PDA

View Full Version : Hiding programs

JustiNIC
28th January 04, 02:47 AM
This happens with AIM and Steam, and probably other programs, but those are the two I've noticed so far...

As soon as I start them up... they just hide themselves and the only way I can even tell that they're still running is by checking the task manager (processes window). I'm running XP Home Edition, if that makes a difference.

This happens with IE sometimes too... not sure if it's in the same vein as the others though, because usually if I close a window or two I can open up IE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Derreck
17th February 04, 08:03 PM
You FOOL! You thought the community was HELPFUL!

imported_Solaris Flare
17th February 04, 09:53 PM
This happens with AIM and Steam, and probably other programs, but those are the two I've noticed so far...

As soon as I start them up... they just hide themselves and the only way I can even tell that they're still running is by checking the task manager (processes window). I'm running XP Home Edition, if that makes a difference.

This happens with IE sometimes too... not sure if it's in the same vein as the others though, because usually if I close a window or two I can open up IE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I bet you have hidden icons. There a option to turn that if you right click on the clock and properties.