PDA

View Full Version : Music of the day 2/3/03



Kela
3rd February 03, 05:49 PM
New rock song I heard last night..one of the few I really like the first time I hear it and just thought I'd share.

Simple Plan - I'd Do Anything

oh and for you DDR fans
Jennifer - If You Were Here. I tortured someone last night as they watched me play that song like 5 times at the arcade ;)

Valde Fandango
3rd February 03, 06:17 PM
Mean to me - Tonic.

kelaisawhore
3rd February 03, 06:37 PM
shut up slut, nobody cares what you think
why don't you try leaving the house once in awhile?

Kela
3rd February 03, 07:39 PM
Havent had enough of getting your ass kicked yet Druss? Remember, you cant ban me here when you start to look dumb.

Diggler McFeely
3rd February 03, 07:48 PM
Motorhead, "Shut Your Mouth"

<blockquote>Song title: Shut Your Mouth
Album: Hammered
Released: 2002

You been around the world,
You think the world is yours,
All right, you been up all night,
So why can't you get it right?
No chance
No dance for you
No teenage romance
Out of the mix, out of the mix,

Chorus
Ain't no way out, your momma was right,
Shut your mouth, shut your mouth.

You weren't home last night,
You don't come home no more,
Gotta be fair, you dont say where
You don't know, nobody cares,
No chance, no dance for you, no teenage romance,
None of your tricks, none of your tricks.

Chorus

Can you tell me the truth, can it get much worse?
Don't tell me no lies, cos I can read your eyes,
You're every thing that we despise,
No chance, no dance for you, no teenage romance
Better be quick
Better be quick

Chorus</blockquote>

Lufy
3rd February 03, 08:11 PM
how about all of you come visit me in FUCKING kuwait and freaking work 16-17 hours a day like a slave and the food sucks too

deadcat
3rd February 03, 08:19 PM
You're in a future and past war zone n00b, get used to it =P

Goldo - To all the lovely ladies

Diggler McFeely
3rd February 03, 08:31 PM
Looks like "somebody" forgot to pack their Snivel Kit.

Hurricane Aegien
3rd February 03, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Lufy
how about all of you come visit me in FUCKING kuwait and freaking work 16-17 hours a day like a slave and the food sucks too

Guess you shouldn't have enlisted then eh?

Lufy
3rd February 03, 10:15 PM
guess you should have not been released from your egg oh wait i know that you should have not been released from your egg.

eFFIX
3rd February 03, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Lufy
guess you should have not been released from your egg oh wait i know that you should have not been released from your egg.

Que?!?

Maybe you took one to many hits to the head during basic training?

Lufy
3rd February 03, 10:29 PM
the only hits i got to my head was from your mom

deadcat
3rd February 03, 11:16 PM
ROFL, what? Still working on your English skills bro?

Lufy
3rd February 03, 11:37 PM
yea man me english skill are bads

deadcat
4th February 03, 12:38 AM
rofl

Sveva
4th February 03, 01:42 AM
Ok, "I'd do anything" by Simple Plan is sorta catchy I like it. neat.

Loliena
4th February 03, 03:16 AM
Nice song Kela, i like too, btw Sveva come party with me before i go to Vegas, I have two days left woman!

Loliena
4th February 03, 03:19 AM
and PS to the "is a whore" guy, too much of a pussy to say it out right and show us who you are? give it a break plz and get over what problems you have with anyone cause we really dont care

Hurricane Aegien
4th February 03, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Loliena
and PS to the "is a whore" guy, too much of a pussy to say it out right and show us who you are? give it a break plz and get over what problems you have with anyone cause we really dont care

I personally don't give a fuck who that person is, it's kinda funny, and at the same time just gives Kela more attention, which can only be bad.

flamboyin
4th February 03, 05:38 AM
I know this song is really old but it's one of the best.

Bone Thugs N Harmony - Crossroads ( U-neek remix)

or.... Baby ft. P. Diddy - Do that (new)

Kela
4th February 03, 06:03 AM
Its only funny to you Aeg because its me. And you think its original...when in fact its simply a rip off of something I pulled on his boards about 10 minutes before.

Derreck
4th February 03, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Aegien
I personally don't give a fuck who that person is, it's kinda funny, and at the same time just gives Kela more attention, which can only be bad.

Jesus, you thought it was "funny?" Your taste has gone to shit, Eggy. Are these boards THAT slow? :(

Alishae
4th February 03, 11:54 AM
Seether -- Driven Under

AudioSlave -- Like A Stone

Evanescence -- Bring Me to Life (best song EVAR btw!)

Evanescence -- Taking Over Me

Hurricane Aegien
4th February 03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Kela
And you think its original...when in fact its simply a rip off of something I pulled on his boards about 10 minutes before.

Original? I don't recall saying anything to that effect. How exactly you arrived at that conclusion is once again, something only you and that delusional mind of yours could understand.

Hurricane Aegien
4th February 03, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Derreck
Jesus, you thought it was "funny?" Your taste has gone to shit, Eggy. Are these boards THAT slow? :(

Yeah It made me chuckle because of the juvenile nature of the name, and the ever so clever signature that accompanied its first post. I'm not sure that's a catastrophe worthy of a comment like "Your taste has gone to shit", you should really watch the way you phrase things Derreck, one's likely to get offended.

Derreck
4th February 03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Aegien
Yeah It made me chuckle because of the juvenile nature of the name, and the ever so clever signature that accompanied its first post. I'm not sure that's a catastrophe worthy of a comment like "Your taste has gone to shit", you should really watch the way you phrase things Derreck, one's likely to get offended.

Sure, if one were a stranger, and not a buddy of mine.

Boney
4th February 03, 04:30 PM
Metallica - Astronomy

cool song

Valde Fandango
4th February 03, 05:39 PM
I like Evanescence, I like how Wake Me Up Inside was on a Daredevil add.

Kat
4th February 03, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by kelaisawhore
shut up slut, nobody cares what you think
why don't you try leaving the house once in awhile?
She did, she went to the arcade if you read her post :tongue:

Kat
4th February 03, 06:44 PM
Polka Power - Weird Al

Zaxum
4th February 03, 06:48 PM
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

Alishae
5th February 03, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Valde Fandango
I like Evanescence, I like how Wake Me Up Inside was on a Daredevil add.

I hella like them and I can't dig on most of that industrial type stuff and it kinda reminds me of that. :lovey:

Derreck
5th February 03, 04:36 AM
From what I gather, the singer babe (no she is not a babe) is known for way more mellow stuff... Maybe this song is just a fluke. Which is a shame, because I'd listen to more of it. The only thing satisfying my badass music/beautiful chick voice cravings lately besides this song is good ol Portishead. Though it's not nearly as hardcore. :\

Hurricane Aegien
5th February 03, 05:00 AM
Lamb? Hooverphonic?! Dubstar!? Duuude, check those out.

Derreck
5th February 03, 05:02 AM
Hmm. Will do. :)

Hurricane Aegien
5th February 03, 05:03 AM
Hooverphonic an Lamb are amazing, Dubstar is wildly hit and miss.

Oh yeah, check out Sky cries Mary as well.

Kela
5th February 03, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Kat
She did, she went to the arcade if you read her post :tongue:

haha

And Aeg...dont bother cause I'm not going to bother explaining. It doesn't concern you OR have anything to do with anything on this board. Don't get too excited til you have a clue.

Kela
5th February 03, 05:29 AM
Wait....is that Bring Me to Life the same song as Wake me up Inside?
Keep postin Ali...I tend to like the stuff you name in general more than most other peoples suggestions

Hurricane Aegien
5th February 03, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Kela


And Aeg...dont bother cause I'm not going to bother explaining. It doesn't concern you OR have anything to do with anything on this board. Don't get too excited til you have a clue.

I don't recall asking, you presumptuous, arrogant twit.

Derreck
5th February 03, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Kela
Wait....is that Bring Me to Life the same song as Wake me up Inside?


Same. I think we can attribute the two titles thing to human stupidity.

Alishae
5th February 03, 01:14 PM
It would more likely be DJ stupidity :p, cuz we know they're not human ;x. When I first heard it on the radio here, the DJ's even called it Wake Me Up Inside then changed to Bring Me to Life.

Tigerstorm Starweaver
5th February 03, 02:31 PM
Simple Plan rocks. "Addicted" and "Perfect" are great too...

If you like SP, listen to Taking Back Sunday. "Cute without the E" and "You're so last summer."

Just getting into this music scene myself.


~TS

Merdyl
5th February 03, 03:40 PM
Rammstein - Feuer Frei
Soil - Breaking Me Down
Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline

Watched xXx for the first time the other night and picked up these songs, like all of'em lotses. :)

Course Evanesence and Breaking Benjamin will always be in there too. Alishae and Derreck are bad for getting me hooked on songs :(

Kela
5th February 03, 03:56 PM
john made you download that last one didn't he =P

Merdyl
5th February 03, 04:08 PM
Breaking Benjamin? Yes

Notorious
5th February 03, 06:00 PM
In no particular order:

Wildbunch - Danger (High Votage)

Thomas Newman - Still Dead, from American Beauty (greatest movie)

MC Breed - Ain't no future in your frontin

...

I might also recommend, aside from a home brew, albeit with a European tilt (and certainly not exclusive):


New Castle Brown Ale

Guiness

Harp

Rizzenn
5th February 03, 07:48 PM
3 Doors Down- When I'm Gone
Evanescence- Bring Me to Life
Default- Deny
Any of Tupac's songs

Kela
5th February 03, 09:06 PM
Do you realize how many times that song has now been mentioned and that we even already had a discussion on its name?

Derreck
5th February 03, 10:00 PM
That was on a different day? I don't know. Why am I making excuses for these morons. And DJ's have feelings too, Ali. :(

Alishae
5th February 03, 11:06 PM
omg they do? :( I'm sorry, well kinda, maybe...

Heard a song tonight on the way home from class by Hot Hot Heat it's called Bandages. It's different can't decide if I like it or not.

Gawdam how'd I forget this one ... Oldie, but goodie... "Here's Your Sign" Rodney Carrington

Rizzenn
5th February 03, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Kela
Do you realize how many times that song has now been mentioned and that we even already had a discussion on its name?

I'll let ya know when I give a shit. Don't wait up.

Kela
5th February 03, 11:22 PM
Holding my breath.

Boldara_cool
5th February 03, 11:26 PM
Why? That's not so good for you.

Ouden
5th February 03, 11:38 PM
Lionel Richie all the way!

Notorious
6th February 03, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Ouden
Lionel Richie all the way!

Was he better with, or without, the Commodores?

joen00b
6th February 03, 08:05 PM
Without.... his bruthas were holding him back creatively.

Hurricane Aegien
6th February 03, 10:43 PM
Amen to that...


Alll niiiight long... alll night.

flamboyin
6th February 03, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Merdyl
Rammstein - Feuer Frei
Soil - Breaking Me Down
Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline

Watched xXx for the first time the other night and picked up these songs, like all of'em lotses. :)

Course Evanesence and Breaking Benjamin will always be in there too. Alishae and Derreck are bad for getting me hooked on songs :(

The one of Rammstein is sooooooo kick ass. I love it, especially the video

You should also listen to Du hast which is really kick ass.

Bone Thugs N Harmony rule all!

Veldriss
6th February 03, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Aegien
Amen to that...


Alll niiiight long... alll night.

Sigh, now I hafta listen to that. :\

imported_Lita
7th February 03, 12:05 AM
most stuff by System of the Down

flamboyin
7th February 03, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Lita
most stuff by System of the Down

I can play Toxicity on the guitar!

I like Thetawaves and Roulette...those songs are kick ass

Diggler McFeely
7th February 03, 12:10 AM
Kill me now. <IMG src=http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/mercy.gif>

Notorious
7th February 03, 09:46 AM
Behold the creative genious of...

"OH what a feelin, dancin on the ceilin'!"

Nohn
8th February 03, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Lufy
how about all of you come visit me in FUCKING kuwait and freaking work 16-17 hours a day like a slave and the food sucks too

i thank you for risking your life to ensure that my gas prices will be as reasonable as possible

Flare
13th February 03, 12:49 PM
Kelaisawhore is not Druss... unless he magically moved to Chicago for the day and bought a cable modem or DSL line.

I could probably dig deeper and find out who it is specifically, but... I won't. Remember ... this isn't the old CTC with a non-technical admin. I CAN find out who you are and post all sorts of interesting personal information.

The last guy that tried to disrupt the board no longer has a cable modem (thanks Earthlink Broadband security!).