PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Awards on Spike TV?

Kwill
10th December 03, 08:23 PM
This was the first I heard of this. Perhaps some of you watched it?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031203/people_nm/media_videogames_awards_dc_4

The most addictive game was "Soul Cailber II". Right there it sounded sort of lame.

"Other winning titles included "Madden NFL 2004," the latest version of the perennial video game football hit, which won "Game of the Year" honors; and the fighting game "Soul Calibur II," which took an award for "Most Addictive." "

Daisuke
10th December 03, 08:25 PM
I love ray liotta.... hes so under rated :(

Irbanoz
10th December 03, 08:25 PM
I saw a discussion on it on another forum. It seems like the awards were all "bought."

Shorrtee McHeals
10th December 03, 09:37 PM
It pretty much sucked. I TiVo'd it and really just fast forwarded through the whole thing. It was mostly a bunch of crappy bands performing with some gaming moments thrown in. Oh, and a lot of commercials.

Phleg
10th December 03, 09:50 PM
Yeah. It was basically video game awards for people who don't play video games.

Sendaar
10th December 03, 10:32 PM
i'm pretty sure the awards were bought because "Enter The Matrix" beat out LoTR:TT for best game based on a movie.

Riddeck
10th December 03, 10:49 PM
i'm pretty sure the awards were bought because "Enter The Matrix" beat out LoTR:TT for best game based on a movie.

Enter the Matrix was a pile of shit. We do not care about Jada Pinkett-Smith and we certainly do not care what her lame ass character from a lame ass movie are doing, let alone help her do it.

Unfortunate.

orcmauler
10th December 03, 11:06 PM
If they were bought, which is probable, then that just makes them just like every other award show on the planet.