PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Rep: Israel Poisoned Arafat

Judah Maccabee
13th November 04, 01:25 PM
I knew this would happen. I accepted the fact some extremist groups like Hamas would resort to such a tactic, but I never thought the official reps of the Palestinians would allow such a libel

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/afp/20041113/wl_mideast_afp/mideast_arafat_death_cause_qidwa

Senior Palestinian renews poisoning suspicion in Arafat death: Turkish paper

Sat Nov 13, 8:34 AM ET

ANKARA (AFP) - A senior Palestinian official has renewed suspicions that Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) might have died as a result of poisoning, according to an interview with a Turkish newspaper.

AFP/DDP Photo

Nasser al-Qidwa, Arafat's nephew and Palestinian representative at the United Nations (news - web sites), told the daily Vatan that Arafat's health problem was "such a complicated condition that a diagnosis was not possible."

In comments on rumors that Arafat might have been poisoned, al-Qidwa was quoted as saying: "This is our biggest suspicion. If it were a normal death, it would have been possible to put a diagnosis so far."

Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath has insisted that the 75-year-old leader was not been poisoned but rumors have flown back and forth over what exactly he died of amid the refusal of French doctors to disclose the cause of death to anyone but his family.

Arafat's personal physician, Ashraf al-Kurdi, has called for an inquiry into his death.

Give me a fucking break. Israel indeed has done poisonings in the past (the current leader of Hamas was poisoned, but given the antidote under pressure from Jordan, back in 1997), but having a team of doctors labor over him in a hospital certainly should have indicated what sort of issues and symptoms were going on.

Osiris
13th November 04, 01:51 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they did poison him.

Phrost
13th November 04, 02:05 PM
It's entirely more plausable that he died of AIDS. Apparently he had a nickname of "Tiger" after being overheard buggering one of his personal bodyguards.