PDA

View Full Version : Bob Jones' Letter to Dubya Bush

The Wastrel
12th November 04, 03:55 PM
Dear Mr. President:

The media tells us that you have received the largest number of popular votes of any president in America's history. Congratulations!

In your re-election, God has graciously granted America—though she doesn't deserve it—a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. We the people expect your voice to be like the clear and certain sound of a trumpet. Because you seek the Lord daily, we who know the Lord will follow that kind of voice eagerly.

Don't equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ. Honor the Lord, and He will honor you.

Had your opponent won, I would have still given thanks, because the Bible says I must (I Thessalonians 5:18). It would have been hard, but because the Lord lifts up whom He will and pulls down whom He will, I would have done it. It is easy to rejoice today, because Christ has allowed you to be His servant in this nation for another presidential term. Undoubtedly, you will have opportunity to appoint many conservative judges and exercise forceful leadership with the Congress in passing legislation that is defined by biblical norm regarding the family, sexuality, sanctity of life, religious freedom, freedom of speech, and limited government. You have four years—a brief time only—to leave an imprint for righteousness upon this nation that brings with it the blessings of Almighty God.

Christ said, “If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my father honour” (John 12:26).

The student body, faculty, and staff at Bob Jones University commit ourselves to pray for you—that you would do right and honor the Savior. Pull out all the stops and make a difference. If you have weaklings around you who do not share your biblical values, shed yourself of them. Conservative Americans would love to see one president who doesn't care whether he is liked, but cares infinitely that he does right.

Best wishes.

Sincerely your friend,

Bob Jones III
President

http://www.bju.edu/letter

The Wastrel
12th November 04, 04:00 PM
This letter is but one of many examples that give the lie to moderate Christians' claims that the fears of people like Dochter and me that there is a hateful, invasive revival on the rise in the US, are simply paranoid and prejudiced.

I'm thinking of following Josh Marshall's new practice of referring to people like Jones, James Dobson and Pat Robertson as "radical clerics", as in radical cleric Pat Robertson.

I hope that the secular conservatives, like Phrost for example, understand who their allies are.

afronaut
12th November 04, 04:05 PM
Interesting things about Bob Jones University:

1) It's unaccredited. Which means that the organization that decides whether or not your college is prepared to teach students enough to earn their degrees, said that BJU did not have sufficiently qualified faculty to grant "real" degrees.

Note to people who think it's liberal academia at work: Accreditation is an evaluation of your faculty's qualifications, your standards and your resources (the library, computer labs, chem labs, etc.) Religious schools like Loyola, Catholic U., Dominican, Union Theological Seminary and BYU are accredited as well as conservative schools like Vanderbilt, Southern Methodist and Texas Christian are all reaccredited each time with no reference to ideology or religion.

Simply put: Four years at BJU is four years jerking off at a clown college.

2) BJU forbids interracial dating and thinks that everyone is making a fuss over nothing:
http://www.bju.edu/aboutbju/special_articles/response/index

The whole page is fun for the whole family.

The Wastrel
12th November 04, 04:16 PM

At first, I had my doubts, but then....

Does the University believe that those who choose interracial marriage do so out of rebellion against God? No. It does believe, however, that often the promoters of it do so out of antagonism toward God because they are often the same entities that promote homosexuality, abortion, and other forms of social radicalism.

Entities?

The shameful departure from the Scripture by that which calls itself the church so that it might mirror unregenerate society has become profound in the last 40 years.

That is an exemplary sentence.

How do you explain the sudden hatred and bigotry the University is subjected to by the media and the political "three tenors," McCain, Gore, and Bradley, who sing the same off-pitch tune of the liberal left?

John McCain?

Our University firmly believes in freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of America.

What is "freedom of America"?

Is there a spiritual warfare being waged daily against the people of God and is what is happening to BJU currently a part of that warfare?

You mean jihad?

Shuma-Gorath
12th November 04, 04:19 PM
The chapter in Al Franken's last book where he trolls BJU is one of the finest pieces of political literature ever produced.

Thaiboxerken
12th November 04, 04:26 PM
Didn't Bush give several speeches to BJU and vow to uphold their values?

Jsun102
12th November 04, 04:36 PM
You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ.

This is the kind of encouragement that causes men to listen to the voices in their head. "THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!"

Stick
12th November 04, 06:02 PM
And people wonder why I'm concerned about the influence of religion.

Antagony
12th November 04, 06:06 PM
FUCK BOB JONES, THAT FUCKING FUCK FEOIJEFWFEWOfewa;oje

SRK85
12th November 04, 06:22 PM
Wow what an asshole. I dont want a religous fuck int the office. I want democracy not a theocracy.

punchingdummy
12th November 04, 07:34 PM
The chapter in Al Franken's last book where he trolls BJU is one of the finest pieces of political literature ever produced.

I never thought I would ever hear Al Franken's name and the words fine and literature in the same sentence.

Dochter
12th November 04, 07:56 PM
Wow what an asshole. I dont want a religous fuck int the office. I want democracy not a theocracy.
You have no idea how lucky you are that there is a cap on how frequently we can rep someone.

Shuma-Gorath
12th November 04, 08:01 PM
I never thought I would ever hear Al Franken's name and the words fine and literature in the same sentence.

I have the book in MP3 format if you prefer.

You have no idea how lucky you are that there is a cap on how frequently we can rep someone.

Don't worry, I got this one covered.

Phrost
12th November 04, 08:07 PM
Interesting.

Seeing as the Radical Muslim Clerics are telling their followers to murder me, while the Radical Christian Clerics are telling them to simply convert me; and the "tolerant progressive Left" wants to solve the problem by hugging the terrorists; I'll hitch my wagon to the side that's for murdering those who want to murder me and sort the rest out later.

Mr_Mantis
12th November 04, 08:43 PM
Undoubtedly, you will have opportunity to appoint many conservative judges and exercise forceful leadership with the Congress in passing legislation that is defined by biblical norm regarding the family, sexuality, sanctity of life, religious freedom, freedom of speech, and limited government. You have four years—a brief time only—to leave an imprint for righteousness upon this nation that brings with it the blessings of Almighty God.
Is this what you are afraid of? The letter alone does not really give me too much concern because I get the impression that Bush was just sucking up for votes. Why should Bush give a fuck now that he's been elected? I doubt Bush would even see the letter.

The problem lies on what "biblical norm" means.

Did I mention that I consider any religous group who tries to force their opinion on someone else to be arrogant crusaders?

Roe v. Wade is NOT going to be overturned. I'm even willing to bet PeeDee $10.00.

The Wastrel
12th November 04, 08:50 PM
Interesting.

Seeing as the Radical Muslim Clerics are telling their followers to murder me, while the Radical Christian Clerics are telling them to simply convert me; and the "tolerant progressive Left" wants to solve the problem by hugging the terrorists; I'll hitch my wagon to the side that's for murdering those who want to murder me and sort the rest out later.

The only difference is that the American left is keeping the American radical Christians in check. Unopposed, I'd be stoned to death.

Stick
12th November 04, 09:48 PM
"What we need to be doing is converting these Muslims to Christianity or killing them"
Anne Coulter

More or less, and she isn't even a cleric.

Republican attack skank, I'd fuck her, but only in the ass.

Thaiboxerken
13th November 04, 12:06 AM
The more power the christians get, the more corrupt they'll become. It won't be too long until they start killing non-christians, again. They have a history of killing non-christians when they do have power.

Kiozz
13th November 04, 01:38 AM
Did the University’s dating policy originate to regulate black-white relationships? No. It was first stated in the mid-1950s when dealing with an Asian-Caucasian dating couple.

Hilarious.

SRK85
13th November 04, 02:36 PM
The more power the christians get, the more corrupt they'll become. It won't be too long until they start killing non-christians, again. They have a history of killing non-christians when they do have power.
Agreed
An ignorant person believes in religon. An educated man accepts science and evolution.

The Crack Taoist
13th November 04, 02:51 PM
Interesting things about Bob Jones University:

1) It's unaccredited. Which means that the organization that decides whether or not your college is prepared to teach students enough to earn their degrees, said that BJU did not have sufficiently qualified faculty to grant "real" degrees.

Note to people who think it's liberal academia at work: Accreditation is an evaluation of your faculty's qualifications, your standards and your resources (the library, computer labs, chem labs, etc.) Religious schools like Loyola, Catholic U., Dominican, Union Theological Seminary and BYU are accredited as well as conservative schools like Vanderbilt, Southern Methodist and Texas Christian are all reaccredited each time with no reference to ideology or religion.

Simply put: Four years at BJU is four years jerking off at a clown college.

2) BJU forbids interracial dating and thinks that everyone is making a fuss over nothing:
http://www.bju.edu/aboutbju/special_articles/response/index

Read more carefully bro..

The page says
"Why is the focus being placed on something which is such a small and insignificant part of the University's whole, making it a media obsession? The last two or three generations of students who have graduated from this institution never once heard a discussion of this policy. It is not something that is preached or talked about. Because of its insignificance to us, it has been dropped in the interest of the greater good of the University's Gospel and Christian educational mission."

Incidentally the notion of taking away a religous institution's tax exemption
status is quite worriesome.

Granted they are religous nuts.. but often the children of religous nuts
grow up to be buddhist/atheist deep anarchists with a penchant for
martial arts who post on bullshido. :)

Relax.. they have about as much influence as the American Communist Party..
or the Nation of Islam.

Beatdown Richie
13th November 04, 03:14 PM
"What we need to be doing is converting these Muslims to Christianity or killing them"
Anne Coulter

More or less, and she isn't even a cleric.

Republican attack skank, I'd fuck her, but only in the ass.
Ahem. I'd like to think that you have a little more class than that.

Thaiboxerken
13th November 04, 03:18 PM
Incidentally the notion of taking away a religous institution's tax exemption
status is quite worriesome.

If an institution wants to play a significant role in politics, it should pay taxes.

Stick
14th November 04, 12:51 AM
I'd like to think I do too, but she just brings out the filth, bile, and sheer evil in me; kind of like how the sun makes people happy, only in reverse.

Osiris
14th November 04, 04:11 AM
We'd never tell muslims to convert or die. Not to Christianity anyways.

Thaiboxerken
14th November 04, 04:13 AM
Not yet, at least, but it's only a matter of time. After all, laws are being passed here in the USA that mandate the promotion of christianity in public classrooms.

Osiris
14th November 04, 04:16 AM
We tell them to convert or die to capitalism and/or democracy.

Thaiboxerken
14th November 04, 04:18 AM
They WILL be liberated, whether they want to be or not!

Stick
14th November 04, 06:15 AM
We're like the borg, just less obvious....