PDA

View Full Version : More Bush!

Zeta
6th April 04, 08:52 AM
http://members.cox.net/macallan_the/GW/GWBush1_MainPage.html

Kiko
6th April 04, 09:26 AM
OOOH.. I got someone I MUST send that to!

Cybsled
6th April 04, 09:39 AM
Haha that was the best comedy flash I've ever seen ;/

Zeta
6th April 04, 09:40 AM
Haha that was the best comedy flash I've ever seen ;/
Cyb, we really need to get you out of Mass. =/ The damn hippies there have ruined you!

Sithray
6th April 04, 09:49 AM
I agree with Cyb.

Mesmer
6th April 04, 10:27 AM
I did some important research, and I discovered that Clinton is not running for president in 2004.

Kiko
6th April 04, 10:29 AM
Both of 'em? COOL! Can you find the same results for 2008?

Kiko
7th April 04, 07:16 PM
Oke.. here's what's scarey. I played this again and used the link up top.

The file doesn't fill the screen, so Zeta's Av is still visible on the left side. I SWEAR it's jiggling in TIME to the music! Talented, Zeta!!

Shorrtee McHeals
7th April 04, 07:43 PM
Its really sad how Democrats always focus on the negatives.

Kiko
7th April 04, 07:50 PM
Shorrtee, who are you talkin' to??

Shorrtee McHeals
7th April 04, 07:53 PM
No one, like always!

imported_Solaris Flare
7th April 04, 09:52 PM
Its really sad how Democrats always focus on the negatives.

Shouldn't you have killed yourself by now?

Merauk
7th April 04, 09:55 PM

We really need to bring back the draft to crack some of these tanners in line.

Shorrtee McHeals
7th April 04, 10:13 PM

Wow you are almost as original as me!

imported_Solaris Flare
7th April 04, 10:35 PM
We really need to bring back the draft to crack some of these tanners in line.

Yes, send shortee to the middle east. The fuckers would then feel sorry for us after that.

Shorrtee McHeals
8th April 04, 08:27 AM
I wouldnt mind bagging a couple towelheads.

Altho, in order to join the military, you have to stop taking any and ALL meds you are on..... This would probably cause me to pull a Private Pyle halfway through boot camp.

Zeta
8th April 04, 08:43 AM
Oke.. here's what's scarey. I played this again and used the link up top.

The file doesn't fill the screen, so Zeta's Av is still visible on the left side. I SWEAR it's jiggling in TIME to the music! Talented, Zeta!!
Not much better in life then to watch some finely trained jigglies.

downinit
8th April 04, 08:50 AM

Altho, in order to join the military, you have to stop taking any and ALL meds you are on..... This would probably cause me to pull a Private Pyle halfway through boot camp.

I've been off the medication since the beginning of the year. I tried Zoloft and Effexor, and both were pieces of shit that messed up my sleeping patterns and did absolutely nothing in terms of depression. I figure it's the same with any antidepressants, they're all useless.

I eventually just stopped taking the medication cold turkey around the new year without doctor's orders. The withdrawl lasted about a week and was terrible. There were no psychological factors, but you lose control of your balance to the point that you can't even sit in a chair without feeling like you're about to fall out of it, and you get extremely low blood sugar to the point that you feel like you're going to faint if you don't eat something sweet/salty.

I will NEVER use antidepressants again. There's simply no use for them. They're seriously about as useful as hitting yourself over the head with a hammer. Once you're off them (and the withdrawl is over, which, by the way, is something the manufacturers try to deny even happens) you'll wonder why the hell you were even taking them in the first place.

Merauk
8th April 04, 12:07 PM

Either way America wins.

Andorion
8th April 04, 12:10 PM
http://jam.canoe.ca/JamGalleryJuno2004/05.jpg

more bush?

~Berj

Shorrtee McHeals
8th April 04, 12:17 PM
I've been off the medication since the beginning of the year. I tried Zoloft and Effexor, and both were pieces of shit that messed up my sleeping patterns and did absolutely nothing in terms of depression. I figure it's the same with any antidepressants, they're all useless.

I eventually just stopped taking the medication cold turkey around the new year without doctor's orders. The withdrawl lasted about a week and was terrible. There were no psychological factors, but you lose control of your balance to the point that you can't even sit in a chair without feeling like you're about to fall out of it, and you get extremely low blood sugar to the point that you feel like you're going to faint if you don't eat something sweet/salty.

I will NEVER use antidepressants again. There's simply no use for them. They're seriously about as useful as hitting yourself over the head with a hammer. Once you're off them (and the withdrawl is over, which, by the way, is something the manufacturers try to deny even happens) you'll wonder why the hell you were even taking them in the first place.

One word for you..... Remeron.

Antidepressants work great for me. The last time I went off my meds I attempted suicide.....

Kiko
8th April 04, 01:45 PM
AHH.. Saw that story about Allanis, but there was no pic on CNN.

Meds are like roulette. Docs don't even know what will work, it's all hit and miss. Usually they end up settling on the right mix for each person. It's a pharmaceutical crapshoot and so are the side effects. Therapy is better than meds.

Shorrtee McHeals
8th April 04, 01:47 PM
I agree with ya Kiko, it really is a crap shoot. You pretty much just have to experiment until you find something thats right for you.

Kiko
8th April 04, 01:50 PM
And find a doc willing to do the same. The ones who play the "let's not change anything for 6 months - a year" even when the drugs clearly do NOT work are jerks!

Shorrtee McHeals
8th April 04, 01:54 PM
Yep. I got lucky, my nurse lady is the coolest. She pretty much lets me pick and choose my own drugs. Sometimes I feel like a kid in a candy store. She'll let me try anything I want.

Some people may find that disturbing, but I do feel like you really need to TRY out different combos to find which is the best for you. I was on Remeron & Wellbutrin for a loooooong time. That was awesome for depression, but it did nada for my social anxiety. So I switched to Remeron & Paxil. That was ok for a while, but just the other day I decided to go off the Paxil and start on a Remeron & Zoloft combo, and now I'm gonna see how that works for a while.

Kiko
8th April 04, 02:05 PM
I find it WAY disturbing. Folks who have degrees don't understand this stuff.

Ah well, another thread derailed to hell!

downinit
8th April 04, 02:40 PM
I recommend just quitting the drugs altogether. Sorry, but that's pretty pathetic if you're so dependent on the drugs that you'll literally kill yourself as soon as you're off them.

I actually had a plan to kill myself WHILE I was on Effexor. I had a friend who was also suicidal and he was going to get me enough ecstacy to overdose on. He also informed me that antidepressants can reduce the effects of ecstacy, so I stopped taking them a few days before I was planning to kill myself. Anyhow, long story short, the whole plan got foiled and afterwards I decided not to bother going back on the antidepressants.

To this day I still think about suicide. I've come to terms with the fact that no drugs or doctors can help me and I'm simply on my own, and whether I want to try and take my life or not is entirely up to me. My psychiatrist basically told me that no drugs or cognitive therapy were going to help me and that I simply had to try and deal with things on my own, and I haven't seen him since.

I would also never inform anyone if I were planning to commit suicide, even if I trusted them, because its my own decision, and if I wanted to do it then I would, and I wouldn't look back. It's far more liberating than hiding behind drugs and doctors, and I'd suggest Shorrtee do the same if he weren't such a big pussy.

Menarion
8th April 04, 02:46 PM
Drugs don't work for everyone. Perhaps you are one of those people that don't actually have a chemical problem, but have a different type of problem.

downinit
8th April 04, 02:50 PM
Drugs don't work for everyone. Perhaps you are one of those people that don't actually have a chemical problem, but have a different type of problem.

Perhaps that is the case, but then again, that doesn't change anything for myself at least. The fact remains that my problems are my own and I simply have to deal with things myself.

Zeta
8th April 04, 02:51 PM
Lets get this thread back on track and talking about bush. Shaved or landing strip?

Andorion
8th April 04, 03:14 PM
"neat"

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
8th April 04, 04:00 PM
Lets get this thread back on track and talking about bush. Shaved or landing strip?

Shaved or trimmed in the shape of furry animals.

Or heart.

:p

December
8th April 04, 04:18 PM
Landing strip, or "racing stripe," all the way!

Shorrtee McHeals
8th April 04, 05:23 PM
Yep it could be that your problems are less physical and more mental Fyre. Mine are pretty much all physical. As long as the chemicals in my brain are at the right (normal) levels, I feel fine. As soon as they drop, I feel like killing myself.

Kela
15th April 04, 03:41 PM
http://www.johnkerry.com/features/tax_day/taxday.php

dont worry Z...i wont be voting. I just felt like arguing.

Zeta
16th April 04, 09:08 AM
http://www.johnkerry.com/features/tax_day/taxday.php

dont worry Z...i wont be voting. I just felt like arguing.
Poor Kerry needs to redefine his misery index. Unfortunately for him the recent economy numbers coming thru are incredibly positive and are blowing away poor Kerry's feeble attempt at Bush.

I think you should vote Kela. Just make sure to vote for Bush. Oh, and while you are at it. Make sure to keep the muff shaved.

Buzman
16th April 04, 09:20 AM
Definetely picking up for the 30,000 people that lost their jobs last week (or filed for unemployement actually), most since 2002 in a single week.

Kiko
16th April 04, 09:34 AM
Kerry (http://www.johnfkerrysucks.com/) needs to redefine himself. No, wait, he does that every other day ;)

Phrost
16th April 04, 09:50 AM
Because of bullshit media hype and political trolling, most people who make under $25K a year feel that they're paying too much taxes when they're actually paying next to nothing and mistaking it for their SS withholdings.

Flat tax motherfucker. Flat fucking tax.

Zeta
16th April 04, 09:59 AM
For you Kiko

Made in Mexico

Shortly after reading the following e-mail content, I happened
to look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles. Yep....
"Made in Mexico" . Check some of your Heinz products.

Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this
country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of
jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened. However,
he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush.

As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this
country because he is not the owner of a single factory.

That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerrys own 32 factories in
Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the
Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia.
Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in
Mexico and the Caribbean. 80% of Heinz products are made overseas.

I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when
these plants relocated in foreign countries. I also wonder if the
workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as
workers in the United States.

Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that
relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he
not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner?

If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign
factories and bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they
won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor.

Cybsled
16th April 04, 10:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/15/student.poll/

Says alot. See...doesnt matter if Kerry is all that great, people just want someone besides Bush ;P

Zeta
16th April 04, 10:43 AM

Says alot. See...doesnt matter if Kerry is all that great, people just want someone besides Bush ;P
Cyb, this is why we are trying to educate the ignorant. Kerry is far far worse of a person for the job. I'd be willing to be that most of the people who are so hard core anti-bush have nothing more of an arguement then to bitch that he sent us to war. If we didn't go to war, then in 3 years when the next terrorist attack happens, then you damn liberals will be crying, why didn't Bush do something to stop this!?!???! Guess what hippie. He is doing it right now.

Making an uninformed vote is worse then not voting at all. =/

I'm with Rauk on this one cyb. You should go shave. =P

Kela
16th April 04, 11:41 AM
I would never ever vote for bush. When clinton lied...nobody died man!

Cybsled
16th April 04, 11:53 AM
Lies...no shave!

Lets count the main reasons to get rid of Bush:
1) He makes his father's VP look like MENSA charter member
2) Hey, you got religion in my peanut butter!
3) Getting rid of Bush means getting rid of his VP, who is a fuckload worse then Bush
4) Enviro-mint? That sum kinda new gum flavah?
5) Any way you cut it, Iraq is a fuckup and Osama is still running around making "Al Queda's Funniest Home Videos"

Phrost
16th April 04, 12:35 PM

Completely fucking irrelevant. Most college kids are Liberals because most of their professors are, and they're not paying taxes on any substantial income. Check in with the group 10 years later when they're getting taxed on their college-derrived salaries to feed the lazy and stupid.

Shorrtee McHeals
16th April 04, 12:47 PM
Thats really one of the main problems with the American system. When you have only 2 candidates, it can end up where both of them suck ass. This is the position that liberals are in now. :( They hate Bush, but none of them can support Kerry. Poor poor liberal Democrats.....

Maybe they should get with the real outlook on America and realize Bush is the bestest!

Cybsled
16th April 04, 01:28 PM
You'd figure most military people would prefer a president who actually fought in a major war instead of the guy who went AWOL so he could snort coke ;o

Least when Clinton avoided Vietnam and was getting stoned, he was trying his hand in activism. Whereas Bush tries to make it seem like he was on s3kr3t missions protecting the homefront from classified NVA invasions.

Zeta
16th April 04, 01:42 PM
Cyb, I really think that if you shaved and let more oxygen into your head, you might get away from the liberal thinking.

Phrack has a pretty good point. When you are going to school and get 99% of your taxes back from working part time it is easy to say ya, fuck the rich. They don't need anymore money. Then they get out of school and realize that their hard earned dollars are buying cheese for a crackwhore with 10 kids so she can get perm wellfare checks.

Zeta
16th April 04, 01:45 PM
I would never ever vote for bush. When clinton lied...nobody died man!
Maybe of clinton would have pulled his head out of his ass and took Osama one of the 3 times he was offered to him, 9/11 wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't have to discuss this war. Yet

Probably a better thing then that you are not planning on voting. If you don't have a firm belief that one of the ppl running is the person for you, it is better then making a vote against the person you don't like because of him doing his job.

Cybsled
16th April 04, 01:54 PM
Well hey, when Bush has a really solid plan to solve ABUSE of welfare and actually gets it working, then maybe he'll earn a vote. Maybe he should have made that his focus in his Union address instead of tossing out non-issue fluff like "Gay Marriage is bad, mkay?".

Somehow I dont think he will change your "cheese tax" very much.

Menarion
16th April 04, 01:55 PM
I'm sure there is more than enough blame to go around on ALL of the Presidents prior to and including the current one. Throw in congress and the FBI and CIA for good measure too. When you have a country as free as ours something was bound to happen eventually. It's amazing to me that more terrorist attacks don't happen.

Buzman
16th April 04, 02:51 PM
I don't see why you idiots keep arguing this. You aren't changing anyone's mind either way. You are simulataneously preaching to the choir and deaf ears.

Merauk
16th April 04, 02:53 PM
Check in with the group 10 years later when they're getting taxed on their college-derrived salaries to feed the lazy and stupid.

Definitely check back in 10yrs when they have to pay off the huge deficit he created. Definitely check back when somebody has to raise taxes in order to pay it off. The entire US budget is made up of Social Security, Medicare, and Defense. Cutting school lunches, NEA, NPR, etc. means shit in the grand scheme of things. You can delete all discretionary spending and we would still need to cut one of the sacred three or raise taxes. The tax cut was bullshit (not to mention the government TAXED EVERYONE ONIT) it was a loan, not a rebate and you and I will be paying it off for a long time. I hope it was worth it.

Luko
16th April 04, 02:59 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Merauk again

Kela
16th April 04, 03:28 PM
F social security F medicare and F defense

Phleg
16th April 04, 03:54 PM
I actually have to agree with Merauk here. We didn't get a tax cut--we got a loan, and we're going to be paying interest on it. It doesn't help to cut taxes if you're going to raise spending, because we're going to have to pay it back off anyways.

Also, the Economist had a really good issue two weeks ago, giving actual reasons to attack Bush over, including his inflationary spending, stance on gay marraige, etc. It's what I've been saying all along: there are plenty of reasons to dislike Bush-they just aren't the issues people have been attacking him over.

Kela
16th April 04, 04:58 PM
Then you make a funny cartoon about why we should hate bush!

Phrost
16th April 04, 05:12 PM
Right now I'm really close to voting Libertarian, just to protest my lack of choice.

Merauk
16th April 04, 05:23 PM
Right now I'm really close to voting Libertarian, just to protest my lack of choice.

Neither candidate is any good. Bush though just pisses me off. He is a narrow minded fanatic who believes he is being commanded to do God's work. If he had been born in Saudia Arabia he would be Osama Bin Laden.

I will vote for Kerry not out of love of him, but out of spite for Bush. The guy has failed in ever conceivable way. Is Iraq policy and is a travesty and that isn’t just liberal hype, even guys like Luger are beginning to question what the fuck is going on. You look at countless career military (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20040416-9999-7m16zinni.html) and intelligence guys scratching their heads trying to figure out wtf he is smoking. Anyone even remotely critical of his ideas is branded as un-American or anti-soldier.

While American soldiers spill their blood he worries about same sex marriages.
While American soldiers spill their blood during the worst period of Iraqi instability he supports Israeli annexation of parts of the West Bank. Was this really something to announce at the time he did?

The guy is clueless and I see nothing from his Presidency of any good.

Shorrtee McHeals
16th April 04, 07:42 PM
Kicking ass and taking names. As long as American military muscle is being flexed somewhere, I'm a happy camper. As soon as we stop kicking ass and showing how big the American cock is, I'll start getting pissed off.

Mesmer
17th April 04, 12:39 PM
Kicking ass and taking names. As long as American military muscle is being flexed somewhere, I'm a happy camper. As soon as we stop kicking ass and showing how big the American cock is, I'll start getting pissed off.

Well, why don't you join the military so that you can personally kick some ass? I am sure the Army would be more than happy to send you to Iraq so that you could experience what its like when people shoot at you.

Shorrtee McHeals
17th April 04, 01:34 PM
I'm still thinking about joining when I get out of college. I would rather finish college first before I join tho.

Sabore Wallace
17th April 04, 01:49 PM
*shudder* A pox on you that made me search this out for shits and giggles of posting it.

http://freehairybush.com/scary04b.jpg *NSFW, but if you couldn't figure that out, you're an idiot*

orcmauler
17th April 04, 02:26 PM
I'm still thinking about joining when I get out of college. I would rather finish college first before I join tho.

Except you know good and godamn well you would be rejected due to your mental "instability" thus you continue to armchair quarterback all the while having no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Shorrtee McHeals
17th April 04, 04:11 PM
Nah you can still be accepted if you've had some mental problems.

Phrost
17th April 04, 05:09 PM
Definitely check back in 10yrs when they have to pay off the huge deficit he created. Definitely check back when somebody has to raise taxes in order to pay it off. The entire US budget is made up of Social Security, Medicare, and Defense. Cutting school lunches, NEA, NPR, etc. means shit in the grand scheme of things. You can delete all discretionary spending and we would still need to cut one of the sacred three or raise taxes. The tax cut was bullshit (not to mention the government TAXED EVERYONE ONIT) it was a loan, not a rebate and you and I will be paying it off for a long time. I hope it was worth it.

I think Social Security and Medicare are bullshit. It's not the government's job to be Mommy and Daddy, helping out when you get old. You either take care of yourself, make the right decisions in your life, or you fucking die poor. Life's not supposed to be fair.

Smaller government, strong defense, smart policy, small tax.

It's not that fucking hard.

Merauk
17th April 04, 05:24 PM
I think Social Security and Medicare are bullshit.

Good for you. The reality is though they will never go away and neither politcal party is going to vote to cut either one, it is politcal suicide. So you have a choice of cutting defense spending (which is unlikely to ever happen but more possible then cutting Medicare or Social Security) or raise taxes.

It doesn't change the fact that Bush's tax cut was a loan and retarded economic policy, but you keep on following blindly like a good little ditto head.

Voompa
17th April 04, 05:58 PM

If you join, they would pay for college. Why pay first and then join?

Shorrtee McHeals
17th April 04, 06:16 PM
Dont they also help pay back college loans?

Most of my school is already paid for anyways. The only loans I am taking out now are to pay to go to Mexico. Regular tuition is all taken care of.

Traetick
17th April 04, 08:06 PM
I think Social Security and Medicare are bullshit. It's not the government's job to be Mommy and Daddy, helping out when you get old. You either take care of yourself, make the right decisions in your life, or you fucking die poor. Life's not supposed to be fair.

Smaller government, strong defense, smart policy, small tax.

It's not that fucking hard.

what about folks with disabilities? power chairs, medicine, rehabilitation clinics cost a fortune. the only reason i know this is i take care of a disabled friend and have seen how bad some of these folks have it.

Phrost
17th April 04, 08:47 PM
They cost a fortune because they're subsidized by the government. In a free market system (meaning, the government stays the hell out of it), entreprenuership, innovation, and demand will determine the price.

Any time an industry is aware that the government is its #1 customer, even if only by proxy, there will be a substantial mark up.

And Merauk, I'm more than likely not voting for Bush.

I agree with you that there isn't much to cut, but eventually people might realize they're bullshit if the word gets around enough. Still, the best way to balance the budget fairly is to stimulate industry and developing technologies, such as stem cell research and biotech.

Biotech is the next Internet, and Bush and conservative religious fundy types are standing in the way of the US leading the world in this.

Cybsled
17th April 04, 10:03 PM
Phrack is right about biotech. The US is lagging behind Europe and Asia in large part because of bullshit bible thumpers, mainly in the area of stem cell research. You see the power that the US hold in regards to the PC industry...now imagine the country that develops a method of making stem cells turn into any cell they want, thus potentially savings millions from neurological damage or diseases.

Biotech = military advantages and quality of life advantages

izedaman
17th April 04, 11:16 PM
Few things I dont like about Bush.. I dont give a rats ass what is on Mars, and sending 10B to Africa to fight aids or somthing.. I kinda thought we hadda problem here with aids.. And the war.. your allways gonna have 'ani war' hippies.. even tho Sadam and his very friendly kids Uday n Tutay whatever there names are, were such nice guys and a total roll models for the world. People still think we shoulda just let him do his thing.. but then, some people think we shouldnt eat meat, or cut down trees, or let queer nuts get married..
Over all Bush seems to be doing ok with all the crap he came into, when he became pres..

As far as Kerry... All I can tell is he will say what ever his advisors tell him to say. he will try and make everyone 'happy' and tell each group, state, class, ethnic, etcetcetc what they wanna hear.. It was interesting to see the Heinze thing.. but please.. when you tax the rich more.. and the democrats like this.. the rich have the money to move out of the country, and not pay a dam cent if they dont want too.. we have been seeing this happen ALOT lately.. so if Bush wants to give 'tax payers' a break.. let him, and let the lower income, missled by democrats, scream and cry because someone that payed 50K in taxes last year gets back 1,000 this year, and when the low income guy that payed maybe 2k in taxes last year is only getting back 20 bucks.. all they see is that the rich guy got back 1000, and I only get 20 bucks.. thats just bullshit, im gonna vote democrat.
Well go ahead n vote democrat.. and say good bye to the $20 bucks >=)

just my 2cents.. and yea everyone is preaching to the choir, no ones gonna change there mind... for most now days it just seems like its a new 'reality' show.. 'the president'

And its really sad when we vote for a pres.. not cause we like him, but we dont hate him as much as the other guy... Thank the media for its great ability to find out everything about anyone, since they were 2 months old. and if they ever did anything wrong there gonna tell the world all about it... some people that would prolly make a good pres, wont even run, cause they got busted drunk driving when they were 18, and they never even told there parents.. why would they want the world to know now hehe.

Tetsou
17th April 04, 11:27 PM
Few things I dont like about Bush.. I dont give a rats ass what is on Mars, and

The fact you don't care what's on Mars shows you're closed-minded and short-sighted. Thanks for summing yourself up so nicely.

izedaman
18th April 04, 12:02 AM
The fact you don't care what's on Mars shows you're closed-minded and short-sighted. Thanks for summing yourself up so nicely.

Ahh not a problem.. just think we could use the money here, instead of trying to send billion dollar dune buggies there to look for water thats been gone for years. what are they gonna do if they find it? or if they find a fossil of some microscopic bug? why does it mater when we have stuff like gays trying to get married here on earth.. unless we gonna ship em to mars after they get married.. that would work.

orcmauler
18th April 04, 12:05 AM
Ahh not a problem.. just think we could use the money here, instead of trying to send billion dollar dune buggies there to look for water thats been gone for years. what are they gonna do if they find it? or if they find a fossil of some microscopic bug? why does it mater when we have stuff like gays trying to get married here on earth.. unless we gonna ship em to mars after they get married.. that would work.

Holy fuck you win the idiot of the year award, and that is hard to do around here. Good job on being clueless.

izedaman
18th April 04, 12:14 AM
Holy fuck you win the idiot of the year award, and that is hard to do around here. Good job on being clueless.

I guess you like shooting your tax dollars to mars.. more power to ya.

Tetsou
18th April 04, 12:17 AM
ns right?

You couldn't have said anything more braindead.

(this space originally had a tirade about WHY speicifically it's important to explore outerspace, but... you probably wouldn't understand 40% of the words I use.)

Give some thought to what could be gleaned from 1 DNA sample from a micro organism that came from another planet.

Tetsou
18th April 04, 12:18 AM
I guess you like shooting your tax dollars to mars.. more power to ya.

The betterment of humanity likes it too. Jesus fuck, tell me you're a fucking immigrant.. then maybe you can be deported to some 3rd world shithole that lacks zoning laws let alone have a space program.

izedaman
18th April 04, 12:23 AM
ns right?

You couldn't have said anything more braindead.

(this space originally had a tirade about WHY speicifically it's important to explore outerspace, but... you probably wouldn't understand 40% of the words I use.)

Give some thought to what could be gleaned from 1 DNA sample from a micro organism that came from another planet.

So we can clone more sheep? or make jurasic park 3 in mars?
was that more braindead for you?

izedaman
18th April 04, 12:42 AM

wow I found your article hehe:

Supporters of a Mars mission will no doubt claim that opponents of the plan are shortsighted. They say human exploration of the universe can bring unknown benefits.

But taxpayers shouldn’t foot the bill to feed this curiosity. When you weigh space exploration against balancing the budget, improving education and health care, strengthening our economy and reducing poverty, the argument falls apart.

Exploring space is undoubtedly romantic. But so is solving problems here on earth.

Snipped from TCU Daily Skiff

Xesor
18th April 04, 12:44 AM
It would have to be Jurassic Park 4. And I'd rent it.

Tetsou
18th April 04, 12:56 AM
Snipped from TCU Daily Skiff

Tell me that didn't come from the Texas Christian University paper.

Romantic isn't the reason. Space exploration is about discovery, not about finding ET. People who pine for a balanced budget are fooling themselves. You think the FED would ever let the government pay pack their loans? Never.

Reduce poverty? That's a human nature problem.

Improving education is a lost cause, it's up to the individual to make sure they aren't stupid.. which is how it should be.

Improve the economy? How do you think that happens? Through industry. The ONLY thing that matters is the next killer app. Science will be where that's found.

Improving healthcare... you mean.. for the poor? Sounds to me like people need to get better healthcare plans from their employers. I've never ever had any problem getting adequate solutions to any health issue I've had.

If taxpayers shouldn't foot the bill, then who should? Private industry? Do you have ANY idea what it costs to launch an exploratory mission outside the stratosphere?

Your college article is just that.. naive college criticism. It does nothing but parrot the same crap people have been spewing for years.

izedaman
18th April 04, 01:27 AM
the, only good thing I see from it.. even tho its costing billions.. is that those billions are spent mostly here, and that people are working. here.. were not moving NASA to Mexico for cheaper labor.. yet.
So if the government has a little project, and they are spending money, and using american labor.. putting the money back in america.. that is good.. rather then give it to lazy people that dont want to work, and thinks the government owes them welfare.

Cybsled
18th April 04, 08:14 AM
Look at it this way:

Out of all your taxes, almost %50 pay for a) defense b) national debt

Education/housing/environment combined is something around %8-10.

You've been pissing away your money of stuff like the Commanche...so why not on Mars/Moon missions that can end up yielding benefits beyond the missions themselves?

But the arguement "But we need to take care of stuff at home!" is fucking bullshit, because that money will NEVER BE SPENT on those things...and if it is, it will not be done so efficiently.

Shorrtee McHeals
18th April 04, 01:19 PM
Te fingiste exactamente enamorado, anunque nunca me has amado yo lo se.

Merauk
18th April 04, 02:08 PM
Spending money on going to mars and the military not only drives the economy but all that technology ends up in the hands of the consumer. GPS, velcro, and Tang just to name a few (fuck your OJ thread Tang is #1).

Nano-technology will be the next revolution (most call it the next plastic). It will have far more reaching economic impact then stem cells and is already being marketed today (Mercedes use nano-tech in the paints on their cars to make them harder). Pharmecutical industry does not drive the GNP of countries, the industrial base does and nano-tech will be its new fuel (like IC's are today).

orcmauler
18th April 04, 02:21 PM
Spending money on going to mars and the military not only drives the economy but all that technology ends up in the hands of the consumer. GPS, velcro, and Tang just to name a few (fuck your OJ thread Tang is #1).

Nano-technology will be the next revolution (most call it the next plastic). It will have far more reaching economic impact then stem cells and is already being marketed today (Mercedes use nano-tech in the paints on their cars to make them harder). Pharmecutical industry does not drive the GNP of countries, the industrial base does and nano-tech will be its new fuel (like IC's are today).

Fuck yeah I'm waiting for a shadowrun type revolution in nano-tech and bio tech where I can get nanites that will automatically excercise my muscles, clear my arteries, and regrow my hair.

The sad part is I am serious :(

Shorrtee McHeals
18th April 04, 02:33 PM
Actually Tang was around before the space program, and it wasnt invented for the space program either. The space program just made it popular.

Phrost
18th April 04, 02:48 PM

I associate Nano and Biotech together because of the medical uses of nanotechnology. Again, we're in agreement.

But we need to get past the ignorant superstitions associated with genetic research.

Merauk
18th April 04, 05:03 PM
I associate Nano and Biotech together because of the medical uses of nanotechnology.

Most people think of nanites from Star Trek and medicine when talking about nano-technology. While they are being used in that role the first and most major use will be in industrial applications. Think of IC's or plastics they are used in medical applications but that is not their sole or primary use. They really will be the plastic of the 21st century.

Bio-tech is sexy but saying it is gonna drive the economy is like saying Polio vaccacine made the 50's the roaring decade it was.

Shorrtee McHeals
19th April 04, 08:46 PM
I like the video they show in the game Alpha Centauri when you build The Nano Factory secret project. Its like a bunch of little nanite thingers building brand spanking new tanks out in the middle of nowhere.

Who cares about nanites for biotech and industry, lets use them to kill towelheads!

Mesmer
20th April 04, 11:32 AM
After reading some of Bob Woodward's new book, Plan of Attack, I am more terrified than ever that our president bases most of his decisions on his "conversations with god."

One of his advisors should tell this jesus-freak that we run a secular government here in the good ole US of motherfucking A.

December
20th April 04, 11:41 AM
Billary held seances, what's the difference?

Shorrtee McHeals
20th April 04, 12:07 PM
I think its good that Bush asks for guidance on big issues.

joen00b
20th April 04, 12:31 PM
Bush has to ask for guidance on snack treats. We were one pretzel away from President Cheney!

imported_Blazer
20th April 04, 03:13 PM
i'm moving to canada :headwall: if hillary becomes president in 2008.

Shorrtee McHeals
20th April 04, 04:19 PM
I would move to Canada if Al Sharpton ever became president. :(

Phrost
20th April 04, 04:23 PM
i'm moving to canada :headwall: if hillary becomes president in 2008.

Why? Canada's just as Liberal-Socialist as Hillary, maybe even moreso.

Shorrtee McHeals
20th April 04, 04:28 PM
Good point, I'd probably move down to Mexico. Get a job somewhere teaching English, making 100 pesos a month...... :p