PDA

View Full Version : Music of the week - Aug 10, 03

Hurricane Aegien
11th August 03, 06:10 PM
I just got Sirius satellite radio, so I've been listening to that non-stop, it's the shit! Anyhow, here's some highlights.

The Church

Longware

Genna Hayes

Coldplay

Sugar Cult

Donnely McLeod
11th August 03, 06:36 PM
Medium Pace - Adam Sandler

Shorrtee McHeals
11th August 03, 06:41 PM
Eminem and the Beatles.

Bummey
11th August 03, 07:00 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence

Nikalos_2
11th August 03, 08:16 PM
Outkast

joen00b
11th August 03, 08:16 PM
Any WASP Pre 1986.

Donnely McLeod
11th August 03, 08:23 PM
I'm getting all my favorite Chris Cornell songs to make a CD fer meeself...

From Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden and Audioslave.

Hurricane Aegien
11th August 03, 08:36 PM
I'm getting all my favorite Chris Cornell songs to make a CD fer meeself...

From Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden and Audioslave.

That's pretty interesting because Chris Cornell never had shit to do with Mother Love bone. He wrote some songs for Andy which Chris went to record after he died that ended up turning into a full project (Temple of the dog), but Chris doesn't make any appearances on any MLB records. Though he does appear on AIC's album - "Sap", and The Screaming Tree's album - "Uncle Anestesia" amoung other random ass appearances on Alice Cooper albums, and other stuff.

Yiktin Voxbane
11th August 03, 08:38 PM
Classical gas
Streets of London
Beggars Farm

All single tracks.

Derreck
11th August 03, 08:39 PM
Let us not also forget Cornell's solo album, which was pretty damn good too. Check out "Sunshowers" and (I think it's called) "Change the World."

Hurricane Aegien
11th August 03, 08:40 PM
Let us not also forget Cornell's solo album, which was pretty damn good too. Check out "Sunshowers" and (I think it's called) "Change the World."

Yes of course, but if you don't know that you're just dumb! :)

Donnely McLeod
11th August 03, 08:45 PM
That's pretty interesting because Chris Cornell never had shit to do with Mother Love bone. He wrote some songs for Andy which Chris went to record after he died that ended up turning into a full project (Temple of the dog), but Chris doesn't make any appearances on any MLB records. Though he does appear on AIC's album - "Sap", and The Screaming Tree's album - "Uncle Anestesia" amoung other random ass appearances on Alice Cooper albums, and other stuff.

Hey... you're right. Well damn me.

Voompa
11th August 03, 10:07 PM
Sap is still my favorite AIC album/ep whatever you want to call it...release! My favorite release by them. There ya go.

My new favorite song:
Flaming Lips - Do You Realize

Cheesiest song that should be downloaded just to hear the ripoff of Abba's S.O.S. along with yodeling, rapping, scratching and cowbells:
Bring Me Edelweiss

np: Ash - Nicole

Hurricane Aegien
11th August 03, 10:10 PM
Sap is bar none one of the best albums of all time.

joen00b
11th August 03, 10:29 PM
I feel that way about all of AIC's albums and just about anything Cantrell has been involved with.

Just imagine: Cantrell with Cornell singing... it's enough to make a hard core grunger jizz himself then twitch for awhile.

Ouden
11th August 03, 10:52 PM
Don't have anything in particular last things to play on random have been:

Hey Tonight - CCR
Holding Back the Years - Simply Red(oh yeah, baby)
Time of Dreams - Funker Vogt

Halfrican
12th August 03, 02:23 AM
Outkast

Hell ya my white nigga, Snappin and Trappin is their best song

Kalric
12th August 03, 03:26 AM
I like this one song. I cant remember the titles... it goes something like this ... "Think twice before you touch my girl.... gonna feel the burn"

And some other rocks song i cant remember the names too.

Maybe some of yall will know it.

Jimatra
12th August 03, 05:26 AM

Rosa Parks owns.

Veldriss
12th August 03, 08:12 AM
Daniel Bedingfield
Robbie Williams
Mark Owen
Chicane

Stabu
12th August 03, 10:59 AM
I really like the song Unwell from Matchbox 20, a band I normally don't listen to. Yeah I know, go ahead and make fun of me. :)

I told my wife that I liked it, and she said "oh, that song reminds me of you, when we first met". I was thinking....Wtf, you thought I was insane??

Aeg, I was thinking of getting satellite radio, myself, but have been putting it off. It sounds like your pretty happy with it. If I have to listen to another Clear Channel radio station I think I will choke myself.

Stabs

downinit
12th August 03, 12:10 PM
What's satellite radio?

Hurricane Aegien
12th August 03, 01:04 PM
http://www.sirius.com

60 channels of music and 40 news/talk/entertainment streams. I can't recoomend it enough, I got a reciever for myself, my mom, and my girlfriend and we all love it.

Nikalos_2
12th August 03, 02:20 PM

oh yea, it makes me hipper and hopper than all over you squarez! I WAS IN THE CLUB< MAN I GIOT SO MESSED UP! LOLOLOLO! SCURED? WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT WORD?>! LOLOLO< LUDACRIS IS A RpaPER!

Halfrican
12th August 03, 03:10 PM
I WAS IN THE CLUB< MAN I GIOT SO MESSED UP! LOLOLOLO! SCURED? WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT WORD?>! LOLOLO< LUDACRIS IS A RpaPER!

One motha fuckin verse and already it's a classic...

Hurricane Aegien
12th August 03, 03:34 PM

That track is the bomb ;).

joen00b
12th August 03, 04:35 PM
L7 - Bricks Are Heavy

Hurricane Aegien
12th August 03, 05:04 PM
Wow, I haven't thought about L7 in years.

joen00b
12th August 03, 05:27 PM
I was jamming out and got a hankering to listen to Wargasm, so I popped the disc in, it's been ages since I heard it.

Voompa
12th August 03, 07:46 PM
I saw L7 open up for....uhhhhh....I think it was Social Distortion. It might have been the Ramones. Maybe it was both because I was already bored of Social Distortion by then, so I wouldn't have paid to see them. It was at Mesa Ampitheatre. I remember that much! Dammit, who the hell was it? It's going to drive me crazy now. Thanks Joe!

np: Dinosaur Jr. - Whatever's Cool

Hurricane Aegien
12th August 03, 07:58 PM
Hah, I saw them once or twice too. I know that I saw them with Babes of Toyland - was that a lollapalooza? And I saw them at La Luna eon's ago.

Sveva
12th August 03, 08:00 PM
I just got Sirius satellite radio, so I've been listening to that non-stop, it's the shit! Anyhow, here's some highlights.

The Church

Longware

Genna Hayes

Coldplay

Sugar Cult

Sugar Cult, Genna Hayes, Longware...any good??? What kind of sound? I hate downloading stuff and deleting it, my HD is so full of other stuff =/

Sveva
12th August 03, 08:03 PM
I really like the song Unwell from Matchbox 20, a band I normally don't listen to. Yeah I know, go ahead and make fun of me.

I don't normally listen to them either, however Push, and Unwell I really like by them, but thats about it.

Hurricane Aegien
13th August 03, 12:07 AM
Sugar Cult, Genna Hayes, Longware...any good??? What kind of sound? I hate downloading stuff and deleting it, my HD is so full of other stuff =/

Sugar Cult - Rock-ish

Genna Hayes, Longware - Mellower 'indie'

I really dig all of these, and I think you would too. Get one song from each and see what you like.

Energiser
13th August 03, 12:33 AM
Matchbox 20 make me wish i could direct comets passing near earth towards where ever they live.

Shorrtee McHeals
13th August 03, 12:36 AM
I might consider getting Sirius if the price ever comes down. Right now I'm just not in my car enough hours to justify spending that much money on it.

Energiser
13th August 03, 07:56 AM
can i kick it - a tribe called quest

five minutes of funk - Whodini vs DJ Icey

haunted house of rock - Whodini vs Westbam

i go to work - kool moe dee vs bad boy bill

Sveva
13th August 03, 09:16 AM
Sugar Cult - Rock-ish

Genna Hayes, Longware - Mellower 'indie'

I really dig all of these, and I think you would too. Get one song from each and see what you like.

Got any ideas on which songs? Gimme a couple good ones! I will go download right now! ;)

Ouden
13th August 03, 09:35 AM
last 3 playing:

Kashmir by Zeppelin
In My Place by Coldplay
So Wrong by Stabbing Westward

Ouden
13th August 03, 11:01 AM
Also, Inhale by Stone Sour is a badass song

Veldriss
13th August 03, 01:10 PM
Got any ideas on which songs? Gimme a couple good ones! I will go download right now! ;)

For Sugarcult, go with Pretty Girl (The Way). Good song! :)

Soulmirror
13th August 03, 01:23 PM
The Sky is crying - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Not a track but, The guitar duel at the end of the movie crossroads, found the mp3 the other day. - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Yes, the movie was not the best).

Europa (Earth's Cry, Heaven's smile) - Santana

Soulmirror

Voompa
13th August 03, 07:35 PM
Last three I listened to:

Kongo Shock - Ska vs. Spy
Tuatara - The Melting Sun
Aqua - Barbie Girl (original Dutch version - hilarious!)

Nikalos_2
14th August 03, 04:47 PM

ROFL!!1111!1!

joen00b
14th August 03, 04:52 PM
The Sky is crying - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Not a track but, The guitar duel at the end of the movie crossroads, found the mp3 the other day. - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Yes, the movie was not the best).

Soulmirror

Ok a few things about this whole post:

1. The Guitar Duel is NOT The Sky Is Crying

2. It is NOT Stevie Ray Vaughan, I don't care what the file says, it is Ry Cooder and Steve Vai. If you really listen to the music of SRV and Ry Cooder, you could easily tll them apart.

3. That movie kicked ass, even if it did have Ralph Macchio. Best recognize, foo! Did you even understand the importance of what Lightning Boy was after or did you watch it cause it seemed like a cool thing to watch when you were taking guitar lessons from your Gramma?