PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Trilogy DVD

Ronin
8th September 04, 02:21 PM
So, at the end of this month, Star Wars Trilogy ( EP 4,5 & 6) come out on DVD.
Finally !!!!!

Yes, I am gonna get them, if for no other reason, than to have the ability to jump to my favorite scenes ( I find your lack of faith disturbing, Apology accepted admiral, etc.).

Lucas has done his usual shit, he has removed the actor that played Anakin in EP6 ( Sepastian Shaw), the “spirt scene” and replaced him with the Hayden of EP3.

You guys gonna get it ?

Or you gonna wait for the COMPLETE collection, all 6 episodes ?

By the way, the rumours about episodes 7,8 and 9 have started again...

TylerDurden
8th September 04, 02:23 PM
You did hear that Lucas is further butchering the originals to fit with the prequels? Editing shots, adding parts and changing them, changing dialogue. You might not be so happy when you get those.

Ronin
8th September 04, 02:25 PM
True... that fat bastard !!!
He is on a power trip !!!!!!
Still, as long as the pivotal moments remain intact...

zenbert
8th September 04, 02:35 PM
i think i'll wait for the verdict from the fans. i really don't like lucas anymore with his staunch don't mess with the force attitude. (get a grip fatso!) talking about ep3, i'm going to watch it because of the special effects and cute natalie, but most of the acting since ep1 has been sloppy--cast molded in lucasphere of deepest void.

PHILBERT
8th September 04, 02:40 PM
ronin69, LucasFilm never confirmed editing the films any more to make them more like the original. The "video" of Hayden being Anakin's spirit at the end of RotJ was obviously fake and easily recognizeable on the change of effects.

The purpose of the scene at the end of RotJ was to show what Anakin would of been like at the age of 50 had he not of become Vader. The only thing I think they edited in the movie was the Emperor in ESB. They replaced that gorilla face (Star Wars fact, they used monkey eyes for the Emperor in ESB) with Ian McDirmid or however it is spelled. The guy who played Palpatine in the rest.

Shuma-Gorath
8th September 04, 03:10 PM
If the box art didn't have "Star Wars" on it, and was just Vader's helmet, I would like it enough to forgive Greedo shooting first.

Ronin
8th September 04, 03:18 PM
If lucas really wants to change shit, he should add some nude scenes...
Leia in her bikini ala EP6
The dancer in EP6
Amidala anytime.
NO JAR JAR !!!!!!!!

Ronin
8th September 04, 03:19 PM
Oh and get rid of the EWOKS !!!!!
The only fur should be Leia's beaver !!!!!

PHILBERT
8th September 04, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Shumagorath
If the box art didn't have "Star Wars" on it, and was just Vader's helmet, I would like it enough to forgive Greedo shooting first.

I think they changed that back btw for the DVD.

Jaguar Wong
8th September 04, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
I think they changed that back btw for the DVD.

Man I hope so...but I'll believe it when I see it. I think that scene alone ruined Ep4 for me. I was hoping he would release the non "special edition" version on DVD, but if Greedo doesn't take the first shot (with that lame film jump "dodge" Solo does) then I'll most likely get it.

My biggest concern now is that my kids don't seem to like Star Wars (Of course they're only 3 and 1 1/2, but I'm not going to force it on them like that weird Star-Wars obsessed guy from that MTV special). :p

Osiris
8th September 04, 04:08 PM
The special edition was bullshit. Let me know when he releases the original.

MrMcFu
8th September 04, 04:12 PM
Why the hell didn't C3P0 and R2D2 remember Obie One when they met him again in Episode 4?

Wild Bill
8th September 04, 04:33 PM
Because Lucas is making it up as he goes. All that crap about having the hole story done is bullshit. Lucas just wants to repackage and redo his stuff to make more money. Mark my words, that greedy bastard will have another special edition out before you get finished watching this latist peice of crap. Once episode 3 is out he will eventually release all of the movies in one grand ultimate package. And there will probably be new cuts of the latest films. Lucas sold his soal. He does,nt care about the art or the fans who fell in love with the first movies. Fuck George Lucas! Fuck him in his greedy sellout ass!

Hawkeye
8th September 04, 08:42 PM
Thank God I have the lazerdisc version of the originals.

Fuck Lucas and his butchering bullshit.

PHILBERT
8th September 04, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by MrMcFu
Why the hell didn't C3P0 and R2D2 remember Obie One when they met him again in Episode 4?

Because C3PO will most likely get his memory erased. I have a feeling though that R2D2 doesn't get his memory erased.

And no, Lucas never said the stories were complete. He said he started the script for TPM back in 1994. He probably wrote all the scripts, but yeah he admits to not having it done since 77.

chaosexmachina
8th September 04, 09:25 PM
Did you know that you can kill ewoks in the new Star Wars video game? I saw a preview where someone snipes them out. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen (at leats when it comes to Star Wars).

PHILBERT
8th September 04, 09:29 PM
In Jedi Academy you can kill the Tusken Raiders and Jawas.

But yes, Ewoks will rule.

Emiare_Pac
9th September 04, 01:00 AM
ahh why is that dickhead re-editing the originals? he should just leave it, because everyone will be buying the new edition trilogy with the thought that they will be the originals.. well atleats i was.

MasterKiller
9th September 04, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
I think they changed that back btw for the DVD. Wrong. They changed it again. Now, Han Solo digitally "dodges" the shot, but at least it looks liks Greedo was shooting at him this time. It still looks fake.

Originally posted by PHILBERT ronin69, LucasFilm never confirmed editing the films any more to make them more like the original. The "video" of Hayden being Anakin's spirit at the end of RotJ was obviously fake and easily recognizeable on the change of effects. Wrong. It's real. They changed Sebastian Shaw to Hayden Christiansen.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges02.htm

They also added new dialogue to the scene in which Vader and The Emperor talk in ESB. The Emperor mentions Skywalker by name, and Vader pretends he didn't know who blew up the Deathstar.

They also changed Boba Fett's voice to Temurra Morrison's (Jango Fett's). They redubbed all his lines.

They redid the Jabba in ANH.

They also added Gungans to the celebration scene in ROTJ. One says "Weeeesa Freeeee."

Other changes to, but I don't want to spoil the fun.

The colors are AMAZING, though. They did a great job of cleaning the film up.

chaosexmachina
9th September 04, 04:17 PM
SOURCE!?

Osiris
9th September 04, 05:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOO

MasterKiller
10th September 04, 08:20 AM
Interestingly, in the Special Edition ESB, they added a scream when Luke jumps off the Cloud City balcony that was really a the Emperor's cackle revved down. In the OT (original trilogy), Luke just jumped and made no sounds. In the DVDs, the took the scream out again, which I think is a good change.

In the OT, when the monster eats R2D2 in the Dagobah swamp, Luke said "You're lucky you don't taste good." They changed that line in the Special Editions to something like "You better be careful" because the original sound clip was damaged. In the DVDs, the line is the same as the SE, not the original.

They also fubared Vader's lightsaber in the DVDs in ESB. They recolored it pink in some scenes. But overall, if you are a SW fan, you have to have these. They look magnificent.

Wild Bill
10th September 04, 07:14 PM
Never! Lucas can suck it! Then he can suck it again and just keep on suckin on it!

Traditional Tom
10th September 04, 07:25 PM
They fucked with the Fett man?! die george lucas! DIEEEEEE!!!

ps, I recommend the mad tv spoof they did of george lucas, hilarious

SRK85
10th September 04, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ronin69
Oh and get rid of the EWOKS !!!!!
The only fur should be Leia's beaver !!!!!

Dude thats the best thing I ever heard your the fucking man. I know idoilze you. But I thought the ewoks were ok.

SRK85
10th September 04, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Jaguar Wong
Man I hope so...but I'll believe it when I see it. I think that scene alone ruined Ep4 for me. I was hoping he would release the non "special edition" version on DVD, but if Greedo doesn't take the first shot (with that lame film jump "dodge" Solo does) then I'll most likely get it.

My biggest concern now is that my kids don't seem to like Star Wars (Of course they're only 3 and 1 1/2, but I'm not going to force it on them like that weird Star-Wars obsessed guy from that MTV special). :p

What? I never saw the first episode on special edition han solo actually dodges an attack bullshit the orignal ones were so fucking good. I love them.

Jaguar Wong
11th September 04, 02:37 AM
If you haven't seen the infamous jump-cut dodge, I would suggest you avoid it at all costs...it will cause a burning sensation in your retinas and your long term memory.

PHILBERT
13th September 04, 07:17 PM
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarstrilogy.html

A review of the new DVD, along with pictures to compare changes made.

Ippatsu182
14th September 04, 11:29 AM
George Lucas is too much of a perfectionist as we all know. He's just ruining the originals. If he's going to remake them, he needs to do them right, like this. *NSFW* http://www.nenya.net/x/starwars_scene_small.mpg I got this from another message board.

Ronin
14th September 04, 12:06 PM
Best fucking star wars scene ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That deserves its own thread !!!

Hawkeye
14th September 04, 05:50 PM
Word is Frank Darabont wrote a damn good screenplay to Indiana Jones 4 and supposedly Lucas didn't like it.

Just something else for him to fuck up.

Ippatsu182
22nd September 04, 01:21 PM
Here are all the changes done to the newly released movies on DVD.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

Ronin
22nd September 04, 01:29 PM
I picked up mine yesterday.
I can feel the dark side already...

Shuma-Gorath
22nd September 04, 01:51 PM
I didn't reserve a copy so I know I'll probably never see it on a shelf for a month now.

Ronin
22nd September 04, 02:22 PM
Best buy dude, just over 50 bucks.

tkdan28
22nd September 04, 03:14 PM
I got mine at blockbuster for $59.... they deal entitles me to 7 free rentals.

Jaguar Wong
22nd September 04, 03:38 PM
Those are Canadian prices, right? I got it for $42 at Best Buy (USD). The Greedo shot is still teh suck, but quality of that scene sucking is much better than the VHS version I've got. :)

PHILBERT
22nd September 04, 10:39 PM
I found 2 interesting things today, and purchased one (and carefully hid the other to purchase next week). The first thing I found was the original trilogy on VHS, not the restored versions with THX that came out in 1994 or whenever, not the Special Edition, I mean the original like you saw them if you went to Blockbuster in 1987 and rented them.

The other thing I found was a copy of the Empire Strikes Back. On Beta. Yes, I kid you not, and I am going to buy it next week sometime, even though I haven't even held or seen a Beta tape before today, much less a Beta player. To simply own such an old copy is worth the $5.98+tax.

Ippatsu182
25th September 04, 09:59 AM
I got mine for 9500 yen, roughly $86 U.S. These movies are much clearer than before, but I've noticed that everyone's skin has a reddish tone now. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

The extra DVD about the making of Star Wars makes it worth spending the money for these DVDs.