PDA

View Full Version : Associated Press: Bush'd National Guard file missing records

PeedeeShaolin
5th September 04, 12:24 PM
The Associated Press reported today that documents that would explain gaos in President Bush's service were missing from the records that the White House released re:his service in 1972/73.

For example, Air National Guard regulations at the time required commanders to write an investigative report for the Air Force when Bush missed his annual medical exam in 1972. The regulations also required commanders to confirm in writing that Bush received counseling after missing five months of drills.

No such records have been made public and the government told The Associated Press in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit that it has released all records it can find.

What a surprise huh? I'm glad after all the Swift Boat bullshit that someone is actually going to call this administration on its chicken hawk draft dodging actions.

The excuse will claim that its just poor record keeping. Right.

Challenging the government's declaration that no more documents exist, the AP identified five categories of records that should have been generated after Bush skipped his pilot's physical and missed five months of training.

"Each of these actions by any member of the National Guard should have generated the creation of many documents that have yet to be produced," AP lawyer David Schulz wrote the Justice Department (news - web sites) Aug. 26.

FrankenKerry should have been on this from day 1, like flies on shit. I have no idea why these people backed down from an intensive review of Bush's National Guard History when it was so obvious that he used his fathers connections to avoid the war. I personally dont "boo" him for doing that, although now that he sends our troops to fight and die its a bit much.

A May 1973 yearly evaluation from Bush's Texas unit gives the future president no ratings and stated Bush had not been seen at the Texas base since April 1972. In a directive from June 29, 1973, an Air Force personnel official pressed Bush's unit for information about his Alabama service.

"This officer should have been reassigned in May 1972," wrote Master Sgt. Daniel P. Harkness, "since he no longer is training in his AFSC (Air Force Service Category, or job title) or with his unit of assignment."

Then-Maj. Rufus G. Martin replied Nov. 12, 1973: "Not rated for the period 1 May 72 through 30 Apr 73. Report for this period not available for administrative reasons."

Zing.....

Deadpan Scientist
5th September 04, 01:00 PM
FrankenKerry should have been on this from day 1
Maybe both cadidates should focus on why people should vote for them instead of why they shouldn't vote for the other guy.

PeedeeShaolin
5th September 04, 01:13 PM
Maybe both cadidates should focus on why people should vote for them instead of why they shouldn't vote for the other guy.

You think it might be just a weeee bit late for this Brand?

Deadpan Scientist
5th September 04, 01:18 PM
It's never too late to start doing the right thing.

For instance, it's not too late to sterilize yourself

SRK85
5th September 04, 09:32 PM
HAHA its true though kerry has to stop slamming bush and start saying how he will fix things.

CaptShady
7th September 04, 08:13 AM
And BOTH could end this issue quite easily, but BOTH refuse to. Supposed men of character? Far from it! And one of these douche bags are going to be president (and one currently is).

Wounded Ronin
7th September 04, 11:23 AM
I'm voting for Kerry just because I don't think that he's as disatrously stupid as Bush is.

SRK85
7th September 04, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
I'm voting for Kerry just because I don't think that he's as disatrously stupid as Bush is.

Im with you on that one. Kerry isnt the greatest but compared to Bush hes god. Also I vote for people not parties.

PeedeeShaolin
7th September 04, 02:17 PM
People are still fucking with Kerry's record but ignoring Bush's LMAO! Its hilarious!

SRK85
7th September 04, 03:10 PM
Yeah those Bush supporters are hilliarous.