PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Campaign Backtracks On First Purple Heart Award



CaptShady
25th August 04, 02:18 PM
So what he first claimed was heroic action worthy of making so much more qualified to be CIC of US armed forces has proven to be a LIE. LIE LIE LIE! I'll be this is just the tip of the iceberg, and more of KERRY'S BLATANT LIES will come out before it's all said and done.


GARRETT: "And questions keep coming. For example, Kerry received a Purple Heart for wounds suffered on December 2, 1968. But in Kerry's own journal written nine days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, 'hadn't been shot at yet,' unquote. Kerry's campaign has said it is possible this first Purple Heart was awarded for an unintentional self-inflicted wound -- Brit." (Special Report with Brit Hume Aug.23, 2004)

Source (http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/article.php?story=20040824130358175)

Gelid Light
25th August 04, 02:24 PM
Stop the comedy.

"As we approached the enemy, there was a brief exchange of gunfire. I took a grenade in hand, pulled the pin, and tossed it in the direction of the farmhouse. It wasn't a very good pitch (remember, I was used to catching passes, not throwing them). In the darkness, the grenade must have struck a tree and bounced off. It exploded nearby, sending a sliver of metal into my leg--the sort of injury the Army patched up with Mercurochrome and a Purple Heart."

---Bob Dole, excerpted from his 1988 autobiography, American Dreams.

PeedeeShaolin
25th August 04, 02:26 PM
Hee Hee.......

But the Capt doesn't like Bush OR Kerry right?

LMAO!

Name ONE THREAD you've ever posted about Bush fukking up....

Balloonknot
25th August 04, 02:28 PM
He can't. He hasn't come out of the republican closet yet PD.

Leodom
25th August 04, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Gelid Light
Stop the comedy.

"As we approached the enemy, there was a brief exchange of gunfire. I took a grenade in hand, pulled the pin, and tossed it in the direction of the farmhouse. It wasn't a very good pitch (remember, I was used to catching passes, not throwing them). In the darkness, the grenade must have struck a tree and bounced off. It exploded nearby, sending a sliver of metal into my leg--the sort of injury the Army patched up with Mercurochrome and a Purple Heart."

---Bob Dole, excerpted from his 1988 autobiography, American Dreams.

Did Bob Dole file for a Purple Heart based on this incident? Did he then use that and two other "owies" to get out of service?

Gelid Light
25th August 04, 02:37 PM
None of that is falsifiable. You and many others have repeatedly claimed that a Purple Heart for an unintentionally self-inflicted wound is an illegitimate award.

So, is it?

Chupacabra
25th August 04, 02:39 PM
I thought bob dole spent 4 years in a rehabilitation because he got shot the fuck up by a machine gun

Leodom
25th August 04, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Gelid Light
None of that is falsifiable. You and many others have repeatedly claimed that a Purple Heart for an unintentionally self-inflicted wound is an illegitimate award.

So, is it?

I have never claimed that a purple heart for an unintentional self-inflicted would is illegitimate. I would have to check the military regulations on that. It's not my call. I do question the character of a man who would put himself in for a purple heart for such a minor wound. It reminds me of the M.A.S.H. episode when Frank Burns put himself in for a purple heart due to "shell fragments" in his eye. It turned out to be egg shell fragments from a cooking accident. Kerry was probably a Frank Burns type of character in the military. Self important and loathed by most of those around him. (just a guess on my part)

Did Bob Dole receive a purple heart for an unintentional self-inflicted wound? Your excerpt from his autobiography just says he got such a wound but did not state whether or not he got a purple heart for it.

Chupacabra
25th August 04, 02:49 PM
Bob dole has 2 purple hearts. one for the above mentioned event and one because he got shot the fuck up by a machine gun

PeedeeShaolin
25th August 04, 02:56 PM
Kerry was probably a Frank Burns type of character in the military. Self important and loathed by most of those around him. (just a guess on my part)

Kerry was probably a Christ like character. Benign and able to perform miracles and loved by millions. In fact I personally think he simply LEVITATED that green beret out of the water after the mine expoded. (just a guess on my part)

Gelid Light
25th August 04, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Leodom
I have never claimed that a purple heart for an unintentional self-inflicted would is illegitimate. I would have to check the military regulations on that. It's not my call.

My mistake. Had you confused with "Rigante".

Leodom
25th August 04, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
Kerry was probably a Christ like character. Benign and able to perform miracles and loved by millions. In fact I personally think he simply LEVITATED that green beret out of the water after the mine expoded. (just a guess on my part)

Yeah, you keep believing that.

CaptShady
25th August 04, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
Hee Hee.......

But the Capt doesn't like Bush OR Kerry right?

LMAO!

Name ONE THREAD you've ever posted about Bush fukking up....

I have. The posts exist just as a way of evening the scales. There's plenty of anti Bush posts, I don't need to post more.

PeedeeShaolin
25th August 04, 03:17 PM
Yeah, you keep believing that.

hey if YOU'RE entitled to GUESS at what happened during factual events and believe your own bullshit, then so am I.

Rigante
25th August 04, 03:25 PM
My understanding which is definately suspect is that wound has to result from enemy fire and not self inflicted. Why Kerry's wound is controversial is that the first physician who treated as I understand it (and I will be looking at the facts more this weekend if I can track down the sources) told him because it was self inflicted it was not meriting a purple heart, yet 3 months later he got it awarded. The details could be wrong here but that is the verbal story going around. Anybody here more knowledgable on Purples Hearts please speak up and fill us in.

Ronin
25th August 04, 03:27 PM
Purple heart is a marksmanship award for the enemy.

Zendetta
25th August 04, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by CaptShady
I have. The posts exist just as a way of evening the scales. There's plenty of anti Bush posts, I don't need to post more.

Yes you do. we need to VOTE THE FUCKER OUT.