PDA

View Full Version : Music of the Something...

Tenebrae Vision
4th April 04, 01:33 AM
Eh.. I'm in a "Wow, I feel like listening to shit I dug in Middle/High School" kick at the moment..

So here we go..

Sonic Youth - Kool Thing
Jesus and Mary Chain - You Trip Me Up
Adam Ant - Stand and Deliver (slightly before middle school :p for you jackasses keeping track)
Jane's Addiction - Three Days
Primus - Frizzle Fry
Jesus Jones - Stripped
Hole - Garbage Man (I totally dig Hole in Courtney's nasty, skanky, pre-Kurt, gutter whore days)
Echo and the Bunnymen - Do It Clean
Gary Numan - Cars
Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Kill Your Television

Yiktin Voxbane
4th April 04, 01:41 AM
Having a Pink Floyd weekend....

Animals
Ummugumma
*Packs Bong*
Relics

Ouden
4th April 04, 01:51 AM
Listening to Nylite and the Auschwitzses "This Oven Sure is Cramped"

Actually listening to Buckingham/Nicks

JustiNIC
4th April 04, 02:31 AM
Just started getting into ska since this big concert I went to last weekend so Reel Big Fish and Forces of Evil have snuck into my playlist.

Other than that, lots o' trance / rock like I always have, and I recently got a bunch of tracks from Cowboy Bebop from my friend, that is some good stuff.

Riddeck
4th April 04, 03:03 AM
Jane's Addiction - Three Days
[

Top notch Danny.

1) Coldplay Live 2003
2) Clutch (Any and all, seeing them in a week or so)
3) Train of Thought (DT)
4) Wish You Were Here (Pinkus Maximous Floydus)
5) Tenatious D...for fun.

And Relik of course 8/

Irbanoz
4th April 04, 05:33 AM
Dark Tranquillity - Haven

orcmauler
4th April 04, 09:29 AM
Just started getting into ska since this big concert I went to last weekend so Reel Big Fish and Forces of Evil have snuck into my playlist.

Other than that, lots o' trance / rock like I always have, and I recently got a bunch of tracks from Cowboy Bebop from my friend, that is some good stuff.
Try the Toasters Justin they are very good.

Xesor
4th April 04, 10:39 AM
King Missile - Detachable Penis
Descendents - Kabuki Girl
The Germs - Manimal
The Dead Milkmen - Takin' Retards to the Zoo
Bikini Kill - I Like Fucking

Nommis
4th April 04, 11:08 AM
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
Trigun Soundtrack - Colorless Sky
Annie Lennox - Into the West

JustiNIC
4th April 04, 11:26 AM
Try the Toasters Justin they are very good.

Oh yeah! Good thinking, thanks!

orcmauler
4th April 04, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah! Good thinking, thanks!
oh yeah check out Dance Hall Crashers, they get kind of ragged because of their singers, but I like them all the same.

Of course hopefully you know of old Mighty Mighty Bosstones (before they tried to sell out)

I was never really a fan of Reel Big Fish or Less than Jake but people liked em. Also check out Mustard Plug.

Merauk
4th April 04, 12:37 PM
Hey Kool thing sit down beside me.

Jacklenut
4th April 04, 12:54 PM
why do you guys think people care what you listen to?

Irbanoz
4th April 04, 12:56 PM
They just might.

downinit
4th April 04, 04:26 PM

Yeah, I dislike these threads.

orcmauler
4th April 04, 05:34 PM
Say the two people who have a NIN poster and Trent Reznor in their profiles. How is that any different fucknuts? Do you really think we care about your Trent idolation?

whoops forgot to add, the reason people start these threads is that not everyone has pigeonholed themselves into a musical rut because they think all the depressed kids listen to trent because he feels your pain.

Jesus don't like it don't click the fucking link.

Merauk
4th April 04, 05:46 PM

Why do you think anyone cares what you write here?

downinit
4th April 04, 06:22 PM
Say the two people who have a NIN poster and Trent Reznor in their profiles. How is that any different fucknuts? Do you really think we care about your Trent idolation?

whoops forgot to add, the reason people start these threads is that not everyone has pigeonholed themselves into a musical rut because they think all the depressed kids listen to trent because he feels your pain.

Jesus don't like it don't click the fucking link.

It's a profile pic. I put it there because I like NIN and I thought it looked kind of amusing. You'd have to be a god damn fool to think that having Trent Reznor's face in awkward position in my profile is my way of suggesting "Hey, everybody, LISTEN TO NIN!" I know the majority of people in this forum love to hate NIN, and I'm actually glad they do, because I don't like them anyways. For example, I take pleasure in knowing that someone such as yourself or Blazer hates NIN, because I think you're both arrogant, unconscionable loads of waste (and really fucking retarded in Blazer's case as well).

orcmauler
4th April 04, 06:32 PM
It's a profile pic. I put it there because I like NIN and I thought it looked kind of amusing. You'd have to be a god damn fool to think that having Trent Reznor's face in awkward position in my profile is my way of suggesting "Hey, everybody, LISTEN TO NIN!" I know the majority of people in this forum love to hate NIN, and I'm actually glad they do, because I don't like them anyways. For example, I take pleasure in knowing that someone such as yourself or Blazer hates NIN, because I think you're both arrogant, unconscionable loads of waste (and really fucking retarded in Blazer's case as well).

Aww I'm arrogant :(

For the record I don't hate Nine Inch Nails, I hate rabid NiN fanbois who think that Trent is the prophet of their angst, not to mention I just havent liked his last couple of albums. So like the satisfaction you take in knowing Blazer (who is a moron true) and I "hate on" NiN is the same satisfaction that I take in twisting your panties in a bunch over blaspheming on The Trent.

Just for clarification I daresay I have been listening to NiN longer than either of you (that would be jackle and yourself).

Riddeck
4th April 04, 06:34 PM

It is the Jesus don't click on the link line that really makes a difference.

But NIN rocks anyways.

Irbanoz
4th April 04, 06:38 PM
Reptile > Riddeck

Tenebrae Vision
4th April 04, 07:17 PM
Sure *YOU* don't care, but I rather like these threads..

Some people have similar tastes in music and may get a suggestion. Some people may want to hear something different and check a band/artist out based on what someone posted about it.

Not everyone is stuck in 1 genre :eek:

---

..uhh.. Wow, I thought people eventually outgrew the "ew mah gawd you h8 mah fav band so that msut meen there c00l/that makes them EVEN KEWLER!11!1!!"

Riddeck
4th April 04, 07:42 PM
Reptile > Riddeck

/gasp

What is that supposed to mean!?!

Nommis
4th April 04, 07:47 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole
Nine Inch Nails - Sin
Nine Inch Nails - Perfect Drug
Nine Inch Nails - Fixed
Nine Inch Nails - Closer to God
Nine Inch Nails - Day the World Went Away
Nine Inch Nails - Further Down the Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - Broken
Nine Inch Nails - Fragile
Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart
Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been
Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs

Riddeck
4th April 04, 07:55 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole
Nine Inch Nails - Sin
Nine Inch Nails - Perfect Drug
Nine Inch Nails - Fixed
Nine Inch Nails - Closer to God
Nine Inch Nails - Day the World Went Away
Nine Inch Nails - Further Down the Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - Broken
Nine Inch Nails - Fragile
Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart
Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs

What about Wish!?!

Hater.

Nommis
4th April 04, 08:06 PM
Lol, good stuff.

vilesoul
4th April 04, 10:25 PM
Lacrimosa -- Echos (yes, the entire album!)

Johnny cash -- His cover of NINs "hurt" (even though I love NIN, Cash does it so much better)

Green Day -- about all their songs...I've been on a green day kick for the past few weeks

Now I jsut godda find my old soundgarden CDs...I wnat to hear black hole sun badly right now.

Riddeck
4th April 04, 10:51 PM
Lacrimosa -- Echos (yes, the entire album!)

Johnny cash -- His cover of NINs "hurt" (even though I love NIN, Cash does it so much better)

Green Day -- about all their songs...I've been on a green day kick for the past few weeks

Now I jsut godda find my old soundgarden CDs...I wnat to hear black hole sun badly right now.

Bleh, Cash did it SO SO SO SO SO well, but Trent's is just amazing.

Badmotorfinger baby, since we are talkin bout Cash. Rusty Cage ALL day.

vilesoul
4th April 04, 10:59 PM
I still have to differ, trent's was excellent, but I think Cash had the voice to really make that song work.

But agian, Cash was hte only country music I would listen to, so I might be a little swayed there.

Jacklenut
4th April 04, 11:26 PM
i guess i have to change my av everytime I listen to a different group?

I dont even listen to NIN much these days, that doesn't mean i won't be buying his new album.

It's also funny that I like about 3 rock bands and 5 different rappers and listen to rap more but i'm supposed to be some huge angsty metal freak.

Traetick
5th April 04, 12:04 AM
how about some fear factory? no gimmicks, pure metal with superb drumming =) or... try listening to "Kenna". Its kinda new age, pop, groovey goodness

Riddeck
5th April 04, 12:27 AM
how about some fear factory? no gimmicks, pure metal with superb drumming =) or... try listening to "Kenna". Its kinda new age, pop, groovey goodness

Fear Factory can rock it up, I have not heard of Kenna.

There are better drummers of course, but, that can be a biased opinion by anyone.

Irbanoz
5th April 04, 05:16 AM
Hell yeah, Wish. Dun dun dun, dun dun dun, dun dun dun, dun dun.

ps: Reptile, the song. ~_~

orcmauler
5th April 04, 08:57 AM

Yeah I'm a fear factory fan as well, but their albums after obsolete have been disappointing to say the least, oddly enough my girlfriend thinks they are better than the early ones. However I have heard good things about their new line up and album, so I will check it out.

Tenebrae Vision
5th April 04, 04:37 PM
Hey Kool thing sit down beside me.

There's something I gotta ask you..

Are you going to liberate us females from male, white corporate oppression?

Daisuke
5th April 04, 10:01 PM
Tiamat - Gaia
Tiamat - Divided
Machine Head - Deafening Silence

Gaef
5th April 04, 10:52 PM
demanufature #1 fear factory album if ya ask me

Diggler McFeely
6th April 04, 01:29 AM
The Clash, <i>"Sean Flynn"</i>

Next Up ...

Ernie K-Doe, <i>"Mother-In-Law"</i>

Hurricane Aegien
6th April 04, 03:05 AM
Jay Z - The Grey Album
Heatmiser - Cop and Speeder
One of our live shows that we just got back from a club.

Hurricane Aegien
9th April 04, 04:57 AM
Kanye West - College Dropout

If you like hip hop please immediately go purchase this, it's fucking crazy good.

Cilumbik
9th April 04, 05:12 AM
I'm just going to post albums each and every song is a great song:

Bleach - Nirvana
Nevermind - Nirvana
Incesticide - Nirvana
In Utero - Nirvana
The Cream of Clapton - Eric Clapton
Nothing Safe - Alice and Chains
The Best of The Doors - The Doors

Hurricane Aegien
9th April 04, 03:02 PM
Hehe, I dusted off some Nirvana discs last week too on April 5th.

Yiktin Voxbane
10th April 04, 07:31 PM
Black Betty -- Spiderbait

This version doesnt just kick ass, it stomps a muddy muddy hole through it !!!

Voompa
10th April 04, 09:53 PM
The only older stuff I have been listening to are all my Pixies cd's since I get to see them at the end of this month after seeing them 13 years ago. That makes me feel extremely old.

I also can't get enough of The Stills "Still in Love Song". Been listening to it going on three months now.

Diggler McFeely
10th April 04, 10:06 PM
There's some country music playing on TV right now. I dunno what it's called, but it's about good little girls making mighty wild women.