PDA

View Full Version : Iraq is a far safer place NOw than before: 30+ children killed in one day.....

PeedeeShaolin
30th September 04, 10:49 AM
Co-ordinated bomb blasts in Baghdad have kiled over 40 people, at least 34 of which ar children.

Over 100 were injured when a massive car bomb went off and was then followed by 2 smaller blasts as people tried to help those injured in the blast.

The casualties include:

Two Iraqi policemen and a US soldier killed in the Abu Ghraib district of Baghdad by a car bomb that also left dozens injured
A US soldier killed by a rocket fired at a US base near Baghdad
A senior policeman shot dead in Mosul
Four people killed in a car bombing in Talafar that also injured about 16 others
At least four children among six or seven people killed in Falluja after US forces allegedly fired on their car
At least three civilians killed in a US air strike on Falluja overnight.

At least 10 U.S. soldiers were fucked up pretty good.

GONE are the days of Hussein and of being arrested in the middle of the night! Here to stay are the wonderful explosions in the middle of the day that make Iraq SO much safer than it was and certainly a better place to live.

The closer it gets to the fake elections the more crazy shit these people are going to do. Good job of bringing us in there W!

The Associated Press reported that the Baghdad hospitols are struggling to treat all the wounded.

Pools of blood formed on the hospital floors, while at the scene of the blasts, people picked through blood-stained wreckage to recover body parts, news agencies said.

So are these "Saddam loyalists" as we were first told, "Insurgents" as they became later, or "Terrorists" as is the word of the day?

And whatever term these people are, what happened to the OTHERS on that small list of name-changing enemies?

Whoever they are they sure know how to blow stuff up! The U.S. only managed to kill 1 woman and 1 child in its latest bombing though we DID manage to destroy 2 houses.

Just like Colin Powell and the CIA have told us: Things are getting WORSE in Iraq, not better.

garbanzo
30th September 04, 12:51 PM
But we're teaching the Kurds to play baseball.

CaptShady
30th September 04, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin

Anti-American and just plain fucking wrong!

Just like Colin Powell and the CIA have told us: Things are getting WORSE in Iraq, not better.

Depends on your perspective I guess, huh? Where are the numbers of the people that were tortured/killed by Sadam and his boys?

garbanzo
30th September 04, 01:40 PM
[/B]

Originally posted by CaptShady

According to the New York Times:

"In the car bomb attack, 10 American soldiers were wounded, the military said in a statement issued in Baghdad."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/30/international/middleeast/30CND-IRAQ.html?hp

So it seems to be factually correct.

I can't see what is anti-American about it, unless, somehow,
"fucked up pretty good" is taken to mean "fucked up, which is good".

That would be a new use of a very common phrase.

Ronin
30th September 04, 01:48 PM
And I doubt Kerry will say anyhting about any of this in the debate tonight.

SRK85
30th September 04, 02:36 PM
Iraq was def a mistake.

garbanzo
30th September 04, 02:37 PM
But we're teaching the Kurds to play baseball.

SRK85
30th September 04, 02:44 PM
O my bad. Anways werent we worried about Iraq being Distablized and turning into a hellhole if we invaded them. I thought the Bush adminstration said we are gonna wait till we have a plan.

CaptShady
30th September 04, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by garbanzo
According to the New York Times:

"In the car bomb attack, 10 American soldiers were wounded, the military said in a statement issued in Baghdad."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/30/international/middleeast/30CND-IRAQ.html?hp

So it seems to be factually correct.

I wasn't questioning it's accuracy.

Originally posted by garbanzo
I can't see what is anti-American about it, unless, somehow,
"fucked up pretty good" is taken to mean "fucked up, which is good".

That would be a new use of a very common phrase.

I read it as "all this happened" (bad) and at least some good came out of it, and American soldiers died.

garbanzo
30th September 04, 03:16 PM
Interesting.

A genuine hermineutical difference.

I guess we'll have to wait for Peedee to elaborate.

Chronomorte
30th September 04, 03:47 PM
My thoughts are that the phrase meant "hurt pretty badly", not "hurt, that's good".
It's a colloquialism and was used in that manner, most likely.

Traditional Tom
30th September 04, 04:01 PM
I'm more impressed (well not quite, but its somewhat interesting, in a morbid way) how this third world country is still managing to put up some (considerable?) resistence to the takeover. It would be inspiring if it weren't so fucking disturbing.

LOVED2BLOVED
30th September 04, 04:09 PM
bombs are cheap.
al queda/ jihad and tahwid/[insert religous fundamentalist group here] is pro at poor resistance

Stick
30th September 04, 04:30 PM
Shady, I didn't read it that way at all, and I seriously doubt anyone else did either.

If the debates tonight weren't some scripted affair of complete and utter tripe, I might skip practice tonight to watch them, instead I'm going to go roll around with sweaty men, come home, shower, then maybe listen to 5 minutes worth of soundbytes from MSNBC, C-SPAN (yeah they'll replay the whole thing, but I won't fucking watch the whole thing), CNN, and FOX.

kikkoman893
30th September 04, 11:39 PM
hermineutical!

Sun Wukong
1st October 04, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by CaptShady

Anti-american? You nit-wit.

Here, you went straight to the ol' brain pan, or as your parents like to call it "Your poopie place."

How is it Anti-American to say our troops got injured in bomb blast?

I was a US troop for awhile and you know, I think that our guys getting injured is a pretty important issue.

CaptShady
1st October 04, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by chris_ketchens
Anti-american? You nit-wit.

Here, you went straight to the ol' brain pan, or as your parents like to call it "Your poopie place."

OMG!!! That was SOO funny! :rolleyes:

How is it Anti-American to say our troops got injured in bomb blast?

To say "this is horrible all these foreign kids died, but at least some Americans died too .. is fucked up.

I was a US troop for awhile and you know, I think that our guys getting injured is a pretty important issue.

I was too .. except I don't throw it out every chance I get, NOR do I think my being one lends any validity to my argument. Our guys getting injured IS a pretty important issue, DUH! Being happy about it is fucked up.

PeedeeShaolin
1st October 04, 04:12 PM
If you read my statement the way you say Shady then you're really getting wacky the closer we get to elections.

The fact that you're the ONLY person to come to your conclusion doesn't tell you anything?

Peter H.
1st October 04, 04:17 PM
We apologize for Shady, now that Ballonknot is gone, he is getting politcal wacko withdraw. We'll get him some methedone to calm the shakes.

SRK85
1st October 04, 04:39 PM
Where did Ballonknot go? Did he get banned?