PDA

View Full Version : Senator Kerry

Thaelia
13th June 04, 05:24 AM
I hate to make myself out to be one of the lemmings that takes everything I read as the 'gospel' but if half of that is said about Senator Kerry is true, Bush really shouldn't look so bad, to any party, after all. Enjoy!

Dear Senator Kerry:
Since it has become clear that you will probably be the Democratic nominee for President, I have spent a great deal of time researching your war record and your record as a professional politician. The reason is simple, you aspire to be the Commander in Chief who would lead my sons and their fellow soldiers in time of war. I simply wanted to know if you possess the necessary qualifications to be trusted in that respect.
You see, I belong to a family of proud U.S. veterans. I was a Captain in the Army Reserve, my father was a decorated Lieutenant in World War II; and I have four sons who have either served, or are currently serving in the military. The oldest is an Army Lieutenant still on activeduty in Afghanistan after already being honored for his service in Iraq. The youngest is an E-4 with the military police. His National Guard unit just finished their second tour of active duty, including six months in Guantanamo Bay. My two other sons have served in the national guard and the navy.
In looking at your record I found myself comparing it not only to that of my father and my sons, but to the people they served with. My father served with the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion in Europe. They landed on Utah Beach and fought for 317 straight days including the Cherbourg peninsula, Aachen, the Hurtgen Forest, and the Battle of the Bulge.
You earned a Silver Star in Vietnam for chasing down and finishing off a wounded and retreating enemy soldier.

My father won a Bronze Star for single handedly charging and knocking out a German machine gun nest that had his men pinned down. You received three purple hearts for what appears to be three minor scratches. In fact you only missed a combined total of two days of duty for these wounds.

The men of my father's unit, the 87th, had to be admonished by their commanding officer because: "It has been brought to our attention that some men are covering up wounds and refusing medical ttention for fear of being evacuated and permanently separated from this organization..." It was also a common problem for seriously wounded soldiers to go AWOL from hospitals in order to rejoin their units. You used your three purple hearts to leave Vietnam early.

My oldest boy came home from Iraq with numerous commendations and then
proceeded to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and from there back to Iraq again. My sons and father have never had anything but the highest regard and respect for their fellow soldiers. Yet, you came home to publicly charge your fellow fighting men with being war criminals and to urge their defeat by the enemy. You even wrote a book that had a cover which mocked the heroism of the U.S. Marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima.

Our current crop of soldiers has a philosophy that no one gets left behind;and they have practiced that from Somalia to the battlefields of the Middle East. Yet as chairman of a Senate committee looking into allegations that many of your fellow servicemen had been left behind as prisoners in Vietnam, you chose to defend the brutal Vietnamese regime. You even went so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs as Professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and dime-store Rambos. As a Senator you voted against the 1991 Gulf War, and have repeatedly voted against funds to supply our troops with the best equipment, and against money to improve our intelligence capability. I find this particularly ironic since as a Presidential candidate you are highly critical of our pre-war intelligence in Iraq. However, you did vote to authorize the President to go to war, but have since proceeded to do everything you can to undermine the efforts of our government and our troops to win. Is this what our fighting men and women can expect of you if you are their Commander in Chief? Will you gladly send them to war, only to then aid the enemy by undermining the morale of our troops and cuttingoff the weapons they need to win?

Our country is at war Senator, and as has been the case in every war since the American Revolution, a member of my family is serving their country during the war. Now you want me to trust you to lead my sons in this fight.

Sorry Senator, but when I compare your record to those who have fought
and died for this nation, and are currently fighting and dying, the answer is not just no, but Hell No!

Sincerely,
Michael Connelly February 14, 2004 Dallas, Texas

Xesor
13th June 04, 10:11 AM
http://www.theconnection.org/content/2002/04/12/0412cheese176.jpg

Energiser
13th June 04, 11:02 AM
I like cheese.

Kiko
13th June 04, 11:10 AM
PROVOLONE!

um.....
http://www.johnfkerrysucks.com/

Diggler McFeely
13th June 04, 01:54 PM
This thread is going to Hell, and it's taking all of us with it.

Thaelia
13th June 04, 09:42 PM
This thread is going to Hell, and it's taking all of us with it.

WTF does cheese have to do wit this thread? :headwall:

izedaman
13th June 04, 09:54 PM

goes with the wineing

Diggler McFeely
13th June 04, 10:10 PM
It has everything to do with this thread.

Eloco
13th June 04, 10:38 PM
I hanker for a hunk of cheese!

Xesor
13th June 04, 11:38 PM
Swiss cheese is full of holes. Hopefully you can put the rest together without numbers. :(

Ouden
14th June 04, 12:23 AM
I'm voting for Anyone Other Than Bush or Kerry. That's what I'm going to write in.

Kela
14th June 04, 12:49 AM
Ugh..shut your snatch you filthy whore.

imported_Driz
14th June 04, 09:32 AM
^
Schizophrenic

-D

Andorion
14th June 04, 09:56 AM
^
Schizophrenic

-D

laf

joen00b
14th June 04, 10:10 AM
Kerry's Platform is: Hey! At least I'm not Bush! The scariest part is it seems to be working. He's neck and neck with Bush so far, and he really hasn't taken a stand on anything aside from he's not George W.

Much like his father, 1 term and out after starting aggressions against a Middle East country for little reason.

Go figure!

beck
14th June 04, 10:25 AM
Jesus Christ could run for president and people would still find something wrong with him...

JC what was your relationship with the Magdelene?

Kiko
14th June 04, 10:31 AM
These days, yes. The 24/7 media needs SOMETHING to talk about. Even if it's talking about what they just said 5 minutes ago.

Aside from his views, Kerry's just too cold. Is there a person in there? Not that I can see.

Kela
14th June 04, 10:58 AM
"Hey at least I'm not Bush" is damn good enough for me.

Mesmer
14th June 04, 12:42 PM
"Hey at least I'm not Bush" is damn good enough for me.

Me too.

Phleg
15th June 04, 08:09 AM
And unfortunately, "not Bush" does not necessarily mean better than Bush. We could end up with someone better, or a whole lot worse. Voting for one candidate for the simple fact that you hate another is possible one of the most short-sighted things you can do.

Energiser
15th June 04, 08:31 AM
^
Schizophrenic

-D

Schizophrenia is not multiple personality syndrome.

Nikalos_2
15th June 04, 08:51 AM
Pessimism never created a job.

Ouden
15th June 04, 02:21 PM
Bush's new campaign poster.

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/images/teaser/war_invasion_poster.jpg

Mesmer
15th June 04, 04:58 PM
And unfortunately, "not Bush" does not necessarily mean better than Bush. We could end up with someone better, or a whole lot worse. Voting for one candidate for the simple fact that you hate another is possible one of the most short-sighted things you can do.

No its actually one of the most patriotic things you can do, especially when the canidate you are voting for holds positions similar to your own. Furthermore, I don't hate president bush personally. I do, however, severly dislike his fiscal and foreign policy decisions. I do think he is the worst president since Nixon. And I will throw my arms up in ecstasy and pump my fists in the air all the while proclaiming my thanks to god almighty when Mr. Bush is voted out of office in November.

Kiko
15th June 04, 05:06 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/tootsie.JPG

Diggler McFeely
15th June 04, 07:14 PM
Schizophrenia is not multiple personality syndrome.

As far as "the layman" is concerned, it is.

Then again, maybe you're on a personal crusade to correct "the laymen" of the world. If so, best of luck to you in your endeavors.

http://www.drudgereport.com/tootsie.JPG

JK: "Hold me, honey! I'm scared!"

Phleg
15th June 04, 11:10 PM
No its actually one of the most patriotic things you can do, especially when the canidate you are voting for holds positions similar to your own.

See, that's voting "for Kerry". Not voting "against Bush".

Kela
16th June 04, 01:14 AM
It's not possible to have anyone worse than Bush in office. No ifs ands or buts about it. Unless Bush likes the person better than him. Then that would suck. But obviously no one like that is going to run against Bush.

Energiser
16th June 04, 01:18 AM
As far as "the layman" is concerned, it is.

Then again, maybe you're on a personal crusade to correct "the laymen" of the world. If so, best of luck to you in your endeavors.

JK: "Hold me, honey! I'm scared!"

I'm not on any kind of crusade. It's just a peice of information. you can ignore it and keep calling multiple personality syndrome schizphrenia if you like i guess.

you can call taking a dump fucking your uncle too i suppose.

Damn, pull over here man, i needa go fuck my uncle.

.. nah, that'd be stupid.

Eloco
16th June 04, 04:16 AM
Schizophrenia is a disease that makes it difficult for a person to tell the difference between real and unreal experiences, to think logically, to have normal emotional responses to others, and to behave normally in social situations

Kumbukk
16th June 04, 04:26 AM
Mental disorders are overrated

Yiktin Voxbane
16th June 04, 05:00 AM
Simetomes mi Desyxilc

Phleg
16th June 04, 10:24 AM
It's not possible to have anyone worse than Bush in office. No ifs ands or buts about it. Unless Bush likes the person better than him. Then that would suck. But obviously no one like that is going to run against Bush.

This is the most retarded line of reasoning I've ever heard.

"Person A is bad, so there can NEVER EVER TOTALLY EVER 100% BE ANYONE BADDER THAN HIM." Come on Kela, I *know* you've had shitty managers, who've been replaced by someone even worse.

Kela
16th June 04, 10:48 AM
Oh I've had shitty managers...but I never claimed they were the worst. There are only two types of people that would be worse in office...the first would be someone just up Bush's alley who did the same things hes fucking up but even moreso. Bush would like the guy. (hence the exception I added at the end and they would be a fierce Republican and obviously there isnt going to be a republican besides Bush in the running this year) The other worse option would be something like Osama running for office. And obviously a person that horrible or someone as dumb as Jessica Simpson...isn't going to stand a chance at winning the election so yes, It's not possible to have anyone worse than Bush elected this year.

Phleg
16th June 04, 11:25 PM
That is the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard of. There are plenty of people worse than Bush on the opposite side of the political spectrum. John Kerry, for all you know, may be that person. Unfortunately, nobody can really tell, because instead of actually taking a position on any issues, he simply says, "Bush is doing it wrong."

Kela
17th June 04, 12:17 AM
No there aren't.

Energiser
17th June 04, 12:28 AM

I feel this is probably one of the few truly compelling reasons to keep bush in office.

Ouden
17th June 04, 12:41 AM
Bush and Kerry are exactly the same, there's no difference whatsoever.

Thaelia
17th June 04, 12:59 AM
Bush's new campaign poster.

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/images/teaser/war_invasion_poster.jpg

OMFT! That's hilarious O :D

Vote Ouden for Pres...atleast he's not Bush okay?

Yiktin Voxbane
17th June 04, 02:15 AM
I Ougree ....

Kela
17th June 04, 10:24 AM
He'd fall into the category of being liked by Bush and also the "too young" so doesnt count anyways. I think one of the rules of being president involves living somewhere other than your parents basement.

Ouden
17th June 04, 11:44 AM
Keep flailing around in your continued temper tantrum from when more people said they liked me than you.

Kela
17th June 04, 11:49 AM
Thats something I'm quite proud of. The people that don't like me...like something like you.

Kumbukk
17th June 04, 09:01 PM
I agree with Ouden?

Yiktin Voxbane
17th June 04, 09:18 PM
Heh, the term is.... I ougree :p