PDA

View Full Version : Associated Press reports Kerry Leading Bush

PeedeeShaolin
7th October 04, 11:43 PM
The Associated Press reported that John Kerry has managed to convince more people that he isn't a liberal pussy than George Bush has convinced he's not a hillbilly criminal.

Fewer voters than a month ago believe Bush is the best man to protect the country and fight the Iraq war.

The AP-Ipsos Public Affairs poll, completed on the eve of the second presidential debate, showed a reversal from early September, when the Republican incumbent had the momentum and a minuscule lead. With bloodshed increasing in Iraq, Kerry sharpened his attacks, and Bush stumbled in their initial debate.

Among 944 likely voters, the Kerry-Edwards ticket led Bush-Cheney 50 percent to 46 percent. The Oct. 4-6 survey had a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Not that polls mean shiit anyway but we'll give CaptShady something to fume over.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041008/ap_on_el_pr/president_ap_poll&cid=694&ncid=716

Sun Wukong
8th October 04, 04:10 AM
A-men.

Now, as long as no crazed republicans assinate him, everything is fine.

ICY
8th October 04, 04:17 AM
If Bush gets buggered again in the second debate, I think it may actually tip the scales, there's nothing to turn off the voters like lacking an answer when your opponent has an air-tight case. The key here is, Bush needs to avoid looking dumb, he doesn't need to actually have a rebuttal, Kerry on the other hand must make him look like a complete idiot.

Raven
8th October 04, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by I Choke You
The key here is, Bush needs to avoid looking dumb, he doesn't need to actually have a rebuttal, Kerry on the other hand must make him look like a complete idiot.

I think I have more of a chance to win the lottery, than Bush has to look intelligent.

ICY
8th October 04, 08:56 AM
But the point is not for Bush to look smart, it's to avoid embarassment...it's like going for a draw in a fight because you can't hope to win and if you try, you'll almost certainly lose, so you just stall until the time runs out and then you can claim you would've, should've, won, or even that you did win.

CaptShady
8th October 04, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
The Associated Press reported that John Kerry has managed to convince more people that he isn't a liberal pussy than George Bush has convinced he's not a hillbilly criminal.

convince = conned .. in both cases.

blankslate
8th October 04, 09:10 AM
Once again proving Liberal Media Bias.

Sun Wukong
9th October 04, 10:17 PM
yeah, perhaps it is an attempt to skew the details... but WTF, after this years election I'm surprised anyone involved in the election has the ability to so much as state their name correctly.

Dralion
10th October 04, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by I Choke You
If Bush gets buggered again in the second debate, I think it may actually tip the scales, there's nothing to turn off the voters like lacking an answer when your opponent has an air-tight case. The key here is, Bush needs to avoid looking dumb, he doesn't need to actually have a rebuttal, Kerry on the other hand must make him look like a complete idiot.

I don't know if either of these cases happened, but I see how much Bush relies on a "Climate Of Fear" to keep his "Sheeple" in line.

Jenfucius
10th October 04, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by chris_ketchens
A-men.

Now, as long as no crazed republicans assinate him, everything is fine.

correction: as long as no crazed republican cyborgs from the future assasinate him.