PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the movie Monster on DVD

Kwill
3rd June 04, 10:06 AM
Wow, what a film. Still has me disturbed this morning. And of course, while we were watching it, my friend says, "didn't you hear someone walking around in the backyard?!" So after she left, I had to lock all the windows and leave all the lights on.

The film is so well done, because you really have sympathy for this poor hooker that killed a lot of men. Then of course when she kills the "innocent" ones, you don't have so much sympathy. A total emotional rollercoaster. The really creepy person in the film was Selby, who used Aileen just like all her customers did ....

A very well written script and of course so well acted by both women.

I liked the discussion of choices, good and bad, and how people make them given circumstances. Such a defeatist and gritty film though, left me so depressed about how people can't change things even when they want to, or so the film suggests.

Riddeck
3rd June 04, 10:10 AM
Wow, what a film. Still has me disturbed this morning. And of course, while we were watching it, my friend says, "didn't you hear someone walking around in the backyard?!" So after she left, I had to lock all the windows and leave all the lights on.

The film is so well done, because you really have sympathy for this poor hooker that killed a lot of men. Then of course when she kills the "innocent" ones, you don't have so much sympathy. A total emotional rollercoaster. The really creepy person in the film was Selby, who used Aileen just like all her customers did ....

A very well written script and of course so well acted by both women.

I liked the discussion of choices, good and bad, and how people make them given circumstances. Such a defeatist and gritty film though, left me so depressed about how people can't change things even when they want to, or so the film suggests.

I stopped over my Mother's house, and my stepdaddy was watching it. All I seen was Christina Ricci and Charlize Theron making out, wishing she was not in all that make up. It would have been so hot.

I will prolly watch it tonight, just to know what you are talking about , really 8)

Kwill
3rd June 04, 10:15 AM
My friend says during the makeout scene as she was hiding her eyes, "it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so ugly!" I burst out laughing at her and said, "what are you, a lesbian scene snob? it would be okay if they were cute?" She started laughing too.

It is true that both of them are so unattractive in the film.

Then we both got totally grossed out with the graphic rape scene, that was so disturbing.

JustiNIC
3rd June 04, 10:38 AM
That IS Charlize??? I thought I was mistaken when I heard she was in that movie.

Phrost
3rd June 04, 10:44 AM
Wait a minute. You run a website frequented by all kinds of society's offal, and you DON'T KEEP YOUR WINDOWS LOCKED?

joen00b
3rd June 04, 10:52 AM
Wait a minute. You run a website frequented by all kinds of society's offal, and you DON'T KEEP YOUR WINDOWS LOCKED?

Says the man in the Urban Stronghold.....

Phrost
3rd June 04, 10:56 AM
You've seen first hand the number of people MY website has pissed off.

joen00b
3rd June 04, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah! I'm just waiting for you to announce some automated, motion sensored chain gun that comes out of the wall or something.

Phrost
3rd June 04, 11:24 AM
They get installed Friday.

Sithray
3rd June 04, 11:36 AM

I will sell you some robot gorillas equipped with AR-15's

Jimatra
3rd June 04, 11:55 AM
I'll take 2 please.

Phrost
3rd June 04, 12:13 PM
Fuck yeah.

Wait, are they waterproof?

Riddeck
3rd June 04, 12:13 PM

See you on Thursday? 8)

Ouden
3rd June 04, 12:23 PM
Ed 209 is all the protection I need.

Sithray
3rd June 04, 12:30 PM
Fuck yeah.

Wait, are they waterproof?

The hair is made from a type of petroleum based plastic, and the body is sealed and teflon coated under the Hair, so they are waterproof from basic things like Rain and small floods.

I can get them with Laser eyes but that is $14.00 extra.

imported_Bob
3rd June 04, 12:42 PM
How bout couple sharks with lasers?

December
3rd June 04, 12:45 PM
I want Velociraptors that can speak English.

Phrost
3rd June 04, 12:48 PM
Can I get them in blue?

We're running out of things to discuss here. I suggest we invade another forum.

Kwill
3rd June 04, 12:55 PM

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
3rd June 04, 01:01 PM
Can I quote you on that?

:drink:

Flare
3rd June 04, 01:07 PM
Just get a guard baboon.

Phrost
3rd June 04, 01:43 PM
Hey Flare... hit me up on YIM about the paintball thing. Times, dates, costs, and all that rot.

Yiktin Voxbane
3rd June 04, 10:49 PM
Ed 209 is all the protection I need.

You have 15 seconds to put down your weapon.

Personally, I would go for a themal activated Laser system, that chops anything into blood and bone for the garden.

Xioxou
3rd June 04, 11:24 PM
How about dogs? Or even bees? Or dogs... who, when they bark, shoot bees!

Energiser
4th June 04, 12:15 AM

deadcat
4th June 04, 12:16 AM
I have Title III firearms.

imported_Blazer
4th June 04, 02:46 AM
supid movie. the woman was so ugly its hard to look at her. Its well acted though, and does have a "good" story i supose, atleast something thats suposed to move you.. its just so fucking hard to sit through it when you have to look at that chick.