PDA

View Full Version : Bush controlling the media:

Sithray
6th March 04, 09:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/06/moveon.ads/index.html

Xesor
6th March 04, 09:39 PM
This should be surprising but, unfortunately, it isn't.

Donnely McLeod
6th March 04, 09:41 PM
Hey, I thought this was a democracy!

Oh, wait, its not 1961 anymore.

Hurricane Aegien
6th March 04, 09:43 PM
I can't voice how this disgusts me.

Phrost
6th March 04, 11:06 PM
You know, illegal is illegal.

If MoveOn.org cannot prove that its contributions were within the limits set by law, then they should be required to abstain from producing those commercials.

Is it a cheeseball attack? Yes. But it's hardly unethical.

Phleg
6th March 04, 11:50 PM
I have to agree with Phrack. Laws are laws, and we have to abide by them. If MoveOn.org can produce statements documenting their donations, then let them carry on. If not, they're breaking the law, no matter how wrong it might be.

imported_Solaris Flare
7th March 04, 12:42 AM
Sounds like it's a tactic to delay moveon.org's ads to me.

izedaman
7th March 04, 01:20 AM
sure.. let em break the laws, and call the republicans bad guys for saying wtf.
let em recount, n recount, etc.. im sure we have yet to see all the mud thats about to get tossed around. Let the democrats back in the playground

Kiko
7th March 04, 02:09 AM
I'm sure the spots will be viewed MORE than on TV because of this when it's put on the INTARWEB. All calculated like EVERYTHING in the media is, right?

imported_Blazer
7th March 04, 04:08 AM
wanna see controling the media? watch fox for a few days.

Donnely McLeod
7th March 04, 09:04 AM
If the Bush administration can't prove that they did make the money illegally then Moveon can run with it. Last time I checked an accusation does not overturn 'innocent until proven guilty.' the burden of proof is on the accuser's shoulders, not on the defendants.

Phleg
7th March 04, 12:37 PM
Incorrect. Under the new Campaign Finance regulations (and most of the preexisting ones), it is the requirement of political organizations to divulge information regarding any and all donations. They are still innocent until proven guilty, but you are wrong in your understanding of what they would be guilty of. Unless they provide the information required, they will be guilty of breaking that part of the bill--although they will not necessarily be in violation of the parts of the bill putting limits on donations.

And if you read the article, this was not the Bush administration, it was the RNC.

Donnely McLeod
7th March 04, 03:15 PM
Incorrect. Under the new Campaign Finance regulations (and most of the preexisting ones), it is the requirement of political organizations to divulge information regarding any and all donations. They are still innocent until proven guilty, but you are wrong in your understanding of what they would be guilty of. Unless they provide the information required, they will be guilty of breaking that part of the bill--although they will not necessarily be in violation of the parts of the bill putting limits on donations.

And if you read the article, this was not the Bush administration, it was the RNC.

Yes, because the laws in this country are fair.

A guy goes to prison longer for killing an Eagle then for molesting a child. Before I give a big "Fuck you" to the American injustice system, I'd like to point out that the law is simply 'suspect before the facts'. I'm not in the mood for a tyrade right now, so I'll reserve that for later. I have to go to work soon.

Morley
7th March 04, 06:09 PM
Before I give a big "Fuck you" to the American injustice system, I'd like to point out that the law is simply 'suspect before the facts'.

Either fix it, live with it or MOVE THE FUCK OUT! And quit your incessant bitching and moaning. The government of this nation is always subject to change and it is up to the PEOPLE of this country to enact that change, weather through voting or running for office themselves. If you do neither, then a hearty "fuck you" to you. And if you do vote and loose, quit you’re bitching, obviously more people didn't feel like you do and the majority has spoken. I know the dummycrats just can't seem to acknowledge that they can't win every time bur to bitch and whine every time they loose is just pathetic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Bush administration can't prove that they did make the money illegally then Moveon can run with it. Last time I checked an accusation does not overturn 'innocent until proven guilty.' the burden of proof is on the accuser's shoulders, not on the defendants

No, the accusation has been made; it is now up to the accused to provide proof that they did their fund raising legally.
Anyone involved in campaigning knows you have to keep records of every dollar that is received, where it came from, how much and when. And they must also make sure their donators are legitimate. It is their burden to prove all of this.
And anyone involved in legitimate campaigning keeps these records and can produce them at a moment's notice, if they can't readily produce the records their whole campaign becomes suspect, as it should be.

Donnely McLeod
7th March 04, 07:17 PM
Either fix it, live with it or MOVE THE FUCK OUT! And quit your incessant bitching and moaning. The government of this nation is always subject to change and it is up to the PEOPLE of this country to enact that change, weather through voting or running for office themselves. If you do neither, then a hearty "fuck you" to you. And if you do vote and loose, quit you’re bitching, obviously more people didn't feel like you do and the majority has spoken. I know the dummycrats just can't seem to acknowledge that they can't win every time bur to bitch and whine every time they loose is just pathetic.

Congradulations on earning the 'thick as a brick redneck' award. Your blind devotion is sickening. I don't know what hole you have your head in, but this is not a country 'for the people.' It was a country 'for the people' half a century ago, but certianly not anymore. It takes only one activist judge to impose something on the majority. The government controls opinions and people (like you are controlled in your reactions). You fail in giving a case for your stance, only citing the same old tired drivel 'love it or leave it' Vietnam War era close-mindedness. I am neither democrat, nor republican. I support no one. Man's problems are apparent without me to say what they are and I don't choose between the 'lesser of two evils.' You have no freedom. You are a robot. You are part of the machine.

Kiko
7th March 04, 07:52 PM
Yep.. Right.. Baaaaah baaaah!

http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/competition2001/tads/journey/sheep

imported_Solaris Flare
7th March 04, 10:14 PM

No, the accusation has been made; it is now up to the accused to provide proof that they did their fund raising legally.
Anyone involved in campaigning knows you have to keep records of every dollar that is received, where it came from, how much and when. And they must also make sure their donators are legitimate. It is their burden to prove all of this.
And anyone involved in legitimate campaigning keeps these records and can produce them at a moment's notice, if they can't readily produce the records their whole campaign becomes suspect, as it should be.

Why? The ads are going to happen it just means that MAYBE, and this is a major maybe, some money can't be used in this manner. Reps are just playing dirty pool with moveon.org.

Morley
7th March 04, 10:22 PM
I support no one.
And by this you have NO rights to bitch and complain, dumb fucking southern hick.

You should just move your ass to Mexico and leave the "system" to us "machines".
You run your ignorant mouth and say nothing worth hearing.

You have no freedom. You are a robot. You are part of the machine. Jesus-fucking-christ, you need to stop going to the movies...News flash.....Hollywood isn't real, movies are only make believe.
Ignorance abounds, and spews forth from your pie hole.

Morley
7th March 04, 10:26 PM
Yep.. Right.. Baaaaah baaaah!

http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/competition2001/tads/journey/sheep
Hey, stop posting pics of donny's girlfriend, he is gonna get upset.

Ouden
7th March 04, 10:32 PM
This sounds like an anti-Bushite conspiracy.

Xesor
7th March 04, 10:42 PM
Are the jews involved?

Sithray
8th March 04, 12:23 PM
And by this you have NO rights to bitch and complain, dumb fucking southern hick.

You should just move your ass to Mexico and leave the "system" to us "machines".
You run your ignorant mouth and say nothing worth hearing.

Jesus-fucking-christ, you need to stop going to the movies...News flash.....Hollywood isn't real, movies are only make believe.
Ignorance abounds, and spews forth from your pie hole.

Morley=Biggest idiot ever to post here...

Boanerges
8th March 04, 12:52 PM
While some of the campaign reform laws are troubling, the facts are that moveon.org, as a political organization, must disclose where their financing came from as they accept unlimited "soft money" contributions. If they were attacking policies it wouldn't be an issue but they're attacking Bush directly which brings them under a whole new set of rules. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Kiko
8th March 04, 02:25 PM
Are the jews involved?

Aren't lots of them shepherds? That's where all the sheep come from! They set 'em loose, right?

Bukow
8th March 04, 04:06 PM
It takes only one activist judge to impose something on the majority.

Yeah, sorry that's the way the system is set up. (Well, sort of -- a judge can only impose a law already made by the legislature; most judicial power is limited to saying "No.") This isn't supposed to be a democracy -- this is a constitutionally limited republic. If activist judges are necessary to protect minority rights from a majoritorian tyranny, then so be it. Bitch about it all you want, but those who care about rights instead of slogans actually think through the process before we open our mouths.

Sithray
8th March 04, 04:26 PM
Yeah, sorry that's the way the system is set up. (Well, sort of -- a judge can only impose a law already made by the legislature; most judicial power is limited to saying "No.") This isn't supposed to be a democracy -- this is a constitutionally limited republic. If activist judges are necessary to protect minority rights from a majoritorian tyranny, then so be it. Bitch about it all you want, but those who care about rights instead of slogans actually think through the process before we open our mouths.

I am all for the little guy, Don and I disagree on that aspect. People forget this country was founded because of the little guy. However, Bush is far removed from caring about the minorities. He is all about the money.

Bukow
8th March 04, 04:29 PM
I am all for the little guy, Don and I disagree on that aspect. People forget this country was founded because of the little guy. However, Bush is far removed from caring about the minorities. He is all about the money.

I was only discussing his comment on judicial activism. As far as Bush goes, I think about the only thing worse than most Republicans is a Democrat.

Sithray
8th March 04, 04:35 PM
For a link to some of the ads:

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

My favorite is the:

In summar "terrorist terrorist terrorist 9-11 9-11 9-11"

Sithray
8th March 04, 04:48 PM
And also, the RNC probably knows it is legal, but they want a delay so that the ads that are going out now attacking Kerry can get first air time. I have already seen one of the ads that has a mastercard appeal to it.

MoveOn.org has raised $10 million for advertising from 160,000 donors, in amounts averaging $50-$60. It is running two ads in 67 TV markets in what its Web site describes as 17 "battleground" states.

It will take some time for MoveOn.org to get all the paperwork together, but they will be able to run the ads. The only thing the RNC wants it to make sure Kerry gets smeared first.

Xesor
8th March 04, 09:09 PM
Aren't lots of them shepherds? That's where all the sheep come from! They set 'em loose, right?
So are you saying the jews control the sheep?:confused: