PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Dire Charm Information

Luko
17th October 02, 11:14 AM
Ripped from Necros-R-Us, for your viewing pleasure and information. This is one of the better posts and very nicely organized, check it out:
MONS LETALIS

All of the Spire Spirts can be charmed except the Spire Lord. However at level 60, be advised that most of them are green, or light blue. A very important thing to remember is they are all necros, hence they use fear A LOT!

ACRYLIA CAVERNS

Note: The Possessed Priest in the HP cycle room in Acrylia Caverns can't be dire charmed. All others can and the Shadow Knight mobs make great dire charmed pets during that ring event. They cast SK attack debuffs and harmtouch when ever they can. (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

A Grimling Priest, Unverified Class. Located past the gate. A word of warning: if the gate is not open when your pet tries to get through it will warp back to its bind spot and aggro mobs. If it's hasted and buffed that just means free exp, if not that means a train. (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

Possessed Corpse, Unverified Class. Many are too high a level to DC so it could take awhile. Some of them are shadowknights, will buff themselves, ocasionally HT, and I believe cast some spell "You feel a gut wrenching hatred", but I could be thinking of Howling Stones on that one. I have also seen them Tap ocasionally. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

BURNING WOODS

Greater War Boned Skeleton (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

A Mouldering Gorilla (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

CITY OF MIST

Specific Name Unknown, Unverified Class. Light blue ghost-type mob inside the locked temple, with the golems area. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

EVERFROST PEAKS

Lich of Miragul, Necromancer. Why would you ever want to charm the Father of all DeadCasters? Revenge on some NPCs? Farming Ice Giants? Impressing newbies? /shrug (Submitted: Daedrea Darksoul)

GRIEG'S END

A Vereor Tesserarius, Unverfied Class. These spawn enroute to, and near Grieg, and appear to have strong HP and damage output.

An Occisor Acerbus, Unverified Class. Looks like an empty dark grey robe.

A Singultus Proeliator, Unverified Class. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

HOWLING STONES

Note: Avoid at all costs Dire Charming mobs on named mob's at static spawn points. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Sepulcher Skeleton, Shadowknight. Spawns up to 48th level, but you can usually find one that is 46th level even in the east wing.

A Skeletal Watchman, Unverified Class. Allakhazam lists it as spawning from 47th - 49th level, but I was able to Dire Charm one. Another advantage is it appears to prevent this lootless mob from respawning in place of more profitable named mobs in the south wing.

Elementalbone Skeleton, Warrior. Good Choice.

Greater War Boned Skeleton, Warrior. Substantially higher DPS than A Sepulcher Skeleton. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Undead Oblation, Wizard. (Submitted: Sstealara)

KARNOR'S CASTLE

Note: I dire charmed the PH for VKR,(Decayed Kylong Skeleton) as a joke and left the basement and went to hands/BGs. People in basement couldnt figure out why the PH wasnt spawning. A guide came and ask if I would please give the dire pet up for the people who were camping the VP part. Guide said I didnt have to but would be a nice thing to do. I killed the dire and grabbed another pet - BUT - I haven't been able to land DC on that mob ever since that date. The mob is too high to be charmed message comes. Has any one else been able to DC that or has it been made lvl 47 only mob? (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

Decayed Guards, Unknown Class. Located in basement, significantly higher DPS than Decayed Prisoner. (Submitted: Vtyn, Saryn Server)

Decayed Prisoner, Warrior. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Spectral Caller, Shaman. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Skeletal Guardian, Warrior. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Spectral Curate, Cleric. Would also be dire charmable, but lacks in damage output and can even be green at lvl 60. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

LOWER GUK

Note: Not an XP zone for a 60, but good for power-levelling someone. Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Bok Ghoul Knight, Warrior. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Guk Ghoul Knight, Unverified Class. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Dar Ghoul Knight, Unverified Class. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

MAIDEN'S EYE

A Vampire Bat, Warrior. The 46th level Vampyre Bat hits for 125. (Submitted: Evina)

Xi Xaui, Unverified Class. Really hard to find one because they start at 46th level. The 46th level one hits for 123. (Submitted: Evina)

OLD SEBILIS

Skeletal Champion, Warrior. Spawns 46-50 per EQMaps.com. Only the 125 hitter can be DC'd. They spawn hitting 125-141.Can take a while to get one but once ya do nothing but the locked doors can stop you in crypt. (Submitted: Lyyfeleech Soulstealer, Luclin Server)

SCARLET DESERT

A Sun Revenant, Warrior. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

THE DREADLANDS

Greater Plaguebone, Warrior. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

THE GREY

Shissar Revenant, Warrior. They spawn around Ssraeahza Temple, and move and hit very quickly. Advantages are that they appear to have higher hitpoints than skeleton mobs of similar level, and they have a fire based proc naturally.

Shissar Stalker, Unverified Class. They are generally similar to the Shissar Revenants. Advantage is that while they are usually lower level than the Revenants, I haven't found one that isn't DC'able, and they can be found wandering around the zone.

A Tormented Iksar Slave, Warrior. Generally more fragile than the Shissar Revenants and Stalkers, but they are more plentiful.

A Forlorn Slave, Warrior. They appear to be more fragile than A Tormented Iksar Slave.

VERIFIED AS NOT DIRE CHARMABLE

Coterie Vampires (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

Anything in Ssraeahza Temple (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

PREFERRED LOW COST PROCCING WEAPONS TO GIVE TO DIRE CHARMED MOBS

Ykeshan War Club, 1hb, 75pt magic based proc with 0 second stun, around 200pp.

Short Sword of the Ykesha, 1hs, 75pt magic based proc with 0 second stun, around 250pp.

Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood, 1hs, 85pt poison based proc, around 2000pp.

Gnoll Hide Lariat, 1hs, 4.0 second stun proc per EQMaps. (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

Ghoulbane, 1hs, proc: Dismiss Undead, Decrease Hit Points from 140 to 162. (Submitted: Abillister Abu, Povar Server)

Dawnfire, 1hb, proc: Banish Undead, Decrease Hit Points by 585 (Submitted: Abillister Abu, Povar Server)

Staff of Writhing, 1hb, proc: Chaotic Feedback, Decrease Hit Points from 43 to 48 and Stuns target (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

Iksar Berzerker Club, 1hb, proc: Fleeting Fury, Decrease Stamina Loss by 1, Increase Strength by 15, Increase Armor Class by 6, Increase Dexterity by 20 (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

Woe off of Glaron the Wicked in Rathe Mountains. proc: Affliction, Adding 4 Disease counters, DoT for 126 Hit Points in 21 ticks plus 30 hp DD. (Submitted: ChesireMonkey)

Tentecal Terror Whip, drops off TT's in Najena. 1hs that procs a lifetap. (Submitted: ODNS, Cazic-Thule)

Note: I read in a previous post that mobs without double attack/dual wield (shadowknights, et. al.) can be given that ability by giving the mob two different weapons. Keep this in mind and try it out. By all means, post your own findings here.

And there you have it, a nice list for you to add to and learn from. Good hunting!

Old Dirty Necro Steps

Luko
17th October 02, 03:58 PM
Stole this from EQNecro Classes Forum (http://necro.eqclasses.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5787)

Appear they moved this out of the General Forum and moved it into the Guide area.

Hed

This list was created thanks to the help of a great number of necromancers who posted replies to the original thread in General Discussions. Please help us increase the size and accuracy of the list by replying with your personally confirmed information, and I will update the list periodically. Thank you in advance for your past and future contributions! - K.

Sareth, Warlock of Mithaniel Marr

ACRYLIA CAVERNS:

Note: The Possessed Priest in the HP cycle room in Acrylia Caverns can't be dire charmed. All others can and the Shadow Knight mobs make great dire charmed pets during that ring event. They cast SK attack debuffs and harmtouch when ever they can. (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

A Grimling Priest, Unverified Class. Located past the gate. A word of warning: if the gate is not open when your pet tries to get through it will warp back to its bind spot and aggro mobs. If it's hasted and buffed that just means free exp, if not that means a train. (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

Possessed Corpse, Unverified Class. Many are too high a level to DC so it could take awhile. Some of them are shadowknights, will buff themselves, ocasionally HT, and I believe cast some spell "You feel a gut wrenching hatred", but I could be thinking of Howling Stones on that one. I have also seen them Tap ocasionally. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

BURNING WOODS:

Greater War Boned Skeleton (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

A Mouldering Gorilla (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

CITY OF MIST:

Specific Name Unknown, Unverified Class. Light blue ghost-type mob inside the locked temple, with the golems area. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

EVERFROST PEAKS:

Lich of Miragul, Necromancer. Why would ya want to? Revenge on some NPCs? Farming Ice Giants? Impressing newbies? /shrug (Submitted: Daedrea Darksoul)

GRIEG'S END:

A Vereor Tesserarius, Unverfied Class. These spawn enroute to, and near Grieg, and appear to have strong HP and damage output.

An Occisor Acerbus, Unverified Class. Looks like an empty dark grey robe.

A Singultus Proeliator, Unverified Class. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

HOWLING STONES:

Note: Avoid Dire Charming mobs on named mob's static spawn points. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Sepulcher Skeleton, Shadowknight. Spawns up to 48th level, but you can usually find one that is 46th level even in the east wing.

A Skeletal Watchman, Unverified Class. Allakhazam lists it as spawning from 47th - 49th level, but I was able to Dire Charm one. Another advantage is it appears to prevent this lootless mob from respawning in place of more profitable named mobs in the south wing.

Elementalbone Skeleton, Warrior. Good Choice.

Greater War Boned Skeleton, Warrior. Substantially higher DPS than A Sepulcher Skeleton. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Undead Oblation, Wizard. (Submitted: Sstealara)

KARNOR'S CASTLE:

Note: I dire charmed the PH for VKR,(Decayed Kylong Skeleton) as a joke and left the basement and went to hands/BGs. People in basement couldnt figure out why the PH wasnt spawning. A guide came and ask if I would please give the dire pet up for the people who were camping the VP part. Guide said I didnt have to but would be a nice thing to do. I killed the dire and grabbed another pet - BUT - I haven't been able to land DC on that mob ever since that date. The mob is too high to be charmed message comes. Has any one else been able to DC that or has it been made lvl 47 only mob? (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

Decayed Guards, Unknown Class. Located in basement, significantly higher DPS than Decayed Prisoner. (Submitted: Vtyn, Saryn Server)

Decayed Prisoner, Warrior. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Spectral Caller, Shaman. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Skeletal Guardian, Warrior. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

Spectral Curate, Cleric. Would also be dire charmable, but lacks in damage output and can even be green at lvl 60. (Submitted: Lich Vaelnayr, Rallos Zek Server)

LOWER GUK:

Note: Not an XP zone for a 60, but good for power-levelling someone. Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Bok Ghoul Knight, Warrior. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Guk Ghoul Knight, Unverified Class. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

A Dar Ghoul Knight, Unverified Class. (Submitted: Lich Snag Bowskey)

MAIDEN'S EYE:

A Vampire Bat, Warrior. The 46th level Vampyre Bat hits for 125. (Submitted: Evina)

Xi Xaui, Unverified Class. Really hard to find one because they start at 46th level. The 46th level one hits for 123. (Submitted: Evina)

SEBILIS:

Skeletal Champion, Warrior. Spawns 46-50 per EQMaps.com. Only the 125 hitter can be DC'd. They spawn hitting 125-141.Can take a while to get one but once ya do nothing but the locked doors can stop you in crypt. (Submitted: Lyyfeleech Soulstealer, Luclin Server)

SCARLET DESERT:

A Sun Revenant, Warrior. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

THE DREADLANDS:

Greater Plaguebone, Warrior. (Submitted: Suuan, Bertox Server)

THE GREY:

Shissar Revenant, Warrior. They spawn around Ssraeahza Temple, and move and hit very quickly. Advantages are that they appear to have higher hitpoints than skeleton mobs of similar level, and they have a fire based proc naturally.

Shissar Stalker, Unverified Class. They are generally similar to the Shissar Revenants. Advantage is that while they are usually lower level than the Revenants, I haven't found one that isn't DC'able, and they can be found wandering around the zone.

A Tormented Iksar Slave, Warrior. Generally more fragile than the Shissar Revenants and Stalkers, but they are more plentiful.

A Forlorn Slave, Warrior. They appear to be more fragile than A Tormented Iksar Slave.

VERIFIED AS NOT DIRE CHARMABLE:

Coterie Vampires (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

Anything in Ssraeahza Temple (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

------------------

PREFERRED LOW COST PROCCING WEAPONS TO GIVE TO DIRE CHARMED MOBS:

Note: Mobs without dual wield, such as shadowknights, can generally be given dual wield by giving them two *different* weapons.

Ykeshan War Club, 1hb, 75pt magic based proc with 0 second stun, around 200pp on Mithaniel Marr.

Short Sword of the Ykesha, 1hs, 75pt magic based proc with 0 second stun, around 250pp on Mithaniel Marr.

Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood, 1hs, 85pt poison based proc, around 2000pp on Mithaniel Marr.

Gnoll Hide Lariat, 1hs, 4.0 second stun proc per EQMaps.com (Submitted: Drainer, Luclin Server)

Ghoulbane, 1hs, proc: Dismiss Undead, Decrease Hit Points from 140 to 162(Submitted: Abillister "Monkey" Abu, Povar Server)

Dawnfire, 1hb, proc: Banish Undead, Decrease Hit Points by 585 (Submitted: Abillister "Monkey" Abu, Povar Server)

Staff of Writhing, 1hb, proc: Chaotic Feedback, Decrease Hit Points from 43 to 48 and Stuns target (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

Iksar Berzerker Club, 1hb, proc: Fleeting Fury, Decrease Stamina Loss by 1, Increase Strength by 15, Increase Armor Class by 6, Increase Dexterity by 20 (Submitted: Sallymanders, Povar Server)

Woe off of Glaron the Wicked in Rathe Mountains. proc: Affliction, Adding 4 Disease counters, DoT for 126 Hit Points in 21 ticks plus 30 hp DD. (Submitted: ChesireMonkey)