PDA

View Full Version : Patch message 10-17

Luko
17th October 02, 10:17 AM
October 17, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

- Some NPCs were unable to cast Area Effect spells and other innate abilities. This would have caused many of the recently retuned NPCs to be considerably easier than intended.

- Updated the range on the Magician spell Rod of Mystical Transvergence.

- Rods of Transvergence and Modulation Rods can no longer be used by those who do not have enough maximum hit points to survive the mana conversion. Please note: That is MAXIMUM hit points! It is still possible for appropriate level characters to rod themselves to death.

- Barbarian Beastlords will once again return to summoning their own dogs. Not someone else's. If you were summoning a dog that didn't appear familiar, please do not worry. Your own dog has returned. He missed you. Please feed him.

- Altered the stacking for the Shaman spell Voice of the Berserker to match the other spells in its line.

- Aura of White Petals has been updated to have its strength as it was prior to its stacking changes.

- In the original patch yesterday morning, /SHIELD was added as an innate ability that all Warriors now gain at level 35. Warriors may now choose to take a portion of melee damage that is intended for another. Warriors, please type /SHIELD for a full description of this ability. You may find that it assists you greatly in your groups.

Correspondingly, NPCs and Pets over level 30 who are Warriors were granted this ability as well. Certain NPCs and Pets may choose to protect beings that they have an affinity for, if they believe that it will benefit the shielded being. For now, however, there is not yet a way to manually cause or prevent this behavior in pets.

Khieran
17th October 02, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Hedstone
- Barbarian Beastlords will once again return to summoning their own dogs. Not someone else's. If you were summoning a dog that didn't appear familiar, please do not worry. Your own dog has returned. He missed you. Please feed him.

Who's dog were they summoning? :)

Buzman
17th October 02, 10:52 AM
They were like mutant's. One I saw last night was some kind of tiger/wolf/racoon freak of nature. The dire-wolves in GD were all goofy looking too. Black wolves with no eyes, scary stuff.

Dalm
17th October 02, 10:54 AM
They were summoning Jobober

Luko
17th October 02, 10:59 AM
The generally summon white wolf. As of 10-16 patch they summoned black wolf.

There was an outcry to get white wolf back.

Rizzenn
17th October 02, 11:06 AM
That shield skill seems pretty nifty

Luko
17th October 02, 11:24 AM
There was a post over at SK board about how the pet yesterday went into /shield when the owner got below a set number of hit point. It look like most of the pet that are warrior base get this skill.

sad thing is the highest necro pet a SK pet. :p

Brendil
17th October 02, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Hedstone

Yanno, I must sadly admit I laughed at this part of the patch message. Gawd, what has happened to me?

Gaerwing
17th October 02, 12:59 PM
/shield hmmm sounds like /protect from Daoc. I hope EQ steals more ideas from them. they have so cool stuff on that game.

Khieran
17th October 02, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Gaerwing
I hope EQ steals more ideas from them. they have so cool stuff on that game.

Not much left to steal. Interface is already done :)

Luko
17th October 02, 01:09 PM
Hey Bren one thing I noticed in AA general skill yesterday was that you coupld spend one AA skill point into a new thing called Tanden(sp). It let you increase a second skill above 200. So in essence if you had 3 point into Tanden you could increase 3 trade skill above 200.

Leita
17th October 02, 01:11 PM
what does /SHIELD do ?

Rizzenn
17th October 02, 01:14 PM
Lets a warrior or warrior pet take someone elses damage for a bit

Luko
17th October 02, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Leita
what does /SHIELD do ?

When someone get low in HP you can be the meatshield for like a minute. It was discovered last night from a SK in Velk soloing and had 5 spider when he got low and FD his pet went into /shield.