PDA

View Full Version : More Tv Shows Converted to Movies

Ouden
31st July 03, 03:40 PM
A big screen version of the TV show, Dukes of Hazzard, is in the works with Ashton Kutcher and Paul Walker both interested in the lead roles.

Anthony Anderson has already signed on and will play Boss Hog.

There is also talk of Britney Spears playing the role of Daisy Duke.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter

Straylight
31st July 03, 03:50 PM
There just might be a god after all.

Halfrican
31st July 03, 03:58 PM
There just might be a god after all.

If there was, the fags would be pelted with fire and brimstone

Shorrtee McHeals
31st July 03, 04:01 PM
I'm pumped for the new Starsky & Hutch! ;)

Nikalos_2
31st July 03, 04:20 PM
Your sig is fucking gay! yea!

Flare
31st July 03, 04:54 PM
Still waiting for the Six Million Dollar man movie :(

Kalric
31st July 03, 06:11 PM
Everyone Loves Raymond the Movie.

Kela
31st July 03, 06:43 PM
Im too young for that show...and so is my generation..but we're all gonna go see it for the main characters. Smart casting.

Kiko
31st July 03, 06:46 PM
Ever heard of re-runs?

Ouden
31st July 03, 06:55 PM
I was a Dukes of Hazzard freak as a kid, stfu.

Shorrtee McHeals
31st July 03, 06:56 PM
I always thought it was so cool how they never used their doors.... :(

Did they even have any doors?

Kela
31st July 03, 06:59 PM
Ever heard of re-runs?
Never seen them on TV. I watch Fresh Prince...and SBTB reruns. Course thats cause thats mostly all thats on at 4 in the morning.

Wasnt allowed to watch TV as a child. Parents forced me to read books and stuff. *Gasp*

Kiko
31st July 03, 07:07 PM
Guess I was lucky.. I remember watching stuff like Laugh-In with Dad.

Force? Dunno about that too. I loved books and you can't take 'em out of my kids hands.

Dukes? Goofy good time idgit TV. I always thought it was a clowned up version of Smokey and the Bandit.

Sveva
31st July 03, 07:08 PM
I was allowed to watch TV, just not all TV...They called the cable company and had them block out any station with music videos, and any station that had a soap opera on it =/

I always liked the way they didn't use doors either. I had match box cars as a kid and I had a car that looked a lot like the car they had in that show, (a charger?) anyway I used to play in this sand pit in our front yard with these cars...the cars would run over the barbies!

LOL we had a very big yard on the side of a mountain, I had a place in the forest where I set up all the my little ponies and thier stable/castle....I was a strange child =/ wait I still am strange, my "My Little Pony" collection is worth probably close to at least 2k by now if I sold it on Ebay :) lol

I'd just like to know when they are coming out with a "227" or "Golden Girls" movie...heh.

Kiko
31st July 03, 07:12 PM
I don't think the doors opened.. they'd just jump in and kinda wriggle into the ol' Gen'ral Lee like two catfish into the swimmin' hole!

Shorrtee McHeals
31st July 03, 07:28 PM
Golden Girls was some funny shit. The St. Olaf stories never cease to amuse.

And Sophia, "Picture it, Sicily, 1925...."

Cybsled
31st July 03, 09:16 PM
It's only a matter of time before Perfect Strangers gets made into a flick.

Rizzenn
31st July 03, 09:33 PM
I had match box cars as a kid and I had a car that looked a lot like the car they had in that show, (a charger?) anyway I used to play in this sand pit in our front yard with these cars...the cars would run over the barbies!

That officially makes you coolest....chick.....ever

Yiktin Voxbane
31st July 03, 09:39 PM
Laugh-in was the bestest...

I actually preferred the DoH Spin-off...Enos.."Buckle-Up", tho to see the General Lee hootin around again will be kinda neat ;)

Voompa
31st July 03, 09:56 PM
Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show when I was a kid. I had the lunchbox and everything.

Halfrican
31st July 03, 10:26 PM
Am I the only kid that liked quantum leap!

Oh and the twilight zone owned, even though the outer limits is better

Nikalos_2
31st July 03, 11:08 PM
It's only a matter of time before Perfect Strangers gets made into a flick.

Gotta catch the Double Feature of My Big Fat Urkle Wedding and Full House : Dueces Wild

NarcisPrince
31st July 03, 11:24 PM
Wow, Dukes of Hazzard, I wonder what the plot will be?! Two fags in tight jeans running away from a redneck fat fuck again? How original, nice to know millions in production costs will be wasted. Far be it from Hollywood to actually make something more worthwhile. It's sad that no one gets an itch to make another Big Trouble In Little China but some dumb fuck producer pours money into making a DoH remake. Can't wait to see all the l33t CGI effects. Ashton Cuntcher can liquid transform into an actor with actual ability that will be remembered in 10 years after Hollywood has milked him for his looks and Ms. Spears does an autobot transformation into more than just crooked tits, saggy eyes, and a corn fed hick ass. MTV brats should be gunned down along with 70's sit-com writers. :beatup:

Shorrtee McHeals
31st July 03, 11:30 PM
Ouch, why teh h8 Narcis? ;)

Quantum Leap pwned hardcore Plex! Ziggy says so!

NarcisPrince
31st July 03, 11:35 PM
Ouch, why teh h8 Narcis? ;)

Quantum Leap pwned hardcore Plex! Ziggy says so!

It's just sad Shorrtee, lots of cool ideas for movies out there and some guy decides "hmm what do I do with this 100million? I know, DoH remake muahahaah". If it was some sort of awesome show then it would be cool, but it's quite possibly the dumbest show ever made and the movie will be dumb as well. Saddest part will be , it will end up grossing a good amount of money because the dumbass MTV generation will get all wet and bothered with Ashton Kutcher and Brittney Spears being in it possibly, beyond that it will blow.

NarcisPrince
31st July 03, 11:37 PM
Quantum Leap did own! :)

Cybsled
31st July 03, 11:37 PM
I dunno, the original old school Twilight Zone episodes are classic. The old Outer Limits was ok...I really liked the new ones they had on Showtime awhile back though. Was sad when Sci-fi took it over and censored all the nudity ;(

Ouden
31st July 03, 11:42 PM
DoH ruled. No reason for a movie though. Hollywood is just out of ideas for the most part, that's why it's all tv shows, remakes, prequels, sequels etc.

Yiktin Voxbane
1st August 03, 01:20 AM
ok....So lets assume by some extreme set of Circumstance , they decide to cast DoH entirely from CTC Folks....Who Plays what?

I'd like to see Ouden @ Daisy Duke;)

Hurricane Aegien
1st August 03, 02:01 AM
Phrack as Uncle Jesse
Sveva as Daisy Duke
Derreck as Luke
Myself as Bo
Ouden as Boss Hog
Sithray as Rosco
Phleg as Cooter
Joenoob - Narration

Kela
1st August 03, 02:07 AM
I was allowed to watch TV, just not all TV...They called the cable company and had them block out any station with music videos, and any station that had a soap opera on it =/

I always liked the way they didn't use doors either. I had match box cars as a kid and I had a car that looked a lot like the car they had in that show, (a charger?) anyway I used to play in this sand pit in our front yard with these cars...the cars would run over the barbies!

LOL we had a very big yard on the side of a mountain, I had a place in the forest where I set up all the my little ponies and thier stable/castle....I was a strange child =/ wait I still am strange, my "My Little Pony" collection is worth probably close to at least 2k by now if I sold it on Ebay :) lol

I'd just like to know when they are coming out with a "227" or "Golden Girls" movie...heh.

Your childhood sounds frighteningly a lot like mine. My brother and I used to tie a barbie down to the middle of the track..and race our cars down and try to have a big pileup. Whoever had the most cars stay on the track by the time we raced like 40 down it...won.

And my my little pony and barbie collection woulda been worth a lot...too bad I insisted on takin them out of the box and fuckin with them =P

Veldriss
1st August 03, 02:17 AM
damn..quantum leap was the shit.

Halfrican
1st August 03, 02:25 AM
I never did see the last episodes of Quantum Leap, did he ever get home? hehe

Sveva
1st August 03, 02:46 AM
I believe I have about 9 freakin' boxes of "MLP" stuff....I had some newer ones that I had imported from England a few years ago =/ It was an obsession for a while...

...anyway when my daughter was about ooohh....5 or so she snuck into the collection, and opened all the ones that were in factory sealed packages and had a feild day, that was one bad day =/ so the newer ones I have won't be worth much in the long run *sigh* oh well.

I have sinced stopped buying them, the collection just got out of hand.

Yes I was (er AM) a 27 yr old chick with a two thousand dollar toy collection, yes thats me...I shall NEVER GROW UP EVER!!!!!!

anyway...its late and I am rambling again...

anyone remember the Bugaloos?

Halfrican
1st August 03, 02:48 AM
I have the original Optimus Prime toy! yay me....oh even though it's out of the box and has several burn marks

Sveva
1st August 03, 02:51 AM
I still have care bears, barbies...a Jem (sp?) doll...I hated her but it was a b-day present, god she was annoying =/ ...and she was bigger then the barbies, so they hated her too =/

I have a small collection of smurfs too, those little hard plastic figures. Instead of destroying my toys, we used my sisters, she didn't mind :) lol

Halfrican
1st August 03, 02:53 AM
I had no idea girls destroyed toys! My greatest childhood memory was the trail of rubber cement that slimer left leading to all the ghostbusters, their cars, and throughout their big ass ghostbuster station that me and my friend ignited =P Poor optimus prime has battle wounds from taping firecrackers to his chest

Sveva
1st August 03, 03:00 AM
I had no idea girls destroyed toys!

hell yes. My dad has a basement...and we would buy those little green army men in the big package, and he had a BB gun :) ...sooo we would line em up on the basement stairs and shoot away! weeeee!! I was like 10 :) it was great. We tryed to blow them up too!

We lived in the mountains for like three years when I was kid, bout 2nd-3rd grade or so, and we had a ton of land, I claimed the right side of the yard, my younger sister claimed the other side. (there was woods on both sides) I had this awesome fort! I would play out there for hours...there was a creek too, and in spring time the salmon would go up stream.

Across the dirt road was a huge slope that went all the way down to the lake, each person who lived on this lake had thier own beach part of it...we had a lot of fun down there...and in the winter we would wrap ourselves around trees with our plastic ski's for kids!

...I gotta get to bed. shit its late.

Halfrican
1st August 03, 03:03 AM
Sounds fun, I've always lived in the city =(

Zaxum
1st August 03, 07:26 AM
I believe I have about 9 freakin' boxes of "MLP" stuff....I had some newer ones that I had imported from England a few years ago =/ It was an obsession for a while...

...anyway when my daughter was about ooohh....5 or so she snuck into the collection, and opened all the ones that were in factory sealed packages and had a feild day, that was one bad day =/ so the newer ones I have won't be worth much in the long run *sigh* oh well.

I have sinced stopped buying them, the collection just got out of hand.

Yes I was (er AM) a 27 yr old chick with a two thousand dollar toy collection, yes thats me...I shall NEVER GROW UP EVER!!!!!!

anyway...its late and I am rambling again...

My ex had an unhealthy obsession with those things too. Well, I really didn't think so, it was a hobby for her, and she liked it alot. Who am I to hold it against her, but yanno, it makes it awfully hard to sleep in her room when she's got like 3000 multi-colored pastel and neon custom MLP's floating above your head. Sounds like something out of a cheap ass horror movie where they'll come to life, start making nooses out of tennis shoe laces, and guillotines with rocks and kitchen knives.

What was that movie called? Puppet Master? Ah..

Anyway... just reliving my past life. Have fun with ya ponies, sell em on Ebay. My ex did made a nice moderate sum for her efforts ;p

Zaxum
1st August 03, 07:34 AM
And as far as them making movies out of TV shows, if they ever ruin the moronic yet undoubtedly enjoyable history of Knight Rider, Airwolf, or A-Team, I will cry :(

Straylight
1st August 03, 08:09 AM
I must totally disagree with Narcis on his views of the Dukes.

Also, the reason why they never used their doors is because the doors wouldn't open. The doors on the General Lee were welded shut. (It's a stock car thing from back in the day.) Remember that they'd race the General in various races and stuff and all they'd have to do is add window nets to make it legal to race. They already had their helmets. (The General also had roll bars welded into the passenger compartment as well.)

(On a side note, I have a 'General Lee Dixie Horn' wired into my 1997 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Good times had by all.)

Ouden
1st August 03, 10:23 AM
Throwing GI Joes against a wall to break them and then mad scientist'ing them back together with different body parts > all

Vaziel
1st August 03, 10:30 AM
Yeah, it's old. I know.

WE ARE NOT THE LOST GENERATION

If you were born between 1967 and 1977 (give or take a year or two), you will certainly enjoy this as such as I did. Don’t skip a line, read this when you have time to take it all in. I am a child of the 70’s and 80’s. That is what I prefer to be called. The 90’s can do without me. Grunge isn’t here to stay, fashion is fickle and “Generation X” is a myth created by some over-40 writer trying to figure out why people wear flannel in the summer.

When I got home from school, I played Atari 2600. I spent hoursplaying Pitfall or Combat or Breakout or Dodge’em Cars or Frogger. I never did beat Asteroids. Then I watched “Scooby Doo.” Daphne was a Goddess, and I thought Shaggy was smoking something synthetic in the back of the mystery machine. I HATED SCRAPPY. I would sleep over at friends’ houses on the weekends. We played army with G.I. Joe figures, and I set up galactic wars between Autobots and Decepticons. We never beat Rubik’s cube, unless you count taking off the stickers. I got up on Saturday mornings at 6 a.m. to watch bad Hanna-Barbera cartoons like “Caotain Caveman.” and “SpaceGhost.” In between I would watch “School House Rock.” (“Conjunction junction, what’s your function?!”) On Friday Night Daisy Duke was my future wife. I was going to own the General Lee and shoot dynamite arrows out the back. Why did they weld the doors shut? Did your dad turn from mild-mannered Bill Bixby into “The Incredible Hulk” when he got upset?

At the movies the Nerds got revenge on the AlphaBetas by teaming up with the Omega Mu’s. I watched Indiana Jones save the Ark of the Covenant, and wondered what Yoda meant when he said, “No, there is another.”

Ronald Reagan was cool.

My family took summer vacations to South Florida and collected “Muppet Movie” glasses along the way. (We had the whole set.) At the hotel we found creative uses for Connect Four pieces like throwing them in that big air conditioning unit.

I listened to John Cougar Mellencamp sing about Little Pink Houses for Jack and Diane. I was bewildered by Boy George and the colors of his dreams, red, gold and green. I was a “Wild Boy,” Duran Duran. MTV played MUSIC videos. Nickelodeon played “You can’t Do That On Television” and “Dangermouse”. Does anyone remember the “Banana Splits?” I drank Dr. Pepper. “I’m a Pepper, you’re a Pepper, wouldn’t you like to be a Pepper too?” Shasta was for losers. TAB was a laboratory accident. Capri Sun was a social statement. Orange Juice wasn’t just for breakfast anymore. My mom put a thousand Little Debbie Snack Cakes in my Charlie Brown Iunchbox and filled my Snoopy Thermos with Grape KooI-Aid. I got two thousand cheese and cracker snack packs. I went to school and had recess. I went to the same classes everyday. Some weird guy from the 8th grade always won the science fair with the working hydro-electric plant that leaked on my project about music and plants. Field day was bigger than Christmas, but it always seemed to rain just enough to make everybody miserable. Rubber band fights were cool. A substitute teacher was a marked woman. Nobody deserved that. I went to Cub Scouts. I got my arrow-of-light, but never managed to win the Pinewood Derby. I got almost every skill award but don’t remember ever doing anything. The world stopped when the Challenger exploded. Half of your friend’s parents got divorced. People did not just say “no” to drugs. AIDS started, but you knew more people who had a grandparent die from cancer. Somebody in your school died before they graduated. We are the ones who played with Lego Building Blocks when they were just building blocks and gave Malibu Barbie crewcuts with safety scissors that never really cut. Big wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go, and sidewalk chalk was all you needed to build a city. Imagination was the key. It made the Ewok Treehouse big enough for you to be Luke. And the kitchen table and that old sheet, dark enough to be a tent in the forest. Your world was the backyard and it was all you needed. With your pink portable tape player, Debbie Gibson sang back up to you and everyone wanted a skirt like the Material Girl and a glove like Michael Jackson’s. Today, we are the ones who sing along with Bruce Springsteen and The Bangles perfectly and have no idea why. We recite lines with Ghostbusters and still look to the Goonies for a great adventure. We flip through T.V. stations and stop at the A-Team and Knight Rider and Fame, and laugh with The Cosby Show and Family Ties and Punky Brewster and “What you talkin’ bout Willis?” We hold strong affections for The Muppets and why did they take the Smurfs off of the air? After school specials were about cigarettes and step-families. The Polka Dot Door was nothing like Barney, and aren’t the Power Rangers just Voltron reincarnated? We are the ones who read Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Bobbsey Twins, Beverly Cleary, and Judy Blume. Friendship bracelets were ties you couldn’t break and friendship pins went on shoes - preferably hightop velcro Reebok. And pegged jeans were in, as were unit belts and layered socks and jean jackets and JAMS and charm necklaces and side pony tails and just tails. Rave was a girl’s best friend; braces with colored rubberbands made you rad.

The backdoor was always open and Mom served only red kool-aid to the neighborhood kids. YOU NEVER drank the New Coke. Entertainment was cheap and lasted for hours. All you needed to be a princess was high heels and an apron; the Sit’n’Spin always made you dizzy but never made you stop; Pogoballs were dangerous weapons and Chinese Jump Ropes never failed to trip someone. In your underoos you were Wonder Woman, Spider Man or Robin and in your treehouse you were king. Star Wars was not only a movie. Did you ever play in a bomb shelter? We didn’t start the fire Billy Joel. We had neighborhoods where in the day we could play kick-the-can, “guns” and all of the things that made us Grow up. There was always that one “field” that could be used for either baseball, football, homerun derby, or just a place to hang out. That was my field of dreams Mr. Costner. At night we would play flashlight tag. Just like we could trick-or-treat at night without the fear of being shot and killed. Just like our guns had caps or “lasers”. If we didn’t have the Jessie James guns we could just get a rock and smash the caps on the ground! We loved those orange race tracks... that was until our mother realized she could smack us with them. We too collected football and baseball cards but it was because we wanted to be the first in the neighborhood to have the “complete” set. In our neighborhoods we played with He-man and Skeletor. Going to get a Happy Meal on Saturday with dad or mom was worth waiting the other six days of the week.

No, we are the furthest thing from a lost generation. Does-going to arcades on Saturday, getting carpooled to football with your best friend, eating fruit roll-ups, having birthday parties at McDonalds or Godfather’s pizza express you are lost2 How many people melted their army figures that were given to them by their parents? Was Green Latern the Coolest Super Hero or Aquaman? “Wonder Twin powers activate!” How’s about coming home at night and separating your Halloween candy into: The cool stuff, the homemade stuff, and the pennies... How’s about the candy that came in that awful orange and black wax paper? Did you ever try it? Do you remember the one house that had a sign in the candy bowl that said, “Take One.” How many did you take if you liked it? Were you desperate one year and as a teenager you trick-or-treated? Our generation had character and heart. We played with real baseballs and “Putt putt for the fun-of-it.” “Hey, my mom will take us if your mom picks up!” Could you ever really beat Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...? Did you have sliced oranges or grapes for your half-time treat? How about the hot dog and coke after each football and baseball games? Star Crunches? Wrtippy Dip? Twin kies? Ho-ho’s?

This is what WE are all about! When you put all this stuff together, you have my childhood. If this stuff sounds familiar, then I bet you are one, too. We are the children of the “80’s”. That is what I prefer they call us. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation. In fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.

So if you are reading this and it ALL hit’s home then you do indeed have a heritage or a generation. This is what makes us the most unique generation of all. Please pass this on to all who can relate!

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
1st August 03, 10:40 AM
I always thought it was so cool how they never used their doors.... :(

Did they even have any doors?

If I remember right, the General Lee's doors were weilded shut and also I believe they had a roll cage in there, which is what necessitated the need to climb in thru the windows.

Kwill
1st August 03, 11:17 AM
That was fun, Vaziel.

My favorite top ten memories from the late seventies (yes, I am a little older, I grew up in the 70's):

1. TUBE TOPS!

2. My cool gym teacher in high school, who drove a corvette and told us stories in driver's ed about teenagers caught in cars in ditches on prom night burning to death because they couldn't get out, made us learn the Hustle in gym class.

3. Those really ugly painter's pants. They had all the loops on them for hammers and stuff, and they were usually white (then they came in bright orange and other colors). We also wore really colorful shirts made of thin polyester, matched with tight polyester bell bottom pants. And little string ties or bows at the collar. UGH.

4. My dad bought me pong, which was the first video game. It had a little blip that you batted back and forth across the TV screen, like a tennis game. This was impressive.

5. My very first date in my life, where we went to see the movie King Kong, which has a nude swimming scene. I WAS SO EMBRARRASED!! I am still friends with the guy I went out with to this day, but his wife left him to become a lesbian after 15 years of marraige and he is sort of bitter now. He's still a hottie however, definitely wasn't his fault.

6. Having two holes pierced in my ears. Sounds tame now, but that was pretty damn wild back then. I was the only white girl in my school with two sets of earrings.

7. Watching Starsky and Hutch, Baretta (who knew he would turn out to be such a creep?!), Room 222, Dark Shadows, Telly Savalas (who loves ya baby?), Dukes of Hazzard, Scooby Do, Barnaby and Son, Welcome Back Kotter, One Day at a Time (ooh, she married Eddie Van Halen!), The Jeffersons, Saturday Night Live when it was cool, Mary Tyler Moore (I swore I would never end up as Mary Tyler Moore, old and single ha! but I did own the exact same car as hers on the show, a white 1970 mustang.)

8. Smoking cigarettes was still cool. Everyone smoked dope -- there were head shops everywhere. Well, okay, I was a hippie chick sortof, so everyone I knew smoked dope. You could not eat brownies at a party unless you wanted to eat dope, too. Actually I didn't enjoy it and stopped as soon as I figured out that it was stupid to do something I didn't like doing. Sadly, I did not hate smoking cigarettes and had to make myself quit doing that much later. Smoke free for 10 years now!!

9. Listening to AM radio. And then AOR on FM radio, where they would play whole sides of albums at a time. Like Led Zepplin and Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, etc. And they were records, not CDs.

10. Watching MTV for the first time in the early 80s -- I was visting my dad, and they got it there when we didn't. I watched it for like 5 hours straight. It was so cool! Video Killed the Radio Star...

Saoshen Sih`ja`Tgzu
1st August 03, 11:30 AM
9. Listening to AM radio. And then AOR on FM radio, where they would play whole sides of albums at a time. Like Led Zepplin and Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, etc. And they were records, not CDs.

10. Watching MTV for the first time in the early 80s -- I was visting my dad, and they got it there when we didn't. I watched it for like 5 hours straight. It was so cool! Video Killed the Radio Star...

I remember those days, when a record was a record... not a cd..

Single's came on 45s, and albums on 33's (not old enuff to remember the 78's tho)...

I remember when MTV came out and there were like no commercials, then they added commercials with NO SOUND, then one day.. they started playing sound and that was beginning of the end (if not before then)..

Kwill
1st August 03, 11:34 AM
Remember the VJs? Martha whats her name, and the guys, they had like the best job in the world lol.

Kalric
1st August 03, 11:38 AM
/\
|
|
|
|
|
|

She is back!

Kwill
1st August 03, 11:39 AM
I have a serious addiction this board, and am seeking professional help. In the meantime, here I am. ;)

Boney
1st August 03, 11:43 AM
kwill still hasnt sent me that tube top pic :*(

Ouden
1st August 03, 11:44 AM
stfu, I asked before everyone

Kwill
1st August 03, 11:47 AM
If I sent it, Ouden would probably transform it into me eating my own boob or something :{

Boney
1st August 03, 11:49 AM
you can just PM me its cool

Kalric
1st August 03, 11:57 AM
Hahaha. Thats cool. Ill pound shroo, for you. He is a bad boy,

Howdy Partn'er, welcome back to dis here boards.

Kalric
1st August 03, 11:59 AM
If I sent it, Ouden would probably transform it into me eating my own boob or something :{

That excites her too much. Heheh. She says it tickles her toes just thinking about it.

Kwill
1st August 03, 12:16 PM
Putting this thread back on track, I read on Greg's previews somewhere that they are making a Xena Warrior Princess movie sometime in 2007 or something.

Zaxum
2nd August 03, 12:36 AM
That was a good read, Vaz. I related to just about everything in there save having my own tree house and Wonder Woman jamroos ;P

Really makes me wish I were a kid again, I loved growing up in the 80's. And god dammit I miss Family Ties. Alex Keaton = Hero.

Sveva
2nd August 03, 01:57 AM
Welcome Back Kotter

welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack...

WBK OWNED.

...who knew Travolta was or would become a scieno?? pfft. Clearwater, FL, biggest scieno scene ever, and I spent 15 years there...no of course I wasn't one of those jerks who paint balled them from a car window, no not me, no way :)

Veldriss
2nd August 03, 02:50 AM
I HATED SCRAPPY.

Damn, Scrappy irritated me so much. I couldn't put my finger on why, but I always hated him. :/

Zaxum
2nd August 03, 02:53 AM
Cos Scrappy wasn't part of the original gang and he just kinda showed up out of nowhere. He wasn't funny and he was just outright annoying. F that dog. Ship him to Vietnam.

Buhf
2nd August 03, 07:17 PM
And as far as them making movies out of TV shows, if they ever ruin the moronic yet undoubtedly enjoyable history of Knight Rider, Airwolf, or A-Team, I will cry :(

Airwolf haha, that show owned. Some network needs to pick it up and show some reruns!

eFFIX
2nd August 03, 08:21 PM
Hehe...

Memories =(

And when you were little, it was all about the CARDBOARD BOXES! OMG i had so much fun with those things when I was small... Or tree houses... Well not really tree houses... But more like some planks and boards nailed 100feet up in the air onto some flimsy branches... Back when you actually had open land behind your house... Now days it's all developed...

And i never had a bombshelter, but we used to dig huge pit bunkers in what we called the "Way Back" since it wasn't you backyard, it was "way back" behind it lol...

And we didn't do Flashlight tag, wussies =P We did NewsPaper Tag!

Remember those tiny city newspaper that used to get delivered to your door that no one ever read... We'd go around and collect a few of them, put about 100 rubberbands around the thing. And it sucked to be you if you got pelted by a corner of one of them from 3 feet away heh...

Rollerblades were the shit... GERMAN BALLBEARINGS!

Nickelodeon ruled, was my favorite channel... Rememeber those crazy obsticle courses game shows that had, where you had to slide through gello, and crawl though cheese... or get a pie in the face! or that green slime shit they dumped on peoples heads lol...

And how can you forget Pee Wee's Playhouse! Foil Balls > all!

Back when it was worth getting up at 6am to watch morning cartoons...

Or what about HyperColor teeshirts? I never got one =( I had McHammer pants though!

And about the "Please Take one" one time when i was out tricker-treating, my Mom caught some guy dumping the entire bowl into his pillowcase, and yelled at him, and made him put it back. Back when kids actually listened to adults...

And Ice Cream trucks were the shit...

Rolls of caps were cool... So were the Gum Cigarettes, that blew out powder'd sugar smoke when you puffed on it... Can you even imagine someone trying to sell Gum Cigs to kids these days?!?

Or better yet, 4th of July when it wasn't illegal to set off air-born fireworks... And the entire neighborhood would block off a huge section of the stree, put up bleechers, and you'd spend hours with good food during the day, and a bomb ass fire works display at night...

Highjacked rememeber the 80's thread f0sh0!

Nikalos_2
2nd August 03, 09:15 PM
TOYS!? My childhood we use to throw kid's bikes, glass bottles, and full cans of stolen soda off the bridge. Now that was entertainment.

Nikalos_2
2nd August 03, 09:17 PM
Or what about HyperColor teeshirts? I never got one =( I had McHammer pants though!

YOU WOULD PRESS YOUR HAND ON A GREEN SHIRT AND THE PLACE YOUR HAND WAS TURNED PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!. Zoobas kicked ass too!

Ouden
2nd August 03, 09:28 PM
Snap Bracelets > all

Rizzenn
2nd August 03, 10:02 PM
Snap Bracelets > all

Hah...swatch watches too!

Also, captain caveman owned.

eFFIX
2nd August 03, 10:12 PM
Ahah... i remember those snap bracelets now lol...

Boney
2nd August 03, 11:43 PM
when neon anything was the shit, and tye dye shirts were phat. NERF GUNS > *

Ouden
2nd August 03, 11:52 PM
omg, music videos were played on MTV back then, how novel.

Hurricane Aegien
3rd August 03, 04:50 AM
hyper colour > *

Hurricane Aegien
3rd August 03, 04:52 AM
speaking of which, how fucking funny is it that people still own that shit?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2847343626&category=15687

Kela
3rd August 03, 06:14 AM
Mine no longer changes color. It morphed into the pink it was supposed to be and never went back to its original purple. Think I left it out in the sun. I still have it tho.

Doctor Gonzo
3rd August 03, 07:33 AM
I did A LOT of speed in the 80's does that count for anything? To this day the taste of carmex brings back memories of meth lines on a mirror. I would do any drug that I could get my paws on but speed, oh lovely speed … that was it. I found love and I found god in that ugly bit of yellowish powder.

My younger brother had a DoH lunchbox, but I remember watching the show every Friday night with him.

Christ I remember having a Fonzie lunch box WAY the hell back in time.

Speaking of lunch boxes I was sitting in a bar shortly after 9/11 when I noticed a guy next to me with a military hair cut and a 'Kurt Cobain' lunchbox beside him. When I asked what the fuck the thing was for (I figured he was some collector or something) he told me he had been recalled to active duty and carrying the lunch box was his form of silent protest. I told him I'd chew his ass if I saw him with it in Uniform but now all it does is crack me up. Hell I hope he was able to go be a civilian again, but if not I hope he still has his black Kurt Cobain lunchbox.

The 1990's herion craze missed me by about 3 or 4 years, but I know a few people that were still in the drug scene when it hit. Some of them, to the best of my knowledge, never got out of that pit.

I had a dodge aspen with a V6 that would just open up and SCREAM ... cost me my license but something, somewhere got fouled up and when I wrote them from the army requesting a replacement one they sent it no questions asked.

I remember being pissed I wasn't able to go to Gulf War I even though I was in the Army at the time. I find the above statement ENDLESSLY amusing right about now.

Scarface rocked.

LSD was fun but if you did 5 hit (at a time or over the course of your life I was never sure) you were legally insane. Really, some college kid told us ... it's true really man, honest.

Zepplin, Zepplin, Zepplin.

I thought 80's hair bands sucked balls. The Cure, The Smiths, The Cramps, Ramones were all cool. And if the kids we were around at the time were younger then us we could pull out some Sex Pistol or DK and look really fucking cool. Or so we thought at least.

Slurpees then and Slurpees now.

That’s all I can come up with.

Kiko/Kwill I'm going to marry both of you in our next lives ... that's cool right?

Doc

Cybsled
3rd August 03, 08:18 AM
Heh you had newspaper tag, but we used to do something more painful. You ever seen those trees that have those huge green leaves and they make those foot-long "green bean" fruits? Lets just say they were easy to throw very far and hurt like a s.o.b. when you got hit with em ;P

As for other 80s toys that owned...

Muscle things and Battle Beasts = the win.

Remember when laser tag stuff first came out and everyone wanted them? They worked like shit outside. When nerf guns finally came out, so much fun. We'd have huge wars and CTF style games with em in the neighborhood since everykid had one. Course it was another matter to get a kid to admit he's out. "You're dead I shot you" "No...I had armor on. It takes 2 shots" "F you!!!" hehe.

I remember slapon bracelets being big, even with boys. Then they vanished because the urban legend was that some kid slapped one on and it slit his wrist and he died. The girls all wore those gel-shoes.

Remember My Pet Monster? It was during the whole deluxe-doll for girls craze, cept it was aimed at boys. You got a monster with those plastic shackles...and they were designed so your monster could bust free from them. Remember Boglins too? They were like those troll looking thing puppets made from rubber. The deluxe giant ones had eyes you could move. They were huge for awhile...I even remember watching TV once and they had a 1-900 number where you could talk to a boglin.

Heh that was back when EVERYTHING had a 1-900 number. All those shit things where you called up and it was just a prerecorded message, but it was some celebrity that mattered to kids.

Kiko
3rd August 03, 08:40 AM
Doc's Reincarnation Harem?

Oke, I'm in!

Kwill
3rd August 03, 08:53 AM
I think we would have a hell of a party in your harem, Doc. :winkface:

Kiko
3rd August 03, 09:19 AM
I don't own any tube tops, but I do have a few other things... ;)

Ouden
3rd August 03, 09:36 AM
Be careful! Kids are giving out stickers at school with acid on them!

Acronymns rocked the house. M.A.S.K., M.U.S.C.L.E., etc

Ghost Riding bicycles all over the neighborhood

Kwill
3rd August 03, 10:13 AM
Back on track...

The Dukes. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=794&ncid=799&e=3&u=/eo/20030801/en_movies_eo/12251)

Kiko, you are a bad, bad grrl.

Halfrican
3rd August 03, 12:48 PM
Ghost Riding bicycles all over the neighborhood

I got a brand new bike for one of my birthdays and when everyone went outside to watch me ride it, I ghost rode it into my dads car and got grounded for a week!

deadcat
4th August 03, 03:18 AM
hahahaha i used to watch bo and luke duke back in skool

Straylight
4th August 03, 07:49 AM
I did A LOT of speed in the 80's does that count for anything? To this day the taste of carmex brings back memories of meth lines on a mirror. I would do any drug that I could get my paws on but speed, oh lovely speed … that was it. I found love and I found god in that ugly bit of yellowish powder.

LSD was fun but if you did 5 hit (at a time or over the course of your life I was never sure) you were legally insane. Really, some college kid told us ... it's true really man, honest.

Speed....lovely speed....man....sigh....

(Note: You should try taking: 1 regular aspirin, 2 caffeine pills (no doz or whatever), and 2 of those ephedrine pills that you can buy at your local convenience store. The aspirin thins the blood, the caffeine provides the initial kickstart and the ephedrine mixed in will get you all wiggy....and it's legal!)

Actually, the LSD thing was over the course of your life. Traces of LSD remain in the spinal fluid for....forever....and could be used as a very compelling legal defense.... (Hmmm...I have an ex wife....)

Legally, I'm somewhere between Hannibal Lechter and Charles Manson as far as 'measured LSD insanity' probably goes. Taking 5 was a normal trip for me back in the day...and I've been known to eat a 10-strip before.

Haha...be a good long while since I've partaken, though. (I DID watch Fear and Loathing again on Saturday night, though....that might count for a little.)

Yiktin Voxbane
4th August 03, 09:50 AM
heh, used to be good friends with the local chemist.... I was amongst the first in Sth Australia to try STP (didnt know it @ time). However, me fav Part was the [email protected] the Lady used to hang sheets of trips to dry, the bottom 1/4" Would become laden with excess, which accumulated. We had 1 guy, Jock was his name, ate about 1/2" strip about the size of a toenail trimming.... to this day he still aint quite right, he sat in a mates car all night, watching a war happen outside, was odd talking to hinm through a locked door and closed window, while he kept screaming Duck and "Doesn't that hurt?"

Menarion
4th August 03, 11:00 AM
Actually, the LSD thing was over the course of your life. Traces of LSD remain in the spinal fluid for....forever....and could be used as a very compelling legal defense.... (Hmmm...I have an ex wife....)

Legally, I'm somewhere between Hannibal Lechter and Charles Manson as far as 'measured LSD insanity' probably goes. Taking 5 was a normal trip for me back in the day...and I've been known to eat a 10-strip before.

Haha...be a good long while since I've partaken, though. (I DID watch Fear and Loathing again on Saturday night, though....that might count for a little.)

Heh, sounds a lot like my past! Fear and Loathing is a good movie to watch if you want to just get that old feeling back....

NarcisPrince
4th August 03, 02:03 PM
We had 1 guy, Jock was his name

Wicked name, "Hi my name is Jock, I can kick your ass to next tuesday, thank you drive through". Gotta love Auzzies for their bad ass nicknames like "Jock" and "Bon" (RIP). :cool:

Doctor Gonzo
5th August 03, 01:55 AM
I got fished out of a river in Frankfort once, zombie drunk and naked as the day I was born. For some reason, which I sure seemed very, very valid at the time, we all decided to skinny dip/jump off the bridge.

One of our mates, maybe the most sober among us I really don't remember, ran off with our clothes. The cops gave the chicks a blanket the rest of us had to wait for about 30 minutes for him to show back up. We all got some sort of ticket. It was like 20 marks or something.

Drunken, drunken madness all around that night.

Doc