PDA

View Full Version : IsraelI military kills 3 Egyptian soldiers

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 05:54 AM
More good news from that PILLAR of restraint Israel!

Bored of mowing down hapless Palestinian civillians the Israeli army decided to shoot and kill 3 Egyptian soldiers crossing into Gaza. Suprisingly enough the 3 guys dropped dead after an Israeli tank started blasting away at "suspect silhouettes".

Now we all know how DANGEROUS and FRIGHTENING silhouettes can be.......and that goes DOUBLE when the only thing between you and those scary dangerous silhouettes is the armor plating of a fucking TANK. Those poor Israelis must have been shitting their pants! Three silhouettes against a TANK?! Hell, its easy to see why they opened fire given the odds. Heroes, every goddamned one of them.

Israeli Deputy Defence Minister Zeev Boim said he regretted Thursday's "grave incident".

The BBC's Alan Johnston in Gaza says there has been continual friction on the Gaza-Egyptian border between Israeli troops and Palestinian militants trying to smuggle in weapons.

The Israelis have often been accused of firing indiscriminately in the area, our correspondent adds.

The Israeli army has not commented on the incident so far.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4021461.stm

ICY
18th November 04, 06:12 AM
I have to say I don't understand why you bother criticizing Israel...to me that's like an ant complaining about people stepping on ants. The thing is, the person who steps on the ants will die one day...and in their place someone else will step on the ants, and nothing the ant does will ever make a difference.

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 06:17 AM
To be honest, I have no idea what you were just trying to say.

I was just mentioning the Israeli military killed 3 Egyptian soldiers. If any other country killed 3 soldiers from another country they were at peace with it would be a big deal.

I'd love to see what would happen if Canada killed 3 marines.

ICY
18th November 04, 06:30 AM
Uh, you guys killed 4 of our guys in Aghanistan...and sort of, kind of apologized.

What I was trying to say is; Israel is going to keep killing people and nothing you say is going to stop it...so why bother?

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 06:37 AM
....in that case why do we talk about ANYTHING here, from McDojos to aything political......nothing we say is going to change anything so why bother?

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 06:38 AM
And you know damn well nobody is going to care if the U.S. kills Canadian troops, only if Canadian troops killed U.S. troops would the shit hit the fan.

Osiris
18th November 04, 06:40 AM
This border was where exactly? And where were the dead soldiers headed?

El Tejon
18th November 04, 06:45 AM
I cared when the Canadians were killed. Horrific tragedy! Canadians make fine, dedicated soldiers and the U.S. screwed up and then made it worse by not being up front about the mistake. Hope their families were compensated.

Did not this incident happen along a known infilitration route? Were the Egyptians ordered to stop and for whatever reason they did not? Too early to make judgments, at least for me.

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 06:45 AM
The Southern edge of Gaza. Its called "the Philadelphi road".

They were border police, it was their job to be there.

For a long time Israel said it would hold that strip even if Sharon's plan to disengage went through. 2 months ago Israel said it would leve the strip if Egypt could secure it.

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 06:46 AM
This just happened and theres been no comment from the Israeli military yet.

ICY
18th November 04, 07:15 AM
And you know damn well nobody is going to care if the U.S. kills Canadian troops, only if Canadian troops killed U.S. troops would the shit hit the fan.

I'm sure we have killed American troops in friendly fire situations before, it happens, and it probably wouldn't be that big a deal if it happened again. You should've pointed out, this wasn't friendly fire ;).

On the bigger issue, I think that since I don't live in Israel, or Palestine, or any other Arab nation...there's no point in caring much either way on the issue. If I did live closer to it or even knew anyone directly impacted by this situation, I think it would be worth taking a side and supporting it...and if I lived there I do think possibly what I said or did might make a difference, but from here it's just pointless.

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 09:51 AM
On the bigger issue, I think that since I don't live in Israel, or Palestine, or any other Arab nation...there's no point in caring much either way on the issue.

Its ok for YOU not to care because you live in Canada but theres a growing feeling that what happens in the middle east has a very large part in what happens in America and particularly if what happens there stirs up extra anti-American sentiment.

If I did live closer to it or even knew anyone directly impacted by this situation, I think it would be worth taking a side and supporting it...and if I lived there I do think possibly what I said or did might make a difference, but from here it's just pointless.

Are you crazy or are you saying if you lived in Israel/Palestine your ideas would make a difference there while so many world leaders have failed to do so? How exactly would you make a difference? As far as being pointless....thats what EVERY social AND political discussion is because you and I have ZERO say in any of it my friend so all we're doing is shooting the breeze.....

Judah Maccabee
18th November 04, 09:59 AM
Ha'aretz is reporting it as a tragic accident on the part of Israel, and Egypt believes the explanation, but still wants an investigation.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/503304.html

According to the army, an IDF observation point had spotted three suspected terrorists and directed a tank in their direction. However, following an error in communication between soldiers at the observation point and the tank for reasons as yet unclear, the tank crew accidentally identified the three Egyptians as the terrorists, and opened fire on them.

An investigation was immediately ordered into the incident; the Foreign Ministry will participate in the probe, along with senior defense officials, including GOC Southern Command Dan Harel.

Egypt later confirmed that three of its security forces had been killed in the incident. It said the men were members of the Central Security Forces, a paramilitary unit run by the Interior Ministry. Egyptian cabinet spokesman Magdy Rady said Egypt was waiting for more information from Israel, but "until now, we see it as a mistake."