PDA

View Full Version : Omg! Best movie news ever!!!

Cybsled
22nd July 03, 11:08 AM
From DH...

Big Trouble in Little China 2: Wing Kong reports that screenwriter Corey Mitchel spoke with producer Debra Hill and director John Carpenter last week, and indicated John is "totally on board" for a Big Trouble sequel providing that Corey can get it set up. Kurt Russell is rumoured to be similarly interested, and apparently work is underway in getting in touch with Jackie Chan regarding the project. Thanks to 'BurningSun'

NOTHING OR DOUBLE, JACK!!

Also another interesting tidbit. Apparently, Fox is releasing a 2nd reel for the movie 28 days later...you guessed it....28 days after it was released. Apparently, after the credits, there's a 4 minute alternate ending thats a shitload more dark. My guess is that the plane that flies by bombs their little house hehehe.

Shroomed
22nd July 03, 11:11 AM
From DH...

NOTHING OR DOUBLE, JACK!!

Also another interesting tidbit. Apparently, Fox is releasing a 2nd reel for the movie 28 days later...you guessed it....28 days after it was released. Apparently, after the credits, there's a 4 minute alternate ending thats a shitload more dark. My guess is that the plane that flies by bombs their little house hehehe.

OMG YES YES YES YES YES!!!
Cyb you're my hero! Can't wait till I get home again to check out the news.

Straylight
22nd July 03, 11:44 AM
Also, the 'development' work on Ender's Game that has been going on for like....years.....seems to be over and the movie will actually get produced.

W00t.

Hurricane Aegien
22nd July 03, 12:49 PM
Oh that's just too good! :)

Radiation
22nd July 03, 12:52 PM
Hahaha, Big Trouble In Little China sooo owns!

Xioxou
22nd July 03, 12:57 PM
You can all go to hell and die.

And not just any hell, The Hell of Being Cut to Pieces, The Hell of Boiling Oil, The Hell of the Upside Down Sinners, The Hell Where People are Skinned Alive, and The Hell of the Oily Dragon.

Shroomed
22nd July 03, 04:34 PM
You can all go to hell and die.

And not just any hell, The Hell of Being Cut to Pieces, The Hell of Boiling Oil, The Hell of the Upside Down Sinners, The Hell Where People are Skinned Alive, and The Hell of the Oily Dragon.

?????

Kiko
22nd July 03, 04:44 PM
Definitely a guy flick. I have never been SO bored watching a stupid movie with a dumb plot.

Mesmer
22nd July 03, 04:48 PM
Sweet. Big Trouble in Little China, seen it like 30 times, I always knew there should be a sequel, what with the creature guy living at the end and all.

Halfrican
22nd July 03, 05:49 PM
bleh, I thought this post was gonna be about Metal Gear Solid the movie, Kojima is trying to fund a movie based on Shadow Moses, but claims it is hard to get started in the japanese film world? or some bullshit.

Cybsled
22nd July 03, 06:31 PM
Shroomed, Xio was making a reference to the film ;p

Jimatra
22nd July 03, 06:57 PM
Lo Pan > *

Halfrican
22nd July 03, 07:10 PM
Mortal Kombat totally ripped off that electricity guy

joen00b
22nd July 03, 07:35 PM
The Chinese have alot of hells.

Cybsled
22nd July 03, 07:37 PM
If you've played the Warcraft 3 expansion, the panda dude's ultimate is a homage to the 3 evil dudes in Big Trouble. They all have those hats and one of them can cast lightning and cyclone hehe ;p

deadcat
23rd July 03, 12:30 AM
Hahahahaha Yes!

Phrost
27th July 10, 09:06 PM
Also, the 'development' work on Ender's Game that has been going on for like....years.....seems to be over and the movie will actually get produced.

W00t.

Sucks that this didn't pan out. I just finished the book.

WarPhalange
27th July 10, 09:41 PM
Sucks that this didn't pan out. I just finished the book.

Fuck you Phrost. This is the first time I actually came when reading a post on here that was not written by NOB and I come to find out it is fucking 7 years old.

Just... fuck you.

Ajamil
27th July 10, 09:54 PM
Good book - have you read any of the others? Quite different IMO, and the Ender's Shadow series even more so. I wouldn't recommend reading more than the first two of those.

Stick
27th July 10, 11:09 PM
Clever thread ressurection-troll.

Dark Helmet
27th July 10, 11:20 PM
There were supposed to make a motion picture on Rendez-vous with Rama for a long time now. That too seems to have paned-out

Keith
27th July 10, 11:54 PM
There were supposed to make a motion picture on Rendez-vous with Rama for a long time now. That too seems to have paned-out

I don't think it would translate well to the screen. Even as a book it seemed more a vehicle for Clarke to say "look how much I know about real science!" There isn't much of a story.

A year or two ago Robotech was supposedly green-lit with Toby Macguire attached in some capacity. Rumor was that one of the major studios saw how much money Transformers made and wanted in on the giant transforming fighting robots money train. I think it fell apart when someone realized that Robotech had a story that they couldn't discard.