PDA

View Full Version : List of musical bad-asses

Nikalos_2
3rd October 03, 04:22 PM
1. Henry Rollins
2. Tom Petty
3. Jim Morrison

edit:They have to be in a band, no techno bullshit.

Sithray
3rd October 03, 04:24 PM
I am in high support of this list with exception of #2. Any man unglier than me who gets more chicks needs to bite a cock.

Nikalos_2
3rd October 03, 04:24 PM
Tom Petty is a bad ass, Admit it.

Andorion
3rd October 03, 04:34 PM
4. Justin Timberlake

Derreck
3rd October 03, 04:37 PM
Glen Danzig! Jesus, how could you miss that. On a related note, Jerry Only, bassist (and singer, lately) for the Misfits, is fucking hardcore.

joen00b
3rd October 03, 04:43 PM
Glenn Danzig USED to be cool, but now he's a Walmart quality knock off of Trent Reznor, who was only mediocre in his approach to music as it was.

Derreck
3rd October 03, 04:45 PM
I'm just saying he's badass. Maybe I should be listening to Iced Earth, or Queensryche, or um... Dream Theater.

Also badass is David Draiman.

orcmauler
3rd October 03, 05:01 PM
Glen Danzig! Jesus, how could you miss that. On a related note, Jerry Only, bassist (and singer, lately) for the Misfits, is fucking hardcore.
True Glenn Danzig is hardcore....If you like munchkins on steroids. Ever seen that guy in real life? He's a fucking midget.

Nikalos_2
3rd October 03, 05:03 PM
Glenn Danzig only got a 5 on Bad-Ass meter. sorry bud.

Kwill
3rd October 03, 05:10 PM
Who is uglier, Tom Petty or the Aerosmith guy? I couldn't decide.

joen00b
3rd October 03, 05:11 PM
Never heard of him, and as all music afficianados know: Unknown = cool!

So, That Dave Draiman dude must be rock solid, and right on!

(e.g. I shall be looking for some of his work tonight).

Also tough:

Lemmy Kilmister
Scott Ian
John Lydon
Phil Anselmo
G.G. Allin (He was too hardcore!)
Bruce Dickinson

Derreck
3rd October 03, 05:15 PM

Sure. Check out "The Sickness," "Remember," and "The Game."

It'll be under Disturbed.

joen00b
3rd October 03, 05:20 PM
Oh! I just call him Monkey Man. Yeah, he's tough! (no sarcasm, dude would kick my ass!)

Kiko
3rd October 03, 05:26 PM
Liberace
Tiny Tim
Lawrence Welk

;)

Donnely McLeod
3rd October 03, 09:20 PM
Glenn Danzig USED to be cool, but now he's a Walmart quality knock off of Trent Reznor, who was only mediocre in his approach to music as it was.

I vote for Glen Danzig of The Misfits. I always think its funny that most people who are really into the hardcore stuff are wrail 'gothics', when the embodiment of hardcore (to me at least) are the Misfits... buffed-up muscle heads screaming about nuclear war, undead and killing babies.

:edit: On Jerry Only... wasn't crazy about Famous Monsters (great cover art though), but he's still got the Punk Anthem skills rolling about. I've always sort of got a '50's' sort of feel from the Misfits (like greasers sort of and 'at the hop' music; Speak of the Devil, Astro Zombies, etc.).

Halfrican
3rd October 03, 09:22 PM
Maynard James Keenan

Nikalos_2
3rd October 03, 09:37 PM
Maynard James Keenan

He isnt a badass. Sorry.

orcmauler
3rd October 03, 09:40 PM

Also tough:

Lemmy Kilmister
Scott Ian
John Lydon
Phil Anselmo
G.G. Allin (He was too hardcore!)
Bruce Dickinson

Wholly agree with the Lemmy there Joe. A few years back at a metal conference he and Jim Martin (former faith no more guitarist) spent the entire fucking time in the bar. Every time I went down they were there, at the same spot and in the same clothes pounding beer/booze etc. Since Jager was also the unofficial sponsor of the conference they were drinking a LOT of that shit too. Got to say though Motorhead is the loudest damn 3 piece band I have ever heard in my life.

Phrost
3rd October 03, 09:55 PM
I've never heard of Tom Petty being a badass.

What about the dude from Type O-negative? I knew a stripper who once fucked him, and apparently the guy's like 6'9 or something.

orcmauler
3rd October 03, 09:56 PM
I've never heard of Tom Petty being a badass.

What about the dude from Type O-negative? I knew a stripper who once fucked him, and apparently the guy's like 6'9 or something.

Peter Steele is his name Phrack. He was in Playgirl about 5-6 years ago, it is still a running joke in the band.

Zeta
3rd October 03, 10:16 PM
James Hetfield is the man!

Ouden
3rd October 03, 10:23 PM
Fatboy Slim

December
4th October 03, 12:18 AM
I've always thought Zakk Wylde was a badass dude.

Hurricane Aegien
4th October 03, 12:42 AM
Ian MacKaye

If you don't know, kill yourself.

Voompa
4th October 03, 12:45 AM
/stab /stab Ok, I had to look it up and I still don't care. :) uhhhhhhhh, what would my choice be?

Charles Thompson IV

np: Blur - The Universal

Soulmirror
4th October 03, 12:49 AM
1. Wendy O'Williams (plasmatics) any woman who could do metal wearing electric tape and shaving cream has my vote. she was bad ass.

Xesor
4th October 03, 12:55 AM
http://www.pyramax.demon.co.uk/GLIP.JPG

Nikalos_2
4th October 03, 01:12 AM
Prince is a bad-ass, he loves women so much he dresses up like one.

Derreck
4th October 03, 01:55 AM
:edit: On Jerry Only... wasn't crazy about Famous Monsters (great cover art though), but he's still got the Punk Anthem skills rolling about. I've always sort of got a '50's' sort of feel from the Misfits (like greasers sort of and 'at the hop' music; Speak of the Devil, Astro Zombies, etc.).
On Famous Monsters (as well as American Psycho) the vocalist was Michael Graves, who has since left the band. I think Doyle, Jerry's kid brother, also left. Now it's just Jerry, the ugly Ramone, and some other dude.

Kela
4th October 03, 02:20 AM
Josie and the Pussycats.

Halfrican
4th October 03, 03:18 AM
STEVIE WONDER IS A MUSICAL GENIUS!

Traetick
4th October 03, 03:43 AM
peter steele for sure. that man is a monster (in more ways than one lol )

vilesoul
4th October 03, 03:50 AM
mick jagger

frank zappa

and danzig, no doubt about it

Hurricane Aegien
4th October 03, 03:52 AM
James Hetfield is the man!

10 years ago he was a bad ass. Now he's a washed up card carying AA member with a softside and a glaring lack of musical talent.

Nikalos_2
4th October 03, 04:19 AM
BB King is a bad-ass

Makk
4th October 03, 05:54 AM
Dave Grohl on drums of course.

Morley
4th October 03, 06:30 AM
Every member of the Blues Brothers band. Also The "Boss" and his band...hell, one of them plays a VERY believeable mobster..quite the badass.

Jacklenut
4th October 03, 11:23 AM
little jimmy urine
http://www.mindlesscrackers.com/images/live89.jpg

http://www.mindlesscrackers.com/images/pic57.jpg

http://www.mindlesscrackers.com/images/live141.jpg

Bad-ass

Derreck
4th October 03, 11:24 AM
I'd like to see ANY of those pictures show up!

Jacklenut
4th October 03, 11:25 AM
:(

Ouden
4th October 03, 11:32 AM
Moby<br>

Zeta
4th October 03, 01:55 PM
10 years ago he was a bad ass. Now he's a washed up card carying AA member with a softside and a glaring lack of musical talent.

So much clam because he fought your right to steal music? He is still the lead of the best metal band in the world.

orcmauler
4th October 03, 02:10 PM
So much clam because he fought your right to steal music? He is still the lead of the best metal band in the world.

Umm where the hell have you had your head stuck for the past 5 years?

Metallica has NOT had a "good" album in the artistic sense since the black album. Sure, Fuel, Load, Re-Load, Garage Days re-revisited all sold commercially well but that is still because even to this day any album that the band releases goes platinum, good or not. Metallica could release a cover album of Jennifer Lopez songs and it would go platinum, does that make it a good album? Hell no.

Face it, as much as I even hate to admit this, Metallica jumped the shark around And Justice... and the Black album. Just to make matters worse, in some sort of universal irony, james hetfield decides to sober up before he records the most recent (and worst of them all) album to date. I don't know about you but as soon as I heard the new album, I tried to find his mailing adress so I could express-freight him a case of Jagermeister.

So in closing, James Hetfield circa the Alcoholica days=badass
James Hetfield circa St. Anger days=Morrisey

Kalric
4th October 03, 02:32 PM
I cant believe no one said Axel Rose.

Bob Marley and Stevie are awesome too. But over all Axel Rose.

But any-who time for the Texas vs Kansas State game! Woot!

Nikalos_2
4th October 03, 04:15 PM
Axl is a skinny pussy.

Hurricane Aegien
4th October 03, 06:45 PM
So much clam because he fought your right to steal music? He is still the lead of the best metal band in the world.You couldn't substantiate your claim with something better than "He fought your right to steal music"? Fucking christ, I don't even steal music, I download shit, if it's good, I buy it, if it's not, it's gone.

Pull your head out of your ass, Metallica sucks now, period.

Bob Rock ruined their newest album, Lars can't keep time for shit anymore, James can't write for shit anymore, and the fact that they almost entirely snubbed Kirk (their only saving grace anymore really) on the new album is almost fucking criminal. That *entire* album was a work of ProTools and horrible production.

Tetsou
4th October 03, 07:00 PM
Axl is a skinny pussy. Badass he is not. Expert whiner, he most definitely is.

Xioxou
4th October 03, 09:34 PM
The guy from Type O Negitive!

"Woh, was that a bear?"

Aaaand, all of the Aquabats.

Aaaand, the guy from MOTÖRHEAD.

Zeta
4th October 03, 10:47 PM
Please, there hasn't been one person listed on this thread that has even earned the right to fondle Hetfields nutsack. Regardless if you think their recent material sucks or not, he is still responsible for the best metal music out there.

Nikalos_2
4th October 03, 11:06 PM
Metallica obviously sucks because they are making massive amounts of cash. I mean, No other band would do that? right?

Diggler McFeely
4th October 03, 11:47 PM
Yeah, Lemmy rocks.

Oh yeah ...

\m/

Derreck
4th October 03, 11:49 PM
Please, there hasn't been one person listed on this thread that has even earned the right to fondle Hetfields nutsack. Regardless if you think their recent material sucks or not, he is still responsible for the best metal music out there.
That wasn't really what we were talking about, though, was it?

No one is denying Metallica's contribution to metal, or even music in general. The sad fact is that with the exception of a few recent tunes, Metallica is a fucking joke compared to how good they used to be.

Jimatra
5th October 03, 12:07 AM
They suck-diddily-uck.

Xesor
5th October 03, 02:57 AM

Duh, that's why she/he/it tried to change the point...AND YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP! :(

Xesor
5th October 03, 02:59 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38402000/jpg/_38402921_fuller_milli150.jpg

Beyond bad-ass.

Sabore Wallace
5th October 03, 02:11 PM
Rob Zombie

Nikalos_2
5th October 03, 03:55 PM
Rob Zombie

You are a fucking idiot, really.

joen00b
5th October 03, 04:01 PM

No one is denying Metallica's contribution to metal, or even music in general. The sad fact is that with the exception of a few recent tunes, Metallica is a fucking joke compared to how good they used to be.

If the Metallica of today ran into the Master Of Puppets Metallica, the new Metallica would be getting their asses kicked hourly.

Kalric
5th October 03, 04:02 PM
Hahaha Rob Zombie?

Yes and what Marliyn(sp?) Manson sing is music

Not even close

Jacklenut
5th October 03, 04:10 PM
Hahaha Rob Zombie?

Yes and what Marliyn(sp?) Manson sing is music

Not even close

uhhmm, what did you say?

orcmauler
5th October 03, 04:37 PM
If the Metallica of today ran into the Master Of Puppets Metallica, the new Metallica would be getting their asses kicked hourly.

here here, I wouldn't be suprised if Cliff Burton rose from the freaking grave and bludgeoned Lars and James to death for sucking so much.

5th October 03, 10:02 PM
here here, I wouldn't be suprised if Cliff Burton rose from the freaking grave and bludgeoned Lars and James to death for sucking so much.

Not to mention that would be fucking sweet, zombies are cool.

orcmauler
5th October 03, 10:20 PM
Not to mention that would be fucking sweet, zombies are cool.
Except House of the Dead movie will make them suck, I just know it.

Zeta
5th October 03, 11:18 PM

Well then your gonna have to tell me what the topic of the conversation is. I read musical badass. If you mean RECENT musical badasses, then tell me the last thing Danzig has done or 95% of the other people listed in this thread. Hetfield is still out there rocking. The fact that he could record him taking a dump and it would go plat pretty much sums that he is still a badass.

Xioxou
5th October 03, 11:22 PM
Not really. Now, if he recorded himself taking a dump on the president of BMI, now that would make him a bad ass. Otherwise, he's just another guy who plays (bad) music for money. I submit: Old Metalica > New Metalica. Load was the begining of the end.

5th October 03, 11:22 PM
Well then your gonna have to tell me what the topic of the conversation is. I read musical badass. If you mean RECENT musical badasses, then tell me the last thing Danzig has done or 95% of the other people listed in this thread. Hetfield is still out there rocking. The fact that he could record him taking a dump and it would go plat pretty much sums that he is still a badass.

The point being made is that Metallica lately has sucked. Danzig hasn't done anything in a bit, but none of it was shit. Metallica used to kick fucking ass. Now they are a joke, especially when you compare the new shit to the old shit.

Halfrican
5th October 03, 11:24 PM
Metallica used to kick fucking ass. Now they are a joke,

At least they can say they once were good at something, unlike you.

5th October 03, 11:27 PM
At least they can say they once were good at something, unlike you.

...what exactly are you basing this on? It's not like I'm working at Jack in the Box, sport. I'm good at everything I try to do.

Ouden
6th October 03, 12:13 AM
Except Kela. Zing!

Kalric
6th October 03, 12:45 AM
Ouch

Sabore Wallace
6th October 03, 12:57 AM
I loved old Metallica, I still like new Metallica. Most people that say "Metallica sold out blah blah blah" are nothing but fucking sheep getting fucked up the ass, because "everyone else" says so. I actually liked Load a lot, Re-load didn't do much for me, I liked S&M, Garage revisited had a few good, and I haven't even heard St. Anger yet.

And yes, Rob Zombie kicks ass, Marylin Manson sucks dick, and I like Eminem too. So swing a ride from my nuts one more time for the love of shit.

Zeta
6th October 03, 10:03 AM
I like St Anger better then Load or Re-load. Its a LOT faster and heavier. Not so damn bluesy. The only fallbacks of the album were the production quality (to heavy drums and can't hear the guitar work much Damn Bob rock) and NO FUCKING SOLOS!!! =/

Diggler McFeely
6th October 03, 01:54 PM
It's passe now to say that,

<blockquote>"Most people that say "Metallica sold out blah blah blah" are nothing but fucking sheep getting fucked up the ass, because "everyone else" says so."</blockquote>

In fact, most people who say that are nothing but fucking sheep getting fucked up the ass, because "everyone else" says so.

Sabore Wallace
6th October 03, 06:33 PM
Really? I've never heard anyone say it aside from me. Most people seem to be on the "Metallica-Hate" band wagon.

joen00b
6th October 03, 06:56 PM
I like St Anger better then Load or Re-load. Its a LOT faster and heavier. Not so damn bluesy. The only fallbacks of the album were the production quality (to heavy drums and can't hear the guitar work much Damn Bob rock) and NO FUCKING SOLOS!!! =/

On weekends I hang out with friends in a little gig we call Graceless Society (the guitarists ex is named Grace, so I dubbed us that after she wasn't allowed around anymore) and we get tore up drunk BBQing then go jam, and ya know what? We sound better than St. Anger.

I am still thoroughly convinced that Lars and James made a bet with someone that they could release a shitty album and it would still sell well only because of their name.

Jacklenut
6th October 03, 07:00 PM
Marylin Manson sucks dick

I would try to refute that, but it's actually true.

Ryan Platts
13th April 08, 09:35 AM
Van Morrison, Trey Azagthoth, Chuck Schuldiner, metallica, rory gallagher.

Astral Weeks is the best album of all time. I nearly cry every time i listen. Van is brilliant.

OZZ
13th April 08, 10:10 AM
Glenn Danzig only got a 5 on Bad-Ass meter. sorry bud.

Danzig is a loser..check out the vid on youtube of him getting knocked out by a guy from another band..

OZZ
13th April 08, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Lemmy rocks.

Oh yeah ...

\m/

the coolest badass..Lemme!
Fuck, this thread is old.

OZZ
13th April 08, 10:24 AM
Don't forget..
Billy Idol
All the old timers like Keith Moon (rip), OZZY, Bon Scott (rip), James Brown (rip), Ace Frehley..come on guys!

Steve
13th April 08, 11:10 AM
Van Morrison, Trey Azagthoth, Chuck Schuldiner, metallica, rory gallagher.

Astral Weeks is the best album of all time. I nearly cry every time i listen. Van is brilliant.

I nearly cry every time you post in threads that are 2-3 years old.

Remember this? (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68194)

socratic
14th April 08, 01:56 AM
I nearly cry every time you post in threads that are 2-3 years old.

Remember this? (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68194)

Does criticising a thread necromancer make you a thread necromancer?

Internet paradox GO!

I cant believe no one said Axel Rose.

Bob Marley and Stevie are awesome too. But over all Axel Rose.

Because Lemmy Kilminster would rape Axl to fucking death. Hairmetal? Are you fucking kidding me?

Steve
14th April 08, 02:48 AM

Internet paradox GO!

Sorry, that is the most retarded thing that I have ever heard.

socratic
14th April 08, 03:37 AM
Sorry, that is the most retarded thing that I have ever heard.

More retarded than this?

Posting in a ridiculously old thread = necromancy. If someone necromances a thread, does it cease to be old? If not, then are you not yourself a necromancer by posting in it to criticise the initial necromancer?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
14th April 08, 03:39 AM
You are a retard.

Ryan Platts
14th April 08, 04:10 AM
Sorry. I fail @ life.

Mr. Mantis
15th April 08, 10:03 AM
The thread just asks about musical badasses, whatever that means to you. By the "No techno bullshit" provisio, I'm guessing they should actually be musicians.

Nobody mentioned Ozzy and Jimi Hendrix. Figured most of you would have heard of them.

I would add Vinny Stigma (guitar), Harley Flannigan(Vox), Cliff Burton(bass), Jello Biafra(vox), H.R.(vox), Dave Dictor(song writing), Greg Ginn(guitar), woody Gutherie (Song writing).

OZZ
17th April 08, 11:59 AM
The thread just asks about musical badasses, whatever that means to you. By the "No techno bullshit" provisio, I'm guessing they should actually be musicians.

Nobody mentioned Ozzy and Jimi Hendrix. Figured most of you would have heard of them.

I would add Vinny Stigma (guitar), Harley Flannigan(Vox), Cliff Burton(bass), Jello Biafra(vox), H.R.(vox), Dave Dictor(song writing), Greg Ginn(guitar), woody Gutherie (Song writing).

I mentioned OZZY...Hendrix was a god, he was no badass though. he only destroyed a hotel room once, that doesn't make you a bad ass.

TM
19th April 08, 11:20 AM

Internet paradox GO!

Because Lemmy Kilminster would rape Axl to fucking death. Hairmetal? Are you fucking kidding me?
I thought he did. Anyway neither of those pratts can sing at all.
Axel sounds like he's caught his little jeeter in his zipper and lemmy sounds like he hasn't shit in three years.

Mr. Mantis
19th April 08, 11:44 AM
I mentioned OZZY...Hendrix was a god, he was no badass though. he only destroyed a hotel room once, that doesn't make you a bad ass.

So to be a musical badass you have reak havoc, and play music?

Black Flag got banned from about every club in LA. That's pretty bad ass.