pain. Some days when I don't have to do a lot I can get through most of the day before needing to take any so only take 2 to help sleep because sleeping with pain SUCKS. Some days when I have to do more say house cleaning or the very little yard work I can do or go to walmart for 90 mins those days I take between 4 and 6 but never more then 6. I have been taking them now for about 10 years

Thespis
1st August 04, 04:57 PM

Hehe, people also say that Hillary Clinton wasn't the president. If you think a president's spouse has no sway, power, influence (or whatever you wish to call it), I'd wonder if you've ever been married? :)

Kwill
1st August 04, 07:50 PM
The Manchurian Candidate is such a bash at Hilary. Just saw that this evening.

beck
1st August 04, 11:06 PM
The Manchurian Candidate is such a bash at Hilary. Just saw that this evening.

I loved the original too much to go see the re-make.

Lucifrinia
2nd August 04, 08:56 AM
I posted this web site address in the other John Kerry thread. It's very interesting.

http://www.swiftvets.com/