PDA

View Full Version : Young republican kicks female protestor

Wounded Ronin
7th September 04, 09:02 PM
http://ww2.7online.com/global/video/popup/pop_index.asp?ClipID1=247870&h1=Headline&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=111867&activePane=info&playerVersion=8&rnd=51992696

Watch this news clip about anti-Bush protestors raising a ruckus at a young Republicans event. One young Republican was smacked in the head. One female protestor was kicked by a YR after she was taken down by the Secret Service.

I thought, "At most other forums, people would say things along the lines of, 'young men shouldn't kick women, yadda yadda yadda'. At Bullshido, though, they'll probably be like, 'That guy sucks, if you wanna hurt someone on the ground stomp on them and put some body into it!'"

Kungfoolss
7th September 04, 09:39 PM
If you ask my opinion, those liberal radicals never should've been there. I hope the Secret Service throws the book at them.

PeedeeShaolin
7th September 04, 10:02 PM
Well they DO have a right to go wherever they chose, its not against the law to visit a convention.

Kicking someone in the head IS against the law however.

Kungfoolss
7th September 04, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
Well they DO have a right to go wherever they chose, its not against the law to visit a convention.

I'm certain members of the Nazi party would've agreed with you as this was a favorite tactic of theirs to disrupt the political meetings of their opponents in the 1920's.

I suppose the liberals were just paying the Republicans back for disrupting their convention earlier...oh, silly me. That's right, we never did.

Kicking someone in the head IS against the law however.

The aid's protesters weren't the only ones who were assaulted. I'd say this was a clear-cut case of self defense.

nihilist
8th September 04, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Kungfoolss
I'm certain members of the Nazi party would've agreed with you as this was a favorite tactic of theirs to disrupt the political meetings of their opponents in the 1920's.

I suppose the liberals were just paying the Republicans back for disrupting their convention earlier...oh, silly me. That's right, we never did.

The aid's protesters weren't the only ones who were assaulted. I'd say this was a clear-cut case of self defense.

Having a "boot party" is a neo-Nazi skinhead tactic.

Makes you wonder what would've happened if there were no press there...

Oh, those silly Republicans:rolleyes:

MrMcFu
8th September 04, 04:39 AM

Unless you don't count 'disrupt' as making sure the Democratic convention was barely covered in the news media. I guess you can hide anything in this regime by labeling it 'anti-american'.

xero
8th September 04, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by MrMcFu
Unless you don't count 'disrupt' as making sure the Democratic convention was barely covered in the news media. I guess you can hide anything in this regime by labeling it 'anti-american'.

See funny thing about that is you are in DEUTCHLAND! So you for you to really comment on the ammount of coverage is really futile since you lack the sheer ammount of domestic american channels/media outlets. I saw plenty of coverage of both the DNC and RNC. I found both of the coverage to be fair in air time.

You do have the right to peacefully protest in this county. You do not have the right to be violent during such events. I dont care what cause you stand for or against if you are a violent protestor you deserve to have the book thrown at you.

MrMcFu
8th September 04, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by xero
See funny thing about that is you are in DEUTCHLAND! So you for you to really comment on the ammount of coverage is really null and void since you lack the sheer ammount of domestic american channels/media outlets. I saw plenty of coverage of both the DNC and RNC. I found both of the coverage to be fair in air time.

And how do you know what news channels I get? Have you been peaking at my satellite package? The world is smaller than you think and I can keep up with much more than you realize. The country is spelled DEUTSCHLAND by the way.

Wounded Ronin
8th September 04, 09:38 AM

Actually, legally, you're wrong. If someone is being held on the ground by two Secret Service people, at that point you have no legal right to kick the person, because the person is no longer representing a threat of equal magnitude to you that you cannot retreat from.

Now, let's say that the protestor was on her feet and assaulting him. Then, yes, he could kick her, making the case that in the confusion of the meeting hall he couldn't effectively retreat. But then, if it ever came before a jury, the jury might decide that the young Republican, being male, had a "disparity of force" in his favor, and that he wasn't justified in attacking her in exactly the same way as she attacked him. Or, they might not. It all depends on how the jury and lawyers spin it.

Every martial artist should read up on self-defense laws. In this case, what you thought was "clear cut" was definitely not what you thought it was.

SLJ
8th September 04, 10:17 AM
Any fool (even a Kungfool) knows booting someone in the head when they're being held down is not self defense. You don't have to be a top notch lawyer to work that out.

Xango
8th September 04, 10:32 AM
Why isn't the title of this thread "Young Republican gets smacked in the head, kicks female protestor"?

Wounded Ronin
8th September 04, 10:39 AM
Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I was under the understanding that the guy who got hit in the head was different than the guy who administered the kick.

I only mentioned the kick in the title because that's the only thing that was caught on video. I was trying to be concise about the exciting thing you could see if you clicked on this topic.

Kungfoolss
8th September 04, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by SLJ
Any fool (even a Kungfool) knows booting someone in the head when they're being held down is not self defense. You don't have to be a top notch lawyer to work that out.

Stop being so hypersensitive over the issue, the best time to kick someone is when they're down. Vanderlei Silva does it all the time.

Kungfoolss
8th September 04, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I was under the understanding that the guy who got hit in the head was different than the guy who administered the kick.

If that's the case, then the guy was being a good samaritan getting in the licks the other Republican couldn't due to the crowd and security.

I only mentioned the kick in the title because that's the only thing that was caught on video. I was trying to be concise about the exciting thing you could see if you clicked on this topic.

Yah, you never know, maybe that guy lost his cool because he got hit first. We all know how the media loves to slant the Truth.

Kungfoolss
8th September 04, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Xango
Why isn't the title of this thread "Young Republican gets smacked in the head, kicks female protestor"?

I agree, let's get some truth in advertising here. :D

Kungfoolss
8th September 04, 11:32 AM
Actually, legally, you're wrong. If someone is being held on the ground by two Secret Service people, at that point you have no legal right to kick the person, because the person is no longer representing a threat of equal magnitude to you that you cannot retreat from.

Now, let's say that the protestor was on her feet and assaulting him. Then, yes, he could kick her, making the case that in the confusion of the meeting hall he couldn't effectively retreat. But then, if it ever came before a jury, the jury might decide that the young Republican, being male, had a "disparity of force" in his favor, and that he wasn't justified in attacking her in exactly the same way as she attacked him. Or, they might not. It all depends on how the jury and lawyers spin it.

Every martial artist should read up on self-defense laws. In this case, what you thought was "clear cut" was definitely not what you thought it was.

Oh come on, the gentlemen in the green shirt was the real victim here. I could see how visibly traumatized he was as he was being interviewed after the episode. Obviously, this fine upstanding citizen reacted rationally to the threat posed by the Nazi-like tactics of the radical left and responded accordingly. If charges are ever brought against this model citizen and I happened to be the judge, I'd dismiss the charges and shake his hand.

SLJ
8th September 04, 11:33 AM
If someone did that to me they'd get it back. Just wasn't self defense.

Kungfoolss
8th September 04, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by xero
See funny thing about that is you are in DEUTCHLAND! So you for you to really comment on the ammount of coverage is really futile since you lack the sheer ammount of domestic american channels/media outlets. I saw plenty of coverage of both the DNC and RNC. I found both of the coverage to be fair in air time.

You do have the right to peacefully protest in this county. You do not have the right to be violent during such events. I dont care what cause you stand for or against if you are a violent protestor you deserve to have the book thrown at you.

Here Here! You cause trouble, you deserve what's coming to you. That's the American way.

TheManchu
8th September 04, 11:57 AM
I guess I must be older than the other posters on here who don't seem to remember a time when only cowards and scum would hit a woman, which is about nine steps up from kicking one in the head. That boy is the biggest pussy ever.

CaptShady
8th September 04, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by TheManchu
I guess I must be older than the other posters on here who don't seem to remember a time when only cowards and scum would hit a woman, which is about nine steps up from kicking one in the head. That boy is the biggest pussy ever.

Too true ... like the clip where the bush protestor pushed a pregnant woman ... no one said/did a thing. That being said, never hitting a woman wasn't necessary in the past. What do you do if a woman wants to fight like a man?

TheManchu
8th September 04, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CaptShady
Too true ... like the clip where the bush protestor pushed a pregnant woman ... no one said/did a thing.

I'm in full agreement.

WingChun Lawyer
8th September 04, 12:43 PM
One coward action does not excuse another. I may be an old fashioned idiot, but I would beat the crap out of any idiot who dared to hurt a woman, no matter his political affiliation.

Bolverk
8th September 04, 01:10 PM
The country is spelled DEUTSCHLAND by the way.

Acutally, it is spelled G E R M A N Y. Unless you are speaking German.

Bolverk
8th September 04, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by TheManchu

Yes, that is true, a man would never hit a lady. But those were also the days when women acted like ladies, and not like another butthead guy.

TheManchu
8th September 04, 01:48 PM
What's most interesting is the kid actually lying about kicking the girl in the head to the people who filmed him doing it, then doing the blank stare to their accusations. What a cowardly loser.

joen00b
8th September 04, 02:38 PM
If you watcht the video closely, the punk was trying to swat her upside the head as the SS was taking her away. he then starts kicking her in the leg, then tries to trip her. When she does fall from being pushed around and tripped, he steps forward, kicks her multiple times, then slinks away.

Yeah, KF, self defense is a viable argument. Figures you'd say it that way.

cyrijl
8th September 04, 02:57 PM
oooh one story proves everything...

On a random note:
There is a talk show here in boston. Two of the ppl (one rep one dem) went to cover the RNC. They has credentials which were similiar to the delegates. They said when they were leaving there were being harrassed and being called baby killers. It was funny since neither of them are voting for bush. Protesters don't even seem to know who or what they are actually protesting.

Ignorant
8th September 04, 02:59 PM
anyone who would hit a woman should have their face nawed off by crows....and yes, just remember, its not the dems that go around blowing abortion clinics up.

cyrijl
8th September 04, 03:04 PM
it is also not only rep which tear apart small businesses, which riot in the streets

Ignorant
8th September 04, 03:06 PM
your comparing tearing apart small businesses to blowing up clinics? seriously?

cyrijl
8th September 04, 03:11 PM
how many clinics were blown up last year?
how much property damage was caused?

Ignorant
8th September 04, 03:19 PM
hmmmm so now your comparing the taking of lives to property damage....interesting. Im not implying dems dont do this either dont get me wrong.

cyrijl
8th September 04, 03:23 PM
How many ppl were killed in abortion explosions last year? Please answer my question.

joen00b
8th September 04, 03:30 PM
Considering Republicans are Pro-Life, the argument you're having is very assinine.

MrMcFu
8th September 04, 03:42 PM
Stop being so hypersensitive over the issue, the best time to kick someone is when they're down. Vanderlei Silva does it all the time.

Holy shit KFS just actually posted something funny . . .

Leodom
8th September 04, 03:42 PM
Here's another man-handled protestor.

http://www.enquirer.com/midday/img/kerry/photo4.html

cyrijl
8th September 04, 03:46 PM
?
Not really, i think the modern protester is kind of silly. There are better ways to becomes involved in local and national politics.

cyrijl
8th September 04, 03:47 PM
He as being man-handled by kerry supporters

Ignorant
8th September 04, 05:17 PM
Considering Republicans are Pro-Life, the argument you're having is very assinine.

i agree, which is why im confused as to how they would justify it.

Samuel Browning
8th September 04, 06:34 PM

Assuming the facts to be as stated I endorse this line of reasoning as being an accurate statement of American Law.

nihilist
8th September 04, 11:51 PM
Holy shit KFS just actually posted something funny . . .

He's done that at least once before.

Stick
9th September 04, 02:13 AM
Leo, that pic is hilarious.

http://www.enquirer.com/midday/img/kerry/kerry4.jpg

Ah, classic. Obviously this heckler has not been practicing his anti-grappling drills lately.

mikus
9th September 04, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Bolverk
Yes, that is true, a man would never hit a lady. But those were also the days when women acted like ladies, and not like another butthead guy.

Exactly. Whenever my woman is trying this "speaking" stuff and not baking me a meal after a long days work, I have to slap her.