PDA

View Full Version : Two Minute Warning

Phrost
8th November 04, 08:03 PM
...well, figuratively at least.

If you haven't noticed:

*This is the second most popular forum on Bullshido.

*This forum is flooded with great (albeit heated) discussion over current issues and politics.

*I've been doing a bit of trolling here lately (for a reason, we'll get to that later)

*"New Media" sources such as internet sites have become as important as traditional media such as print and TV, in reflecting and reporting on issues affecting all of us in the greater world community.

*The US (where most of us live and all of us have some measure of interest in) is pretty much divided right down the middle between opposing sets of ideals with many rational people caught in the crossfire.

As such, I'm proud to pre-introduce our version of a spin-off from our beloved Martial Arts series which will take the mission of fighting bullshit, ignorance, and general stupidity 50 notches above what we're doing here.

I won't tell you the name of the site (partly to create suspense, but mainly because it's nowhere near complete and I'd be embarassed if you started wandering around it due to the cloning process by which it was created), but watch this space for future updates, and as soon as I have less than 10 things going on at the same time when I can wrap it up (possibly this weekend) I'll deliver you the goods.

The great thing about this new portal is that all of you are already registered, and all of your information, avatars, etc, have been transfered. Those of you who enjoy the discussion in this forum, will love the expanded scope of operations we will be undertaking there including:

*Hammering out viewpoints in an unrestricted, unmistakably Bullshido style, of Zero-BS, Zero-Spin (pwning O'reilly in this regard)

*Peeling back the shiny surface of pop-culture to collectively expose the maggoty underbelly (which is always much more entertaining anyway)

*And seeking out, identifying, and going after idiocy with extreme prejudice, wherever it may lurk (but mainly on other internet forums).

More details to follow.

Aesopian
8th November 04, 08:06 PM
If this means I won't have to see another Current Events thread in the New Posts page, bless you! Bless your soul!

Phrost
8th November 04, 08:09 PM
CE Forum is being split from the site, so yes.

CrimsonTiger
8th November 04, 11:03 PM
So this is more of a general, non-MA related forum eh?

Interesting....curious to see how this pans out.

Stick
8th November 04, 11:11 PM
I eagerly await the schism!

The Wastrel
9th November 04, 12:34 AM
And Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Phrost
9th November 04, 01:09 AM
Alexander got pwned by the Indians... just like helpdesk techs are all over our country today!

Alex
9th November 04, 01:28 AM
nigger please, Alexanders troops just got tired of the place. which is understandable, its a shithole.

patfromlogan
9th November 04, 10:43 AM
The women look good, but the food? At least they brought back apples and cannabis.

about the site
probably a good idea to split it - if there was no election/war it would probably not be used so much.

Stick
10th November 04, 04:36 AM
God I love Indian women, for some reason I even find the chubby ones cute.

The food's alright. I think I could live in India for a while.

WingChun Lawyer
10th November 04, 02:34 PM
Good idea Phrost.

Beatdown Richie
10th November 04, 03:05 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea.

katana
16th November 04, 07:32 PM
I am here to serve in the name of capitalism and all things free-market.

ICY
18th November 04, 05:19 AM
Damn, this is an awesome idea, I couldn't access the site for about the last month and this is a pleasant surprise...I talked to Peedee before about me and him doing a Crossfire type of thing before, mabye this new site would be a good place?

Also, I think I can represent evil (Communism, Fascism, Anarchism...as long as it doesn't involve democracy in any way, I will find a way to spin it) in all it's forms better than anyone else, unless some other advocate of violence and destruction materialized in my absence.

PeedeeShaolin
18th November 04, 05:23 AM
Where the hell have you been dammit?

ICY
18th November 04, 05:39 AM
I had problems with my internet connection.

Phrost
18th November 04, 08:41 AM
Way behind on this, but at least Bullshido looks good now.

Sun Wukong
17th December 04, 12:27 AM
actually, i've been having the same problem. I thought i'd been banned for awhile because I couldn't access the site at all from home. and then, my connection at work stopped letting me through. it was starting to get a little fishy until just tonight.

nihilist
25th March 05, 03:14 AM
I had problems with my internet connection.

Was the public library being renovated?

Jekyll
25th March 05, 07:59 AM
Was the public library being renovated?
Still missing ICY then Reese?

nihilist
25th March 05, 01:42 PM
Yes, but in a purely heterosexual way.:zlove:

EternalRage
13th April 05, 04:15 PM
whats the new site?

pst
25th May 05, 01:29 PM
When will there be more info on the new site?

Phrost
25th May 05, 01:43 PM
As soon as the timing is right.

Olorin
17th July 05, 11:23 PM
As many of you have probably figured out, I know very little about Martial Arts but am very interested in politics, current events, and history. I also liked the idea that the politics/current event section was somewhat closed to the general public but instead reflected the ideas of people who studied a martial art. I found it fascinating to read the opinions of other Martial Artist on topics not related to MA.

I have been pleasantly surprised to see how many Bullshido members have well thought out and logical opinions on politics, history, the law, and current events. That goes for those I agreeing with and for those who I disagree with like Afronaut, The Wastrel, Wounded Ronin, or Themanchu all of whom I have come to respect as intelligent and passionate advocates of their beliefs. (Sorry if I left anyone out)

A big trend in historiography is looking at sub sections of the population, the Current Events/Politics/Social Issues Forum gave me the opportunity to examine the opinion of martial artists on topics ranging from abortion to racism, taxes to war.

I do not know how the new site will work but I guess that it will be open to anyone who stumbles across it. I have posted on political forums before and I think this move will not decrease political rancor but will in fact make it worst. When I currently post in opposition to someone, I try to be civil and courteous (stop laughing I really do). I do this because I know that I might fight with someone on the political forum and then find myself agree with them on another forum. The non-MA people who will find this new site will not have this in mind and the flaming could get out of hand especially with our loose rules on trolling and flame wars.

I hope for the best but do not think this is a good move. I like things the way they are and do not understand the need to split off the second most popular forum into its own site.

God I love Indian women, for some reason I even find the chubby ones cute.

PS I am going to use this as my new signature unless Dai tells me not too…

Nate1481
7th August 05, 07:34 PM
Great idea, fairly new here so have been looking round MA parts of site first, when this is up may have 2 point a few people i know this way, there is a department at my (old) uni called Peace Studies, should be an intresting contrast

Dark Helmet
15th March 06, 12:39 AM
This is the first time I've noticed this thread.Has this new site finished or was it a pipe dream that got put on hold ?Or was it the blog system you were talking about?

Hannibal
15th March 06, 01:12 AM
I like this idea.

And once again many thanks to Phrost and other moderators who work hard to make this happen. Debating various topics from the standpoint of rational thinking and evidence is a great way to seperate bullshit from fact.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th March 06, 01:14 AM
I like this idea.

And once again many thanks to Phrost and other moderators who work hard to make this happen. Debating various topics from the standpoint of rational thinking and evidence is a great way to seperate bullshit from fact.

Copying and pasting things other people already said isn't the same as using facts to support your own argument.

Gerry Mansfield
15th March 06, 02:18 PM
Damn, this is an awesome idea, I couldn't access the site for about the last month and this is a pleasant surprise...I talked to Peedee before about me and him doing a Crossfire type of thing before, mabye this new site would be a good place?

Also, I think I can represent evil (Communism, Fascism, Anarchism...as long as it doesn't involve democracy in any way, I will find a way to spin it) in all it's forms better than anyone else, unless some other advocate of violence and destruction materialized in my absence.

Down With Capitalism! Anarchy rules the Day,
I think I've found a place I can call HOME!!!!
G

Darkpaladin
15th March 06, 03:13 PM
Uber thread necromancy??

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th March 06, 03:18 PM
Uber Hannibal faggotry

Phrost
15th March 06, 03:38 PM
This is the first time I've noticed this thread.Has this new site finished or was it a pipe dream that got put on hold ?Or was it the blog system you were talking about?

Nope. Still in the works, it's just a matter of timing. Most of the leg-work is already done (meaning if you've been a member since before the end of 2005 you should already have an account there.)

It's just a matter of configuring the front end and letting it run.

Though the new BBC member blogs is a bit of a beta test for that site as well given they both use the same CMS. I try to double up on things when I can.

Dark Helmet
17th March 06, 05:36 PM
So will you let me in the new site?