Base Prototype (1) Crafted with Tinkering, 174 Trivial
Gnomish Bolts (1) Storebought
Static Orb (1) Storebought
Mana Battery - Class Six (1) Dropped Storebought
Tiny Jaid Inlaid Coffin (1) Storebought

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/graphics19/necroticdiviningdevice.gif

Brendil
27th October 02, 03:01 PM
I don't agree completely bro, in every starting city you can buy Chipped Bone Rods for a hell of a lot cheaper than it would be to get this device. Not to mention, device doesn't do a bit of good when it's sitting on one's corpse ;)

Luko
27th October 02, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Brendil
I don't agree completely bro, in every starting city you can buy Chipped Bone Rods for a hell of a lot cheaper than it would be to get this device. Not to mention, device doesn't do a bit of good when it's sitting on one's corpse ;)

track corpse and locate corpse two different thing.

But yea chip bone rod out did the spell long time ago. Ever found a person asking for help to locate a corpse and tell em about the rod. Then you have to explain the potion shop.

Brendil
30th October 02, 07:47 AM
Oh yeah, duh - locate is a single instance pointing you in the direction, track keeps updating you with the direction. Hmmm, ok, I sit corrected, even I might consider getting this for myself ;) Although, most of us by the time we hit 30 know how to find our corpses, it's just a matter of getting around the mob that's perma-camping it ;)

Kiko
30th October 02, 09:22 AM
Why do you need to track something that doesn't move? Locate works well enough to keep those who can do it (bards as well as deadcasters) useful. Silly gnomes trying to get in on the market with their gadgets!!

Brendil
30th October 02, 12:20 PM
Actually, it is quite useful - consider you're trying to get a corpse while running through a heavily forested zone (like BW) and you are KoS to everything. If the corpse is on the other side of the zone, tracking it gives you continuous feedback, whereas if you use locate, you have to stop, cast, recast invis, hope you weren't caught in the process and keep on running, bumping into trees, getting off course, stop, cast, rinse repeat. :beatup: