PDA

View Full Version : Multiple empires

Calmari Waverider
29th October 02, 08:09 PM
i lost my alt today...a few guys at work saw me playing and wanted to check it out, so i sent out like 5 referals. Got a message that I was found owning multiple accounts and all my others were disabled.

joen00b
29th October 02, 08:21 PM
hahahahahahahaha, perhaps because they are coming from the same domain/proxy to get to their servers?

Kela
29th October 02, 08:22 PM
i have multiple accounts =(

Calmari Waverider
30th October 02, 02:51 PM
I didn't even think about the common proxy thing...i just saw those 25 extra turns and started firing off the referals. It sucks cause i used to use my alt to do research and check if anyone had attacked my main while i was logged...it wasted the bonus turns but it was just an intel/research empire. Oh well.

Tetsou
30th October 02, 07:16 PM
wierd.. I had about 30 referals I gave myself off accounts on goatse.. they banned the doamin for referrals, but I didn't get tossed, so I started using different domains. Probably had 100 total referrals so far.

I guess I should stop that since they apparently have measures to detect it.

Phleg
30th October 02, 10:39 PM
How can you have another empire do research for you?

Nylite Skytear
30th October 02, 10:47 PM
become a research ally, everytime they research u get 10% of what they learned

Energiser
30th October 02, 10:52 PM
... OR you could just have one make craploads of research buildings, have no military, get a lot of land and research heaps.. and have another attack them a lot to harvest tech :)

.. err.. in theory.