PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Bush

Lucifrinia
3rd March 03, 10:05 AM
This is something that military people really do talk about. I will never forget how Bill Clinton didn't return the salute at first. I have always felt that a salute is not something you have to do, it's a privilage to be able to do it. Just my opinion.

Luci

"Whether you actually like George W. or not this has some interesting
thoughts...

First, an observation. Have you noticed a difference in the salute given by our military men and women as President Bush walks by? Most folks
would not notice anything, but those of us who have served in the military see it right away. Next time watch when President Bush leaves
his helicopter or Air Force One, the honor guards salute and face him as he disembarks, then turn their faces towards him as he passes by. They
continue to salute his back as he walks away. This kind of salute has not been seen in the previous eight years, though it is customary courtesy to the Commander-in-Chief. You see, soldiers aren't required to turn and face the President as they salute. They are not required to salute his back. They are only required to salute. They can remain face-forward the entire time. And that is what they did during the previous administration. Our soldiers were forced to obey his orders, but they were not forced to respect him. From their salutes, we can surmise that they did not. Why is such respect afforded to President Bush? He doesn't even know how to bite his lower lip and not get teary-eyed whenever he speaks!

The following incident from Major General Van Antwerp may give us an insight. Gen. Antwerp is president of the Officers' Christian Fellowship. He lost nearly all his staff when the Pentagon was attacked Sept. 11. His executive officer LTC Brian Birdwell was badly burned and in the hospital when President Bush visited him. Our President spent
time and prayed with Brian. As he was getting ready to leave, he went to the foot of Brian's bed and saluted. He held his salute until Brian was
able to raise his burned and bandaged arm, ever so slowly, in return.

The Commander-in-Chief almost never initiates a salute, except in the case of a Congressional Medal of Honor winner. The injured soldier did
not have to return the salute. But he did, out of respect to his President ...-a Soldiers' President.

Congressman JC Watts (R. Oklahoma) said, "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking," (My favorite quote of all time.) The
nation and world learned some of what our last President did when nobody was looking. That President has been disbarred. The worst disgrace
(other than imprisonment) to a lawyer. CNN will have a difficult time shining his or his wife's tarnished images. In this time of war and
danger, I am so grateful to have a President whom the soldiers salute --
fully.

On Special Report with Brit Hume, at the close of the show when they normally have some funny video clip, they showed President Bush and the
First Lady entering Marine One for a trip to Camp David for the weekend.
As the video starts, the First Lady is leading the way into the helicopter with the spaniel dog on the leash, and the president is right behind her with the Scotty on the leash. As the First Lady entered the chopper, the Marine at the gangway saluted and held his salute. The Scottie that the President was walking decided it wanted to sit down right when he got to the steps. The president pulled on its leash, but the stubborn Scottie persisted in sitting. The president bent down and
scooped up the pooch and entered Marine One. After the President had entered, the Marine at the gangway cut his salute and returned to the
position of attention. Moments later the President reemerged from the helicopter and out onto the steps. The Marine was standing at attention,
head and eyes straight ahead. The President leaned over and tapped him on the on left arm. The startled Marine turned his body and received the
return salute from his President! I was so impressed by this true act of respect for our military people by our President! He really does get it. Most any other person of his stature would have just continued his journey, disregarding the neglected return salute. Not George W. Bush. He is earning the respect of the military community, not expecting it --
as most have and would."

Phrost
3rd March 03, 12:33 PM
That's all well and good, but he was AWOL for almost 2 years when he was actually in the military himself.

Xioxou
3rd March 03, 01:58 PM
I think Luci needs his own post generator. These are getting monotonous.

You failed to provide a link to this weeks oh-so-clever flash animation. Kill your self, and show me you still have some honor.

Bush got confused, Phrack. He spoke loudly and had someone else cary a big stick.

joen00b
3rd March 03, 05:26 PM
This all sounds like Pro-Bush propoganda to make his war machine more desirable towards the common man. As it is, more than 50% of America is against the war on Iraq and less than 50% would vote for him again if they were do have the election right now.

Bush is floundering with his war agenda right now, and the spin doctors are really pushing hard to make it seem like someone likes him. This is the third 'spam email' type post I've seen about the wonders of our President and how much everyone likes him.

Blind Polls seem to be telling a different story though, but who's to say which is right.

I'll go on believing Papa Bush is controlling his son from behind the velvet curtain to get rid of Hussein for personal reasons. It was an interesting read though.

Katina
3rd March 03, 08:51 PM
Totally agree with you there Joen00b. Did you notice how after a few months of chasing after Bin Laden, that suddenly Bush Jr. turned his attention to Iraq... and then said that he was holding Al Qaeda(sp?) and then when france said they wouldn;t help, and they wanted more inspectors. SURPRISE!! France has some Al Qaeda now... yeah.. makes ya wonder.

I'm sure the military respect him, espiecally after what he did with 9-11, but I wouldn't vote for him again, hell I didn't vote for him the last time. Hes like his dad.. war driven.. hasn't paid any attention to the falling economy. He cuts taxes, and then wants more money to go to war. It's bad politics, but hey, I'm just the kid of an airborne ranger, who goes to school and tries to make it in this world. Nothing I can really do about it

Loliena
4th March 03, 02:50 AM
I like Bush, I voted for him! I hope he doesnt send us to war though :( Id hate to get into a WW3, we have so much more to live for. There is so much respect to be given to all of those military men and women though who will risk their lives for our country.
However, i have a feeling the reason he re-emerge from the plane is cuz his wife told him to get his ass out their and return the favor lol.

Xioxou
4th March 03, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by joen00b
less than 50% would vote for him again if they were do have the election right now.

Nothing new, less than 50% voted for him the first time :)

Ouden
4th March 03, 06:03 AM
Polls are bullshit, please don't listen to polls. Unless it's a poll of every single person in the country.

joen00b
4th March 03, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Xioxou
Nothing new, less than 50% voted for him the first time :)

Actually, that is saying of the 49.5% that voted for him the first time, under half of those folks would vote for him, so he's down to about 23% of the voting public right now.

I even italicized 'again' for ya:(

Varner
4th March 03, 09:51 AM
I'd vote for him again. Especially given Al Gore as an alternative.

Phrost
4th March 03, 10:54 AM
Jesse Ventura really needs to run for President.

Lucifrinia
4th March 03, 04:00 PM
I heard Ted Nugent say that he may run for Governor of Michigan.

Luci

Phrost
4th March 03, 04:15 PM
Ted needs to stick to being a shitty guitar player and running around in a loincloth, shooting deer.

Shorrtee McHeals
4th March 03, 05:53 PM
I didnt vote for Bush last time, but if the election were held today, I would vote for Bush....... Mostly because all 28376525 of the Democrats running are shitheads. That, and since the last election I realized I am actually really really conservative.... And to think all this time I had been brainwashed to think I was liberal.. Heh.

Shorrtee McHeals
4th March 03, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ouden
Polls are bullshit, please don't listen to polls. Unless it's a poll of every single person in the country.

Looks like someone skipped out of college statistics class. :(

imported_Solaris Flare
5th March 03, 12:49 AM
The military needs to learn it's place in a Democracy = p

Doctor Gonzo
5th March 03, 01:20 AM
What IS the military's place in a democracy Solaris?

And I'm military, and though its VERY hard to no like him due too what he's done for the military, I didn't vote for him last time and I wont this time.

At least in my opinion Good for the Military doesn't equal good for the country.

Doc

Diggler McFeely
5th March 03, 02:06 AM
Statistics are bullshit too. They only exist as a means to support a stated argument or idea. As such, you can find a "valid" statistic to support just about any argument/idea.

For example, if a person doesn't like somebody because they wear a cowboy hat, and think that anyone that wears a cowboy hat is retarded, all they have to do is "randomly" select a group of people on the street, who are wearing cowboy hats, and ask them some basic elementary-level questions. Grade the answers accordingly, and present them in such a way to support their theory of Cowboy hat-wearing people being retarded.

Shit like that has been done on TV from time to time. For example, a talk show host goes out on the street, to ask random people questions about Americana. Hardly any get them right. Let's say 8 out of 10 (for argument's sake,) gets their question(s) wrong. Based on these results, statistically speaking, 8 out of 10 Americans know shit-all about Americana. Is that a valid statistic?

Same shit, different pile for those chewing gum commercials (4 out of 5 dentists? bah! They never state exactly how many dentists were "polled")

Merauk
5th March 03, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo
At least in my opinion Good for the Military doesn't equal good for the country.

I disagree (http://www.theonion.com/onion3908/bush_offers_taxpayers.html)