PDA

View Full Version : Good God Almighty

Sabore Wallace
11th January 04, 03:57 PM
Most disturbing... and no, this time it aint fat women, or hybrid shit or anything like that... It's just a VERY disturbing news article...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3286721.stm

Mr Meiwes told investigators he took Mr Brandes back to his home in Rotenburg, where Mr Brandes agreed to have his penis cut off, which Mr Meiwes then flambéed and served up to eat together.

Tenebrae Vision
11th January 04, 04:22 PM
Most disturbing... and no, this time it aint fat women, or hybrid shit or anything like that... It's just a VERY disturbing news article...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3286721.stm

Disturbing because we're societally conditioned to think of cannabalism as an evil thing. While, personally, the mere idea turns my stomach.. it *IS* societal conditioning. Other cultures practiced cannabalism commonly.

As far as this being a murder case.. if the man volunteered to be slaughtered/eaten.. it's not murder. It's assisted suicide. If THAT is considered a crime, then he'll be jailed. If, in the video, Mr Brandes is pleading for his life.. it's murder. If it's obvious he *IS* volunteering, Mr Miewes.. while definately not "all there", is not a murderer.

The article stated the man was "dangerous". IF Mr Brandes volunteered, I wouldn't consider him dangerous. He's not stalking/killing random strangers who don't want any part of this. He's actually ASKING people who WANT to do this.

On the other hand.. if volunteers stop coming forward, will he resort to random murders?

Who can know, but do the Germans prosecute based on "if"?

Sabore Wallace
11th January 04, 06:26 PM
But... what gets under my skin is the fact that this man "Could" stab a man repeatedly in the neck until he died (after cutting off his penis and dishing it up) then eating the man afterwards.

If he can kill another person that easily without any regret and the only thing on his mind is "What seasonings should I use?" then the man IS dangerous. That shows me a complete disregard for human life right there. If it's suicide the guy kills himself. WTF is "assisted" suicide? To me, it's murder. Only way a person can "assist" without being a murderer is supply the drugs/weapons needed to the person. But when they actually repeatedly stab another person in the neck, that's murder, I don't care how you "cut it up" to look.

Flare
11th January 04, 06:49 PM
Actually... cannibalism is more than just societal conditioning. It's partially genetic due to the fact that eating the flesh of your own species is bad from a survival standpoint.

Typically, (which this happens with livestock fairly often) you'll be more suseptible to disease if you are cannibalistic (This applies to mammals, I don't know about non-mammals) due to the fact that dead flesh can harbor bacteria and viruses that will infect you... the chance of being infected or having a problem with typical bacteria in meats other than your own are reduced several orders of magnitude.

So generally speaking, mammals that tend to be cannibalistic will not survive as a species through natural selection over the long haul. There are always exceptions to the rule of course... but in cannibalistic human societies, you'll find that the occurance of disease is greatly increased.

JustiNIC
11th January 04, 07:01 PM
He must not have had a fricasseein' license, cause everybody knows that's how you're supposed to cook it!