PDA

View Full Version : Bush will lose by a landslide???

Sithray
23rd February 04, 07:42 PM
I was just listening to talk radio (not sure which program I just turned it on while I was working to listen to something) and they had a few "panel experts" talking about how Bush will lose the next election hands down unless something drastic happens.

With Kerry and Edwards leading in the polls over Bush things aren't looking good for Bush. If Kerry wins the nomination those who were going to go Edwards will just shift to Kerry as the democratic opposition to Bush. This will shift the power from a 36/33/30 poll running to a 60/40, putting Kerry well over the top in order to take the win in November...even the republican expert agreed things don't look good with Bush being forced into the campaign so early, but he felt that the nation wouldn't want a shift in power with the wars in Iraq and that other place (forgotten war?) going on.

What do ya'll think about this? Do you think Bush will be president come November?

Shorrtee McHeals
23rd February 04, 07:45 PM
Its only natural that Bush is behind in the polls now. All the media has been covering ever since last year has been DEMOCRAT DEMOCRAT DEMOCRAT PRIMARIES!!!! Thats all thats been on. You never hear much about Bush or anything else really. Once Kerry gets the nomination and people get to actually sit down and compare Bush against Kerry, Bush will start going back up again.

Shorrtee McHeals
23rd February 04, 07:46 PM
Whats CaC? Is the question asking if Bush will lose in a landslide, or if he will be re-elected? Heh

Kiko
23rd February 04, 07:47 PM
What's CaC? Didn't see Shorrtee's post.. If you meant Commander-IN-Chief then.. er.. I still wanna know what CaC is..

Nader just helped him. :D

downinit
23rd February 04, 07:54 PM
I believe the United States will still be around well into the next 6 months.

Sithray
23rd February 04, 07:56 PM
What's CaC?

It was supposed to be CiC but I accidentally put an a. Commander in Chief. You can't edit a poll. It is a military acronym.

Kiko
23rd February 04, 07:58 PM
Oke.. I figured you did a .. er.. made a mistake like someone who types things they way they're often heard when spoken too fast.. and it was Commander AND Chief.

Sorry.. don't mean to pick on ya, Sithray.. I'm just prickly today..

Sithray
23rd February 04, 07:59 PM
Its only natural that Bush is behind in the polls now. All the media has been covering ever since last year has been DEMOCRAT DEMOCRAT DEMOCRAT PRIMARIES!!!! Thats all thats been on. You never hear much about Bush or anything else really. Once Kerry gets the nomination and people get to actually sit down and compare Bush against Kerry, Bush will start going back up again.

Hence why Bush is going to the campaign trail so early in the year. He knows he needs to get his name and agenda out there. They were covering the averages of %increase in polls when that starts but I had to turn if off as I had a meeting. I think they said you can see a 10% jump in polls when the president start's his trail. That MAY even it out. In any case it will be a close race I think.

imported_Solaris Flare
23rd February 04, 08:03 PM
Its going to be a close race. Even though the demo's have a small lead bush will more money for attack ads. Which seem to work in the US.

Cybsled
23rd February 04, 09:04 PM
Bush will have to end the shit in Iraq before election time if he wants a good chance.

Phleg
23rd February 04, 09:14 PM
Now that the Democrats are rallying behind Kerry, they actually stand a chance.

However, not much of one. If you check the latest polls, Americans still think Bush will do a better job of protecting us in the homeland, a better job in Iraq, and will handle the economy better (I'd be glad to provide links if could remember them). All this, and Bush hasn't even really started campaigning yet. That, combined with the fact that Hitlary Clinton is going to pull every punch she can to prevent Kerry from winning, I think Bush has ten to one odds of winning, come November.

Sithray
23rd February 04, 09:41 PM
That, combined with the fact that Hitlary Clinton is going to pull every punch she can to prevent Kerry from winning

That I will agree with.

Kela
24th February 04, 01:32 AM
I think it will be close and unfortunately if it is..no matter who comes out on top...someone will lose ballots somewhere and he will win. Fucker. h8 bush.

Kalric
24th February 04, 03:12 AM
I think Bush will still be in the Office another 4 years.

imported_Blazer
24th February 04, 03:19 AM
bleh media just reports whats popular doubt it will be a landslide

izedaman
24th February 04, 04:51 AM
I hope for Bushes sake he looses.. its so much easier to bash a democrat in office. I just hope the democrat pres doesnt hafta do anything like the last one did and just get blowjobs from the interns.. I couldnt immagine what a democrat would have done on 9\11 Dole woulda bent over and prolly cried on tv. for a global rally to do something.. instead Bush had the balls to try and end it.
I couldnt be happier if we pulled our guys out of iraq today, and let the rebbels trash the place. We did what we came there to do, but if we pulled out now they would blame us for anything that went wrong over there for the next 100 years.
So if its a democrat for the next 4-8 years it will take another republican to clean there mess (and not just the cum stains) again.

Sithray
24th February 04, 06:02 AM
I hope for Bushes sake he looses.. its so much easier to bash a democrat in office. I just hope the democrat pres doesnt hafta do anything like the last one did and just get blowjobs from the interns.. I couldnt immagine what a democrat would have done on 9\11 Dole woulda bent over and prolly cried on tv. for a global rally to do something.. instead Bush had the balls to try and end it.
I couldnt be happier if we pulled our guys out of iraq today, and let the rebbels trash the place. We did what we came there to do, but if we pulled out now they would blame us for anything that went wrong over there for the next 100 years.
So if its a democrat for the next 4-8 years it will take another republican to clean there mess (and not just the cum stains) again.

So you are trying to say that Clinton was a bad president cause he got a BJ every now and then? Are you an idiot?

Traetick
24th February 04, 06:43 AM
When clinton was in office crime rates were down, jobs were up and the surplus was the best its been since thomas jefferson. the american media destroyed him, though he did lie in front of the country............he was just a politician it was his job hehe

izedaman
24th February 04, 07:34 AM
So you are trying to say that Clinton was a bad president cause he got a BJ every now and then? Are you an idiot?

yes he was a bad prez.... sure the jobs were great money flying all over the place, huge companies putting out whatever numbers they wanted.. then a republican gets into office and 'cleans house' all these massive companies just all of a sudden cant find billions of dollars.. close. costing thousands of jobs.. yea clinton was a mess to clean up after.. and as the representitive for our country, he should have been fired for bangin the intern.
If I got cought at work and someone was blowing me, there would be no doubt id be on the unemployment line.

But im sure while he was chasing tail in the white house, his supporters will spin it to the other side saying it was because of the republicans that these companies got away with all the shit they did.

Maybe if GW was chasing tail he mighta missed the fact the twin towers were destroyed, and we wouldnt have gone to war, and we woulda saved some cash, and the companies could have been building a bigger time bomb than they already had..

Phleg
24th February 04, 08:44 AM
When clinton was in office crime rates were down, jobs were up and the surplus was the best its been since thomas jefferson.

Please, name me one way in which the President affects domestic life.

Cybsled
24th February 04, 08:54 AM
Easy:

Bush affects domestic life by causing people to cry out in their homes "How did this fucking moron get elected???".

Zeta
24th February 04, 09:02 AM
Easy:

Bush affects domestic life by causing people to cry out in their homes "How did this fucking moron get elected???".
Man cyb, just because you live in Mass, doesn't mean you have to be a liberal hippy like the rest of them!!

Boanerges
24th February 04, 10:29 AM
First off, the man in the press atm is Kerry, followed closely by John "dead people told me to run" Edwards. Until there's an official candidate, of course they'll fare better, especially when all you hear about Bush is negative (National Guard records, major overblown job figures, Iraq, etc).

Second, there's 8 months left. If you think that's not a long time for a turnaround then ask Howard Dean.

Third, the campaign has just started. There's not really been any serious consideration of who will vote for whom yet. Edwards could still win it (especially if Dean throws his support behind him) but it's a long shot at best. There's not even an official ticket yet for the Democrats (Kerry-Edwards? Kerry-Dean? Kerry-Clinton?)

Bottom line is polls today mean jack squat. Even Kerry knows this.

Phrost
24th February 04, 11:04 AM
Strangely enough, when Clinton was in office, the Senate and House were controlled by Republicans.

Flare
24th February 04, 11:08 AM
I'll vote for whoever is running against Bush, unless he's just a total loser. And he's going to have to be a real, total loser, not just a medicore loser.

Bush is, by far, the worst president I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. When he was elected, I was somewhat ambivilent about the whole situation, wasn't too keen on Bush and wasn't too keen on Gore, so it didn't much matter. I dunno if Gore would have been better, but Bush has got to be the dumbest motherfucker to ever hold a position of major power. He is literally one of the stupidest people I could imagine being in power.

Phleg
24th February 04, 11:42 AM
Yet Bush (undoubtedly with the help of Condoleeza Rica) has done more to foster U.S.-Russian relations than any President I can think of.

Kela
24th February 04, 11:59 AM
Cant wait til the biggest event on the news is who blew which intern. 4 mo years =(

Cybsled
24th February 04, 12:25 PM
The Bush/Russian thing wouldnt have happened if 9/11 hadnt happened...it's not like Bush is some master diplomat that succeeded where presidents for the past 60 years have failed. Russia has been dealing with homeland security from terror attacks for awhile now...9/11 just gave us some common ground.

And speaking of Russia, Putin just dismissed the entire government ;p

Phrost
24th February 04, 12:45 PM
Edited it to correct the title for you.

Morley
24th February 04, 01:35 PM
And you'd rather have had gore as prez when 9-11 happened? Yeah, take a cue from clinton "we'll pay you money if you don't attack us"
All we see of the president is what the media wants to show, and they don't like him so all you get to see is the negative crap they want you to see.

izedaman
24th February 04, 01:54 PM
And you'd rather have had gore as prez when 9-11 happened? Yeah, take a cue from clinton "we'll pay you money if you don't attack us"
All we see of the president is what the media wants to show, and they don't like him so all you get to see is the negative crap they want you to see.

The press seemd to like Clinton.. but as much stuff as he did with the SnL scandles in Arkansas, and all the woman, the lies, the impeachment. They still liked him. (some even said he would win a 3rd term) that in itself makes him a dam good 'politician'. anyone else with all those strikes against him would have been roasted
If Bush looses i will miss the tax cuts the most, thats the 1st thing the democrats will 'fix'

Mesmer
24th February 04, 03:32 PM
I'll vote for whoever is running against Bush, unless he's just a total loser. And he's going to have to be a real, total loser, not just a medicore loser.

Bush is, by far, the worst president I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. When he was elected, I was somewhat ambivilent about the whole situation, wasn't too keen on Bush and wasn't too keen on Gore, so it didn't much matter. I dunno if Gore would have been better, but Bush has got to be the dumbest motherfucker to ever hold a position of major power. He is literally one of the stupidest people I could imagine being in power.

Heh I am from Texas and I had GREAT hopes for Bush. It was nice to have another Texan in the whitehouse. However, clearly he has been an unmitigated disaster. He has embarrassed Texas, and now its time for him to come back here with his tail between his legs. Perhaps he can run another oil company into the ground once he goes back to private industry.

The funny part is that he ran as "The Great Uniter" and he has done nothing but divide the Country. He ran as a compassionate conservative, but has shown virtually no compassion.

Hell he has even divided his own base. Moderate republicans are disgusted with his credibility gap, while even Evangelists are threatening to stay home in November.

From Ashcroft trying to get the names and medical records of women who had late term abortions, to promising 15 billion in aid to help the aids epidemic in Africa and then only providing 250 million, to telling us that we should FUCKING INVADE ANOTHER COUNTRY because they have WMD (conveniently forgetting to mention that we gave some of the WMD in the first place), when they simply didnt have any WMD.

Bush is by far the worst president we have had, and unless some miracle occurs and americans start getting those 2.6 million jobs he promised then backed off of, Bush will lose by a landslide.

No one cares about Iraq anymore, except they are kinda pissed that we went there under false pretense. Hell if Bush had been honest and said "Sadaam, tried to kill my daddy while he was a sitting president." I would have been all for capturing sadaam.

No one cares about Domestic Issues.

All people care about is the Economy and Jobs. Although the Economy is doing well, the people who are realizing more wealth are the rich. The middle class has been squeezed, and the poor are in no mans land right now.

Bush has lost more jobs during his tenure than any president in 50 years, and that is why he will lose in 2004.

And phleg, your right the President does not have some magic switch he can throw to create jobs, but since the voters will still blame him it really does not matter.

Shorrtee McHeals
24th February 04, 07:47 PM
You people should all do less Bush bashing and more listening to Rush Limbaugh.....

Merauk
24th February 04, 10:05 PM
Easy:

Because Ralph Nader got 200,000 votes in Florida.

imported_Solaris Flare
24th February 04, 10:20 PM
Because Ralph Nader got 200,000 votes in Florida.

He got 97,000 in Florida and Nader is a moron for running in 2004.

Cybsled
24th February 04, 10:31 PM
Hehe Gore = pwned ;/

Shorrtee McHeals
24th February 04, 10:41 PM
Shoulda made this a public poll so in November we can look back and see everyone that was wrong.

izedaman
24th February 04, 11:59 PM
Heh I am from Texas and I had GREAT hopes for Bush. It was nice to have another Texan in the whitehouse. However, clearly he has been an unmitigated disaster. He has embarrassed Texas, and now its time for him to come back here with his tail between his legs. Perhaps he can run another oil company into the ground once he goes back to private industry.

The funny part is that he ran as "The Great Uniter" and he has done nothing but divide the Country. He ran as a compassionate conservative, but has shown virtually no compassion.

Hell he has even divided his own base. Moderate republicans are disgusted with his credibility gap, while even Evangelists are threatening to stay home in November.

From Ashcroft trying to get the names and medical records of women who had late term abortions, to promising 15 billion in aid to help the aids epidemic in Africa and then only providing 250 million, to telling us that we should FUCKING INVADE ANOTHER COUNTRY because they have WMD (conveniently forgetting to mention that we gave some of the WMD in the first place), when they simply didnt have any WMD.

Bush is by far the worst president we have had, and unless some miracle occurs and americans start getting those 2.6 million jobs he promised then backed off of, Bush will lose by a landslide.

No one cares about Iraq anymore, except they are kinda pissed that we went there under false pretense. Hell if Bush had been honest and said "Sadaam, tried to kill my daddy while he was a sitting president." I would have been all for capturing sadaam.

No one cares about Domestic Issues.

All people care about is the Economy and Jobs. Although the Economy is doing well, the people who are realizing more wealth are the rich. The middle class has been squeezed, and the poor are in no mans land right now.

Bush has lost more jobs during his tenure than any president in 50 years, and that is why he will lose in 2004.

And phleg, your right the President does not have some magic switch he can throw to create jobs, but since the voters will still blame him it really does not matter.

im from texas too. bush isnt a texan btw.. and god i love it when they say the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, get a clue. the rich made the money, the rich pay more taxes then the poor and the middle class ever will.. do they feel cheated.. they should! and the poor, poor people bitching that the rich need to pay for there asses (robin hood) I wish i could sit at home and watch tv all fucking day with 6 kids, living on wellfare, while other people work for a living paying a nice chunk of change to the government to do what ever they feel like.. going to wars, goin to mars, giving 15B to africa, and those are Bushes plans and that sucks for a couple of months out of a year every day i work goes to pay for shit like that, i would be all for a pres, democrat or republican, that kept our tax dollars here in the states, on the ground even. and let the other countrys or UN take care of the rest of the world..
And everyone making a joke about the WMD, everyone knows we gave them WMD, and they didnt nuke anyone so my question is where the hell are they... I didnt see sadam ebaying them... so like most rational people I would think they still had em, and we asked for them back they play stupid and say i donno,. maybe they werent playing stupid heh. and they were lost. and whatever Bush lost all those jobs, all those scandels from the big corps that had to close started the week he got into office, and the attacks on the US were Bushes fault... yea

Shroomed
25th February 04, 12:14 AM
im from texas too. bush isnt a texan btw.. and god i love it when they say the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, get a clue. the rich made the money, the rich pay more taxes then the poor and the middle class ever will.. do they feel cheated.. they should! and the poor, poor people bitching that the rich need to pay for there asses (robin hood) I wish i could sit at home and watch tv all fucking day with 6 kids, living on wellfare, while other people work for a living paying a nice chunk of change to the government to do what ever they feel like.. going to wars, goin to mars, giving 15B to africa, and those are Bushes plans and that sucks for a couple of months out of a year every day i work goes to pay for shit like that, i would be all for a pres, democrat or republican, that kept our tax dollars here in the states, on the ground even. and let the other countrys or UN take care of the rest of the world..
And everyone making a joke about the WMD, everyone knows we gave them WMD, and they didnt nuke anyone so my question is where the hell are they... I didnt see sadam ebaying them... so like most rational people I would think they still had em, and we asked for them back they play stupid and say i donno,. maybe they werent playing stupid heh. and they were lost. and whatever Bush lost all those jobs, all those scandels from the big corps that had to close started the week he got into office, and the attacks on the US were Bushes fault... yea

Mr. Grammar says, "Capitalization and punctuation are friends to you and me!"

Kela
25th February 04, 12:28 AM
If clinton were in office there wouldnt be US soldiers dying every day in random foreign countries. I dont have a lot of sympathy for those who make stupid choices but still...at least I wouldnt have to FUCKING HEAR ABOUT IT. Oh and the Dixie chicks would still be played on my radio station. Thats another reason Bush sucks. I LIKED THE DIXIE CHICKS GOD DAMMIT!

Energiser
25th February 04, 12:35 AM
The rich do not pay shitloads of tax you gweeb. the people who pay shitloads of tax are the upper-end middle income earners.

the real rich declare a yearly income of $35000 and claim back 75% of that tax on "business expenses"

Kela
25th February 04, 12:56 AM
Poor upple end middle income earners =( Why punish the people doing well for themselves? We should punish the scum of the earth. F welfare.

Phrost
25th February 04, 12:57 AM
If clinton were in office there wouldnt be US soldiers dying every day in random foreign countries. I dont have a lot of sympathy for those who make stupid choices but still...at least I wouldnt have to FUCKING HEAR ABOUT IT. Oh and the Dixie chicks would still be played on my radio station. Thats another reason Bush sucks. I LIKED THE DIXIE CHICKS GOD DAMMIT!

I know nobody responded to you because your post reeked of bullshit so bad that nobody would touch it, but since I confront bullshit as a hobby, here's your response:

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about; please choke on a cock and die. Don't forget to webcam it so we can all laugh later.

I served in the military, for nearly entire duration of Clinton's presidency.

How about:

Somalia

Bosnia

Haiti

Desert Fox

"Drug War" deployments/support.

You really need to shut the fuck up and leave the discussion to those who aren't just bystanders in life.

Phleg
25th February 04, 01:15 AM
The Bush/Russian thing wouldnt have happened if 9/11 hadnt happened.

But it was Bush who said he wanted to hear from Putin first. He took the opportunity--something a lot of Presidents would have missed.

Kela
25th February 04, 01:18 AM
at least I wouldnt have to FUCKING HEAR ABOUT IT.
Seeing how I've only heard of half of what you listed....it obviously wasn't nearly of the same scale. But anyways...how are those places doing anyways? Are they complete lost causes like what we're involved in at the moment? Were we lied to about why we were over there?

I served in the military,
Well that was stupid now wasn't it?

Phleg
25th February 04, 01:19 AM

Which is why I'm aggressively trying to educate the masses, by bringing it up wherever I can.

Bukow
25th February 04, 03:03 AM
No matter who wins, we're still going to have an AAA-rated, #1 Asswipe for President.

Just when I think that the Republican party couldn't do more to stick its head up its ass, Bush comes out today with the anti- gay marriage thing. Really important issue for the 95% of Americans whom it doesn't affect... Way to go, Bush. Dumbass.

Not that Kerry is any better. In fact, everything I say about Bush... well, Kerry would be lucky to fare so well in my eyes.

Bukow
25th February 04, 03:05 AM
The rich do not pay shitloads of tax you gweeb. the people who pay shitloads of tax are the upper-end middle income earners.

the real rich declare a yearly income of $35000 and claim back 75% of that tax on "business expenses"

I see H00k3d on Ec0nomikz wurk3d 4 U.

Phrost
25th February 04, 09:13 AM
Seeing how I've only heard of half of what you listed....it obviously wasn't nearly of the same scale. But anyways...how are those places doing anyways? Are they complete lost causes like what we're involved in at the moment? Were we lied to about why we were over there?

A human being can't possibly be that stupid and still have the ability to breathe. I'm not going to even bother to respond to it.

Well that was stupid now wasn't it?

No. No it was not. As a result of my service in the Army I now have a job making a damn good salary. Not to mention, life experiences that you'll never even come close to having. I can pretty much guarantee I lived more in the 7 years I served than you will even come close to doing your entire life.

Again, you have no business discussing world issues. Stick to attention whoring elsewhere.

Merauk
25th February 04, 10:18 AM

The rich pay a much lower % of their yearly income in taxes then a poorer person. In terms of absolute dollars though the top 10% of Americans in terms of salary pay about 60% of all taxes collected by the government. The bottom 50% of Americans in terms of salary pay less then 5% of all taxes collected by the government.

The adage you can't get blood from a rock applies quite well here. Only by taxing people with money can one actually get enough money to fund the government.

Phleg
25th February 04, 11:37 AM
Not if the government doesn't concern itself with, for instance, welfare, social security, translating the plaques in the National Rodeo Museum into Spanish, and things like that.

Oh, and I've heard the argument that poor people pay relatively more than the rich, but I find it hard to believe. Why? The rich pay ~40% of their income, while many of the poor actually get more back in "tax credits" than they pay. Due to the progressive system, it's usually the case that the rich pay more of their share than the poor do.

Of course, that's talking about income, not overall wealth, but finding overall wealth statistics are a bitch. The census only tabulates by income, last I checked. So if you can provide me with those statistics, I'd love to see 'em.

Flare
25th February 04, 12:38 PM
The flaw here is that yes, the "rich" pay more as a percentage, but they have the ability to get more back, or effectively lower their tax rate through a number of different means that are hard, if not impossible for the poor, or even the upper middle class.

You know exactly what I'm talking about if you have enough money, and if you have no clue what I'm talking about, you are too poor to know how to get around the tax rate. Sad, but true.

There are many loopholes in the tax laws, some of them are open to the non-"rich," but you have to know about them... some of them are just plain closed to anyone making less than 6 figures a year. It's weighted to help out the "rich." Not saying I agree or disagree with it, and I can definitely see both sides of the coin. I don't have an effective solution either.

*shrug* ... but the fact remains that the super-rich pay far, far less than the 40% tax rate they are "suppose" to be paying. But they still contribute a substantial amount of money to the governement none the less.

Phrost
25th February 04, 12:45 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/business/Tax2002/taxes_rich_020415.html

The wealthiest 5 percent pay more than half the taxes, while people in the bottom half pay just 4 percent.
Two-income households are increasing, putting more families in the top slice of taxpayers. Millions of small businesses and partnerships are up there, too, paying personal instead of corporate income taxes. Many other people were boosted by the 1990s stock market boom.

President Bush's big tax cut will prevent the wealthy from paying an even greater share in coming years. But key provisions, such as the gradual doubling of the child tax credit, will reduce or eliminate income taxes for many middle-income people while the rich won't qualify.

"This trend is not going to reverse," said Scott Hodge, executive director of the Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan tax education and research group. "This will be the demographic for the 21st century taxpayer."

Shifting Tax Brackets

For 1999, the most recent year for which complete Internal Revenue Service statistics are available, 6.3 million taxpayers whose incomes were in the top 5 percent paid more than 55 percent of all income taxes. They had incomes above $120,846 a year meaning two spouses could each earn a bit over $60,000 and be considered among the nation's richest.

"It's very easy to move into the top echelon of taxpayers," Hodge said.

The wealthiest 1 percent those earning $293,415 and up paid over a third of the taxes, while their share of the nation's taxable income was 19 percent. They pay income taxes at the top rate, now 38.6 percent, compared with a maximum rate of 15 percent for the majority of lower-earning taxpayers.

Taxpayers in the bottom half paid only 4 percent of the income taxes in 1999, according to the IRS. These 63 million taxpayers earned, on average, less than $26,415 a year.

Going back to 1989, the top 5 percent income group paid about 44 percent of income taxes, the bottom almost 6 percent. At that time, the top tax rate paid by high earners was 31 percent.

Looking ahead, the 10-year, $1.35 trillion tax cut enacted last year reduces income taxes in three steps, with the final step coming in 2006. In that year, according to the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, taxpayers earning over $100,000 a year will pay almost 59 percent of all income taxes.

Those with annual incomes of less than $30,000 a year will pay about 4.4 percent in 2006, roughly the same as they do today.

Phrost
25th February 04, 12:47 PM
The only fair tax is a flat tax: everyone pays X%.

No withholdings, no deductions, no loopholes.

Boanerges
25th February 04, 01:01 PM
The best (and fairest) tax system would be to eliminate income tax totally and go with a pure sales tax. The reason this is fairer than income tax is that you are taxed on consumption, not income.

Phrost
25th February 04, 01:34 PM
That's an interesting idea as well, but it seems that it'd be easier to get around and tough to enforce.

It's much more simple to take a slice of everyone's paycheck. That way, you wouldn't need to complicate things, and the IRS would be much smaller (and thus requiring fewer tax dollars to fund).

Small government = best government.

Lune
25th February 04, 01:52 PM
The only fair tax is a flat tax: everyone pays X%

I think alot of people would swallow that if somehow the government was going to account for atleast some of the spending. Tell me more and or better lies, make me think the money isn't being siphoned off to pay off shady dealings all around the world while a few select get the benifit.

Personally I think the gay marriage non issue is going to turn alot of people off on bush (har). The other day I would have said no doubt he would win hands down. But with all this anti gay marriage crap and how much attention he is paying it hurts him in the long run. Unless everyone forgets about it quickly like the horrible affront of janets boob. :eek: Most people I know couldn't care less gays want to be married, so why he is spending all this political juice on this topic who knows. Pandering to the far right, maybe but again generally I don't think anyone truely gives a shit about gay marriage cept all the poor gay people that want to be married. Of course you have a decent section of bible thumpers with powerfull lobbying groups who are rolling over in their undug graves I'm sure. It really doesn't matter who is president tho both parties are so close in bed they can give each other courtesy prostate exams without having to roll over. It's like do I want a red apple or a green one, they both have worms in em...

The adage you can't get blood from a rock applies quite well here. Only by taxing people with money can one actually get enough money to fund the government.
There are alot of rocks and every drop counts.

Shorrtee McHeals
25th February 04, 06:54 PM
Taxes suck

Mesmer
25th February 04, 07:18 PM
The best (and fairest) tax system would be to eliminate income tax totally and go with a pure sales tax. The reason this is fairer than income tax is that you are taxed on consumption, not income.

The problem with consumption taxes is that they discourage buyers from purchasing goods. That in turn leads to less demand which eventually causes job losses to the industries most taxed. Plus you have to determine which products should be taxed and in what percentages all leading to the tax code being even more confusing. Do you tax medicine at the same rate you tax a $25,000 Gold Executive Rolex?

Income Tax sucks, but if you want our goverment to function properly, its not going away anytime soon.

Most of the european countries have or had horrible consumption taxes and in many cases it is/was a major reason for their stagnant economies.

izedaman
25th February 04, 10:25 PM
well we all agree on that taxes suck.. and the crap they spend it on makes it even worse. I wish they would post every $ they spend on a web site.. wouldnt that be a riot. or a new reality show "how we will spend a billion today"
were paying for it, shouldnt we be able to see it.

Shorrtee McHeals
25th February 04, 10:42 PM
$80 hammers, yay

Kela
26th February 04, 01:08 AM
Everyone should pay the same flat dollar amount. And we should have a crew that goes around and shoots homeless people. And staggering drunk local idiots.

I had a discussion tho with guys from Norway and Denmark the other day at my bar. They were shitty tippers...course after listening to them...I am NOT jealous of their whole tax/government system. Sure they dont have homeless people....but man...I want to pay for my own shit. No public programs. If I need a doctor...thats coming out of my pocket. None. If I ran the world..... I think we can see some of it Izademon...I think we just take a lot of it for granted OR in my case...dont take use of any of it so feel jaded that my money is being paid for other people. Like single welfare mothers or something. If I'm ever a single mother.,..I deserve to pay for it. I fucked up and its my problem to deal with it. No one elses. I think If I ever was benefitting from something I didnt pay for...I'd be thinking "haha suckers" all the way.

izedaman
26th February 04, 01:46 AM
Everyone should pay the same flat dollar amount. And we should have a crew that goes around and shoots homeless people. And staggering drunk local idiots.

I had a discussion tho with guys from Norway and Denmark the other day at my bar. They were shitty tippers...course after listening to them...I am NOT jealous of their whole tax/government system. Sure they dont have homeless people....but man...I want to pay for my own shit. No public programs. If I need a doctor...thats coming out of my pocket. None. If I ran the world..... I think we can see some of it Izademon...I think we just take a lot of it for granted OR in my case...dont take use of any of it so feel jaded that my money is being paid for other people. Like single welfare mothers or something. If I'm ever a single mother.,..I deserve to pay for it. I fucked up and its my problem to deal with it. No one elses. I think If I ever was benefitting from something I didnt pay for...I'd be thinking "haha suckers" all the way.

Izademon... what is that? Im not that evil. but you get what im saying, people getting a free ride for doin jack shit all day. granted there not living the lifestyles of the rich n famous, but if they got off there butt and worked for a living they can do something. I id my share of making pizza!
I just would like to see some ... any kind of money management for the governemet, at least I dont have a state income tax.. wtf is that!
its like thanks for goin to school, and educating yourself, and getting a job n working so hard, so you can give us 1/3 of it.. godda love working 3 months of every year for zilch.. well not zilch, were sending hunks of metal to mars and planning to give money to africans cause they all got aids or something.
Its funny i thought we had that problem here too, I guess we dont have it as bad as Africa. I guess after they get the marriage lic. thing fixed up we will be as bad as Africa. and we can spend 15B here to fix it.

Kela
26th February 04, 02:20 AM
haha izademon. That just kinda seemed like the way to spell it. completely subconscious...didnt even see it =D I want to get dumped on a deserted island....with a hot guy...like in blue lagoon.

izedaman
26th February 04, 03:16 AM
haha izademon. That just kinda seemed like the way to spell it. completely subconscious...didnt even see it =D I want to get dumped on a deserted island....with a hot guy...like in blue lagoon.

my luck, id get stranded with a vollyball or something, i dont know what i would do without broadband >=(

Shorrtee McHeals
26th February 04, 08:08 AM
I know what'd you do, you would just have to wait a few minutes for everything to load, and a few hours for downloads of any size. Thats what I have to do all the time, seeing as how I'm on a 28k connection.

Phrost
26th February 04, 08:38 AM

Do you even realize that all the above statements make you a Republican?

Shorrtee McHeals
26th February 04, 08:48 AM
I agree with Kela. If you spread your legs you should deal with the consequences.

Kela
26th February 04, 11:40 AM
Financially yes I do realize I have republicanesque beliefs. I also am 100% opposed to giving any sort of financial assistance or preference to those with children. I support higher taxes and penalties on those households. Children should be like an automatic extra 2000 per year per child per parent. Definately...regardless of income. It should be an amount that would put lower class families on the street. This would discourage stupid people breeding. And yes yes yes to what Shorrtee said.

I saw on the news last night about pregnant women wanting handicap parking spaces. I think they should be forced to park in the back. They are the ones contributing to the overpopulation...punish them. They got that way intentionally..most handicap people did not. For that matter I would prefer that a lot of the people with the handicap tag not be driving at all. The old ones. You know what? People who did something stupid to put them in that situation shouldnt get a handicap tag either. Like drunk drivers.

Kwill
26th February 04, 12:18 PM
Some of us wanted to get pregnant. :P edit: well I guess you said those of us who wanted to have a child in wedlock with enough money to pay for his rearing and educaton should be punished.

And some day, when you are pregnant, and huge, and hot, and your ankles are the size of melons, you will understand. And I don't think you are old enough to decide whether you will never have a child or not, unless you already had your tubes tied.

Morley
26th February 04, 12:22 PM
unless you already had your tubes tied.We can only hope, we can only hope.

December
26th February 04, 12:32 PM
I'm going to run for President. I'll make Phrack the Secretary of Everything and we can straighten out this country once and for all! We're going to go to the capitol and fire congress, then we'll take back our borders and skies and finally we're going to take back the White House! YYEARAHAGHHH!

Kela
26th February 04, 02:28 PM
If you can afford to have children and educate them then you certainly can afford an extra 2 grand out of your paycheck per year because of your choice not to adopt one of the unwanted children of the world and selfishly brought your own onto this earth.I believe that every single parent should be (id prefer to call it) penalized until overcrowding is no longer in our vocabulary and orphanages are extinct.