PDA

View Full Version : Music of the week - December 1

Hurricane Aegien
2nd December 03, 07:46 PM
I picked up Message in a bottle, the complete police recordings (Circa Sep 23, 1993).

Soooo good.

Irbanoz
2nd December 03, 07:50 PM
The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker OST
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Kalmah - Swampsong

beck
2nd December 03, 07:54 PM
Tales of a Librarian-Tori Amos

Daisuke
2nd December 03, 07:54 PM
Slipknot - Surfacing
Slipknot - Purity
Slipknot - Spit it out
Arch Enemy - Burning Angel
Static X - Ostegolectric
Machinehead - Supercharger
Stone Sour - Bother
Taproot - Emotional Times
Arch Enemy - The pilgrim
Arch Enemy - Dead inside ( I swear I wrote this song :( they stole it from me god damn it )

Riddeck
2nd December 03, 08:29 PM
The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker OST
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Kalmah - Swampsong

New DT owns so hard, as well as New Arch Enemy.

I happen to be enthralled with a local metal band here in Detroit called Relik.

They just...rock.

Irbanoz
2nd December 03, 08:33 PM
New DT reminds me a little of Megedeth. I don't know why. Honestly, this is the only DT album that I've heard that I really like... maybe because it's MDish. :P Relik? Get me some "samples!"

Yiktin Voxbane
2nd December 03, 08:38 PM
on a tenaciousD kick this week.

Wonderboy
Tribute
My Biznitch is the shizznitt.

Also reinstalled Dub side of the moon (reggae version done with PF's full support)

imported_Blazer
2nd December 03, 09:01 PM
Slipknot - Surfacing
Slipknot - Purity
Slipknot - Spit it out
Arch Enemy - Burning Angel
Static X - Ostegolectric
Machinehead - Supercharger
Stone Sour - Bother
Taproot - Emotional Times
Arch Enemy - The pilgrim
Arch Enemy - Dead inside ( I swear I wrote this song :( they stole it from me god damn it )

You forgot

Slipknot Bleed (still one of my fav songs)

Voompa
2nd December 03, 09:35 PM
What have I added to my CD collection at work.....ummm....let's see if my memory works...

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Take Them on Your Own
Travis - 12 Memories
Strokes - Room on Fire
Blur - Think Tank
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Spoon - Kill the Moonlight
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Pixies - demo CD thing

buttload of CMJ cd's - the past year's worth

Daisuke
2nd December 03, 09:39 PM
Right you are Blazer~! Wait and Bleed you mean though ;p

Derreck
2nd December 03, 09:47 PM
Slipknot fucking sucks. There's a reason they've only put out one fucking album. Fucking little poser bitches.

deadcat
2nd December 03, 09:54 PM
Yoko [email protected]!!

orcmauler
2nd December 03, 10:25 PM
Black Flag (can't remember the album cause its in my 100 disc changer and im not digging it out dammit)

Morcheeba (see above)

Sleater Kinney (ditto)

Nikalos_2
2nd December 03, 10:38 PM
Henry Rollins - The Boxed Life

Stabu
2nd December 03, 11:24 PM
Burden Brothers - Beautiful Night
Puddle of Mudd - Away From Me

Stable Boy
2nd December 03, 11:33 PM
Picked up some old lost friends
REM Murmur Considering the other music available in 83 this Album is so solid it makes my teeth hurt.
REM Out of Time
Track 11 Me in Honey....

Jimatra
2nd December 03, 11:34 PM
OPM - Heaven is a Halfpipe
Less Than Jake - The Science of Selling Yourself Short
Mustard Plug - Never Be
Prince - Batdance
Thursday - Signals Over the Air
Nas - Hate Me Now

Tribul
3rd December 03, 12:39 AM
Jimmy Barnes -- Good Times

Tenebrae Vision
3rd December 03, 12:46 AM
The Nutcracker Suite - Tchaikovsky
A Ceremony of Carols - Benjamin Britin
Any Christmas music by Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, etc..

I may not celebrate Christmas, but I'm a sucker for Christmas music and hymns :)

Yiktin Voxbane
3rd December 03, 01:59 AM
Jimmy Barnes -- Good Times

Hmm GREAT Song, gunna hafta go find my copy now.

Ouden
3rd December 03, 02:00 AM
Danzig's Black Aria album

Riddeck
3rd December 03, 02:03 AM
New DT reminds me a little of Megedeth. I don't know why. Honestly, this is the only DT album that I've heard that I really like... maybe because it's MDish. :P Relik? Get me some "samples!"

I love Megadeth...but DT has em beat all the way from here to Cleavland..(unless you live in Cleavland, pick any random city). DT stand on their own.

As for Relik... www.relikmusic.com ...you can download to listen to demos, and a couple live things..these guys put on pretty good show.

Someone said Coldplay...my love for that band makes me feel so gay.

Someone also said Less than Jake...you can never go wrong with those gentlemen. Seen the video for "The Art of..." last night, was a bit goofy, but entertaining nonetheless

Soulmirror
3rd December 03, 02:25 AM
Fresh Aire VII - Manheim Steamroller
Dogs of War - Pink Floyd
Heaven and Hell - The Who
For those about to rock - AC/DC
Knights in White Satin - Moody Blues
Shape of my Heart - Sting

Xesor
3rd December 03, 02:52 AM
Struggle - Red, White, and You
Ballpeen Gidget - Sick
Dynamite Hack - Boyz in the Hood

Makk
3rd December 03, 06:42 AM
Cumbersome - 7 mary three
Tyler- Toadies
Someday- Nickleback
Enemy- Sevendust
Swamp Song- Tool
Prison Sex- Tool

Not really been in the mood for music this week. Maybe i'll have better taste next week.

Veldriss
3rd December 03, 08:41 AM
The thrills - big sur
Blazin Squad - flip reverse
Mis-Teeq - style
Alex Parks - maybe that's what it takes
Angel City - Love me right
Adema - Promises

Kiko
3rd December 03, 08:49 AM
Here's what's in my car's disc changer now. My Winamp is too much to post.

Yes - The Ladder
Pete Townshend - Best of/Coolwalkingsmooothtalkingstraightsmokingfirestokin g
Pink Floyd - Division Bell
Alan Parsons - Live
Couple of home burned things I can't describe...
ELP - Best of (had to hear Father Christmas)
Propellerheads - With Matrix stuff and Shirley Bassey Track
Genesis - Turn it On Again - The Hits
And to get into the season, We seem to be on the same wavelength, Sky..
Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas and other Stories

That last one has versions of Tchaikovsky and other classical/traditional tunes with a bit more electricity.

Irbanoz
3rd December 03, 10:24 AM
The Nutcracker Suite - Tchaikovsky

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Silent Nutcracker (Instrumental)

:>

Irbanoz
3rd December 03, 10:32 AM
Koji Kondo, Hajime Wakai - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker OST - Farewell Hyrule King

Oh, the sadness. :(

Daisuke
3rd December 03, 03:48 PM
Slipknot fucking sucks. There's a reason they've only put out one fucking album. Fucking little poser bitches.

Two albums, and if you havnt seen slipknot in concert, you havnt fucking lived yet. And their new album comes out next summer, 2004 IS THE YEAR OF SLIPKNOT MAGGOTS!

Derreck
3rd December 03, 03:52 PM
Two albums, and if you havnt seen slipknot in concert, you havnt fucking lived yet. And their new album comes out next summer, 2004 IS THE YEAR OF SLIPKNOT MAGGOTS!
I don't care how many albums they've put out, they're still fucking sloppy little poseur bitches. How many pairs of baggy black pants covered in zippers do you own?

Daisuke
3rd December 03, 04:06 PM
None to be honest :))) I dont conform to that shit. Although I do wear my hair in uber spikes and wear spiked bracelets, its a fad, what do you expect eh? Gotta have some kinda identity. And don't diss Slipknot cause you cant handle it, you got weak ears son.

Irbanoz
3rd December 03, 04:21 PM
Eh, Ridd. I checked out Relik, wasn't too impressed. :) The vocalist needs alot of work, IMO.

Nikalos_2
3rd December 03, 04:25 PM
don't diss Slipknot cause you cant handle it, you got weak ears son.
Derreck would rather have "weak ears" than a horrible taste in music.

Max
3rd December 03, 04:25 PM
its a fad, what do you expect eh? Gotta have some kinda identity.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

This is rich!

Daisuke
3rd December 03, 04:29 PM
Aww, was it a poor choice of words Max, shut the fuck up and go play with your dick you little faggot.

Nikalos_2
3rd December 03, 04:29 PM
You Have The Best Avatar Ever Max

Voompa
3rd December 03, 11:16 PM
You Have The Best Avatar Ever Max

I was just thinking this when I read your post.

I thought I would share what is on my Winamp at the moment. I notice I have the classics in there like Wham! weeeeeeeeeee!

Jimatra
3rd December 03, 11:36 PM
Pink Cigarette is off the heezy

imported_Blazer
4th December 03, 12:20 AM
george michaels =/

Ouden
4th December 03, 12:25 AM
No one can compete with Black Aria, fuck you all!

Hurricane Aegien
4th December 03, 12:37 AM
Derreck is nothing but correct about Slipknot.

JustiNIC
4th December 03, 12:58 AM
I just started listening to Rufio, that's some pretty good stuff right there. Other than that I just listen to whatever good trance and rock I can get a hold of. About to go pick up the new Blink-182 disc, I can only hope they get away from the style they had on their last two albums, Dude Rance was awesome.

Tetsou
4th December 03, 01:49 AM
311 - Creatures(for a While)
Viktor Vaughn - Raedawn
Monster Island Czars - 1,2....1,2

Nommis
4th December 03, 11:07 AM
I picked up Message in a bottle, the complete police recordings (Circa Sep 23, 1993).

Soooo good.

Good stuff. The last concert I went to a month or so back, Taking Back Sunday did a cover of Message in a Bottle...was interesting to say the least ;)

Daisuke
4th December 03, 03:44 PM
Limp Bizkit - Behind blue eyes --- really good song

December
4th December 03, 04:02 PM
Fred Durst should have been shot for even contemplating bastardizing The Who.

Nylite Skytear
4th December 03, 04:16 PM
Eisley - Head Against the Sky

This is a great band, 3 chicks 2 dudes

Daisuke
4th December 03, 04:49 PM
bastardizing? how so? lol

imported_Blazer
4th December 03, 05:00 PM
I just started listening to Rufio, that's some pretty good stuff right there. Other than that I just listen to whatever good trance and rock I can get a hold of. About to go pick up the new Blink-182 disc, I can only hope they get away from the style they had on their last two albums, Dude Rance was awesome.

What tiny tiny tiny TINY sliver of respect I had for you just disapeared. BLINK 182 is for teenage girls, seriously dude wtf?

joen00b
4th December 03, 06:00 PM
Fucking Uncle Sam On A Burning Flag - Retarded Children In Agony

JustiNIC
4th December 03, 06:13 PM
BLINK 182 is for teenage girlsYeah their last couple albums have been that way. Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch had some quality shit though, and I just got the new album. It's actually very different, sounds like nothing they've done before. I like the four tracks I've heard so far.

Halfrican
4th December 03, 06:28 PM
Wesley Willis - Suck a Cheetah's Dick

JustiNIC
4th December 03, 06:29 PM
Wesley Willis is the shit!

Tetsou
4th December 03, 06:36 PM
Wesley Willis is DEAD

D-E-D, DEAD!

Derreck
4th December 03, 06:37 PM
None to be honest :))) I dont conform to that shit. Although I do wear my hair in uber spikes and wear spiked bracelets, its a fad, what do you expect eh? Gotta have some kinda identity. And don't diss Slipknot cause you cant handle it, you got weak ears son.
That has nothing to do with it. I'll listen to harder shit than that. My problem with Slipknot is not that I can't "handle" them, it's more that they fucking suck the rigid cock of Satan. Horrible, derivative music, and on top of that, they're a bunch of fucking poseurs, with those stupid masks and shit.

Tenebrae Vision
4th December 03, 07:19 PM
Sex Pistols - "Submission" from Never Mind the Bullocks
Dead Kennedys - "California Über Alles" from Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Rollins Band - "Low Self Opinion" from End of Silence
The Clash - "London Calling" from London Calling
Fugazi - "Waiting Room" from 13 Songs

In a punk mood and these are my favs :)

Zaxum
4th December 03, 07:23 PM
Sepultura - Roots
Iron Maiden - 7th Son
My Life w/ TKK - Hit & Run Holiday
Helmet - Meantime

orcmauler
4th December 03, 07:23 PM
That has nothing to do with it. I'll listen to harder shit than that. My problem with Slipknot is not that I can't "handle" them, it's more that they fucking suck the rigid cock of Satan. Horrible, derivative music, and on top of that, they're a bunch of fucking poseurs, with those stupid masks and shit.
/agree

And fyi though I was never able to prove it, the similarities between the nu-metal band slipknot and the jazz band slipknot were close enough that to this day I am convinced they are one in the same.

Slipknot has about as much credibility as Linkin Park.

Tetsou
4th December 03, 07:25 PM
The Residents - Hitler was a Vegetarian

I'm in an esoteric mood, and the Residents and Negativeland fit that quite nicely. If only I knew what any of these Negativeland tracks I have are called. :x

Tetsou
4th December 03, 07:27 PM
Slipknot has about as much credibility as Linkin Park.

Plain ol' "I think their music sucks" aside, where does this opinion come from? Limp Bizkit, imo, have ended up as a fairly rounded out band as far as song topics go. It's really just their style that's pigdeon holed, because well... Fred Durst can't sing, but the man has soem flows.

Daisuke
4th December 03, 09:09 PM
Fred Durst cant sing? He cant yell, he can sing though. As far as slipknot sucking, its just an acquired taste, you need a very high tolerance for angry music... which I have, being a teen and all. Of course slipknot wont appeal to people that are way older, which is the case with this board. I mostly admire their performance skills in live concerts, their music isnt all that great, just entertaining. And for the masks.... the masks were to prove a point and thats what got them where they were. Theres a long story behind the band itself, you just need to be open minded and dig for it.

orcmauler
4th December 03, 09:27 PM
Fred Durst cant sing? He cant yell, he can sing though. As far as slipknot sucking, its just an acquired taste, you need a very high tolerance for angry music... which I have, being a teen and all. Of course slipknot wont appeal to people that are way older, which is the case with this board. I mostly admire their performance skills in live concerts, their music isnt all that great, just entertaining. And for the masks.... the masks were to prove a point and thats what got them where they were. Theres a long story behind the band itself, you just need to be open minded and dig for it.

HAH you are an idiot.

If I want to see a "performance" I'll go see GWAR. If I want to see a good band play, I won't see slipknot.

Ok talking about angry music, stupid age shit aside (which you brought up).

Angry music that I listen to that makes baby slipknot cry:

Meshuggah
Nile
At the Gates
Neurosis
Crytopsy
Hypocrisy
Carcass
Coven
Fudge Tunnel
Sepultura (up till chaos ad)
Metallica (up till black album)
Sick of It All
Crowbar
Pro-Pain
Madball
Earth Crisis
Spineshank (first album only)

Fuck, Dido is more hardcore than Slipknot.

Now onto the age thing. Son I have been listening to angry music probably as long as you have been alive. Guess what. Slipknot is neither new or origninal in the overall scheme of things. They are derivative of everything else out there, but then again so is most music these days. People that listen to bands then develop this obsessive following of them mystify me. I appreciate a band for the music, not for the fact they wear masks and have some (made up trust me) story about their lives.

Tetsou
4th December 03, 09:28 PM
Fred Durst cant sing?

No, he can't. Not to say he doesn't write very good lyrics, but as far as carrying a tune? He does the the same way every rapper does it. I wish I knew the technical terms for it, but it basically amount to the fact that he can't sing, but his production and music are good enough that you don't notice.

ie: Down another day from Results May Vary

Daisuke
4th December 03, 09:41 PM
The only good "angry" music you listen to is Meshuggah and Spineshank, but you make a poor choice not listening to their new album. I fucking nutted all over that for like 3 months straight when it came out in august. Self Destructive pattern is such a good cd.

Meshuggah is more silly then angry imo.... I love new millenium cyanide christ though heh

Irbanoz
4th December 03, 10:09 PM
What, angry music and no honorable mention for Hatebreed? (though, all the songs sound the same because the singer's fucking monotonous or something)

Daisuke
4th December 03, 10:10 PM
Indeed irb

Voompa
4th December 03, 10:59 PM
with those stupid masks and shit.

Plus Mr. Bungle beat them to the punch with the masks about 12-15 years before.

orcmauler
4th December 03, 11:02 PM
The only good "angry" music you listen to is Meshuggah and Spineshank, but you make a poor choice not listening to their new album. I fucking nutted all over that for like 3 months straight when it came out in august. Self Destructive pattern is such a good cd.

Meshuggah is more silly then angry imo.... I love new millenium cyanide christ though heh
um ok

Zaxum
5th December 03, 01:05 AM
Dry Kill Logic is the mass hatorade

December
5th December 03, 01:49 AM
Hey Orc, we seem to dig the same kinds of music. I'll give a short listing of my typical playlist, tell me which one of these you like the most:

AC/DC
At The Gates
Avenged Sevenfold (really slick mixing of punk and death/thrash metal)
Black Label Society
Children Of Bodom
Chimaira
Dark Tranquility
Death
Dimmu Borgir
Dream Theater (new CD is pretty good so far)
Entombed
Evergrey
Hammerfall
Iced Earth
In Flames
Katatonia
Megadeth
Moonspell
Motley Crue (most of their old school stuff)
Nevermore
Nightrage (kind of a project band, some members of At The Gates and some other Swedish band)
Nocturnal Rites
Opeth
Pandemonium
Paradise Lost
Savatage
Shadows Fall (I was really surprised to learn they're from Mass. - best new metal band out there in my opinion... check Thoughts Without Words and Destroyer Of Senses for examples)
Soilwork
Sonata Arctica (resembles Stratovarius)
Witchery

Stable Boy
5th December 03, 02:03 AM
:digs in his bag of tricks (or shit)
Tom Waits: Shore Leave "I played billiards with a midget until the rain stopped"
Velvet Underground: Venus in Furs
Devo: Gut Feeling
Super Sonic Soul Pimps: Action Verb
And the Coupe de grac
Spinal Tap: Big Bottom

Derreck
5th December 03, 04:43 AM
I am 24. I am not too old for this shit. I happen to have an incredibly high tolerance level for angry music. I don't have a high tolerance for shitty music. The masks are a poseur affectation. I know the fucking story. It ain't special. "Oh, we want people to recognize us for our music, not what we look like or who we are." Then don't wear ridiculous masks. Same with that fucking Buckethead douchebag. Don't want people highlighting you instead of the music? Don't wear a fucking chicken bucket on your head.

Cilumbik
5th December 03, 04:49 AM
I <3 Nirvana forever.

Donnely McLeod
5th December 03, 07:23 AM
The Clash - White Riot
The Clash - I fought the Law
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Black Flag - Rise Above
Black Flag - No Values
Black Flag - 21 Guns
Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
Sex Pistols - Oi Oi Oi
Sex Pistols - Bodies
Sex Pistols - Streets of London
Misftis - Teenagers from Mars
Misftis - Night of the Living Dead
Misftis - Last Caress
Misftis - Hybrid moments
Danzig - Mother
Danzig - Cantspeak
Danzig - Sacrifice

I am 24. I am not too old for this shit. I happen to have an incredibly high tolerance level for angry music. I don't have a high tolerance for shitty music. The masks are a poseur affectation. I know the fucking story. It ain't special. "Oh, we want people to recognize us for our music, not what we look like or who we are." Then don't wear ridiculous masks. Same with that fucking Buckethead douchebag. Don't want people highlighting you instead of the music? Don't wear a fucking chicken bucket on your head.

This is the greatest thing anyone has said. Thank you. I'm 23 and I think the stuff is total shit also.

As far as slipknot sucking, its just an acquired taste, you need a very high tolerance for angry music...

Hell, you don't even know what angry music is sonny. Angry music is about social rebellion, violence and a passion that EVERY new angst driven poser grouping of untalented pricks lack.

Kiko
5th December 03, 09:01 AM
Don't wear a fucking chicken bucket on your head.

Right. Where is the unknown comic now, huh?? where??

http://www.theunknowncomic.com/art/back.jpg

Low tolerance for angry music here...

Daisuke
5th December 03, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't call slipknot or any other new band posers just cause they havnt existed for 10+ years like the rest of the shit you named off. (Roughly, dont start naming off bands that arent cause I dont give a fuck)

orcmauler
5th December 03, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't call slipknot or any other new band posers just cause they havnt existed for 10+ years like the rest of the shit you named off. (Roughly, dont start naming off bands that arent cause I dont give a fuck)
thats right when losing the argument start ignoring the counter.

by all means listen to slipknot if it makes you happy, if that is the proper word for it, but realize that people with half a clue have no sort of respect for them.

Daisuke
5th December 03, 06:39 PM
You can't lose an argument based strictly on opinions. None of this shit is factual, so dont sound so satisfied with yourself.

Max
5th December 03, 06:53 PM
Not ONE single mention of Bad Brains....

You all should be ashamed.

orcmauler
5th December 03, 07:01 PM
You can't lose an argument based strictly on opinions. None of this shit is factual, so dont sound so satisfied with yourself.

Oh but I am satisfied with the knowledge that I don't listen to that piece of shit band known as Slipknot.

Have a nice day.

Oh and Badbrains is awesome, up till H.R. went fucking insane (around the god of love cd). I helped interview them once right after that it was awesome they are cool as hell.

Derreck
5th December 03, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't call slipknot or any other new band posers just cause they havnt existed for 10+ years like the rest of the shit you named off. (Roughly, dont start naming off bands that arent cause I dont give a fuck)You'll notice that NOT ONCE has anyone referenced how long they have been around as a reason why they suck. They suck because they suck, kiddo, not because they are new, or because they wear masks, or because they are too "hard" or "angry," or because they are an acquired taste.

We all keep saying they suck because they really really suck.

Derreck
5th December 03, 09:45 PM
Bad Brains = teh win

Energiser
6th December 03, 12:03 AM
Mad World - Gary Jule

Daisuke
6th December 03, 09:57 PM
Arch Enemy - End of the line

Uber song, irb you need to DL it if you havnt yet ;p

GrimwoodCT
6th December 03, 10:01 PM
Broke out my Nick Drake boxed set.

Irbanoz
7th December 03, 10:17 AM
I've got the whole album, Dai. :D

ps: GRIMWOOD

Daisuke
7th December 03, 10:22 AM
bastardo! I cant find the damn album! lol
something about the drums in dehuminization gets me goin!

Jacklenut
7th December 03, 04:27 PM
This kid sounds like me when I was 13. You're only a kid when you think your favorite band can do no wrong.

I've seen them live, twice. They were good for a while. Until I realized they're no talented pieces of shit. That guy can't write lyrics for his LIFE. The only thing that get's kid's interested in the first place is the angry teen shit and the "INSANE DRUMMER!! OMG DOUBLE BASS!!"

Daisuke
7th December 03, 04:39 PM
Arch Enemy isnt my fav band, but their right up on top of there. And I dont listen to them for their lyrical value, if I wanted that I would listen to Meshuggah or Tool (even though you cant understand anything the dude from meshuggah says) I envy their guitarists, their friggin crazy. To say Arch Enemy has no talent is ludicrous, and that proves in itself that you are A.) Not a musician and B.) A moron.

Unless of course you were talking about slipknot, which is like an entire conversation ago.

Derreck
7th December 03, 07:22 PM
Unless of course you were talking about slipknot, which is like an entire conversation ago.
Like hell it was, you got owned and changed the subject. It was topical!

Daisuke
7th December 03, 08:26 PM
Newp, was talkin to irb about AE cause I heard a new song by them. Not difficult to understand, then again... it is you.

orcmauler
7th December 03, 09:16 PM
does he have a dildo for a nose?

JustiNIC
7th December 03, 09:34 PM
Who wants a moustache ride?

Energiser
7th December 03, 09:57 PM
If your 555 then im 666

Can anyone explain this to me in a way that doesn't make it fucking stupid?

orcmauler
7th December 03, 10:03 PM
Can anyone explain this to me in a way that doesn't make it fucking stupid?
I have a feeling its related to being young and angry and has something to do with Slipknot, so in short, No.

Daisuke
7th December 03, 10:16 PM
Your ignorance amuses me my friend!

Nikalos_2
7th December 03, 10:19 PM

LOLZ! Statix is getting pwned!

Irbanoz
7th December 03, 11:59 PM
I have a feeling it [...] has something to do with Slipknot...

Ignorance? He was correct. :P <a href="http://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/slipknotlyrics/thehereticanthemlyrics.html">Slipknot - The Heretic Anthem Lyrics</a>

If You're 555 then I'm 666.
If you're 555 I'm 666.
If you're 555 then I'm 666 (what's it like to be a heretic)
If you're 555 I'm 666. (what's it like to be a heretic)

Nikalos_2
8th December 03, 12:30 AM
Ignorance? He was correct. :P <a href="http://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/slipknotlyrics/thehereticanthemlyrics.html">Slipknot - The Heretic Anthem Lyrics</a>

heh, You're the one who looked up Slipknot lyrics =/

Irbanoz
8th December 03, 10:53 AM
Like telling someone they're wrong on CTC without proof ever flies. Ever.

Daisuke
8th December 03, 03:53 PM
Indeed he was correct it had to do with slipknot, GG you looked at my avatar. He just didnt know how it correlated with slipknot :)

JustiNIC
8th December 03, 04:00 PM
I think the only song I ever heard by them was Wait and Bleed, which would have been pretty good if they didn't scream so damn much.

Irbanoz
15th December 03, 11:56 AM
Arch Enemy - End of the line

Uber song...

YES. I just plugged the playlist back in and listened to this, and I had to check to see if you had mentioned it. The first 30 seconds of the song are the best part, IMO. My favourite song on the whole album is Walking On a Dead End Road, I think.